New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 57710)

WHITEWATER CLUB= Lifejackets not required

By Skypilot

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5,266 posts
  • 479 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 days ago by Lhyrgoif
  • Topic is favorited by 225 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,465 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pop_area1 (resized).jpg
379B8A60-8E0E-4E96-86EA-B67BCC400F62 (resized).jpeg
20201013_184207 (resized).jpg
20201013_184727 (resized).jpg
16025890959781527975109406817687 (resized).jpg
PXL_20201006_182901023 (resized).jpg
920ABFAD-CD4A-48C4-9031-826D8B88FF94 (resized).jpeg
20200518_192741 (resized).jpg
PXL_20200927_221433962 (resized).jpg
FJIMG_20200919_234755 (resized).jpg
FJIMG_20200919_234746 (resized).jpg
FJIMG_20200919_234732 (resized).jpg
20200914_131258 (resized).jpg
DSC_1225 (resized).JPG
DSC_1222 (resized).JPG
DSC_1223 (resized).JPG

There are 5266 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 106.
#1151 5 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Joining club on Friday. Who sells the little yellow raft mods. Seen them mounted on left side and above the whirlpool

An early welcome to the club! The seller on eBay is "judge-dredds-pinball" in the UK. Very nice guy. Dealt with him many times. Contact him and he will give you a slightly better price than what he lists them for on eBay.

#1152 5 years ago
Quoted from tonedef131:

Does anyone have a used Bigfoot or suicide canyon ramp that they woukd sell me? They don't have to be perfect, I'm just trying to get one running and mine have some broken mounting points.

I have all of my old ramps but am too busy over the next few days to do anything with them. If you haven't found any others by this weekend, send me a PM and we'll see what can be done.

#1153 5 years ago

I've got a question on the rules.

Most the time, the river class resets after each ball. Sometimes it doesn't. Anyone know why?

#1154 5 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

I've got a question on the rules.
Most the time, the river class resets after each ball. Sometimes it doesn't. Anyone know why?

It resets unless you get the "hold bonus" award by completing Disaster Drop 6 times during a game, in which case it will hold over the river class for the next ball only. This feature ONLY works on the LH-6 romset (all previous romsets are faulty). Also, the extra ball award "floats" around to different numbers of Disaster Drop completions so if the extra ball award happens to fall on Drop number 6 then it will cancel out the "Hold Bonus". After 50 games or so the Extra Ball will move again and that should free up the "Hold Bonus".

#1155 5 years ago

Thanks gac. I don't want to over mod wh20. But that mountain with the led eyes and the rafts look great. Color Dmd if budget allows

#1156 5 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Thanks gac. I don't want to over mod wh20. But that mountain with the led eyes and the rafts look great. Color Dmd if budget allows

My votes go to the Bigfoot Spotlight and the Color DMD.

#1157 5 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

Got them both, and agreed, they're great. I have the rafts too, and they're cute I guess, but I wouldn't spend any money on them. Were on the game when I bought it. Along with an eagle on a wire that I promptly removed.

ColorDMD is a huge upgrade over orange on this title for sure.

#1158 5 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

who sells bigfoot light mod? color choice?

#1159 5 years ago

Billsfanmd - Pinball Life sells the bigfoot light mod. The colordmd is well worth it on this machine.

#1160 5 years ago

Get them while you can from Pinball Life, creator said this is the last run. It's a little pricey, but when you realize the custom work that went into it, and what a PITA it would be to duplicate it all, then it's not hard to realize it's worth it. And really it's one of those mods that feels factory, they should have made the game like this out of the box.

#1161 5 years ago

I want to order the big foot light.
shipping to Ireland is $54
I guess I'll have to make my own.

#1162 5 years ago

who sells the little round overlay for mine kick out wear?

#1163 5 years ago

Lii

Quoted from billsfanmd:who sells the little round overlay for mine kick out wear?

I think little shop of games has them.

#1164 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Get them while you can from Pinball Life,

Rats...I can't find them on the pinball life. Maybe they are out?

#1165 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballdork:

Rats...I can't find them on the pinball life. Maybe they are out?

Hmm, could be, I hit the page from my browser history and it's gone now. Might want to email Terry to check.

#1167 5 years ago

I know some hate leds. I'm curious on the Bigfoot spot mod if most are leaving incandescent or changing to led ? Color choice ?

#1168 5 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

I know some hate leds. I'm curious on the Bigfoot spot mod if most are leaving incandescent or changing to led ? Color choice ?

Warm white frosted looks great.

#1169 5 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Mine's cool white right now, but it's a little too harsh. I think I want a Comet sunlight bulb in there. Need to put together a new order.

#1170 5 years ago

Comet Maximus are great spots. Warm or sun would prob look great

#1171 5 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Any way to get the ball to roll out of the VUK landing faster? It seems like it sits up there longer than normal before rolling down into the upper playfield.

This is the most consistent solution I've found regarding getting the pinballs to roll out of the VUK landing quickly.

IMG_0565.JPG

IMG_0566.JPG

#1173 5 years ago

They must be joking,looks dumb to me

#1175 5 years ago

Its got to be a joke,but I know its not.

#1176 5 years ago

Wow. A WH20 mod I don't want!

#1177 5 years ago

Yeah worst mod in pinball

#1178 5 years ago

It looks like it came in his Happy Meal.

#1179 5 years ago

If you don't have the "missing plastic", you owe it to yourself to visit this thread:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/white-water-missing-plastic-coming-soon/page/6#post-2568416

It is a plastic for the lower left inlane similar to the one in the lower right.

#1180 5 years ago

Yep.I'm in for one!get the missing mountain too.you owe it to your whitewater

#1181 5 years ago

Is the missing mountain available anywhere?

#1182 5 years ago

I am having some GI issues. Just started not to light. I checked J120 and looks good but I do not know why it just started not to work. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

#1183 5 years ago
Quoted from PjM:

I am having some GI issues. Just started not to light. I checked J120 and looks good but I do not know why it just started not to work. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Which GI is not working?
Inspect and reseat J115 on power board and the large molex connector at the transformer underneath.
Also check the fuses F106-F110

#1184 5 years ago
Quoted from rawbars:

Is the missing mountain available anywhere?

Yes, I make them. There's another thread here with more information.
Price is 50 euro each.
I'm out at the moment but will make a new batch soon.. and it's really one of the last batches then as the mold is starting to wear out too much..

#1185 5 years ago
Quoted from aeneas:

Yes, I make them. There's another thread here with more information.
Price is 50 euro each.
I'm out at the moment but will make a new batch soon.. and it's really one of the last batches then as the mold is starting to wear out too much..

Sweet! Joining the club this week so I'll be in touch!

#1186 5 years ago

Thanks, I will try this. The GI lights are the lower slings.

#1187 5 years ago

I had the pleasure of doing some white water rafting near Jackson, Wyoming a few days ago. This photo was taken going into a class III rapid. I'm in the back right with the sunglasses. Sorry about the watermark; I'm not ready to fork over the small fortune for the photo yet.

I did yell out "WHITE WATER" going into a couple obstacles in tribute to the game. Wife and I thought it was pretty funny.

fullres.pl.jpeg

#1188 5 years ago

I'm finally in the club! I originally thought this game was difficult and without any targets from the left flipper, but playing the game in leagues made me realize how great the game is. It's just FUN. And for the game voted best ramps in pinball, how can you lose?

So, I acquired a player's condition WW with a nice Diamondplate PF and a working topper. I'm gonna give it some love with LEDS, mountains, grizzly, etc. Already put some LEDs in PF and in the backbox.

One problem, I need to check the optos because many times when I hit the whirlpool, I hear the splash but no further score or display, i.e., vacation planner. It started working again but now stopped again. Am I right about it being the opto and where might that be for the whirlpool shot?

Thanks to all, especially Wet Willie!

WP_20150722_10_45_55_Pro.jpg

ww.jpg

#1189 5 years ago

Welcome to the club and to Wet Willies!

Check the microswitch 57 that is located on the right upper playfield ramp by removing the uppermost boulder.
More than likely it is broken off of the bigfoot ramp.
If it is you might be able to use the "bigfoot bluffs ramp cover" to reattach it from this site:
http://pinballdecals.com/PartsByGamePages/WhiteWater_Page.html

#1190 5 years ago
Quoted from bballfan:

Check the microswitch 57 that is located on the right upper playfield ramp by removing the uppermost boulder.

Look for both sides of the equation. One switch tells the game the ball is in the Whirpool ramp, so it makes noises and shows the whirpool animation, then the opto at the bottom of the whirpool that shows it's made it down, and awards something. It can be a bit confusing becasue if the whirpool entry switch isn;t working, the game will still award a boulder...it just has to get all the way down and then realize it's there. Just run a switch test and make sure they're working.
Before you start spending all your monies on animal dolls to glue to the game, get the Color DMD

#1191 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Look for both sides of the equation. One switch tells the game the ball is in the Whirpool ramp, so it makes noises and shows the whirpool animation, then the opto at the bottom of the whirpool that shows it's made it down, and awards something. It can be a bit confusing becasue if the whirpool entry switch isn;t working, the game will still award a boulder...it just has to get all the way down and then realize it's there. Just run a switch test and make sure they're working.
Before you start spending all your monies on animal dolls to glue to the game, get the Color DMD

I'll add that the bracket that holds the optos under the whirlpool can be a bit of "tricky" area. I've seen the screw come loose and the optos therefore fall out of place. It's also pretty common for people to lose the spacer on the long screw holding everything together and THEN SCREW UP THROUGH THE TOP OF THE PLAYFIELD when working in that area. Be careful about that. My suggestion is to take pictures and if your spacer is missing replace it so that you don't accidentally put a screw through the top of your playfield when working with those optos or replacing the Whirlpool lights.

#1192 5 years ago

Thanks guys. Will give it a shot.

#1193 5 years ago

I joined the club last night! Still folded, but not for long. Oh, and I asked my wife if I could get a third pin last night. This is the reponse she gave me, that means 1 more right?

wh2o.jpg

Looking forward to cleaning this one up, adding mods and playing the hell out of it!

#1194 5 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

that means 1 more right?

Either that or your #1

#1195 5 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

This is the reponse she gave me, that means 1 more right?

Let her do that with two hands....means 11 !!

#1196 5 years ago

It's home! I couldn't get it into the basement so I set it up in the garage for now. Played a couple games and noticed the VUK was randomly firing. The repetition of the sound and the VUK activating pretty much non-stop made the game unplayable for me. The VUK was in my hands 5 minutes later. LOL! That must be a new record for me! Is the VUK misfiring, or randomly firing, a common malfunction on this game? I'm assuming it's the opto's, but I really haven't started troubleshooting.

20150725_135042.jpg

20150725_135028.jpg

#1197 5 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Is the VUK misfiring, or randomly firing, a common malfunction on this game?

The opto switch isn't working. When the light isn't working (or something similar), the game thinks there's a ball in there and tries to kick it out.

If the wires going to both sides of the opto look good, the most likely problem is that the LED emitter is burnt out. Common problem, cheap and easy fix.

Read up on how optos work and how to test them here: http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Williams_WPC#Opto_Switches

#1198 5 years ago
Quoted from mot:

The opto switch isn't working. When the light isn't working (or something similar), the game thinks there's a ball in there and tries to kick it out.
If the wires going to both sides of the opto look good, the most likely problem is that the LED emitter is burnt out. Common problem, cheap and easy fix.
Read up on how optos work and how to test them here: http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Williams_WPC#Opto_Switches

Great reply! Thanks!

#1199 5 years ago

Looking at your picture I would bet the optos just need cleaning.

#1200 5 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

Looking at your picture I would bet the optos just need cleaning.

Yeah, the pin definitely needs a tidy up! I think you're right. The optos are shiny purple and I'm getting 12V out of all the transmitters.

20150726_115151.jpg

20150726_115234.jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 47.00
Boards
PinSound
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
There are 5266 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 106.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside