New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 57710)

WHITEWATER CLUB= Lifejackets not required

By Skypilot

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5,266 posts
  • 479 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 days ago by Lhyrgoif
  • Topic is favorited by 225 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,465 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pop_area1 (resized).jpg
379B8A60-8E0E-4E96-86EA-B67BCC400F62 (resized).jpeg
20201013_184207 (resized).jpg
20201013_184727 (resized).jpg
16025890959781527975109406817687 (resized).jpg
PXL_20201006_182901023 (resized).jpg
920ABFAD-CD4A-48C4-9031-826D8B88FF94 (resized).jpeg
20200518_192741 (resized).jpg
PXL_20200927_221433962 (resized).jpg
FJIMG_20200919_234755 (resized).jpg
FJIMG_20200919_234746 (resized).jpg
FJIMG_20200919_234732 (resized).jpg
20200914_131258 (resized).jpg
DSC_1225 (resized).JPG
DSC_1222 (resized).JPG
DSC_1223 (resized).JPG

There are 5266 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 106.
#1051 5 years ago

How could anybody think that those leds look good?
Sickening is what it is.
Hood save

#1052 5 years ago

holy vomit on the before. The only colored LEDs topside on my WH2O are blues on the whirlpool markers, and behind the river targets. I'm running white mountains so you don't see the blue behind them much. Plus they are all single dome frosted LEDs, so they aren't blinding.

#1053 5 years ago
Quoted from Endprodukt:

Good god that looks so much better. I hate it when White Waters get drowned in blue.

Uff agreed...he did a noble thing saving it from the clown puking.

Quoted from urbanledge:

Sickening is what it is.
Hood save

lots of people in this thread

#1054 5 years ago
Quoted from mwong168:

The previous owner told me my WH20 ain't going to win any beauty contests and then said BTW FYI the upper playfield has a metal plate cut into it for the VUK ball drop. At first I was like "oh crap" and since I knew the game had passed through the hands of a Quebec collector, who I won't name, but he is known to be a hack artist when it comes to fixing games. When I finally saw it in person I was like that doesn't look too bad and way too clean to be a hack done by this unnamed person
I spent the better part of an hour last night removing his awesome LED kit.
16897599490_2ccae7418d_c.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
I replaced most of the GI back with incandescent bulbs and left the CT blue super brights behind the RIVER stand up targets because it looks cool and doesn't wash out the game's colors. I will make some sort of shield to address the blue light bleeding on the left side there and plan on adding some lighting up the mountains behind Big Foot there.
16897376498_b98d1ae089_c.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
I left the inserts with LEDs for now to see how it looks and how distracting it is during game play.

Part of your GI is out. Should be a bulb in the back left on the lower playfield and two bulbs behind Bigfoot in the upper at the very least.

#1055 5 years ago

Has anyone used the topper overlay with the cut outs for the waterfall? Does it look good? Was it was enough to apply etc?

#1056 5 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

I guess there are lots of people with more money then taste
Just kidding and to each their own is all I have to say.

Quoted from judremy:

Part of your GI is out. Should be a bulb in the back left on the lower playfield and two bulbs behind Bigfoot in the upper at the very least.

I purposely left the back left corner one out to hide the switch there and basically empty space. I also didn't put the two incandescent bulbs behind Big Foot because it illuminated only the rigth side of the back mountain. It was late last night but I plan to add either an LED strip or a few bulb sockets to light up that back mountain more evenly.

#1057 5 years ago

I removed the two controversial posts in the boulder garden area. Now I see why I was always getting the "right jet arena" switch error as the left post had its own single post rubber and the right one formed a triangle, which were both incorrect. I would like to have that area of the playfield configured in the way Dennis Nordman originally envisioned it. I don't anticipate any issues with right outline drains as I have the right outlane post adjusted all the way inward. Doing this after going through the bumper mechs with the added bonus of bouncy Titan rings should really improve the action in that area. Can't wait to see how that works out.

#1058 5 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

I removed the two controversial posts in the boulder garden area. Now I see why I was always getting the "right jet arena" switch error as the left post had its own single post rubber and the right one formed a triangle, which were both incorrect. I would like to have that area of the playfield configured in the way Dennis Nordman originally envisioned it. I don't anticipate any issues with right outline drains as I have the right drain post adjusted all the way inward. Doing this after going through the bumper mechs with the added bonus of bouncy Titan rings should really improve the action in that area. Can't wait to see how that works out.

I had the rubber out of there and had no draining issues, but I also had no pop bumper action at all. I ended up putting the rubber back in . I'd rather have the pop action than the lower ball release point. What switch was giving an error. I don't think the one below the pops on the right side will set off the credit dot. Or do you have an earlier ROM?

#1059 5 years ago
Quoted from Endprodukt:

Has anyone used the topper overlay with the cut outs for the waterfall? Does it look good? Was it was enough to apply etc?

I did....major pia and didnt line up perfect. Turned out pretty nice and the colors looks great compared to how they were before

#1060 5 years ago

what was difficult? I took my time, stuck it on, and it looks awesome!

#1061 5 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

I had the rubber out of there and had no draining issues, but I also had no pop bumper action at all. I ended up putting the rubber back in . I'd rather have the pop action than the lower ball release point. What switch was giving an error. I don't think the one below the pops on the right side will set off the credit dot. Or do you have an earlier ROM?

For you is the ball just draining out of the bumper area through the right channel that is now open? The switch was causing the credit dot yes, it showed up in the test report. The problem was the incorrectly installed rubber ring was pushing the ball too far away from the switch to trigger it. I also adjusted both of those arena switches while I was at it.

#1062 5 years ago

I have the ring in now. I prefer the better pop bumper action to the lo right exit being open. When the rubber was out I had some immediate drains but nothing that made me need to put the rubber back in. In my case its strictly play quality as opposed to having it to fix an issue. Interesting that you are getting the error from either of the 2 switches to the right under the pops not being hit. Mine never get hit and never report any error. If I test them they are fine.

#1063 5 years ago

I know this may be a long shot but I'm looking for a wh20. Looking to trade my TZ, let me know if any of you rafters can help out! Thanks

#1064 5 years ago
Quoted from mwong168:

I spent the better part of an hour last night removing his awesome LED kit.

I thought you were going to brag about how good you thought the LEDs looked! I was going to keep my mouth shut. I love the look of that incandescent goodness!

#1065 5 years ago
Quoted from mot:

I thought you were going to brag about how good you thought the LEDs looked! I was going to keep my mouth shut. I love the look of that incandescent goodness!

I will brag about these LEDs I installed tonight and I love incandescent goodness on most my games too

IMG_20150409_223707.jpg

IMG_20150409_225243.jpg

IMG_20150409_225415.jpg

I used one of the left over LED strips from Comet to tie these in. I don't know if the mountains are illuminated enough so might add a bit more lighting.

IMG_20150409_232701.jpg

I made a shield so there is no more blue bleeding on the left mountains anymore. Still not done with lighting but will share later once I am.

#1066 5 years ago

I put those strips under all my mountains too. They looks great but as you say you need to make shelfs to stop the light bleeding out all over the place.
The back is impossible to light evenly.
You should get the missing mounting mod.
It really ties the game together.

#1067 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer22:

I did....major pia and didnt line up perfect. Turned out pretty nice and the colors looks great compared to how they were before

Are the little stones on the bottom of the waterfall single stickers? Did you apply it wet so you can align it?

#1068 5 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

For you is the ball just draining out of the bumper area through the right channel that is now open? The switch was causing the credit dot yes, it showed up in the test report. The problem was the incorrectly installed rubber ring was pushing the ball too far away from the switch to trigger it. I also adjusted both of those arena switches while I was at it.

The credit dot may be due to your ROM version as well. I didn't go back a look but I think L6 no longer triggers the error for that switch.

What I did was to remove the ring but leave the post. I've never had a problem with the pop bumpers or excessive drains out of the boulder garden. I have the right outline set to the largest opening.

#1069 5 years ago

those little boulder stickers..... when you peel the back of the sicker off, those are held in place by a front opaque piece that keeps everything aligned when you stick it on. Then you peel off the front piece and it's all applied properly. If you're old enough to remember..mit's like those oakley stickers we put on our windshields in the 80's

#1070 5 years ago

Just joined the club! My first narrow body and how she flies!
Having a weird issue where high scores 1-4 get deleted every day, while the grand champion stays there.
Have looked at the menu and can't find any settings which would do this.
Can anyone help?

#1071 5 years ago

I have got a blank space to the right of the No Way Out entrance - it's really bugging me as the GI lamp is blinding.
Looking at pics of other machines there is something there, but I can't find out what it is exactly. Can anyone help, and a source online for the plastic/decal or whatever it is would be great!

Ps my high score issue above has cleared up after I swapped out the ROM

image.jpg
#1072 5 years ago

Putting mine back together. Looks like part of your ramp is missing

image.jpg
#1073 5 years ago
Quoted from dluth:

I have got a blank space to the right of the No Way Out entrance - it's really bugging me as the GI lamp is blinding.
Looking at pics of other machines there is something there, but I can't find out what it is exactly. Can anyone help, and a source online for the plastic/decal or whatever it is would be great!
Ps my high score issue above has cleared up after I swapped out the ROM

image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

The end of your ramp is broken and missing.

#1074 5 years ago

Thanks. Solved the mystery for me.
Now I'm going to have to work something out (without buying a $125 ramp)

#1075 5 years ago

Can you even get individual ramps?

#1076 5 years ago
Quoted from dluth:

Thanks. Solved the mystery for me.
Now I'm going to have to work something out (without buying a $125 ramp)

You could install some mantis ramp protectors to shield some of the light.

wwprot.JPG

http://www.mantisamusements.com/ww.htm

Here is a pic of how they look like installed

16908776509_35bb43eb01_z.jpg

#1078 5 years ago

Nice... I know the full set is like $600+. Insane if you just need one ramp (actually that price is insane period)!

#1079 5 years ago

Yes. I had to buy both lower ramps on my game individually as only the visible upper ramps were replaced with repros.

#1080 5 years ago
Quoted from mwong168:

You could install some mantis ramp protectors to shield some of the light.
http://www.mantisamusements.com/ww.htm

Thinking about this baby. Anyone got it installed? I wonder if it will be able to be attached without the bit on the right ramp that's broken off?
Skull Mountain.jpg

#1081 5 years ago

I have this. It should cover it up a bit. If you need pictures let me know.

#1082 5 years ago
Quoted from dluth:

Thinking about this baby. Anyone got it installed? I wonder if it will be able to be attached without the bit on the right ramp that's broken off?
Skull Mountain.jpg

It actually attaches to the sign above it on the upper PF, and hangs down. You issue will not prevent you from installing this. This, combined with the Mantis protectors will pretty much cover up your issue.

#1083 5 years ago

Will the skull mod fit with the bear mod?

#1084 5 years ago

Not if it has to install as per above. I'm guessing the bear mod can be turned, or attached differently. I bought this bear at a toy store, $2 haha, waiting to find a place for it.

#1085 5 years ago

Yeah, after I bought that dang bear I found it at Toy R Us! Son of a did'ly Since added a moose, beaver, wolf and a couple of owls!

#1086 5 years ago

^^ and it magically transformed in a Zoo Tycoon

#1087 5 years ago

My project is finished! The new boulder plastics are brighter and show more of the GI from underneath. I decided to use uncapped frosted dome LEDs to get the most light output. The plastic itself takes care of the rest. We also added a few GI LEDs in the back to even out the rear canyon. Before it was lit on the far right and totally dark everywhere else.

After the painstaking process of cleaning and polishing all the ramps, replacing the rubbers with extra bouncy Titan Competition silicone rings, going through all the solenoids, replacing the boulder plastics, new balls, and somehow managing to track down a used dome so I can reinstall the topper that I removed over 3 years ago, the game looks and plays fantastic. It almost seems like a collector's machine now. My favorite aspect is the boulder lighting. Now everything really glows!

And per usual, it's going back on location for other pinheads to enjoy!

image.jpg
image-157.jpg
image-767.jpg
image-168.jpg
image-336.jpg
image-502.jpg
image-961.jpg
image-461.jpg
image-280.jpg
image-831.jpg
image-661.jpg

#1090 5 years ago

Simply beautiful game. Great work.

#1091 5 years ago

You did a nice job, Andrew! Looks awesome!!!
Mike

#1092 5 years ago

Looking sharp!
needs the missing mountain 2015-02-09 19.11.09.jpg

#1093 5 years ago

Hi all,
I'm in the middle of tearing down my Whitewater, planning on doing my first full refurb!
Unfortunately one of the metal ball trails/lanes has snapped, is there anywhere which sells them or are they unobtanium?
Thanks

#1094 5 years ago

Never seen that mssing mountain...this is mine.IMG_20150424_060028_828.jpg

#1095 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Never seen that mssing mountain...this is mine.

Yours is the original Red West missing mountain. After those became unobtainable a Pinsider started doing his own version, which is what you see above.

#1096 5 years ago

Either way this game needs the mountain!
Such a gaping hole in that corner

#1097 5 years ago
Quoted from jsyjay:

Hi all,
I'm in the middle of tearing down my Whitewater, planning on doing my first full refurb!
Unfortunately one of the metal ball trails/lanes has snapped, is there anywhere which sells them or are they unobtanium?
Thanks

I had a broken mounting tab on one guide and bought the L bracket from this place.
Which guide is it?Can you upload a picture?

http://www.mantisamusements.com/bgkits.htm

#1098 5 years ago

I've always wondered about the missing mountain, and where the "Red West" name came from. Was it something originally part of the design but removed from final production, or a mod someone came up with?

#1099 5 years ago

Red West is the guy who made and sopd these back in the day

#1100 5 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

Looking sharp!
needs the missing mountain 2015-02-09 19.11.09.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Just noticed your mountain is installed differently than YZFGUY's. Which way is correct? They both look good as they are.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Mesa, AZ
Cabinet - Toppers
Full Tilt Pinball LEDs
There are 5266 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 106.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside