• 630 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by MiniPinHead
  • Topic is favorited by 297 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
White Water 12-7043 Wire.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_7687 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7686 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7694 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7678 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0736 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0732 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0737 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6165 (resized).png
IMG_1689 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0518 (resized).jpeg
Pic (resized).jpg
IMG_2208 (resized).jpeg
There are 7,815 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 157.
#1401 8 years ago
Quoted from Sciddleybop1980:

Archytas. Looks like we got our WH20'sat the same time.
I've already stripped mine down and plan on sticking a few pics up in the shop logs thread in pinball info in the next couple of days.
It's not too bad to strip compared to some I've done. It's all ramps. Once they're off the playfields bare!!! Took me about 3 hours to get to this state and I was slow

That's good to know, nice to see another UK based pinsider with one as well! (Don't suppose you use pinball info? I'm more active on there, same username but spelt Archyta5 instead) You've probably gone a bit further than I plan to but good to know it isn't too bad to strip. I've got everything I need to get going it's just getting round to it now Thanks for the advice everyone.

#1402 8 years ago

Pssssssst. It is I. Spandangler

#1403 8 years ago
Quoted from Sciddleybop1980:

Pssssssst. It is I. Spandangler

Ahhh, good to know. I generally stick to the same name/similar on different forums. Makes it less confusing

#1404 8 years ago

Guys - need a little help. Can anyone tell me the size and type of screws that hold the upper boulder in place on the metal posts? The boulder right above the 'light hotfoot' white targets? My game seems to have the wrong ones, also some odd-sized washers.

I am trying to install the pinbits boulder protector and it is not fitting. That is when I noticed I have some odd machine screws of differing sizes.

#1405 8 years ago
Quoted from Elicash:

Guys - need a little help. Can anyone tell me the size and type of screws that hold the upper boulder in place on the metal posts? The boulder right above the 'light hotfoot' white targets? My game seems to have the wrong ones, also some odd-sized washers.
I am trying to install the pinbits boulder protector and it is not fitting. That is when I noticed I have some odd machine screws of differing sizes.

I'm not 100% sure on the length but this is the correct type
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/4006-01027-06

Machine Screw 6-32 x 3/8" p-rwh

#4006-01027-06

Machine Screw 6-32 x 3/8 inch long phillips with round washer used in Williams / Bally pinball machines. head and incorporated washer.

Reference:
•4006-01027-06
•Equivalent 4006-01005-06

#1406 8 years ago

^Washers are built into these screws.

1 week later
#1407 8 years ago

Hello, I am new to the club as of a few weeks ago and love this game! I have one question I haven't found by searching so far - is it typical for Bigfoot's head hair to be flat pressing against the glass?

IMG_3749.jpgIMG_3749.jpg

It isn't affecting game play at all. But I just feel a bit bad for him, or maybe he just has a big head.

#1408 8 years ago

Reason I'm asking is that he needs some left arm work done (it appears...to be amputated). I'm wondering if there is a way to lower him and/or fluff his hair a bit at the same time.

#1409 8 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

Reason I'm asking is that he needs some left arm work done (it appears...to be amputated). I'm wondering if there is a way to lower him and/or fluff his hair a bit at the same time.

It should not be hitting. Check if the set screw on the back of his head/neck is going into the head or under the head.

#1410 8 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

Hello, I am new to the club as of a few weeks ago and love this game! I have one question I haven't found by searching so far - is it typical for Bigfoot's head hair to be flat pressing against the glass?
IMG_3749.jpg
It isn't affecting game play at all. But I just feel a bit bad for him, or maybe he just has a big head.

Something is wrong there. Check to see if he is down all the way.

#1411 8 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

Not normal. I keep meaning to post a tutorial on the arm fur and the paint on Bigfoot's chin. My armfur was detached as well, but when I glued it back I found that the chin would rub against the arm fur when his head sput and that wore down the pain on Bigfoot's chin. So I came up with a way to prevent that from happening and I also have some good info on repainting the chin, which is more tricky than you might think.

#1412 8 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

IMG_3749.jpg

If the head in on correctly, then I suspect your entire upper playfield is sitting too high.

#1413 8 years ago

I'm still looking for a bigfoot head with fur attached. If anyone has one please PM me.

#1414 8 years ago

Thanks for the tips/help/advice.

Quoted from judremy:

It should not be hitting. Check if the set screw on the back of his head/neck is going into the head or under the head.

I took off his head to check the screw and it appears to be in the correct spot.

Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

Not normal. I keep meaning to post a tutorial on the arm fur and the paint on Bigfoot's chin. My armfur was detached as well, but when I glued it back I found that the chin would rub against the arm fur when his head sput and that wore down the pain on Bigfoot's chin. So I came up with a way to prevent that from happening and I also have some good info on repainting the chin, which is more tricky than you might think.

Would love to see the tutorial, it would definitely be helpful when I reattach his limb.

Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

If the head is on correctly, then I suspect your entire upper playfield is sitting too high.

Thanks for the tip. I'll see if I can lower it a bit (or lower just Bigfoot a bit, not sure how he is attached) when I clean it up and make some lighting changes. Having too much fun playing it right now to mess with it too much!

#1415 8 years ago

I'm currently midway through shopping out my wh20. Whilst cleaning some bits last night I noticed the stanchions which raise the upper playfield which are threaded at either end have different length threads each end If your stanchions are not in correctly, then theoretically your upper pf could sit about 10mm higher than it should, hence pushing Bigfoot into the glass!!

Just a thought but worth a look

Good luck

#1416 8 years ago

Jam_Burglar does glue hold the fur on well? I have been considering sewing it on but will likely try glue first.

#1417 8 years ago

Had a great game on White Water tonight ... 1.16B. Burned through all bolders twice, including 5x playfield (both times I scored very little), WW multiball twice, earned class 6 river for first time without having get it as an award and made first Vacation Jackpot (200M). I'm on top of the world!!

#1418 8 years ago

I had good luck with this fabric glue from locktite.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Loctite-1-fl-oz-Vinyl-Fabric-and-Plastic-Adhesive-1360694/202487188

Used it to glue fur back onto back of his head and his hand. I defer to Jamburglar though. He is expert on all things WH20.

#1419 8 years ago
Quoted from Elicash:

I had good luck with this fabric glue from locktite.
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Loctite-1-fl-oz-Vinyl-Fabric-and-Plastic-Adhesive-1360694/202487188
Used it to glue fur back onto back of his head and his hand. I defer to Jamburglar though. He is expert on all things WH20.

Yes, this is the stuff to use and it holds great. My problem was that once I glued the arm-fur to the hands there was more friction when Bigfoot's chin hit the fur when his head spun and that started wearing off the paint on his chin.

To remedy this you need to add a spacer to the black rubber stopper below Bigfoot so that the log comes to rest a little further out from Bigfoot's body. With the Bigfoot in his default resting position pull the log back away from his body and look straight down. You'll see the armiture that moves his hands/the log and a black rubber stopper where that armiture rests when Bigfoot is in his resting position. What I did was take a mini-post ring (like so http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=35) and cut it in half with a razor blade. I attached that to the existing rubber stopper with a piece of double-sided foam tape. Now the log comes to rest just far enough out from Bigfoot's body so that his head turning does not rub up against the arm fur. The main thing you need to be careful about is making sure you don't extend the stopper too much. Bigfoot's log will now rest at a little bit more of an angle and a little further out but this will not affect game play if you get the distance correct. Visually, the change is virtually unnoticeable.

#1420 8 years ago

Where do you get new fur? Any fabric craft shop?

#1421 8 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Where do you get new fur? Any fabric craft shop?

It's a little known fact but Bigfoot's fur is made of actual trimmings from Dennis Nordman's beard. This is what gives it such an extraordinarily soft and full texture. I'm sure you can PM him and he'll send over clippings for your project.

#1422 8 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

It's a little known fact but Bigfoot's fur is made of actual trimmings from Dennis Nordman's beard. This is what gives it such an extraordinarily soft and full texture. I'm sure you can PM him and he'll send over clippings for your project.

Does he support both standard and Bumble versions of Big Foot?

Bumble.jpgBumble.jpg

#1423 8 years ago

How about a Hat and Glove for Big Foot, if hes going a little bald?

Michael Jackson version!

bigfoot.jpgbigfoot.jpg

#1424 8 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Does he support both standard and Bumble versions of Big Foot?

He might be like the rest of us and getting closer to Bumble. Sorry Dennis

#1425 8 years ago

I am trying to get a list around of items I'll need for cleaning up my playfield, ramps, a bit of surgical work on Bigfoot and changing the inserts to LEDs. Nothing is in too bad of shape, just needs cleaned up. I think ramp cleaning was covered earlier in this thread. I am pretty new to this - any recommendations on what I should use for the playfield (or other general advice)?

#1426 8 years ago

Anyone know of a site to get the missing mountain from?

#1427 8 years ago

Rejoining the club, missed the game when I sold it so in comes another!

image.jpegimage.jpeg

#1428 8 years ago
Quoted from nasco62:

Welcome back! Show us pics when its all set-up!

#1429 8 years ago
Quoted from nasco62:

image.jpeg

I did the same thing... Going back for a second time on a game is the real litmus test.

1 week later
#1430 8 years ago

does anyone have black legs on their WH2O? or seen one with black legs? Just wondering what it would look like.

#1431 8 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

does anyone have black legs on their WH2O? or seen one with black legs? Just wondering what it would look like.

I got mine with black legs. For a while, I didn't know that they weren't correct as it was my first pinball machine when I got into the scene. Had not played pinball for years.

Please note the pictures below are when I first got the machine (I also had just moved into the house five months before this).

IMG_5599.JPGIMG_5599.JPG
IMG_4893.JPGIMG_4893.JPG
IMG_5600.JPGIMG_5600.JPG

#1432 8 years ago

Two questions for you guys about White Water gameplay.

1) When I start Whirlpool Challenge, it makes sense to me that the Whirlpool light should be lit, but it isn't.
2) When I start Multiball, it makes sense to me that the Insanity Falls light should be lit, but it isn't.

I'm talking about the two lights in the upper PF sign.

Are either of these supposed to light when these modes are active?

#1433 8 years ago

anyone looking to sell a WH20? Finally got the funds to pick one up!

#1434 8 years ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

Theres a thread for "missing mountain" perhaps a search.

If not, I believe I have an extra, but reach me a week from now, if youd like...still crazy here with orders.

Art

#1435 8 years ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

I made them. My site is www.flippers.be and here on the forum there's also a thread about them.
Don't have any available at the moment, probably in january I'll have time to make some more.

#1436 8 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Two questions for you guys about White Water gameplay.
1) When I start Whirlpool Challenge, it makes sense to me that the Whirlpool light should be lit, but it isn't.
2) When I start Multiball, it makes sense to me that the Insanity Falls light should be lit, but it isn't.
I'm talking about the two lights in the upper PF sign.
Are either of these supposed to light when these modes are active?

So based off a PAPA video, neither of these lights are active in either mode. Seems odd to me, but whatever.

New question, I was playing last night and I noticed the Whirlpool Challenge sound bleeding into the regular music. Whirlpool Challenge was already completed and I was just playing normally when the sound switched back to the Whirlpool Challenge music. It corrected itself soon afterwards but I was wondering what causes this. Any ideas?

#1437 8 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Well the Jackpot already has it's own light on the upper playfield, so it is lit in multiball
I bleiev the whirpool itself is only lit during that mode

#1438 8 years ago

The lights surrounding the whirlpool flash when the whirlpool mode starts and then each ball you get in there lights one.

2 weeks later
#1439 8 years ago

2015-11-28_16.52.01_(resized).jpg2015-11-28_16.52.01_(resized).jpg

#1440 8 years ago

Wow, most impressive. Is that a sticker/decal or hand painted?

#1441 8 years ago

I'm really digging the blue (Powder coated?) coin door on that WH20.

However, I would have painted / powder coated, the 2 black bolts at top, and what are the 3 smaller bolts, in the lower left bottom?

Kerry

#1442 8 years ago

Just finished shopping mine. I'm not normally a mod kinda guy however Judge Dredds pinball skull mountain and raft mods are too cool not to add. They fit seamlessly and installed in less than 20 mins!
Finally got to play it for the first time last week since buying it back in October. Man it's hard. Had to adjust the lost mine kick out as 95% off The time it ejected into gap between the flipper and the lane guide and subsequently bounced straight down the left outlane. To cure it i zip stripped the coil tight against the bracket, this has dulled down the power a bit taking some of the pace off the ball.

A few other teething problems along the way but it's A1 now and in loving it.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#1443 8 years ago

Does anyone have the bear mod? I bought the bear locally for under $20. I just need to fabricate a bracket and mount it now. I want to see what the bracket looks like underneath. Please post or PM me with a pic. Thanks very much!

#1444 8 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Does anyone have the bear mod? I bought the bear locally for under $20. I just need to fabricate a bracket and mount it now. I want to see what the bracket looks like underneath. Please post or PM me with a pic. Thanks very much!

I went to Micheal's (where I bought the bear) and picked up a metal offset bracket (like so http://www.michaels.com/10418197.html ) (I can't remember the exact height I bought). Attach one end of that bracket to the Spine Chiller ramp gate bracket (right side). Attach the other end of the bracket to the bear (I put a small woodscrew through the bear's foot). Then, for good measure, take some double-sided foam tape, cut out a piece the size of the bear's rear foot, and then stick the rear foot to the flat top of the Spine Chiller gate bracket. Mine has been going strong like this for years.

#1445 8 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Does anyone have the bear mod?

What's the bear mod? LOVE this game. Have owned for a year and still haven't beat it.

#1446 8 years ago
Quoted from seshpilot:

What's the bear mod? LOVE this game. Have owned for a year and still haven't beat it.

http://www.pinballdecals.com/WH20_BearPage.html

Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

I went to Micheal's (where I bought the bear) and picked up a metal offset bracket (like so http://www.michaels.com/10418197.html ) (I can't remember the exact height I bought). Attach one end of that bracket to the Spine Chiller ramp gate bracket (right side). Attach the other end of the bracket to the bear (I put a small woodscrew through the bear's foot). Then, for good measure, take some double-sided foam tape, cut out a piece the size of the bear's rear foot, and then stick the rear foot to the flat top of the Spine Chiller gate bracket. Mine has been going strong like this for years.

Thanks for the link. Michael's up in Canada is night and day when compared to the USA. It's more of a craft store up here with a framing section, but at least I know what to look for now.

Wouldn't be the left side of the Spine Chiller ramp (from player's perspective)? Which foot did you put the screw into? I'm guessing the rear most foot, but if your's is still going strong I would like to duplicate what you have exactly.

#1447 8 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Wouldn't be the left side of the Spine Chiller ramp (from player's perspective)? Which foot did you put the screw into? I'm guessing the rear most foot, but if your's is still going strong I would like to duplicate what you have exactly.

Pictures of my machine are on page 2 of this thread and you can check out how I have it set up there. I have my bear set so he's kind of looking over the No Way Out lane.

#1448 8 years ago

I got one of them bears laying around I need to get rid of

#1449 8 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

Pictures of my machine are on page 2 of this thread and you can check out how I have it set up there. I have my bear set so he's kind of looking over the No Way Out lane.

Thanks. I'll check it out.

Another issue that has reared it's head on my WH2O has to do with the sound. I'll be playing a regular game and hit a target and the Whirlpool Challenge music will start playing. If I lock a ball or start another mode the music will switch back. It's very random. Sound ROM maybe???

#1450 8 years ago

I attached the bear using some black zip ties on the existing bracket. Makes it easy to remove or reposition.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Montpelier, VA
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Indian Land, SC
$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Sugarloaf, CO
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Fort Worth, TX
$ 12.95
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,815 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 157.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whitewater-club-lifejackets-not-required/page/29 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.