New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 57710)

WHITEWATER CLUB= Lifejackets not required

By Skypilot

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5,271 posts
  • 479 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by arcadenerd925
  • Topic is favorited by 225 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,467 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20201029_121252 (resized).jpg
20201029_121031 (resized).jpg
pop_area1 (resized).jpg
379B8A60-8E0E-4E96-86EA-B67BCC400F62 (resized).jpeg
20201013_184207 (resized).jpg
20201013_184727 (resized).jpg
16025890959781527975109406817687 (resized).jpg
PXL_20201006_182901023 (resized).jpg
920ABFAD-CD4A-48C4-9031-826D8B88FF94 (resized).jpeg
20200518_192741 (resized).jpg
PXL_20200927_221433962 (resized).jpg
FJIMG_20200919_234755 (resized).jpg
FJIMG_20200919_234746 (resized).jpg
FJIMG_20200919_234732 (resized).jpg
20200914_131258 (resized).jpg
DSC_1225 (resized).JPG

There are 5271 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 106.
#1301 5 years ago

Understood..... (sigh)

#1302 5 years ago

@gac: my buddy would trade his congo towards a white water if you're interested. Lives in Buffalo

#1303 5 years ago

Hi Blackbeard - Unfortunately, I'm not ready to part with my Whitewater. Probably never will. I love the game and understand why he wants one. Thanks for trying to make the connection though!

#1304 5 years ago

Does anyone have an LED count handy for WH2O? I'm looking for GI, Flashers, and Inserts (preferably with the colour of the insert). Backbox would be a bonus.

Thank you!

Tim

[EDIT] Found it on page 3 of this thread (or thereabouts).

[EDIT2] BTW, my wife pointed out this little fact to me; With the exception of the woman in the bikini, every person on the translite including the dog is wearing a life jacket.

#1305 5 years ago

Has anyone tried Art's LED rings under the pop bumper boulders? I was thinking of giving this a try.

#1306 5 years ago

Hi everyone, I am new to the club, got my whitewater about 2 weeks ago.

I am having a strange problem that I am not sure how to diagnose, so I figured I would see if anyone here has encountered this before. If I lock a ball, and then activate both the left and right flippers while the VUK is kicking the ball to the upper playfield, the entire game will restart. My guess is this is some sort of voltage drop as all 3 flipper coils plus the VUK coil engage at the same time.

Any ideas on what is causing this and what the fix is? Other than this issue, the game plays great.

#1307 5 years ago

possibly needs new bridge rectifiers

#1309 5 years ago
Quoted from parabol420:

Any ideas on what is causing this and what the fix is?

The most common and best documented problem in pinball!

Go here: http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Williams_WPC#Game_resets

Read it.

Don't skip steps!

#1310 5 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Has anyone tried Art's LED rings under the pop bumper boulders? I was thinking of giving this a try.

No way to really mount them but im sure u can come up with something

#1311 5 years ago
Quoted from parabol420:

Hi everyone, I am new to the club, got my whitewater about 2 weeks ago.
I am having a strange problem that I am not sure how to diagnose, so I figured I would see if anyone here has encountered this before. If I lock a ball, and then activate both the left and right flippers while the VUK is kicking the ball to the upper playfield, the entire game will restart. My guess is this is some sort of voltage drop as all 3 flipper coils plus the VUK coil engage at the same time.
Any ideas on what is causing this and what the fix is? Other than this issue, the game plays great.

Definitely sounds like a common WPC restting issue so I would go thru the wiki steps that Mot suggested. In the meantime I would also suggest picking up one of Rob Kahr's daughtercards that will get you up and playing while you're figuring out the underlying problem. They're inexpensive and work great!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/announcing-new-product-to-help-resolve-resets-in-wpc-era-games#post-1518407

Welcome to the WH20 club!!! Such a great game...

#1312 5 years ago
Quoted from parabol420:

the entire game will restart.

Unplug/replug in your solenoid molex on the far right side of the driver board. If they are lose or not making contact that could fix it right away.
Then head to the above link if that doesn't work

#1313 5 years ago

Boom! My very first Vacation Jackpot and I did it on ball 1! 22 waterfalls! 3 ball, L-5, Factory, My best game ever!

20150906_110354.jpg

#1314 5 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

My very first Vacation Jackpot and I did it on ball 1! 22 waterfalls!

You are welcome at our house any time, but you may never touch my WH2O!

#1315 5 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Boom! My very first Vacation Jackpot and I did it on ball 1! 22 waterfalls! 3 ball, L-5, Factory, My best game ever!
20150906_110354.jpg

That's a great game! No ball-save and no hold bonus, on L-5.

#1316 5 years ago

I am in. Picked this up in a trade. I like it quite a bit so far. There is an error with the big foot head and a couple of switches but those should be easy fixes.

#1317 5 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

That's a great game! No ball-save and no hold bonus, on L-5.

Thanks! I'm still smiling!

To be honest, I don't find getting the bonus on L-5 that bad especially after playing it for a bit. I don't have any plans to upgrade to 6. I'm going to leave it this way as I like the additional challenge. I don't go out of my way to complete the bonus, but the inlanes help quit a bit with spotting you letters. I'm usually up to Class III before I know it and then once I hit Class V I give it a little more attention. Nothing worse than only being a couple letters away from finish it and draining.

I find the most difficult shots to be the bounceback, hotfoot, and extra ball (this one is deadly). Those and the damn boulder hazard. For some reason my kid can get the Secret Passage every game, sometimes 2 or 3 times in a row. I can't find the sweet spot for that one, but he has it nailed.

1 week later
#1319 5 years ago

Can I buy the head only decals or need to buy the whole set?

#1320 5 years ago
Quoted from Plumonium:

Can I buy the head only decals or need to buy the whole set?

I've only ever seen them as a set. Maybe you can go halves with someone here?

Does anyone know the part number for the plumb bob assembly? In the manual it shows 20-6502-A, but that's just the plumb bob without the wire and thumb screw. I need the proper wire and thumb screw as well. I have the rest of the tilt assembly.

Thanks!

#1321 5 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Thanks! I'm still smiling!
To be honest, I don't find getting the bonus on L-5 that bad especially after playing it for a bit. I don't have any plans to upgrade to 6. I'm going to leave it this way as I like the additional challenge. I don't go out of my way to complete the bonus, but the inlanes help quit a bit with spotting you letters. I'm usually up to Class III before I know it and then once I hit Class V I give it a little more attention. Nothing worse than only being a couple letters away from finish it and draining.
I find the most difficult shots to be the bounceback, hotfoot, and extra ball (this one is deadly). Those and the damn boulder hazard. For some reason my kid can get the Secret Passage every game, sometimes 2 or 3 times in a row. I can't find the sweet spot for that one, but he has it nailed.

What I did was upgraded to LH-6 but turned off the ball save so that it operates just like L-5 (except that with L-6 the hold bonus feature actually works.) I also open up the right outlane all the way and make sure my Lost Mine kickout isn't a gimmie. White Water is a bitch when you set it up hard.

I just finished doing a hell of cleaning job on mine (stripped the entire top-side of the playfield) and played a practice game with the glass off and lockbar off to make sure everything still worked. I ended up getting the Vacation Jackpot and hitting 900,000,000 or so. I love this game when its freshly waxed and playing fast!

#1322 5 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

What I did was upgraded to LH-6 but turned off the ball save so that it operates just like L-5 (except that with L-6 the hold bonus feature actually works.) I also open up the right outlane all the way and make sure my Lost Mine kickout isn't a gimmie. White Water is a bitch when you set it up hard.
I just finished doing a hell of cleaning job on mine (stripped the entire top-side of the playfield) and played a practice game with the glass off and lockbar off to make sure everything still worked. I ended up getting the Vacation Jackpot and hitting 900,000,000 or so. I love this game when its freshly waxed and playing fast!

I don't mind that the hold bonus feature doesn't work. When you first start playing WH2O you think "What?! That's insane" but after playing for a bit getting Class VI really isn't that difficult. I do see your point though, but I like it this way - at least for now.

I actually hit my second Vacation Jackpot last night. My score wasn't as high this time, only in the 700,000,000 range but the game last well past the Vacation Jackpot. I ended up getting Class IV and a bunch of Whirlpool modes finished. This was my second only VJ, and I did it the same way - finished the Bonus, finished the Boulder area, finished Wet Willy's and then triggered Vacation Jackpot with Multiball. Very cool doing it this way as you get the VJ show and then the game goes right into multiball mode. Super exciting!

I still need those plumb bob part numbers guys! (see post #1320)

#1323 5 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

I don't mind that the hold bonus feature doesn't work. When you first start playing WH2O you think "What?! That's insane" but after playing for a bit getting Class VI really isn't that difficult. I do see your point though, but I like it this way - at least for now.
I actually hit my second Vacation Jackpot last night. My score wasn't as high this time, only in the 700,000,000 range but the game last well past the Vacation Jackpot. I ended up getting Class IV and a bunch of Whirlpool modes finished. This was my second only VJ, and I did it the same way - finished the Bonus, finished the Boulder area, finished Wet Willy's and then triggered Vacation Jackpot with Multiball. Very cool doing it this way as you get the VJ show and then the game goes right into multiball mode. Super exciting!
I still need those plumb bob part numbers guys! (see post #1320)

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/12-6231
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/4406-01120-00

The wire is out of stock but the part number is there.

#1325 5 years ago

Guys, I have a bunch of nice WH20 parts I'm going to list in the next day or so...

-New Mountain Set - $100 plus shipping
-Some new ramps and plastics (need to check exactly what I have - but will price well)
-PF - including upper; really decent shape, great candidate for restoration. $325 plus shipping.

Just a heads up... Will post with pics.

#1326 5 years ago

Has anyone done the Pinball Pro Speaker Upgrade? If so, is it worthwhile?

#1327 5 years ago
Quoted from KingDaddy:

Has anyone done the Pinball Pro Speaker Upgrade? If so, is it worthwhile?

Might want to do some searching around, but I have READ (no first hand) that with the low quality of the audio clips and lack of low end it isn't that great of an upgrade.

#1328 5 years ago

I needed new speakers for mine, so I bought either Pinball Pros or the other one (I think they're pretty much the same). They do sound good with lots of bass (if you want it).

#1329 5 years ago

Anyone have any issues with the ball trough on their wh20? Sometimes the balls don't register as drained unless I whack the side of the cab. Im pretty sure it's not switch related, but that the balls aren't rolling onto the switches perfectly every time. I took it apart and cleaned it, but still every once and awhile I have to shake/whack the cab a bit to have the ball hit a trough switch to register as drained.

Anyone?

#1330 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Anyone have any issues with the ball trough on their wh20? Sometimes the balls don't register as drained unless I whack the side of the cab. Im pretty sure it's not switch related, but that the balls aren't rolling onto the switches perfectly every time. I took it apart and cleaned it, but still every once and awhile I have to shake/whack the cab a bit to have the ball hit a trough switch to register as drained.
Anyone?

Not on my Wh20, but it happens on my WW occasionally. A little shake solves it, and their doesn't appear to be anything wrong with the switch etc.

#1331 5 years ago
Quoted from KingDaddy:

Not on my Wh20, but it happens on my WW occasionally. A little shake solves it, and their doesn't appear to be anything wrong with the switch etc.

Yep. Same here.

I'm wondering if the trough is notched from use over the years and is catching the balls in a specific spot. Thought I saw a video on this somewhere.

#1332 5 years ago

It's most likely a flakey switch. Check the trough for notches, but I am guessing a flakey switch.

#1333 5 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

It's most likely a flakey switch. Check the trough for notches, but I am guessing a flakey switch.

I don't think it's flakey switches. I've run tests and they seem to work fine.

I can almost hear the ball move a bit when I shake the side of the cab. It sounds like it drops into place a bit and hits the switch.

Maybe its a notch somewhere though. That sounds logical.

#1334 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

I can almost hear the ball move a bit when I shake the side of the cab. It sounds like it drops into place a bit and hits the switch.

I agree... I confirmed its not a flaky switch on mine - even had a pro look at it and he said nothing was wrong.

#1335 5 years ago

It's gotta be either one of the switch arms is bent a bit causing the hold up/closure OR there is a notch somewhere on the trough assembly that needs to be sanded down a bit.

I actually think it's probably a switch arm that is misformed which causes a ball to sometimes not activate it correctly.

#1336 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Anyone?

Quoted from KingDaddy:

Quoted from Blackbeard:

Great fix for trough wear
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-16809

detail.jpg

#1337 5 years ago

I saw that Skypilot but was thinking it was for the opto driven troughs starting with Indiana Jones. Think they work for older troughs?

"older troughs". Sounds gross.

#1338 5 years ago

I don't think those would work for the older two-coil troughs like White Water. Dremel?

#1339 5 years ago

Dremel could work to sand things, but I'm thinking it's switch arm related. Not that the switches don't work, but that an arm is bent causing the ball not to sit properly at times, and thus not activate the arm down into the switch button.

#1340 5 years ago

I can see that. I've got something similar going on with my Fireball at the moment.

#1341 5 years ago

Take the apron off and play some games till it does it ? Then u can see whats happening .

#1342 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Take the apron off and play some games till it does it ? Then u can see whats happening .

Did that already. Still trying to figure it out. Thanks though D

#1343 5 years ago

I had a game that was doing something similar and It was one of the switch arms bent at a wrong angle and every now and then id have to nudge the pin . Just mess with the switch arm in question and it will eventually b ok

#1344 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I had a game that was doing something similar and It was one of the switch arms bent at a wrong angle and every now and then id have to nudge the pin . Just mess with the switch arm in question and it will eventually b ok

Exactly what I think is happening. Just annoying.

#1345 5 years ago

Wrong trough, that is for the newer WPC style, not the older style.

#1346 5 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

Wrong trough, that is for the newer WPC style, not the older style.

Sorry me bad, Have one in my TOM and it works great. Probably should not ASSumed there was the same in WH2O.

#1347 5 years ago

Anyone have a full set of white water cabinet decals they would let me use? I would need ALL 5 pieces. I would pay all shipping both ways and pay for your efforts.

#1348 5 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Anyone have a full set of White Water cabinet decals they would let me use? I would need ALL 5 pieces. I would pay all shipping both ways and pay for your efforts.

Thought these are readily available?

Or are you scanning them to make your own?

#1349 5 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

Thought these are readily available?
Or are you scanning them to make your own?

I have a printing company. I deal with lots and lots of different label materials and I have what I think would make a very nice cabinet decal label stock. Would make things much easier, but I want to try it out first. I am going to just purchase the decals within the next week or so if no one wants to throw me a bone or if someone has the digital art that would be even better. I can just turn around and sell them at a discount when I am done. I am printing custom shadow backbox decals now on this stock. I am going to apply them this weekend and see how that goes.

#1350 5 years ago

I joined the club 8 years ago. I just didn't know there was a club back then. Looks like there a good representation of WH2O around Buffalo, NY.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 19.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 499.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Hero, VT
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z
There are 5271 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 106.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside