New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 57710)

WHITEWATER CLUB= Lifejackets not required

By Skypilot

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5,266 posts
  • 479 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 days ago by Lhyrgoif
  • Topic is favorited by 225 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,465 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pop_area1 (resized).jpg
379B8A60-8E0E-4E96-86EA-B67BCC400F62 (resized).jpeg
20201013_184207 (resized).jpg
20201013_184727 (resized).jpg
16025890959781527975109406817687 (resized).jpg
PXL_20201006_182901023 (resized).jpg
920ABFAD-CD4A-48C4-9031-826D8B88FF94 (resized).jpeg
20200518_192741 (resized).jpg
PXL_20200927_221433962 (resized).jpg
FJIMG_20200919_234755 (resized).jpg
FJIMG_20200919_234746 (resized).jpg
FJIMG_20200919_234732 (resized).jpg
20200914_131258 (resized).jpg
DSC_1225 (resized).JPG
DSC_1222 (resized).JPG
DSC_1223 (resized).JPG

There are 5266 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 106.
#1601 4 years ago
Quoted from Mokthemagicman:

Ok so I just got my White Water and I noticed something odd. When I shoot into the Lost Mine for the first time it always shows that already have the "Flash Light" and I gain the Map. So it only takes two shots into the Lost Mine to get the Gold Rush mode? I know this Pin has the Home Roms in it too. I tried to do a factory reset but this still happens if I shut the game off and turn it back on. Any ideas on how to fix this? Is this a Home Rom thing?

The only way I know of to set it so you have to "earn" the flashlight is to put it on Tournament Play. This makes you earn the flashlight both through direct slots to the Lost Mine and on the Bigfoot Hotfoot mode.

#1602 4 years ago
Quoted from PjM:

I like black. I like it on all my games.

image_(resized).jpeg

Happen to have any pics of the front of this? I've been considering doing the black trim on mine but have been having trouble finding good examples of what it would look like.

#1603 4 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

The only way I know of to set it so you have to "earn" the flashlight is to put it on Tournament Play. This makes you earn the flashlight both through direct slots to the Lost Mine and on the Bigfoot Hotfoot mode.

Interesting. Do most people just keep it this way or put it on Tournament Play?

#1604 4 years ago

I just keep it that way. The only reason I knew there was a setting to have to earn all of them is from playing it in a tournament.

#1605 4 years ago

At the moment this is the best picture I have for showing the black

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#1606 4 years ago

Thanks, i do really like the black trim. I'll have to look into getting mine done that way.

#1607 4 years ago

So I have had my White Water for about a week and love it but I noticed that two of the six lights are burned out directly under the Whirlpool area. I will replace them with LED. Are these 555 wedge?

also

Is it easier to remove the ramps and things to get to it, or should I try to go through the bottom? I figure enough people on this forum have already done this so I should ask people who have done it to make it easier if possible.

and...

What type of bulb (not led) does the topper use? I heard most people put bulbs or the foil water effect doesn't work correctly.

Thanks for the help everyone.

-Mok

#1608 4 years ago

Are these 555 wedge?

Yes, i believe they are.

Is it easier to remove the ramps and things to get to it, or should I try to go through the bottom

Through the bottom is much easier unless you're already pulling the ramps for something else.

Sorry, don't know about the topper bulbs off the top of my head...

#1609 4 years ago

Just installed colordmd and blue speaker light kit -- man it really is a great improvement!! I was surprised how cool the speakers look lit up.. Wasn't convinced until I've seen it in person.

#1610 4 years ago

Topper bulbs are something I'd like 596 ? I believe.. I remember reading about it -- oh actually I think it's on the tnt amusements vid on wh2o they tried led but they get burnt out super quick so they ended going back with the original bulb.. He says what kind

#1611 4 years ago

You have to go through the bottom.

Don't screw around with LEDs on the topper

Bulb # 194

#1612 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

You have to go through the bottom.
Don't screw around with LEDs on the topper

I wasn't going to but I was going to buy a few bulbs in case they go out. I will watch the TNT and find out what bulb it is.

#1613 4 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Just installed colordmd and blue speaker light kit -- man it really is a great improvement!! I was surprised how cool the speakers look lit up.. Wasn't convinced until I've seen it in person.

Pics!

#1614 4 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Can you post a pic of the speaker kit? I don't believe I have seen this.

Edit -Yzfguy beat me to it by a few seconds.

#1615 4 years ago

I wasn't going to but I was going to buy a few bulbs in case they go out. I will watch the TNT and find out what bulb it is.

Sorry I edited my post after, they are 194 bulbs.

#1616 4 years ago

Like Thelaw says they are 94s and you should get them at the auto parts store near you.

#1617 4 years ago

I'll get a pic up by tmrw

#1618 4 years ago

So I have had my White Water for about a week and love it but I noticed that two of the six lights are burned out directly under the Whirlpool area. I will replace them with LED. Are these 555 wedge?
also

Yes.
bulb_(resized).jpg

Is it easier to remove the ramps and things to get to it, or should I try to go through the bottom? I figure enough people on this forum have already done this so I should ask people who have done it to make it easier if possible.
and...

Go from the bottom. It's held on by two screws.

What type of bulb (not led) does the topper use? I heard most people put bulbs or the foil water effect doesn't work correctly.
Thanks for the help everyone.
-Mok

#194 you can get them from digikey;
http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/visual-communications-company-vcc/194/CM194-ND/4175854

#1619 4 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Go from the bottom. It's held on by two screws.

Do you have to take the subway off first though? Been so long.

#1620 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Do you have to take the subway off first though? Been so long.

It's easiest is you go from the bottom and remove the subway. The subway is just held on with a couple brackets, nothing major. It's much easier that going through the top and removing multiple ramps.

#1621 4 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

It's easiest is you go from the bottom and remove the subway. The subway is just held on with a couple brackets, nothing major. It's much easier that going through the top and removing multiple ramps.

Agree. The BIG thing is making sure you replace the spacers correctly. I've seen several WH2Os where people screwed up through the top of the playfield because they left out the spacer. Luckily that part of the playfield is largely hidden by the Whirlpool but still.

#1622 4 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

Agree. The BIG thing is making sure you replace the spacers correctly. I've seen several WH2Os where people screwed up through the top of the playfield because they left out the spacer. Luckily that part of the playfield is largely hidden by the Whirlpool but still.

Good to know. I will keep the spacer intact and take pics as I go just in case.

Thanks everyone for all the help. I knew I was asking the right people. You guys rock!

#1623 4 years ago

Don't let the black spacer fall in under big foot either..............

#1624 4 years ago

Its easier to get them at the auto parts store.

#1625 4 years ago

As promised.. pictures. I'm doing the process backwards admittedly.. I picked this up pretty recently and have yet to tear it down and shop it.. hoping to install a pinball bulbs LED kit to night it up nice as well. Not entirely looking forward to the tear-down.. I guess it's not one of the most fun? I thought WCS94 was kind of a pain though with all the ramps as well.. maybe this is similar.

Edit -- the glare from the left side speaker is bad in the camera but not something you really notice in person.. also I think as I mentioned.. I really wasn't convinced of the overall effect until after installing them. It's hard to get a good picture of it.. like most things pinball

IMG_1351_(resized).JPG
IMG_1355_(resized).JPG

IMG_1354_(resized).JPG

#1626 4 years ago

norfolk.craigslist.org link
williams whitewater pinball whirlpool bowl ramp part - $75......Not Mine

#1627 4 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

Its easier to get them at the auto parts store.

In Canada it's not.

#1628 4 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

In Canada it's not.

You guys don't have auto parts stores up there?

#1629 4 years ago

Metric bulbs

#1630 4 years ago

You guys don't have auto parts stores up there?

We have NAPA, and Canadian Tire and a few others. We just don't get the selection you get down in the USA. If you're ever in Canada stop at one of these places or Home Depot or where ever. Each store will have the popular common items, but I guarantee you they will not have that specific screw you are looking for or that specific bulb.

I ordered my #194 through Digikey.ca. the Canadian website. Guess where they shipped from? Thief River Falls MN.

#1631 4 years ago

That just plain sucks moose.

#1632 4 years ago

That just plain sucks moose.

Note to self : American Monkey Balls translate to Canadian Moose, check!

#1633 4 years ago

Still one one fo the simplest best mods available, and I am not into mods.
"Non Pinball Decals" version from the UK.
Part of the whole "missing mountain" concept from the prototypes with a twist.
Integrated functional LEDs with locks.
Color match is spot on if you are using an original or NOS mountain set.
Not sure if the designer has made any more.

whskull3_zps6370ba76_(resized).jpg

#1634 4 years ago

Anyone want to sell there wh2o? I'm in the market, pm me...

#1635 4 years ago

I really like the Skull Mountain mod. How hard is it to install onto the play field? Do you have to remove a bunch of ramps just to be able to get to the screw to attach it?

#1636 4 years ago

I really like the Skull Mountain mod. How hard is it to install onto the play field? Do you have to remove a bunch of ramps just to be able to get to the screw to attach it?

It was really simple. There's just a bracket that attaches to the sign on the upper pf. Aside from some bending to get everything lined up correctly, its really just one screw as best as i recall. You can kind of see it in the attached pic (sorry, dont have a beter one at the moment) .

20151213_212445_(resized).jpg

#1637 4 years ago

Oh, just found a couple that show the bracket a little bit better.

20150313_195410_(resized).jpg

20150313_195425_(resized).jpg

#1638 4 years ago

Got a pic from the players perspective?

Edit
The first one is I suppose!

#1639 4 years ago

Add a fun little river rafting mod on Insanity Falls.

image_(resized).jpg

image_(resized).jpg

#1640 4 years ago

I am looking for a really nice whitewater. I had some leads on a few, but between craigslist scammers and flakey sellers who don't return emails, I think I've given up trying to buy unless it is someone on Pinside. I am putting a wanted ad on pinside now, but figure this thread would be a good place to start.
thanks!

tony c

#1641 4 years ago

Where do we get the "missing mountain" and "skull mountain" ? I cannot recall.

#1642 4 years ago
Quoted from PjM:

Where do we get the "missing mountain" and "skull mountain" ? I cannot recall.

I can't find the missing mountain but the skull mountain I can only find here Very expensive

http://www.pinballdecals.com/PartsByGamePages/WhiteWater_Page.html

#1643 4 years ago

Thanks. Yikes, too much for me.

#1644 4 years ago

Anyone ever have their bigfoot turn clockwise only? I see counter clockwise only is mentioned in the guides as a failed diode. I have a new motor controller board and it does the same thing. Seems like it should be a problem in the board if he turns at all.

#1645 4 years ago

Did you perform the test in diagnostics?

#1646 4 years ago

I can't find the missing mountain but the skull mountain I can only find here Very expensive

That used to be available on ebay for alot less

#1647 4 years ago
Quoted from PjM:

Did you perform the test in diagnostics?

Fixed it. Typo in the manual on page 3-26 pin one and two of j1 need to be swapped.
So for the next guy who searches this problem (if it ever happens again) when control and enable are swapped, bigfoot will only turn clockwise.

#1648 4 years ago

Buy them through eBay. Same with the raft mod.

#1649 4 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Buy them through eBay. Same with the raft mod.

Yeah he is usually almost half that price but is currently out of stock. I contacted him and he said he will have more soon. If that means a week, month or months I don't know.

#1650 4 years ago
Quoted from PjM:

Thanks. Yikes, too much for me.

Contact Judge Dredds on ebay direct as he makes them then Pinball Decals add their mark-up

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 499.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Hero, VT
$ 349.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
There are 5266 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 106.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside