IMG_0737 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6165 (resized).png
IMG_1689 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0518 (resized).jpeg
Pic (resized).jpg
IMG_2208 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0487.jpeg
IMG_5767.jpeg

There are 7,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 157.
#1451 8 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Thanks. I'll check it out.
Another issue that has reared it's head on my WH2O has to do with the sound. I'll be playing a regular game and hit a target and the Whirlpool Challenge music will start playing. If I lock a ball or start another mode the music will switch back. It's very random. Sound ROM maybe???

Sounds like a loose/dying opto or maybe a bad diode that is causing an opto to trigger. Maybe the one in the bottom of the whirlpool subway at the entry side?

#1452 8 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

Sounds like a loose/dying opto or maybe a bad diode that is causing an opto to trigger. Maybe the one in the bottom of the whirlpool subway at the entry side?

I don't think it's this. I tested this opto, and checked it with my phone camera. All good. It is completely random making it difficult to troubleshoot.

#1453 8 years ago

Curious as to an opinion.. I just picked up a WH20 in good players condition. The playfield has that sort of slight insert wear/lifting around the rafts and a few other inserts that seems typical for games of this era. I'm wondering if I should just clean it up good, wax, and call it a day or install one of the playfield protectors to stop any further wear on the inserts.

I'd love to drop in a new playfield but just can't justify that cost for something relatively minor. I just want to try to keep wear down but I don't know if it's worth it to drop in the protector and have the feel of the game change a bit or if it's something that I probably don't have to worry about since it won't be on route anyway...

#1454 8 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

it's something that I probably don't have to worry about since it won't be on route anyway...

This, in my opinion.

#1455 8 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Curious as to an opinion.. I just picked up a WH20 in good players condition. The playfield has that sort of slight insert wear/lifting around the rafts and a few other inserts that seems typical for games of this era. I'm wondering if I should just clean it up good, wax, and call it a day or install one of the playfield protectors to stop any further wear on the inserts.
I'd love to drop in a new playfield but just can't justify that cost for something relatively minor. I just want to try to keep wear down but I don't know if it's worth it to drop in the protector and have the feel of the game change a bit or if it's something that I probably don't have to worry about since it won't be on route anyway...

Wax and throw some mylar or the vinyl cling down

#1456 8 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Many will disagree, but I have the playfield protector and love it. Stops the wear, makes the playfield look clearcoated and plays great. I clean it with novus 1.

1 week later
#1457 8 years ago

I brought this up earlier, and created an entirely new thread on the subject (which has 0 views). Hoping some White Water fans here can help me with troubleshooting. This is what is happening;

I've been having an issue with the music on my WH2O. It happens randomly. I have not been able to reproduce it. There are two things happening, but I believe that both things are related to the same problem...

1) Pin is on. Attract sounds are OFF. It will stay quiet for about 10 minutes (give or take) then all of a sudden music begins to play. It's the Whirlpool Challenge music. It comes on and it doesn't ever turn off. It will only stop if I turn off/on the pin or start a game.

2) I'll be playing the pin. Sometimes for 5 minutes, sometimes for 2 hours. All of a sudden the Whirlpool Challenge music will start even if I'm not in that mode. It will continue until another sound effect is triggered, or I drain.

Where do I start?

#1458 8 years ago

Do you have a new PinSound board in it or Williams ?

#1459 8 years ago

Just got the vacation jackpot first time; 1.1 billion score. Freaking awesome game.

#1460 8 years ago
Quoted from PjM:

Do you have a new PinSound board in it or Williams ?

It is a Williams board.

I turned the pin on tonight. It's been on for about 2 hours. The music hasn't started up even once. Like I said, random issue.

#1461 8 years ago

I don;t know & I am not a professional. But personally when I think audio problems I think caps on the audio board.

#1462 8 years ago

Caps look fine. I was talking to a buddy on PRev and he is leaning towards it being a stray data call from the MPU. Which makes sense. The pin is not playing the wrong sounds, it's just playing them at the wrong time. When playing, if I trigger another sound effect the problem will correct itself.

Since it's happening in attract mode with attract sounds set to OFF it seems like something is sneaking off the MPU and triggering the music.

1 week later
#1463 8 years ago

Anyone have a wh2o playfield for sale? Preferably cleared

#1464 8 years ago

I think you can get one from Mirco still.

#1465 8 years ago

Still working on my sound issue, but had another question for you guys.

The upper PF doesn't use a Flipptronic flipper. Can it? Should it?

I want to place an order to rebuild my flippers and would like to know if I can switch it to Flipptronic or if it isn't recommended due to space limitations or some other reason.

Thanks!

#1466 8 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

I want to place an order to rebuild my flippers and would like to know if I can switch it to Flipptronic or if it isn't recommended due to space limitations or some other reason.
Thanks!

Do you mean the upgraded flipper return spring that doesn't use the conical spring? Whitewater is already a fliptronic game. FWIW I would upgrade the spring.

#1467 8 years ago

Anyone looking to exit the club? If so, shoot me a PM

#1468 8 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

Do you mean the upgraded flipper return spring that doesn't use the conical spring? Whitewater is already a fliptronic game. FWIW I would upgrade the spring.

My upper uses a conical spring. In the manual the stock flipper also uses a conical spring.

Can it be upgraded to flipptronic?

#1469 8 years ago

Are you talking aboot using a Fliptonic opto board there?

#1470 8 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Can it be upgraded to flipptronic?

Yes, it can (and probably should) be rebuilt using a normal flipper rebuild kit, the same as the bottom flippers. Not sure why it wouldn't have been this way in the first place.

Edit: maybe not true...

#1471 8 years ago
Quoted from mot:

Yes, it can (and probably should) be rebuilt using a normal flipper rebuild kit, the same as the bottom flippers. Not sure why it wouldn't have been this way in the first place.

Its bc there is no room under there and the metal piece needed for the traditional spring can cause issues hitting the metal guide .Best to stick with what the manual calls for .

#1472 8 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Thanks!

Its fliptronic but it just uses the different spring bc of the lack of room . The wpc style spring can be used but its very very tight and can hit the metal guide causing a issue. I would stick with what it calls for to avoid any possible issues.

#1473 8 years ago

Huh...I'll have to look at some pics of mine...didn't remember a conical spring in there...but haven't been under there in awhile.

#1474 8 years ago

Page 82 of the manual. The upper is listed as an electronic flipper, not Flipptronic. It uses a tapered conical spring (p/n: 10-376). Looks like it uses the crank link assembly still.

page82_(resized).pngpage82_(resized).png

#1475 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Huh...I'll have to look at some pics of mine...didn't remember a conical spring in there...but haven't been under there in awhile.

Same here. As much use as that flipper gets, I would try to figure out a way to remove that conical spring. They chew through links with a lot of use.

#1476 8 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

Same here. As much use as that flipper gets, I would try to figure out a way to remove that conical spring. They chew through links with a lot of use.

I can't imagine there isn't enough room down there for a standard flipper like the rest of the game uses....that's loco!

#1477 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I can't imagine there isn't enough room down there for a standard flipper like the rest of the game uses....that's loco!

It may take some 'Creative' engineering' for sure. I have been under the hood for a while.

#1478 8 years ago

Terry at pinballlife sells the whole assembly for the upper. Just pop out the old and in with the new, snappy flipper.

#1479 8 years ago

Judge Dredds pinball mountain led strip installed. Looks great and brightens those mountains up nicely

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#1480 8 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Terry at pinballlife sells the whole assembly for the upper. Just pop out the old and in with the new, snappy flipper.

I can buy the plunger and link for $6. The rest of it is fine.

#1481 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

The modern flipper assembly does fit. You just have to be careful with the alignment so that it doesn't catch on the metal ball guide below. See my post below from a previous thread for info and a photo of what to look out for:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/reason-for-wrong-flipper-parts-on-wh20#post-2600607

#1482 8 years ago
Quoted from Sciddleybop1980:

Judge Dredds pinball mountain led strip installed. Looks great and brightens those mountains up nicely

image_(resized).jpeg

I dont know why anyone would give £20 for this?
Whats the difference between this and a led strip?

#1483 8 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

I don't know the difference, but here is a picture with just a yellow LED-strip

WH2O_PF-LEDstrip_(resized).JPGWH2O_PF-LEDstrip_(resized).JPG

And one without overhead lights nor flash.

WH20_DIM_(resized).JPGWH20_DIM_(resized).JPG

#1484 8 years ago
Quoted from Gorgonzola:

The modern flipper assembly does fit. You just have to be careful with the alignment so that it doesn't catch on the metal ball guide below. See my post below from a previous thread for info and a photo of what to look out for:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/reason-for-wrong-flipper-parts-on-wh20#post-2600607

Thanks. I favorited that thread as I'm just about to redo the flippers on mine.

#1485 8 years ago

Anyone have side decals installed or mirror blades? Wondering what it looks like with either one.

#1486 8 years ago

Mirror blades are incredible with this GI. Best mod IMO

#1487 8 years ago

Anyone have the missing mountain MOD for sale? I emailed the two sites that used to carry them and no response.

Wh20 is an awesome game

#1488 8 years ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:

Anyone have the missing mountain MOD for sale? I emailed the two sites that used to carry them and no response.
Wh20 is an awesome game

I think areneas here makes them still. Red river outfitter stopped years ago. Pretty sure I ended up with his last one.

#1489 8 years ago

Also looking for a missing mountain mod

#1490 8 years ago

Cheese_WizardPQ

Man that blue trim package is the BOMB! That's looks beautiful! Is that painted or powder coated?

#1491 8 years ago

I made the missing mountain mod. Don't have any available at the moment but will try to make time in a few weeks.
Pm / email me and I'll get back to you when I have some..

#1492 8 years ago

Dang it you all are making me miss my wh20 . I never have re bought a pin after owning and selling but wh20 might be the first lol.

#1493 8 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

Not sure what you mean. This is an LED strip. I wouldn't pay £20 either. It was free.

#1495 8 years ago
Quoted from Sciddleybop1980:

Not sure what you mean. This is an LED strip. I wouldn't pay £20 either. It was free.

Link to free LEDs please!

#1496 8 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

Cheese_WizardPQ
Man that blue trim package is the BOMB! That's looks beautiful! Is that painted or powder coated?

powdercoated. The blue plunger rail is a must on this game.

#1497 8 years ago

Thanks for posting pics wizard -- it does look good with the mirrors and I concur about the powder coating as well

#1498 8 years ago
Quoted from Cheese_WizardPQ:

Mirror blades are incredible with this GI. Best mod IMO

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

I like how you have your bear mounted. Care to share on how you did this?

#1499 8 years ago

#1500 8 years ago

Nice! Thanks for the great zoomed in pic!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Boards
Slap Save Creations
Boards
There are 7,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 157.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whitewater-club-lifejackets-not-required/page/30 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.