Topic Stats

• 5,457 posts
  • 494 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by marioparty34
  • Topic is favorited by 229 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,590 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

PXL_20210117_174302211 (resized).jpg
PXL_20210117_174255228 (resized).jpg
DB170233-9809-4317-9193-8DAEF761CDE3 (resized).jpeg
8CC2D123-66B4-4A2D-8390-29410096C60F (resized).jpeg
1015BDD3-CAD5-4406-805B-3B949C5A9365 (resized).jpeg
C024FF36-5EF0-4DB0-9AE0-751B38F1C50C (resized).jpeg
6670926D-7018-4F42-B69F-602546128487 (resized).jpeg
56f818f472fee6f68104e49c37ff9f4a679d15b5 (resized).jpg
eba1c39ecb1d2ae99f94538f835fd6dcff7b7338 (resized).png
Whitewater-Williams-1993-600x209-1038x361 (resized).png
IMG_20210116_112050_compress24 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210116_112312_compress68 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210116_113257_compress98 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210116_113310_compress45 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200929_221458_compress25 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200929_225732_compress75 (resized).jpg

There are 5457 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 110.
#1101 5 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

I've always wondered about the missing mountain, and where the "Red West" name came from. Was it something originally part of the design but removed from final production, or a mod someone came up with?

No, it was just a mod. Here you go
https://sites.google.com/site/redwestwh20/

As I understand it, he had some health problems and has not produced them for many years. Lots of people have tried to contact him and purchase but I haven't heard of anybody successfully doing so.

#1102 5 years ago

It is a different mountain.

#1103 5 years ago

So, out of all my pins, WH20 has quickly become my absolute favorite: above TZ and TAF (which are ranked higher here). This game is an absolute blast.

#1104 5 years ago
Quoted from seshpilot:

So, out of all my pins, WH20 has quickly become my absolute favorite: above TZ and TAF (which are ranked higher here). This game is an absolute blast.

I agree WH2O is more fun that either of the two.

#1105 5 years ago

I concur.

#1106 5 years ago

I just purchased Wh20 for the second time. I missed this game so much, I had to get another one. Tonight I rebuilt the flippers with new coils ( fl-11629), sleeves, end of strokes and bushings. Now when I play the game it almost seems like the flippers are too strong now and the ball flys erratically around the Playfield. The coils are the proper ones for this game but the speed of the ball off the flippers seems a bit too fast.

Is this normal, or should I install a resistor to weaken the coils?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

#1107 5 years ago

I felt the same when I cleaned and waxed my PF. It is a fast game with brutal reject shots if you miss the ramps. I think you're fine imo. One caveat I would mention is to make sure your foam behind the lock targets is new and healthy. Those targets take a beating if your flippers are strong, but all seems to be ok if the foam is in place.

#1108 5 years ago

I have to admit, Ive owned one now for 6 months, and just finished up the restoration.

Fun.....is definitely the word.

No matter how ones game goes, its addictive and always fun.
Very rare in a game!

#1109 5 years ago
Quoted from ck1sport:

I just purchased Wh20 for the second time. I missed this game so much, I had to get another one. Tonight I rebuilt the flippers with new coils ( fl-11629), sleeves, end of strokes and bushings. Now when I play the game it almost seems like the flippers are too strong now and the ball flys erratically around the Playfield. The coils are the proper ones for this game but the speed of the ball off the flippers seems a bit too fast.
Is this normal, or should I install a resistor to weaken the coils?
Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Check your manual again, the left flipper uses a weaker coil: FL-15411

#1110 5 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I have to admit, Ive owned one now for 6 months, and just finished up the restoration.
Fun.....is definitely the word.
No matter how ones game goes, its addictive and always fun.
Very rare in a game!

I agree with this. Like BSD it has that one more game appeal. You just can't walk away until you put up a really great game. I miss mine and am looking for another.

1 week later
#1111 5 years ago

So I upgraded to the L-h6 chip, all is good. Now in the middle of a game if there is a switch out it stops and does a test. Cancels the game - that might be the best game you are having. Is this normal or is this L-h6 flawed?

#1112 5 years ago
Quoted from PjM:

So I upgraded to the L-h6 chip, all is good. Now in the middle of a game if there is a switch out it stops and does a test. Cancels the game - that might be the best game you are having. Is this normal or is this L-h6 flawed?

Hmmm, doesn't seem normal compared to my experience with L-H6

#1113 5 years ago

You may need a new ribbon from the cpu to power board.
I recently had a similar problem in which during a game it would suddenly stop and do some odd things such as go into test mode in French or all flippers suddenly lock on for second or 2 then go in test.
I am also running LH 6.
The new ribbon cable fixed the problem.

#1114 5 years ago

not normal

#1115 5 years ago

Ok, I will try the ribbon cord first. Thanks.

#1116 5 years ago

where are ya located?

#1117 5 years ago

Is there any cpu battery damage?Check J205 and J212 for loose wires or connections.They go to the coin door interface board and coin door buttons.

#1118 5 years ago

I bought this lovely game a couple of weeks ago, so count me in

WW.jpg
#1119 5 years ago
Quoted from dlimi:

I bought this lovely game a couple of weeks ago, so count me in

White Water and Addams Family are a great pair. I believe that they are the only two games where the name of the game isn't on the translite/backglass.

#1120 5 years ago
Quoted from mot:

White Water and Addams Family are a great pair. I believe that they are the only two games where the name of the game isn't on the translite/backglass.

add Jurassic park lost world to that list

#1121 5 years ago

I prefer the original look of the Incandescent bulbs on my WH20.
Need some GI / play field replacements. I believe I need some #44 & some #555..

Can anyone tell me where to order from? Clear or frosted?? Thanks!

#1122 5 years ago

I have many 44s and 555s that you can have. Send me a pm with your address and I will send them to you.

#1123 5 years ago
Quoted from PjM:

I have many 44s and 555s that you can have. Send me a pm with your address and I will send them to you.

That's very kind.. pm to follow. Cheers!

#1124 5 years ago
Quoted from pinhi:

I prefer the original look of the Incandescent bulbs on my WH20.
Need some GI / play field replacements. I believe I need some #44 & some #555..
Can anyone tell me where to order from? Clear or frosted?? Thanks!

Umm I don't believe incandescent bulbs have frosted available.

#1125 5 years ago

Can someone please tell me where the ball is meant to end up after you shoot disaster drop or boomerang bend?

On my machine, 90% of the time the ball will come off the left ball guide and aim straight for the drain. I've gotten used to nudging the machine fairly hard to bump the ball off the ball guide so that it hits the tip of the left flipper, but I'd like to fix it properly.

I've seen videos online of different machines. Some feed the left flipper, some feed the right flipper, and I've even seen one where the ball guide throws the ball across to the right slingshot.

If anyone can post a close up of the left ball guide, that'd be great too so I can see how mine differs either in shape or mounting position.

#1126 5 years ago

Depends. Mainly mine comes towards left flipper.

#1127 5 years ago

Im fairly sure mine feeds to the left flipper.
I'll check again later.

Sometimes my lost mine kicks sdtm or just dribbles out and goes out the left outlane.So frustrating.

#1128 5 years ago

I make the missing mountain now.
More information here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mystery-mountain-for-white-water-anybody

#1129 5 years ago
Quoted from Gorgonzola:

Can someone please tell me where the ball is meant to end up after you shoot disaster drop or boomerang bend?
On my machine, 90% of the time the ball will come off the left ball guide and aim straight for the drain. I've gotten used to nudging the machine fairly hard to bump the ball off the ball guide so that it hits the tip of the left flipper, but I'd like to fix it properly.
I've seen videos online of different machines. Some feed the left flipper, some feed the right flipper, and I've even seen one where the ball guide throws the ball across to the right slingshot.
If anyone can post a close up of the left ball guide, that'd be great too so I can see how mine differs either in shape or mounting position.

