Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240421_120327 (resized).jpg
20240421_120348 (resized).jpg
IMG_1106 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7186 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
White Water 12-7043 Wire.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_7687 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7686 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7694 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7678 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0736 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0732 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0737 (resized).jpeg
There are 7,832 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 157.
#101 10 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

Here's my White Water. I'm still working on getting things just right.

The chrome looks great.

#102 10 years ago

Get the extra ball, ya weiner!

#103 10 years ago

My WH20, just getting started on mods added colour Dmd first off very happy with the product.

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#104 10 years ago

Picked up a HEP WH2O from a pinsider earlier this year. Has quickly become one if my all time favorites.

Gotta love iphone photos

#106 10 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Picked up a HEP WH2O from a pinsider earlier this year. Has quickly become one if my all time favorites.
Gotta love iphone photos

Would love to know what you paid for it. Whitewater is one of the more expensive pins to restore.

#107 10 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Gotta love iphone photos

Where are the pics? I'd love to see it.

#108 10 years ago

the stand up targets for multiball capture keep breaking (the green ones) especially the left. I have the right coils in there and I have heard from many this is a problem. Who knows where to order the BEST non breakable (if there is such a thing) replacements? I am assuming the whole stand up target has to be replaced as the rectangular green plastic piece is just riveted on Cheers

#109 10 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Who knows where to order the BEST non breakable (if there is such a thing) replacements?

Put these in a few weeks back. They are built solid and work great:
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1693

#110 10 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Would love to know what you paid for it. Whitewater is one of the more expensive pins to restore.

Yes it is!

#111 10 years ago

If anyone local is interested in trading your WhiteWater for my Creech, shoot me a PM.

I am in the tire kickin stage and think WH2O could be a good title to grab for my collection to replace Creech???

#112 10 years ago

Great read! Keep um coming, pic too

#113 10 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

Where are the pics? I'd love to see it.

Tried to upload a couple iphone pics but they always get screwed up. Here's a link to the pin from Chris's site.

http://christopherhutchins.com/gallery/album362

#114 10 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

I bought it off the person who had HEP restore it. It wasnt cheap but worth every penny.

#115 10 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

I bought it off the person who had HEP restore it. It wasnt cheap but worth every penny.

<~~~~Jealous

Very nice indeed!

#116 10 years ago

My friend linked me to this the other day. I only knew some of this before.

White Water, Williams 1993

Cow 1: During Attract mode, with no credits, press the following sequence:
3L, 1S, 15R, 1S, 23L, 1S. This also gives a DOHO on the saw blade.

Cow 2: During Bigfoot Hotfoot, the fifth item in Bigfoot´s Cave is a cow.

Cow 3: When the cow in Bigfoot´s Cave has been collected, getting the Mystery Canyon as a Whirlpool Award will show a picture of the Spirit pulling a string on the legless cow. A loud "moo" is heard.
This picture can also be seen very briefly in the Vacation Bonus award.

Cow 4: When you shoot "Disaster Drop" there's a display effect where you see a splash of water coming at you. At the end of the effect, when the water splashes, there it is: in the lower left corner of the display.
You have to look very carefully because you can only see it in a fraction of a second.

On the backglass, the man with the surprised look on his face is artist John Youssi.

The yeti is based on designer Dennis Nordman, he even has the photos where he modeled for it.

http://hem.bredband.net/b257182/Cows&Easter.htm#W

#117 10 years ago

Also, if you have the L-5 commercial rom and you like to use the "auto-replay %" feature to configure your replays (this feature uses the scores from your last 50 games to determine the score you need for a replay), then here is how you get this feature to work in "free play" mode.

1) Put the game in COIN-OP mode.

2) Set your replay percent to whatever your preference (I like 5%).

3) Play 50 games in coin-op mode until the auto-replay % kicks in. This is a little bit of a pain but not too bad. You can either feed it quarters or open up the door and add credits (it's also fun to use the replay boost feature in coin-op mode).

4) Once the auto-replay % feature has kicked in in coin-op mode (you'll see the replay go from 90,000,000 to some other number, depending on your scores), THEN switch the game over to "Free Play"mode.

5) From there on out the auto-replay % feature will work, so your replay amount will change every 50 games, even though you're in freeplay.

**If you don't do this and try to put the game in "auto-replay %" mode then the replay will always remain at 90,000, or whatever static value you set it at, no matter how many games you play.

#118 10 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

My friend linked me to this the other day. I only knew some of this before.
White Water, Williams 1993
Cow 1: During Attract mode, with no credits, press the following sequence:
3L, 1S, 15R, 1S, 23L, 1S. This also gives a DOHO on the saw blade.
Cow 2: During Bigfoot Hotfoot, the fifth item in Bigfoot´s Cave is a cow.
Cow 3: When the cow in Bigfoot´s Cave has been collected, getting the Mystery Canyon as a Whirlpool Award will show a picture of the Spirit pulling a string on the legless cow. A loud "moo" is heard.
This picture can also be seen very briefly in the Vacation Bonus award.
Cow 4: When you shoot "Disaster Drop" there's a display effect where you see a splash of water coming at you. At the end of the effect, when the water splashes, there it is: in the lower left corner of the display.
You have to look very carefully because you can only see it in a fraction of a second.
On the backglass, the man with the surprised look on his face is artist John Youssi.
The yeti is based on designer Dennis Nordman, he even has the photos where he modeled for it.
http://hem.bredband.net/b257182/Cows&Easter.htm#W

Cool, anyone have the yeti modeling pics?

#120 10 years ago

Cool stuff! I ordered both of those magazines, they look really high quality.

I wonder if there's any progress on that repro topper? I still haven't even opened my shipping box. I wish I would have waited to see some video... I should have known something was up when they couldn't get them on a plane, and didn't get videos posted in the timeframe they promised.

#121 10 years ago

Now that is cool!

#122 10 years ago

That's awesome

#123 10 years ago

Almost lost the thread

imagesCAK6TIC7.jpgimagesCAK6TIC7.jpg

#124 10 years ago

Here's another tidbit of info:

My Bigfoot fur had seperated at the hands. I did some internet research and it was pretty inconclusive as to what type of glue would work. Brian Kelly recommended contact cement, which is probably the best permanent solution but the permanentness of it, along with the fact that I'm not very versed in using contact cement, lead me to look for something else.

So, I was in Target and found this Loctite "Vinyl, Fabric and Plastic Flexible Adhesive". I put it on Tuesday, let it cure for 24 hours and so far its been holding up great. Dries clear too. I'll let people know how it holds up in the long run.

Loctite_(Vinyl_Fabric_Plastic_Flexible.pngLoctite_(Vinyl_Fabric_Plastic_Flexible.png

#125 10 years ago

I'd be interested. My yeti looks like its wearing a toupee

#126 10 years ago

Those modeling photos and sketches look pretty cool.

#127 10 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

Cool, anyone have the yeti modeling pics?

They are in Pinball Magazine No. 2 as well (page 63), with courtesy of (and thanks to) John Youssi who send in hi-res versions of these.

1 week later
#128 10 years ago

I copied this idea from someone who I had seen add this to the waterfall topper a number of years ago.

DSCN4666.JPGDSCN4666.JPG

#129 10 years ago

I'd love to have a FT next to my Wh20! Nice topper!

#130 10 years ago

Just added the raft mod and the vuk protector,but the edge of the protector is about 3 mm short of the ramp and creates ball hang ups on some plunges.Anyone else had this trouble?

#131 10 years ago
Quoted from chalkup8:

Just added the raft mod and the vuk protector,but the edge of the protector is about 3 mm short of the ramp and creates ball hang ups on some plunges.Anyone else had this trouble?

You have to slide the protector forward. It's slotted so that you can do this. It can be pretty challenging to get it just right so that there are no hangups. You may have to use washers or other metheds to get it to work just right. You might try to adjust it without a teardown of the section but you're probably going to have to remove the ramps, etc. in that area to dial it in.

Making sure your game is properly LEVELED can really help too. My White Waters were both very sensitive to leveling issues. Not having it levled right causes all sorts of weird stuff (ball taking too long in the whirlpool, more hangups at the VUK, balls getting caught up in insanity falls ramp, etc.)

#132 10 years ago
Quoted from blimpey:

I copied this idea from someone who I had seen add this to the waterfall topper a number of years ago.

Is that a Harry and the hendersons Bigfoot ? Looks great

#133 10 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

You have to have the set, it is like having a PZ without a DD.

#134 10 years ago

Agreed

image.jpgimage.jpg

#135 10 years ago

Agreed

fishtales_004.jpgfishtales_004.jpg

#136 10 years ago

me too! 2011-01-26_06-03-28_718.jpg2011-01-26_06-03-28_718.jpg

#137 10 years ago

Love it , like having twins.

#138 10 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Is that a Harry and the hendersons Bigfoot ? Looks great

Yes, it is. I bought it on eBay about 6 years ago.

#139 10 years ago

WHITE WATER is my first pin.
I bought it for 200,000 yen(about $2,000) a few days ago.
I was able to buy it for low price. However, the state of the product is not good.
Please look at second picture. I feel a bit depressed.

#140 10 years ago

picture

65412.jpg65412.jpg 212.jpg212.jpg

#141 10 years ago
Quoted from doro-mini:

Please look at second picture

No need to be depressed. It can be a great pin and there are plenty of pinheads here who will help guide you along.

EDIT,:that looks like a great example of WH2O

#142 10 years ago

Those boulders are an easy fix

#144 10 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Those boulders are an easy fix

And a very cheap upgrade considering what you purchased the machine for.

I've seen way worse WH2Os. Way, way worse.

#147 10 years ago

Thank you.

I'm a kind of person who think too much. I love my pin!
It did not know selling even the part of decoration.
Shipping is expensive, but I would want to buy.Ice Mountain is also beautiful.

#148 10 years ago

Yeah doro-mini that looks good. For the steal you got that game for you can get the nice $200 boulders and not feel bad at all. The original boulders are often shot.

By the way, WH2O crew, I got my initials up on two of the White Waters at PAPA. One was the hard one with the wonky kickout and the rubbers removed from the outlane posts. I was soooo close to Rivermaster.

#149 10 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

got my initials up on two of the White Waters

Nice job!

#150 10 years ago

Well, I'd like to join the club. I've had my White Water since 2004...it's the first pin I ever bought and the last I'll sell, and frankly it's the best pinball ever made. In 2005 I had the game of my life and hit the Vacation Planner. That's got to be the most beautiful light show in pinball. Mine was a German re-import that was "shopped" but has had a lot of problems, now including the Williams flipper reset issue. I bought it off eBay because back then I was inexperienced at buying pins. At least it was only $1800 with free shipping.

I'm about to do a restore on it. Hopefully I'll fix the reset issue once and for all. I also have some cool mods in mind that I haven't seen done anywhere else...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Sugarloaf, CO
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

7,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Montpelier, VA
$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,832 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 157.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whitewater-club-lifejackets-not-required/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.