Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240421_120327 (resized).jpg
20240421_120348 (resized).jpg
IMG_1106 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7186 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
White Water 12-7043 Wire.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_7687 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7686 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7694 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7678 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0736 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0732 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0737 (resized).jpeg
There are 7,832 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 157.
#1701 8 years ago

Its coming along, new mountains, rubber ring set, and leg protectors and leg...starting to look good

IMG_4964_(resized).JPGIMG_4964_(resized).JPG

IMG_4967_(resized).JPGIMG_4967_(resized).JPG

IMG_4968_(resized).JPGIMG_4968_(resized).JPG

IMG_4969_(resized).JPGIMG_4969_(resized).JPG

IMG_4970_(resized).JPGIMG_4970_(resized).JPG

#1703 8 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

I like how you have your bear mounted. Care to share on how you did this?

I did mine a little different.

20160401_134405_resized_(resized).jpg20160401_134405_resized_(resized).jpg

20160401_134220_resized-2_(resized).jpg20160401_134220_resized-2_(resized).jpg

#1704 8 years ago
Quoted from nsmith:

Color is metallic blue metal flake

Your post suggest that you painted it. Powder coat? Looks really nice.

#1705 8 years ago
Quoted from waldo34:

Your post suggest that you painted it. Powder coat? Looks really nice.

only the legs are powder coated, the rest I painted myself

#1706 8 years ago

I have thought about giving this a try in the past. Any idea how it will hold up? What brand / type of paint? Thanks, Waldo

#1707 8 years ago
Quoted from waldo34:

I have thought about giving this a try in the past. Any idea how it will hold up? What brand / type of paint? Thanks, Waldo

here is the exact paint, when you start using it, make sure to wipe the nozzle every few sprays or it will clump

Dupli-Color MS400 Ocean Blue Metal Specks - 11 oz.

#1709 8 years ago

If you plunge too hard and the ball drains, you get it back if it didn't hit any switches.

The Fuse 110 issue is probably the light socket on the left side of the playfield under the mountain. Lift the playfield and look for a socket on the left edge directly above or below the support rail. The 44 bayonet socket is probably touching it as the hold is RIGHT ON the rail.

#1710 8 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

If you plunge too hard and the ball drains, you get it back if it didn't hit any switches.
The Fuse 110 issue is probably the light socket on the left side of the playfield under the mountain. Lift the playfield and look for a socket on the left edge directly above or below the support rail. The 44 bayonet socket is probably touching it as the hold is RIGHT ON the rail.

That ball save is only on the newer rom.

#1711 8 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

That ball save is only on the newer rom.

If you don't score any points you get the ball back, even if no ball save is on.

#1712 8 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

One thing is not clear to me, is the ball supposed to go SDTM from a full plunge?
If it doesn't, what is the tweak to stop this? My machine seems levelled, etc.
Thanks.

It shouldn't do this. Left flipper.

Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Anyone know where to get blue river targets that match the original?
I had one break, ordered one from pinball life but it turned out to be the wrong shade of blue despite being the right part.

Well this sucks. How off is the colour? I would guess the newer target would be a deeper shade of blue as it's newer and hasn't faded over time. I have one that is cracking and I'd hate to have to replace all of them to keep the colour consistent.

#1713 8 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

It shouldn't do this. Left flipper.

Well this sucks. How off is the colour? I would guess the newer target would be a deeper shade of blue as it's newer and hasn't faded over time. I have one that is cracking and I'd hate to have to replace all of them to keep the colour consistent.

Thanks that that.

Found the SDTM plunge fix... there is a metal guide that screws up against the left side of the Spine Chiller ramp. At the top where the ball comes round the bend there is a metal flap which is attached to the guide. If this flap isn't flush against the plastic ramp it aims the ball SDTM. Once it's flush it hits the left flipper, I used a bit of tape just to hold it for now until I buy some sticky pads.

#1714 8 years ago

play field is nearly repopulated, cabinet now has the door, rails, lockdown bar, and legs on. Inside cabinet first coat of paint. Never thought we would get this far.....She is looking good

IMG_5040_(resized).JPGIMG_5040_(resized).JPG

IMG_5041_(resized).JPGIMG_5041_(resized).JPG

IMG_5042_(resized).JPGIMG_5042_(resized).JPG

IMG_5043_(resized).JPGIMG_5043_(resized).JPG

IMG_5044_(resized).JPGIMG_5044_(resized).JPG

IMG_5045_(resized).JPGIMG_5045_(resized).JPG

IMG_5046_(resized).JPGIMG_5046_(resized).JPG

IMG_5047_(resized).JPGIMG_5047_(resized).JPG

IMG_5048_(resized).JPGIMG_5048_(resized).JPG

IMG_5049_(resized).JPGIMG_5049_(resized).JPG

#1715 8 years ago

Looks like you're on the home stretch. Are you leaving the lightning flippers on it? Do you have new LITE and LOCK green stand-up targets on order?

It's coming together very quickly. Looks great!

#1716 8 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Looks like you're on the home stretch. Are you leaving the lightning flippers on it? Do you have new LITE and LOCK green stand-up targets on order?
It's coming together very quickly. Looks great!

yes I have the Lite and Lock stand-up targets just haven't replaced yet. I just put the lighting flippers in as the old ones were cracked and paint was peeling. I have to order another blue target as they have yellow target in place of one of them

#1717 8 years ago

I also noticed that the repro mountain set is lighter in color then the original, no big deal

#1718 8 years ago
Quoted from nsmith:

yes I have the Lite and Lock stand-up targets just haven't replaced yet. I just put the lighting flippers in as the old ones were cracked and paint was peeling. I have to order another blue target as they have yellow target in place of one of them

When you order the blue targets you might want to order a full set. Someone earlier in this thread (like only back a few posts) replaced only one of the blue ones and the colour was off. I need to replace my HOT FOOT targets. Someone threw blue ones in there instead of the stock white. They put blue LEDs under the PF as well. I kind of like that though so I plan to leave it that way.

Are any of the old mountains salvageable? I need the one that covers up the R-I-V-E-R area.

#1719 8 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

When you order the blue targets you might want to order a full set. Someone earlier in this thread (like only back a few posts) replaced only one of the blue ones and the colour was off. I need to replace my HOT FOOT targets. Someone threw blue ones in there instead of the stock white. They put blue LEDs under the PF as well. I kind of like that though so I plan to leave it that way.
Are any of the old mountains salvageable? I need the one that covers up the R-I-V-E-R area.

Ill take some pics of them tomorrow and post.

#1720 8 years ago

I was at a friends house playing White Water and at one point Wet Willy called me a wiener!

I also recently just purchased a White Water and have played it tons since I got it but Willy has never called me "wiener" on my machine. Is this a special setting, rom set, sound file added or something? I'm running Rom H-6.

#1721 8 years ago

Mine calls me a wiener every once in a great while.

#1722 8 years ago

It's somewhat rare, ... as it should be

#1723 8 years ago

So this is just a rare occurrence and is on all machines with no setting needed? I love that they put something so wacky like this in the game.

#1724 8 years ago
Quoted from Mokthemagicman:

So this is just a rare occurrence and is on all machines with no setting needed? I love that they put something so wacky like this in the game.

Yes with H-6 ROMs

#1725 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yes with H-6 ROMs

My friend has the H-5 ROMS and it still said "Ya Wiener"

#1726 8 years ago
Quoted from Mokthemagicman:

My friend has the H-5 ROMS and it still said "Ya Wiener"

I'm using L5 and I've heard it as well.

#1727 8 years ago
Quoted from nsmith:

I also noticed that the repro mountain set is lighter in color then the original, no big deal

Looking good,but Big foot's cave is in the wrong spot.

#1728 8 years ago

nsmith, your Bigfoot Cave is in the wrong location. Looks kind of cool there though. It actually goes on the Bigfoot Ramp near the attachment to the upper to lower playfield ramp. I will look for a picture.

IMG_6358_(resized).JPGIMG_6358_(resized).JPG

#1729 8 years ago

LOL Yeah I know, my wife noticed and put it in the right place

play field is now complete, we put our extra bumper bolder where the missing mountain is, my wife's idea and I think it looks great. Head will be compete soon

IMG_5052_(resized).JPGIMG_5052_(resized).JPG

IMG_5053_(resized).JPGIMG_5053_(resized).JPG

IMG_5054_(resized).JPGIMG_5054_(resized).JPG

#1730 8 years ago

nsmith,may I recommend the lock target and mountain protectors,small price to pay to finish off what will be a great looking pin.

#1731 8 years ago

You might want to get a 'missing plastic' from Drano too seeing as your pin is already apart;

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/white-water-missing-plastic-coming-soon

#1732 8 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

I have all the old boulders, previous owner replaced mine with a new set. I'll check at home whether that one is in good shape & let you know.

#1733 8 years ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

I have all the old boulders, previous owner replaced mine with a new set. I'll check at home whether that one is in good shape & let you know.

Thank you very much.

#1734 8 years ago

I saw a fully restored, clear coated one sell for $7k, and there was just a mint condition, looked HUO one for sale for $4900. Both sold. So $3500 is a decent price but probably not as pristine as some around the $5k range (new ramps, flawless playfield, color dmd, etc.)

tony c

#1735 8 years ago

Hey Lovers of WhiteWater!

We just made these over at PinGraffix!

image1_(resized).JPGimage1_(resized).JPG

image2_(resized).JPGimage2_(resized).JPG

#1736 8 years ago

Please post when you have an installed pic.

#1737 8 years ago
Quoted from pinupgirl1975:

image1_(resized).JPG
image2_(resized).JPG

very nice

#1738 8 years ago

fifty

Sorry this took a while here are the plastics I have left and the photos

IMG_5061_(resized).JPGIMG_5061_(resized).JPG

IMG_5062_(resized).JPGIMG_5062_(resized).JPG

IMG_5063_(resized).JPGIMG_5063_(resized).JPG

IMG_5064_(resized).JPGIMG_5064_(resized).JPG

IMG_5065_(resized).JPGIMG_5065_(resized).JPG

IMG_5066_(resized).JPGIMG_5066_(resized).JPG

#1739 8 years ago

Damn, the screw holes are broken off the Lost Mine mountains. That's the one I'm hoping to replace. Thank you very much for taking the pictures, but I'm going to past on it. I'm sure someone here could use it though.

#1740 8 years ago

I'd love to become a member of the club! I'm looking for a project machine that I can take the time and put some work into bringing another game back from the brink.

Let me know what you have or if you know of any leads.

Thanks

#1741 8 years ago

GI lighting issue - problem solved

Thank you all very very much, you guys are the best.

Turns out I had the same issue as Thelaw & Elicash amazing

It was a pinched wire from one of the GI sockets at the very back far right corner, where the mini playfield connects to the main playfield.

Quoted from TheLaw:

Make sure to check all the wires! Check out this short I had just from a little screwing in
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whitewater-club-lifejackets-not-required?tu=thelaw#post-2256757
Another tricky one is a bend piece of metal that can contact the side rails AFTER you lower the game...sneaky.

Quoted from Elicash:

I had this same GI line short out. My issue was a pinched wire under one of the metal posts that support the upper playfield. Was a bitch to find, because it was out of sight in service position. Had to pull the entire PF out of cabinet to access it.
If you cant find the obvious short, make sure to look there!
EDIT: Just looked at TheLaw's link to his short - Sounds like he and I had the exact same issue! Must be somewhat common. Check there.

#1742 8 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Damn, the screw holes are broken off the Lost Mine mountains. That's the one I'm hoping to replace. Thank you very much for taking the pictures, but I'm going to past on it. I'm sure someone here could use it though.

ok, sounds good

#1743 8 years ago
Quoted from pinupgirl1975:

image1_(resized).JPG
image2_(resized).JPG

pinupgirl1975 These look really cool. I would love to see what it looks like on an actual machine. If you don't have a real one you can use mine to model it. Hee hee.

#1744 8 years ago

I came so freaking close to getting the Vacation Planner last night. I had completed everything, make class 6 river (twice) and completed Wet Willies Ranch and all the Whirlpool items. All I had left was locking the 3rd freaking ball. Both lock lights were hit and ready. I just had to shoot in to lock and I would have done it. I drained before I could make the shot. So close! Argh! Someday you will be mine Vacation Planner. Some day.....

#1745 8 years ago
Quoted from Whitewater:

Turns out I had the same issue as Thelaw & Elicash amazing

Man that is pretty crazy. Such an annoying hidden problem. Check another one off the list!

#1746 8 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Take a small plastic washer and glue it on top or bottom. Then take some paint or marker to blend in. This should work. Also, fill in the gap with the glue. Just take a small rolled up piece of paper and insert this in the washer hole and tape around the washer.

#1747 8 years ago

So how many other people have lightning flippers installed? I asked the guy when I bought it if these were standard and he said yes, but it was also set to 5 balls. I set it back to 3 balls and the game has always felt really hard to me, which is great, but I don't want to make it artificially so....

#1748 8 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

If you want to get a touch more in depth, you can do this which was easy and kind of fun

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fix-broken-plastics-yourself

Quoted from thewool:

I asked the guy when I bought it if these were standard and he said yes, but it was also set to 5 balls.

Ha...well that is interesting since you're over there. Possibly standard in Europe, but not 'Merica.

#1749 8 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

So how many other people have lightning flippers installed? I asked the guy when I bought it if these were standard and he said yes, but it was also set to 5 balls. I set it back to 3 balls and the game has always felt really hard to me, which is great, but I don't want to make it artificially so....

I dig the lightning. Even got em on bk2k

#1750 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

If you want to get a touch more in depth, you can do this which was easy and kind of fun
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fix-broken-plastics-yourself

That is how i fixed the plastic ramp under the playfield. Screw hole broke off so i superglued a washer to it and it is as good as new

Ha...well that is interesting since you're over there. Possibly standard in Europe, but not 'Merica.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Indian Land, SC
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Sugarloaf, CO
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 12.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jamestown, NC
$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 7,832 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 157.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whitewater-club-lifejackets-not-required/page/35?hl=acaciolo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.