New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 57710)

WHITEWATER CLUB= Lifejackets not required

By Skypilot

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5,271 posts
  • 479 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by arcadenerd925
  • Topic is favorited by 225 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,467 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20201029_121252 (resized).jpg
20201029_121031 (resized).jpg
pop_area1 (resized).jpg
379B8A60-8E0E-4E96-86EA-B67BCC400F62 (resized).jpeg
20201013_184207 (resized).jpg
20201013_184727 (resized).jpg
16025890959781527975109406817687 (resized).jpg
PXL_20201006_182901023 (resized).jpg
920ABFAD-CD4A-48C4-9031-826D8B88FF94 (resized).jpeg
20200518_192741 (resized).jpg
PXL_20200927_221433962 (resized).jpg
FJIMG_20200919_234755 (resized).jpg
FJIMG_20200919_234746 (resized).jpg
FJIMG_20200919_234732 (resized).jpg
20200914_131258 (resized).jpg
DSC_1225 (resized).JPG

There are 5271 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 106.
#1001 5 years ago

I am having Boulder lighting issues. The issue is...they are not lighting. I did a total restoration and the only thing not working is the Boulder lights. If acceptable, if some one can take I picture under the playfield how the lights are suppose to be that would be great. Thank you.

#1002 5 years ago
Quoted from PjM:

If acceptable, if some one can take I picture under the playfield how the lights are suppose to be that would be great.

I can't guarantee that mine are wired correctly, because I did a playfield swap and found my pictures weren't quite good enough when I was redoing this. But, they work, and the setup makes sense...

So... disclaimer: not factory original!

IMG_20150307_195614.jpg

IMG_20150307_200632.jpg

All three bumpers are on the orange/white-orange GI circuit.

The right bumper is connected in parallel with two other GI lights on both sides of the Boomerang Bend insert via yellow wires.

The bottom bumper is connected to the orange line of the right bumper via a yellow wire along the far right side of the playfield. It's visible in the second picture. The orange-white wire comes straight out of the harness near the bottom pop bumper coil.

The left bumper has it's own orange wire (single wire) that comes out of the harness near the left pop bumper coil. This is connected under the trough in my pictures. The white-orange wire is shared with the bottom pop bumper, as described above. In my setup with lugs and screws, the only white-orange wire pictures connects to the wire leads from two pop bumpers: bottom and left.

Hope that helps!

Mmmm.... Incandescent goodness!

IMG_20150307_195503.jpg

#1003 5 years ago

Hey, thanks. I will go look and compare this with mine. Thanks for this.

#1004 5 years ago

I made a hilariously bad annotated drawing of one of the photos above. It's ugly and messy and confusing, but it just might provide you some clarity if you spend enough time looking at it.

Orange is orange.

The white-orange line is represented by green!

boulder gi.jpg

#1005 5 years ago

Sweet. Thanks.

#1006 5 years ago

Huh, I have other issues. I did this and it did not work.

1 week later
#1008 5 years ago

I have a knocker problem,
It was working.
But now its not even in the coil test ?
It should be No.7 in the list but number 7s not there?
It skips form 6 to 10?
wtfs going on!
on rom Lh6 CC

#1009 5 years ago

Ok factory rest set brought it back!

#1010 5 years ago

Fellas: I'd like to paint my topper light shield black. It has some chips in the paint. Is there a good way to do this?

I was thinking sand it a bit with some sandpaper to rough it up, then just spray paint with black. Recommendations on gloss or satin? Brands?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

#1011 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Fellas: I'd like to paint my topper light shield black. It has some chips in the paint.

Can't help with that in particular, but I do have a good tip for you I picked up from High End Pins via their photos. Two bulb covers over the star posts on the shooter lane will protect it from further scratching that piece when the playfield is raised.

See the photo here: http://christopherhutchins.com/gallery/album362/22_G

#1012 5 years ago

ooh. those even look nice covering the top screw on the star post

#1013 5 years ago
Quoted from mot:

Can't help with that in particular, but I do have a good tip for you I picked up from High End Pins via their photos. Two bulb covers over the star posts on the shooter lane will protect it from further scratching that piece when the playfield is raised.

Interesting.

Thanks for passing it on.

#1014 5 years ago
Quoted from mot:

He has another one where he used shooter tips (those might be even better than bulb covers due to added cushion).

#1015 5 years ago

I looked at my light strip at lunch and the wear spot that's chipping is right where those posts would be.

Now just to correct the damage. Thinking sand a bit, then just a little black flat spray paint. Anyone ever spray paint that thing?

#1016 5 years ago

Looking for some advice on the snow capped mountains. I bought a new set and love the look with the caps painted white. So I practiced on the old set with some cheap white accralic and it looks like shit.

Anyone that has done this what type of paint did you use? Also, I don't have the best art skills and I'm thinking it may require an artists eye to make this look good.

#1017 5 years ago

I am having a few more issues...both VUK do not work well. The BF arch cannot kick up the ball. I changed springs, but I know I need a better sleeve. Will a new sleeve and cleaning of the linkage and possible very light oil help? Or is there something better? I have the 28-1400 or something but the coil called out in the manual. Also the lost mine...the dang thing drains perfectly! No chance at all to hit it with either flipper. Perfectly down the middle. Pitch set at 6.5 for the game.

#1018 5 years ago

I fixed this.

#1019 5 years ago
Quoted from PjM:

I fixed this.

Tell how for posterity.

#1020 5 years ago

The wire frame - arch was not true. Slightly off the guide hole. The lost mine issue, someone suggested to bend the metal so I did and that worked greatly. Just a slight bend. Cannot see it anyway. Plays great now. Fun game.

1 week later
#1021 5 years ago

Hey gang. Need a little help. Installing the boulder protector cliffy's today and noticed there are already some hairline cracks in the boulders near the screw holes. Don't want to make them worse when I tighten back down.

I have heard of other pinsiders doing small repairs with some kind of epoxy or plastic hardener. Any advice on this minor repair would be greatly appreciated!

- Brian

#1022 5 years ago

Tearing down our game right now! The most difficult thing so far was honestly tracing and labeling all the upper playfield connectors. The assembly lifted right out easily. I'm installing all Titan Competition silicone rings and post sleeves and a new boulder plastic set. Going to replace a few plastics with NOS. Really enjoying it so far as it's probably my favorite pin.

image.jpg
image-225.jpg

#1023 5 years ago

I'll be in the club tomorrow!!

#1024 5 years ago

wow, some pretty dirty ramps there!

#1025 5 years ago

Yeah it's the textbook definition of "fresh off route."

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shopping-the-dmn-wh20#post-2337099

#1026 5 years ago

I just ordered the Lh-6 ROM. I have the L4. I did not see much difference between the L4 and the L5 but there looks to be a lot of changes to the Lh-6! Is this the preferred choice with WHO2!

#1027 5 years ago
Quoted from PjM:

I just ordered the Lh-6 ROM. I have the L4. I did not see much difference between the L4 and the L5 but there looks to be a lot of changes to the Lh-6! Is this the preferred choice with WHO2!

It's the one with everything working correctly (including the bonus hold) and the cool light show after the game.

#1028 5 years ago

I only have LH-6 experience, but it definitely seems like the one.

1 week later
#1029 5 years ago

Hello Rafters,

Need some help. The screw that connects the "Insanity Falls" ramp to the playfield - bottom corner of the left inlane - is not biting. In other words, when I try to tighten down the ramp, I can't get the screw to catch and secure. Looks like it is suppose to catch into a tee nut. I have confirmed the tee nut is not spinning, as it is held down with another nut. When I take the screw out - it is a 2 inch phillips head. I am beginning to wonder if it is the wrong screw and is not long enough.

Anyone recently work on this ramp and happen to know if this is the correct screw? Could it be that it should be a 2 1/2 inch? I have found that other screws under the pf have been incorrect on my WH20..

#1030 5 years ago

Figured it out. Think it was a metric screw because it was just a hair too short. Just bought a new one and it is a little longer. Fixed the problem.

#1031 5 years ago

When the ball is in the shooter land does your ball search go off?

#1032 5 years ago

I traded away my original WH20 nearly 2 years ago and missed it quite a bit. I'm back in the club again and game will need some TLC otherwise it plays great.

16903307639_b4f9553d8b_c.jpg

It has a weird metal plate installed on the upper pf VUK. It works quite well with no ball hang ups and out of sight from the player's view. It looks way too clean to be an operator hack I think and wondering if anyone else has seen this or has same thing on their WH20?

16897372638_b2bdb4f0c9_c.jpg

#1033 5 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

When the ball is in the shooter land does your ball search go off?

Don't remember that...and that's usually beer time or heading to the fridge so I *think* I would have encountered that.

#1034 5 years ago

Yes, left a ball there (lane) many times with no search

#1035 5 years ago

mwong...
it must be an optical illusion, but your wh20 looks so much smaller than I500.

#1036 5 years ago
Quoted from PjM:

Yes, left a ball there (lane) many times with no search

So do you think maybe his shooter lane switch isn't registering?

#1037 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

So do you think maybe his shooter lane switch isn't registering?

That's what I was thinking.

#1038 5 years ago

Really, that shooter lane takes a HUGE beating with all the failed attempts at a softer plunge for the skill shot. Ball keeps rolling back onto it.

#1039 5 years ago

Yep. I'm embarrassed!
Switch was registering but not registering when the ball was resting,
All sorted now.

#1040 5 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

Yep. I'm embarrassed!
Switch was registering but not registering when the ball was resting,
All sorted now.

embarrassed?

With a tip from here you fixed it yourself.
You should be proud!!

#1041 5 years ago

So it passed the finger test, but not the ball test?

#1042 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

So it passed the finger test, but not the ball test?

#1043 5 years ago

Yea but it's been like this for 6 months........

#1044 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

mwong...
it must be an optical illusion, but your wh20 looks so much smaller than I500.

You are right and my I500 looks like a widebody compared to WH20. I will have to measure when I get home tonight to be sure.

#1045 5 years ago
Quoted from mwong168:

I traded away my original WH20 nearly 2 years ago and missed it quite a bit. I'm back in the club again and game will need some TLC otherwise it plays great.
16903307639_b4f9553d8b_c.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
It has a weird metal plate installed on the upper pf VUK. It works quite well with no ball hang ups and out of sight from the player's view. It looks way too clean to be an operator hack I think and wondering if anyone else has seen this or has same thing on their WH20?
16897372638_b2bdb4f0c9_c.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

that's an op hack plate, done well, a bit excessive but functional. Wonder just how bad the divot got before they did that.

#1046 5 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

that's an op hack plate, done well, a bit excessive but functional.

In the op world...that dude is like the Michelangelo of hacks. Probably involved hammers, chisels, plumb bobs...impressive.

#1047 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

In the op world...that dude is like the Michelangelo of hacks. Probably involved hammers, chisels, plumb bobs...impressive.

I'm just going to go ahead and say this . . . "Plumb Bob Square Pants" would be a great user name.

#1048 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

totally, its done incredibly well, but serious how bad must the damage have been that plowing out much wood was the best option?

And I guess not necessarily op, really meant non-factory, could have been private owner who did it at some point. either way a very clean job.

#1049 5 years ago

The previous owner told me my WH20 ain't going to win any beauty contests and then said BTW FYI the upper playfield has a metal plate cut into it for the VUK ball drop. At first I was like "oh crap" and since I knew the game had passed through the hands of a Quebec collector, who I won't name, but he is known to be a hack artist when it comes to fixing games. When I finally saw it in person I was like that doesn't look too bad and way too clean to be a hack done by this unnamed person

I spent the better part of an hour last night removing his awesome LED kit.

16897599490_2ccae7418d_c.jpg

I replaced most of the GI back with incandescent bulbs and left the CT blue super brights behind the RIVER stand up targets because it looks cool and doesn't wash out the game's colors. I will make some sort of shield to address the blue light bleeding on the left side there and plan on adding some lighting up the mountains behind Big Foot there.

16897376498_b98d1ae089_c.jpg

I left the inserts with LEDs for now to see how it looks and how distracting it is during game play.

#1050 5 years ago

Good god that looks so much better. I hate it when White Waters get drowned in blue.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 9.95
There are 5271 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 106.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside