New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 57710)

WHITEWATER CLUB= Lifejackets not required

By Skypilot

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5,266 posts
  • 479 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by Lhyrgoif
  • Topic is favorited by 225 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,465 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pop_area1 (resized).jpg
379B8A60-8E0E-4E96-86EA-B67BCC400F62 (resized).jpeg
20201013_184207 (resized).jpg
20201013_184727 (resized).jpg
16025890959781527975109406817687 (resized).jpg
PXL_20201006_182901023 (resized).jpg
920ABFAD-CD4A-48C4-9031-826D8B88FF94 (resized).jpeg
20200518_192741 (resized).jpg
PXL_20200927_221433962 (resized).jpg
FJIMG_20200919_234755 (resized).jpg
FJIMG_20200919_234746 (resized).jpg
FJIMG_20200919_234732 (resized).jpg
20200914_131258 (resized).jpg
DSC_1225 (resized).JPG
DSC_1222 (resized).JPG
DSC_1223 (resized).JPG

There are 5266 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 106.
#1501 4 years ago

Okay so, I've gotten a little fed up with how much I'm seeing this, and I have to ask; What is the appeal of the white mountain and abominable snow man mods? I think most mods are awesome, but the white mountain mod makes literally 0 sense and just makes the game look super cold. When was the last time someone went white water rafting in freezing cold snow covered mountains? And the abominable snow man... Again, what does Rudolph the Red nosed reindeer have to do with white water rafting? Not to mention everything else still refers to him as Big Foot.

This is just my opinion of course, but I have to admit I really don't like just how many WH2Os are getting these mods and I really hope they're reversible. So for those who do like it, what are the reasons you like it?

#1502 4 years ago
Quoted from mystman12:

Okay so, I've gotten a little fed up with how much I'm seeing this, and I have to ask; What is the appeal of the white mountain and abominable snow man mods? I think most mods are awesome, but the white mountain mod makes literally 0 sense and just makes the game look super cold. When was the last time someone went white water rafting in freezing cold snow covered mountains? And the abominable snow man... Again, what does Rudolph the Red nosed reindeer have to do with white water rafting? Not to mention everything else still refers to him as Big Foot.
This is just my opinion of course, but I have to admit I really don't like just how many WH2Os are getting these mods and I really hope they're reversible. So for those who do like it, what are the reasons you like it?

I thought it was cool when the guy did it as a "one off". It seems like a lot of people have copied that. Not the sort of thing I'd ever do to mine though. I really like the mods, especially with this game, but I don't like anything that sticks out. I like the missing mountain, the Big Foot Spotlight, the bear is fine. The skull mountain is a cool concept but I don't think it's integrated right.

#1503 4 years ago
Quoted from mystman12:

I guess its kind of like seeing one of these:

Do I like it? Not really.

Would I do it to mine? Hell no.

Do I respect it because its an interesting spin on a classic that someone put a lot of effort into (even if it doesn't seem to make a lot of sense to me)? Absolutely.

But, yes, you're both right, the novelty does seem to wear off when there seem to be so many of them floating around out there. Still, to each his own. I'm sure a lot of people would think my WH2O is tacky for having both the skull and missing mountain mods, but I like it.

Edit: wait a sec... I think i may have just accidentally made my first carguement

5671150001_large_(resized).jpg

#1504 4 years ago

Yeah, I understand that some people would like it, definitely a good point about the novelty wearing off though. Like I said my issue isn't that anyone did it, it's that I keep seeing it happen a quite a lot now. To each their own I guess.

Also, I get your point, but I know nothing about cars and have no idea what's actually been done to it in that photo!

#1505 4 years ago

What I can't figure out is that there are no original Bigfoots out there for resale. I figure one of the white-out White Water pin owners out there would want to sell theirs to me.

#1506 4 years ago
Quoted from mystman12:

Also, I get your point, but I know nothing about cars and have no idea what's actually been done to it in that photo!

It's just a quasi pimped out classic camaro. They're surprisingly common, but it usually takes a fair bit of modification to fit those wheels on one.

#1508 4 years ago

I'm not a fan of that shooter rod at all. Even less of a fan because of the 10K price tag.

#1509 4 years ago

Yeah, looks like he has a SS posted for 10k too. I'm guessing for that price they're "better than new."

#1510 4 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

What I can't figure out is that there are no original Bigfoots out there for resale. I figure one of the white-out White Water pin owners out there would want to sell theirs to me.

Do you need the entire assy, or just the head/arms/hair? The head and arms are available at a lot of suppliers, and the hair can be found at most any fabric place. Even the complete assy pops up every now and then.

#1511 4 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

I'm not a fan of that shooter rod at all. Even less of a fan because of the 10K price tag.

I know Brock (aka pinballcustoms) is currently sculpting a new big foot shooter rod from scratch. He sent me this progress pic yesterday and can't wait to see it finished and painted.

20160203091549_(resized).jpg

I know he made his own version of a boulder shooter rod a few weeks ago after I've been razzing him for years

IMG-20160129-WA0020_(resized).jpg

#1512 4 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

Do you need the entire assy, or just the head/arms/hair? The head and arms are available at a lot of suppliers, and the hair can be found at most any fabric place. Even the complete assy pops up every now and then.

I just need the hair. 6 months of searching and waiting to see one for sale and the closest, cheapest match I have been able to find is from cat toys. This is probably the route I'll have to go. Hopefully the cat toys won't be pre-stuff with catnip. I need my cats up on top of things more like I need a hole in my head.

mouse_(resized).jpg

Quoted from mwong168:

I know Brock (aka pinballcustoms) is currently sculpting a new big foot shooter rod from scratch. He sent me this progress pic yesterday and can't wait to see it finished and painted.
20160203091549_(resized).jpg
I know he made his own version of a boulder shooter rod a few weeks ago after I've been razzing him for years
IMG-20160129-WA0020_(resized).jpg

The Bigfoot looks great so far! I've bugged him about a boulder shooter in the past as well. That one looks great compared to the giant $10K snowball on the for sale post.

#1513 4 years ago
Quoted from mystman12:

I've always thought this too. It makes absolutely no sense in relation to the theme of the game.

The one for sale linked a few posts ago may have cost the owner a lot of time and money to do, but in my opinion it is ruined. If I was to put an offer on something like that, it would be half what I would offer for an unmolested example. It would cost a lot of time and money to undo it all!

#1514 4 years ago
Quoted from Gorgonzola:

I've always thought this too. It makes absolutely no sense in relation to the theme of the game.
The one for sale linked a few posts ago may have cost the owner a lot of time and money to do, but in my opinion it is ruined. If I was to put an offer on something like that, it would be half what I would offer for an unmolested example. It would cost a lot of time and money to undo it all!

It would be cheaper to airbrush hard nipples onto all of the characters to simulate cold weather rafting.

#1515 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

It would be cheaper to airbrush hard nipples onto all of the characters to simulate cold weather rafting.

You're absolutely right, you just saved me alot of money!

#1516 4 years ago

Haven't y'all heard? White water rafting during summer months isn't cool or hardcore enough anymore -- winter rafting is the next iteration

Jokes aside I totally get that it makes no sense but I still think it's pretty spectacular looking

#1517 4 years ago

Just a quick update on my sound issue... I decided to go ahead and order new EPROMs for the sound board. I know I didn't have to do this and that there are a few other things I could have tried, but for $20 this was something cheap that I could give a try. I read a few articles about ROM rot and that convinced me to just order the sound chip set. I'll post again if anything improves.

#1518 4 years ago

IMHO... putting the snow topped white mountains and Bumble snow man in WH20, is as goofy as putting the Ferrari alternative translite on the Lamborghini Getaway HSII.

#1519 4 years ago

Well sometimes the snow melts and that in turn fills the lakes and that in turn is a cause for the water to rise and that in turn causes the need for a dam release. Thats when its a good time to go rafting. So the snow does kind of make sense.

#1520 4 years ago

Anyone have links to good shop out photos? I I've collected all the pieces, just need to assemble.
Attach20420_20160206_200416_(resized).jpgAttach20405_20160206_134746_(resized).jpg

#1522 4 years ago

Thanks!

#1523 4 years ago

Finally installed the 'bear' and 'missing mountain' mod on my WH2O. Bear cost me $5USD.

20160207_111709_(resized).jpg

20160207_111719_(resized).jpg

#1524 4 years ago

i am searching for a scan of the cabinet and backbox to reproduce the decals for my wh20? anyone have this ? want to print it on my own thicker film...

thank you

Mike

#1525 4 years ago

Where did you find the missing mountain?

#1526 4 years ago

It's "kind of" the missing mountain.

#1527 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

It's "kind of" the missing mountain.

That's because it's not missing anymore ...

#1528 4 years ago

What if you could pretend that you visited Wet Willie's River Ranch for real?
I bet this would have been the kind of merchandise you would have been able to buy there.
Posters, t-shirts and more!

http://www.redbubble.com/people/tonygraf/works/20913882-welcome-to-wet-willie-s

white_water_poster_mockup_(resized).jpg

#1529 4 years ago

Now that's cool. Loving the merch.

#1530 4 years ago
Quoted from Sciddleybop1980:

Now that's cool. Loving the merch.

Thank you! Glad you like it.

#1531 4 years ago

Anyone else replace Bigfoot Bluff ramp and have an issue with it fitting correctly? Specifically for me, the metal ramp flap did not sit flush where it attaches to upper pf.

I took a dremel with a grinding bit and smoothed down plastic lip under metal flap. Worked great as the area I thinned down is out of site.

Seems these replacement ramps are durable and beautiful, but the durability comes with the price of not so perfect fitting.

#1532 4 years ago

That is exactly what I had to do.

Quoted from Elicash:Anyone else replace Bigfoot Bluff ramp and have an issue with it fitting correctly? Specifically for me, the metal ramp flap did not sit flush where it attaches to upper pf.
I took a dremel with a grinding bit and smoothed down plastic lip under metal flap. Worked great as the area I thinned down is out of site.
Seems these replacement ramps are durable and beautiful, but the durability comes with the price of not so perfect fitting.

#1533 4 years ago
Quoted from Elicash:

Anyone else replace Bigfoot Bluff ramp and have an issue with it fitting correctly? Specifically for me, the metal ramp flap did not sit flush where it attaches to upper pf.

Known issue and should be expected with the thicker repro ramps.

#1534 4 years ago

Hey everyone. Just joined the club. Quick question for you all. A few of my standup target switches are not working and I am guessing I need to replace them.

The blue standup switch (B-12912-10) is available at pinball life but I am having trouble finding the white standup(B-12912-24). Would it work if I used the blue switches in place of the white ones? Hoping this doesn't cause any issues and the only difference is the color.

Thanks in advance!

-Pete

#1535 4 years ago

I have blue ones installed. No issues.

FYI... I emailed Marco last week about the white ones. They will be available in the next couple weeks.

#1536 4 years ago

Ok thanks. I can install a different color one for now.

#1537 4 years ago

I updated some of the Wet Willie┬┤s merch, I didn't like how the blur background looked so I changed it to a kinda sunset orange.

Get it here: http://www.redbubble.com/people/tonygraf/works/20913882-welcome-to-wet-willie-s

wet_willies-poster_(resized).jpg

#1538 4 years ago

Just got my white water Sunday.
I want to rebuild the flippers but to not see any kits for the upper flipper. I noticed the flipper crank and return spring are not the same as the two lower ones. I did not find a part number in the manual. Any idea what the part number is?
I assume rest of the parts are all the same.

Thank you.

#1539 4 years ago
Quoted from Paul1478:

Just got my white water Sunday.
I want to rebuild the flippers but to not see any kits for the upper flipper. I noticed the flipper crank and return spring are not the same as the two lower ones. I did not find a part number in the manual. Any idea what the part number is?
I assume rest of the parts are all the same.
Thank you.

See my post here;
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whitewater-club-lifejackets-not-required/page/30#post-2934173

These are the part numbers for all the flippers.

#1540 4 years ago

Thank you! I did see that but now that I read it carefully I understand it.

#1541 4 years ago

Looking for help with some GI issues. The playfield Center GI is not working(GI behind R-I-V-E-R and also right around the boomerang bend shot). I went into the test mode and it says the wires are WHT - ORN ORN. Followed them to each socket and everything looks good. Reseated the connector at the board as well and still no light.

What would your next step be to trouble shoot this? I have a voltmeter but don't know how to use it to test if there is power getting to the sockets.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Pete

#1542 4 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

Looking for help with some GI issues.

You need to find out if the board is giving power, or if it's a short after the board.

Do this, take out J121 or whatever the Gi string is, and plug it in to J120. Those 2 are connected so it's all the same power source, one is for the GI, and the other is for the backbox I think. So, if you plug in the GI to the other socket, do the lights work? If so, you problem is power on the boards to the pins, if it still doesn't work, we know the problem is after the board.

#1543 4 years ago

Great. I will try that out and get back to you. Thanks!

#1544 4 years ago

My apologies for the selfish Plug, but if one wants to light up their Mountains...either a full strip with controlled brightness, and/or in addition, extensions, Our Matrix system takes just minutes, plugs into the Gi, and can be done for $15-$25.
Our Matrix 12V is in the works, and I also added a couple flasher pads to round out the two in the Mountains...
Very Cool!

http://www.cometpinball.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=1871

Art

#1545 4 years ago

Ok so I swapped J120 with J121. No change. So we know the problem is after the boards. What would you test for next?

#1546 4 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

Ok so I swapped J120 with J121. No change. So we know the problem is after the boards. What would you test for next?

Check this out..you can do it...and shorts suck!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-fix-a-gi-short

#1547 4 years ago

Ok I'll have to do some further inspecting of each of the sockets. Can you help explain what this means from the thread you pointed me to?

"If the "tit" is touching the base in any way, bend it back to resolve the short."

Not following this explanation.

#1548 4 years ago

The "tit" is the part that the wire is soldered to as seen in the pic below. You can bend them easy so make sure it's not bend and touching the lamp itself.

You've really got to look close...make sure all sockets aren't touching anything metal...maybe when you lower the playfield.

Wait, you checked the fuses first right? Always check the fuses first...with your meter.
http://en-us.fluke.com/training/training-library/test-tools/digital-multimeters/how-to-test-for-continuity-with-a-digital-multimeter.html

badlampsocket1_(resized).jpg

#1549 4 years ago

Awesome picture, that makes sense. I will have to check for that.

No I haven't checked the fuses either. Will give that a go as well. Are there specific fuses for the GI?

#1550 4 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

Are there specific fuses for the GI?

You actually want to look in the backbox as many times the list is placed there. If not, get out the old manual and head to 1-37 which is the fuse list. It lists there that White/Orange is fuse 109, a slow blow 5A.
As you can see, even if you've been fixing them for awHile you can forget the correct steps. I always wanted to get "check the fuses" tattooed on my hand. Easyiest things first

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 25.00
$ 499.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Toppers
Full Tilt Pinball LEDs
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 99.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
There are 5266 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 106.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside