Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240421_120327 (resized).jpg
20240421_120348 (resized).jpg
IMG_1106 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7186 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
White Water 12-7043 Wire.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_7687 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7686 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7694 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7678 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0736 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0732 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0737 (resized).jpeg
There are 7,832 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 157.
#1751 8 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

So how many other people have lightning flippers installed? I asked the guy when I bought it if these were standard and he said yes, but it was also set to 5 balls. I set it back to 3 balls and the game has always felt really hard to me, which is great, but I don't want to make it artificially so....

I purchased a one owner from new WH20 last year and it came with all the original envelopes and goody bags. In one those bags was a spare set of plastics and a set of lightning flippers. So I'm guessing it came with both for the op to choose what he installed. The game kicks my ass enough as it is, never mind putting those on!!!

#1752 8 years ago
Quoted from Sciddleybop1980:

I purchased a one owner from new WH20 last year and it came with all the original envelopes and goody bags. In one those bags was a spare set of plastics and a set of lightning flippers. So I'm guessing it came with both for the op to choose what he installed. The game kicks my ass enough as it is, never mind putting those on!!!

put the lighting flippers on mine, had no choice, the other flippers were all beat to hell and cracked from years of being on route

#1753 8 years ago

cabinet is done! tomorrow install the playfield and then wiring

IMG_5067_(resized).JPGIMG_5067_(resized).JPG

IMG_5068_(resized).JPGIMG_5068_(resized).JPG

#1754 8 years ago

Done quickly and looks great. Thumbs up from me.

#1755 8 years ago

I will be curious to see how paint holds up. I have to admit, I didn't want to like this because it seemed like a cheap and easy way to do it- but it looks really nice now and if it doesn't scratch or wear off.....party on

#1756 8 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I will be curious to see how paint holds up. I have to admit, I didn't want to like this because it seemed like a cheap and easy way to do it- but it looks really nice now and if it doesn't scratch or wear off.....party on

didn't use cheap paint and sanded the rails and door. did this on my other machines and they have held up now for over two years
The legs are powder coated

#1759 8 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Done quickly and looks great. Thumbs up from me.

been about three weeks, working on it every spare moment we had, all told we have worked between 60 to 70 hours on it. Could have taken a bit more time but My wife needs the office space back for tutoring

#1760 8 years ago
Quoted from nsmith:

didn't use cheap paint and sanded the rails and door. did this on my other machines and they have held up now for over two years
The legs are powder coated

also, will seal it tomorrow with make it last

#1761 8 years ago

this is what it looked like 2 and a half weeks ago, the playfield at the time was disgusting

IMG_4733_(resized).JPGIMG_4733_(resized).JPG

IMG_4842_(resized).JPGIMG_4842_(resized).JPG

IMG_4846_(resized).JPGIMG_4846_(resized).JPG

#1762 8 years ago

I love the Judge Dreads side blades, they fit the theme and shape of the ramps perfectly!

Attachment_1_(resized).jpgAttachment_1_(resized).jpg

Attachment_1_(resized).jpgAttachment_1_(resized).jpg

#1763 8 years ago

I am looking to add side graphics. These seem to look a little better than the one with the trees from pin graphics. What do you all think ?

#1764 8 years ago
Quoted from wolfy:

I am looking to add side graphics. These seem to look a little better than the one with the trees from pin graphics. What do you all think ?

I have Dredd's ready to go on my machine. They look a lot better in terms of fitting the theme.

#1765 8 years ago

I'll wait for Tilt to come out with a set and then I'll make a final decision.

#1766 8 years ago
Quoted from Sciddleybop1980:

Ah thanks for that, I think that explains it. I think I'll leave them on for now, until I get fed up!

#1767 8 years ago
Quoted from wolfy:

I have the Dredd's as well. Havent had time to put them on yet but definitely prefer the look to the others ive seen.

#1768 8 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

I have Dredd's ready to go on my machine. They look a lot better in terms of fitting the theme.

can we see them?
i'd like them too

#1769 8 years ago

if anyone is contemplating leaving the club, I have a pretty nice creature as trade bait

#1770 8 years ago
Quoted from nsmith:

this is what it looked like 2 and a half weeks ago, the playfield at the time was disgusting

IMG_4733_(resized).JPGIMG_4842_(resized).JPGIMG_4846_(resized).JPG

The rubber between the 2 pop bumpers looks strange to me. I will have to check mine out when I get home but I dont believe I have one there.

#1771 8 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

can we see them?
i'd like them too

I don't have them installed yet, sorry. They are coiled up here ready to put on but I have some other things to add first so minimise lifiting the playfield. They are only paper/vinyl so imagine will mark quite easily.

#1772 8 years ago
Quoted from Tlamb:

The rubber between the 2 pop bumpers looks strange to me. I will have to check mine out when I get home but I dont believe I have one there.

Mine has it there. This specific rubber has been discussed before. The original machine had this rubber installed. I believe it's in the manual as well. Some people take it out to allow the ball into that area and trigger the sounds off that switch in there.

#1773 8 years ago

wwr_(resized).jpgwwr_(resized).jpg

#1774 8 years ago
Quoted from Tlamb:

It's common to see variations in this area. I don't like that the manual's setting blocks off that whole area. So I left the star post and put a small post-rubber around it. I either did the right rubber like a triangle, or put another post-rubber around the upper star post.

White_Water_Boulder_Garden_Tear_Down_3_(resized).jpgWhite_Water_Boulder_Garden_Tear_Down_3_(resized).jpg

#1775 8 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

It's common to see variations in this area. I don't like that the manual's setting blocks off that whole area. So I left the star post and put a small post-rubber around it. I either did the right rubber like a triangle, or put another post-rubber around the upper star post.

White_Water_Boulder_Garden_Tear_Down_3_(resized).jpg

So either way it is correct. I followed the manual but I was wondering if it was better to just leave it out completely

#1776 8 years ago

I left mine out completely.. I guess there's a chance I'll drain out of the bumper nest, but it hasn't felt overly unfair yet.

#1777 8 years ago

So after testing the rails, here is my assessment. don't paint the side rails, they will not hold the paint and it will scrap off very easily. trying to see if clear coat will help the problem but I doubt it. But I am happy to report that everything else is holding the paint like a champ. I will probably end up sanding the side rails back to their original metal

#1778 8 years ago

Hey, thanks for the honest feedback.

#1779 8 years ago

yes, thanks for letting us know as I was also considering doing this..

#1780 8 years ago

If you are finishing a restoration don't forget to get a set of the green oblong lock target protectors from Mantis Amusements.
They are a necessity, unless you want to keep hunting down targets and want cracked ramps.

http://www.mantisamusements.com/ww.htm

I have had a set on mine for over a decade when they were first released.
These are in addition to Cliffy upgrades for the Disaster Drop ramp or any other part of the machine.

#1781 8 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

If you are finishing a restoration don't forget to get a set of the green oblong lock target protectors from Mantis Amusements.
They are a necessity, unless you want to keep hunting down targets and want cracked ramps.
http://www.mantisamusements.com/ww.htm
I have had a set on mine for over a decade when they were first released.
These are in addition to Cliffy upgrades for the Disaster Drop ramp or any other part of the machine.

I put those on when I replaced my ramps. At first I was thinking they were gonna look industrial and I wouldn't need them for home use, but decided to use them anyway and they actually look really nice. They are cutout to let light shine thru the targets and look nice and clean.

#1782 8 years ago

yzfguy and aeneas, you can paint the door, lock down bar, legs etc, as those hold up with no problems. I have done it to my other pins and it has held up under heavy use for over two years now. The only thing that is a problem is the side rails. I have painted clear acrylic on them yesterday which takes 24 hours to cure. I will report on if it works later today

#1783 8 years ago

Hi guys just did a trade with a mate for his whitewater for a few months an was hoping some of u guys can help me with the rules? So I got all the rafts last night an wet willies was lit on the playfield, what was meant to do to start it ?? I kept hitting no way out thinking that's the way but obviously not... An I noticed on the dmd the boulder garden is something you need to complete the vacation planner, what is that, is it having all the modes started/completed ?? Or has it something to do with the Boulder garden shot?? Any help will be great, thanks in advance.

#1784 8 years ago

To get to wet Willy's ya need to complete all shots with lit yellow arrows.

#1785 8 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

To get to wet Willy's ya need to complete all shots with lit yellow arrows.

Orange arrows. The rafts are yellow. You need to hit the orange "hazard" arrows to finish Wet Willys stage 1. Then stage 2 begins. It will be a moving orange "hazard" arrow.

#1786 8 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

I'd love to become a member of the club! I'm looking for a project machine that I can take the time and put some work into bringing another game back from the brink.
Let me know what you have or if you know of any leads.
Thanks

Bump.

#1787 8 years ago

OK, so far the clear coat is doing it job, looks like the paint is now sealed and holding up on the side rails.

#1788 8 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Orange arrows. The rafts are yellow. You need to hit the orange "hazard" arrows to finish Wet Willys stage 1. Then stage 2 begins. It will be a moving orange "hazard" arrow.

You can also use the three "light kickback" targets to spot you a hazard or three shots to the Disaster Drop ramp will also spot a hazard. Disaster Drop holds bonus at 6, advances raft at 9, and lights extra ball at 12.

#1789 8 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

You can also use the three "light kickback" targets to spot you a hazard or three shots to the Disaster Drop ramp will also spot a hazard. Disaster Drop holds bonus at 6, advances raft at 9, and lights extra ball at 12.

Kickback already has to be lit for the kickback targets to spot you a raft. If not, it just re-lights the kickback. 3 shots to Disaster Drop will spot you a raft, and using the "secret passage" will also spot you a raft. Advance raft in boulder gardens also spots you a raft. I like waiting to use this until at least after raft 10 is lit up.

Only the latest version of the ROM will hold your BONUS. L5 does not.

#1790 8 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Kickback already has to be lit for the kickback targets to spot you a raft. If not, it just re-lights the kickback. 3 shots to Disaster Drop will spot you a raft, and using the "secret passage" will also spot you a raft. Advance raft in boulder gardens also spots you a raft. I like waiting to use this until at least after raft 10 is lit up.
Only the latest version of the ROM will hold your BONUS. L5 does not.

Secret passage DOES spot a raft, Disaster Drop & the kickback targets spot a hazard, not an entire raft. Disaster Drop spots a raft at 9 hits (I believe). If you only need one hazard and hit the kickbacks, then I could see where you would think it spots a raft.

#1791 8 years ago

Hey, I just picked up a White Water this weekend minus the topper. I know these are tough to find. Anybody have one for sale? Any word on the remake that was blundered? I'm also looking for a new mountain set. It looks like everyone is sold out. Any leads? Thanks

#1792 8 years ago
Quoted from jk:

Hey, I just picked up a White Water this weekend minus the topper. I know these are tough to find. Anybody have one for sale? Any word on the remake that was blundered? I'm also looking for a new mountain set. It looks like everyone is sold out. Any leads? Thanks

http://www.ministryofpinball.com/en/white-water-mountain-boulders-set.html

Don't mess with Twisted Pins.
Wait for the potential alternative for lenticular decal and curved plastic.

Dome is readily available from multiple sources.

Reflective dome decal is readily available from multiple sources.

Replacement light and control boards readily available from Great Lakes Modular, but make sure your game voltages are in proper specification first.

Total cost for all parts including a used lenticular plastic is going to cost you over $500 (shipping considered).
Something you need to be aware.

#1793 8 years ago

Finished, well almost, I have a short in one of the two lights in the back of the upper play field; will need to pull it apart and find the short, in the meantime disconnected the two lights. Hate the yellow LED's they have to go blah. Also, the lightning bats have to go too, nope, no way, out of here.

IMG_5449_(resized).JPGIMG_5449_(resized).JPG

IMG_5450_(resized).JPGIMG_5450_(resized).JPG

IMG_5451_(resized).JPGIMG_5451_(resized).JPG

#1794 8 years ago

Looks good. It's funny, but I just started taking mine apart because I can't stand the blue LEDs someone put in it. I'm all about remaining true to the original GI colours.

#1795 8 years ago

I couldn't stand the white LOL. Looks much better in person, the photos do it no justice. They are not really blue more of a ice blue, but not sure I am absolutely in love with them, just no white

#1796 8 years ago

I am liking the ice blue. Very nice job!

Did you happen to prime the stainless steel before painting? I think it would really help to have a primer specifically made to adhere to stainless. Typically stainless steel doesn't take paint very well. It really needs a better substrate.

#1797 8 years ago

Here's my powder coated bits I picked up last Friday ready to go one once the cab is ready
I put the coin door back together over the weekend.

IMG_3490_(resized).JPGIMG_3490_(resized).JPG

IMG_3462_(resized).JPGIMG_3462_(resized).JPG

#1798 8 years ago

Please disregard request I found the part thanks.

#1799 8 years ago
Quoted from jsyjay:

Here's my powder coated bits I picked up last Friday ready to go one once the cab is ready
I put the coin door back together over the weekend.

IMG_3490_(resized).JPGIMG_3462_(resized).JPG

Ya threw them in the back of the car?! I woulda had them wrapped up!

#1800 8 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

http://www.ministryofpinball.com/en/white-water-mountain-boulders-set.html
Don't mess with Twisted Pins.
Wait for the potential alternative for lenticular decal and curved plastic.
Dome is readily available from multiple sources.
Reflective dome decal is readily available from multiple sources.
Replacement light and control boards readily available from Great Lakes Modular, but make sure your game voltages are in proper specification first.
Total cost for all parts including a used lenticular plastic is going to cost you over $500 (shipping considered).
Something you need to be aware.

Thanks. Wow, that Boulder set is expensive from ministry. I remember when they were selling them at US sites for $115-$120. If anyone has a spare new set I would be interested. Is this the lenticular curved plastic?
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-8745
Was the reflective dome decal stock and does it go at the top of the dome?
Has there been any talk of anyone else beside twisted pins reproducing the lenticular decal with stock waterfall effect? I guess my choices are to try and find a used one or else buy the non working decal or just wait and hope a working one is produced. But who knows how long we'll have to wait.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Montpelier, VA
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

7,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Sugarloaf, CO
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 12.95
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 7,832 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 157.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whitewater-club-lifejackets-not-required/page/36 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.