On my machine, depeding on spin and trajectory of the ball, a shot to Disaster Drop can end in a drain, especially from a cradled shot from the left flipper. Shots to Disaster Drop at speed from the left flipper will drain much less often. Shots from the right flipper to Disaster Drop almost never drain. The other Disaster Drop drain is a shot that doesn't make it up all the way up the ramp and will usually drain when it rolls back down the ramp. I always wondered if that was why they called it "Disaster Drop".

As for Boomerang Bend, that shot is so damn dangerous that I don't go for it as much but I don't recall having any drain issues off the loop.

Based on the above, with my machine anyway, the drain has more to do with tragectory and spin than the way the ramps are inherently set up. I do not take Disaster Drip shots from a cradled ball on the left flipper because the chances of a drain are pretty good. Otherwise it's a fairly safe shot (as long as you can collect the ball afterwards).

#1130 5 years ago

Have we covered what LEDs work best in the topper? I've finally converted my machine after holding out and love the cool white in this game, but need the topper squared away!

#1131 5 years ago

I think it's pretty unanimous that leds look terrible in the topper chase lights.

#1132 5 years ago

Mine has all leds except for the topper.

#1133 5 years ago

If anyone would consider selling in California....I am looking to buy a nice example. Thanks

#1134 5 years ago

Hey guys ,my topper has LEDs and they work horrible. What bulbs work best in the topper?

#1135 5 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

Hey guys ,my topper has LEDs and they work horrible. What bulbs work best in the topper?

Well get them out or you'll be in trouble.
That circuit is 14v (maybe 20v) so use 194s like the manual says!

#1136 5 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

You could get LEDs that will take it, but yes I agree - if they are regular playfield LEDs they will melt.

#1137 5 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

Quoted from btw75:

You could get LEDs that will take it, but yes I agree - if they are regular playfield LEDs they will melt.

No, they are the ones that came with the LED kit from cointaker and they just don't look real good.

#1138 5 years ago

So, white and blue 194s for the topper! Alternating !

#1139 5 years ago
Quoted from PjM:

Thank you.

#1140 5 years ago
Quoted from PjM:

thats what i did

#1141 5 years ago

Just brought home my first one a couple months ago. Good family game, kids really like it! Got an extra bonus too. Never used Micro repro playfield (upper included)!

#1142 5 years ago

welcome

1 month later
#1143 5 years ago

Does anyone have a used Bigfoot or suicide canyon ramp that they woukd sell me? They don't have to be perfect, I'm just trying to get one running and mine have some broken mounting points.

#1144 5 years ago

I'm looking for a Wh2o, nice or project, cash or trades ok.

#1145 5 years ago

Any way to get the ball to roll out of the VUK landing faster? It seems like it sits up there longer than normal before rolling down into the upper playfield.

#1146 5 years ago

duplicate post

#1147 5 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Any way to get the ball to roll out of the VUK landing faster? It seems like it sits up there longer than normal before rolling down into the upper playfield.

Meaning the ball lands, and then rolls up before back down? Check my thread here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stuck-ball-on-white-water-above-vuk-common

that has the solution, which is little post rubbers on the end of the VUK. Mine is working great now, almost never rolls up. And I fixed the place it was getting stuck if it happens to go up there.

#1148 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Meaning the ball lands, and then rolls up before back down? Check my thread here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stuck-ball-on-white-water-above-vuk-common
that has the solution, which is little post rubbers on the end of the VUK. Mine is working great now, almost never rolls up. And I fixed the place it was getting stuck if it happens to go up there.

It never gets stuck, but it's just slow to roll back down.

The previous owner had two rubber rings on one side. It works a little better with them removed, but I'll try it all around like you have.

#1149 5 years ago

I d like to get back in club if your selling near MD let me know

#1150 5 years ago

Joining club on Friday. Who sells the little yellow raft mods. Seen them mounted on left side and above the whirlpool

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 5457 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 110.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside