Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240421_120327 (resized).jpg
20240421_120348 (resized).jpg
IMG_1106 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7186 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
White Water 12-7043 Wire.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_7687 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7686 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7694 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7678 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0736 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0732 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0737 (resized).jpeg
There are 7,832 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 157.
#951 9 years ago

My kickout sends ball to right flipper and I'm able to kick it up through the rollover, spotting a letter.

#952 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

My kickout sends ball to right flipper and I'm able to kick it up through the rollover, spotting a letter.

I can do that and live about 60% of the time. The other 40% it continues through the outlane. I've since changed strategies...

#953 9 years ago

How do you consistently hit the secret passage shot on this game? Seems like an impossible shot to me..

#954 9 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

How do you consistently hit the secret passage shot on this game? Seems like an impossible shot to me..

For me its just a lucky shot.

#955 9 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

You don't...unless you've really got it down. I tried for awhile to shoot it with the left flipper using a backhand after getting it moving from a post past...never could get it down though.

#956 9 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

For me its just a lucky shot.

I agree with this. If you were really good and consistent you could hit a slow shot up the left loop but that's crazy accuracy to do consistently.

I usually tend to hit it when I make a left loop shot that isn't all that clean. The ball gets caught up enough to slow down and can't make it all the way around the loop, then it falls down through the secret passage.

The other way it tends to happen is on multi-ball and a ball gets knocked in there either through No Way out or the left loop.

On less frequent occasions I make the shot from the right loop but that's pretty rare.

#957 9 years ago

ok....need help from fellow WH2O owners. I am running the home rom(not sure if that matters) and having issued with my Spine Chiller/Multi millions switch. In game play I hear it trigger however doesn't give credit for hitting the shot. In test mode works instantly and shows switch 46 which is correct. Haven't ever had a credit dot since doing the full restoration.....any ideas?

#958 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer22:

ok....need help from fellow WH2O owners.

Hmmm...how aboot is there a switch AFTER that? Just spitballing here, but maybe the ramp entrance switch makes the noise, but a switch after that awards it? Like if you hit the ball half way up the ramp & then it came back down, it would make the entrance sound, but not score the points?
Just a guess.

#959 9 years ago

Test switch 66. It may be the second switch in completing the ramp.

Think about it... If you get the ball up the ramp just a little past the gate, it wouldn't be fair to receive the millions, right? It should have to go all the way up the ramp.. and hit another switch. I believe TheLaw is correct.

I think the switch is 66 that probably is out or needs adjusting...may be an opto.

#960 9 years ago

You might have 2 optos plugged in to the wrong leads.
Opto 66(Left ramp main) has the same square plug in as 68(disaster drop enter).

#961 9 years ago
Quoted from bballfan:

That's probably it...will be home soon and check that out first thing. Should have thought of that but thought it tested proper but might have missed it. Thanks

#962 9 years ago

I found out this information 1st hand the hard way.

#963 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer22:

That's probably it...will be home soon and check that out first thing. Should have thought of that but thought it tested proper but might have missed it. Thanks

It's the optos at the top of the ramp (by Bigfoot) that trigger the completion of that ramp shot. check the metal bracket behind Bigfoot to make sure it's secure and not blocking the optos. After that I'd check alignment of the optos, then clean them, then check connections.

#964 9 years ago

Mine isn't working either.. I've checked all the plugs under the playfield and everything appears to be hooked up and working. How can I test the opt to see if it's bad or not?

image.jpgimage.jpg image-827.jpgimage-827.jpg
#965 9 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

How can I test the opt to see if it's bad or not?

Go into switch test, put your finger or anything betwixed the optos to see if it registers. If it doesn't, you got a bad receiver or transmitter.

#966 9 years ago

Go in switch edge test and flash a led light into the receiver (black).
If it doesn't register the switch then that is probably bad.If it registers then the transmitter might be bad.
To check the transmitter (white) look at the bulb through a camera.If it looks lit then it is good.
Also check for 12v on the grey wire side on each opto board.

#967 9 years ago

So, after seven months and a whole lot of cash...it is finally done. A few issues but overall I am pleased. This is my second one I did. First was Fish Tales and that game is played the most in my collection. Few pics.image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#968 9 years ago

People seriously like LEDs in this game? I live in incandescent heaven. You can't even see anything in the game pictured above!

2015-02-21.jpg2015-02-21.jpg

#969 9 years ago
Quoted from mot:

People seriously like LEDs in this game? I live in incandescent heaven. You can't even see anything in the game pictured above!
2015-02-21.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Cool white looks good. I think all blue is too much as well.

#970 9 years ago

Well, yes I do like the brightness of yours I really do. The picture is a little misleading because the colors are vivid and do not show the real "in person" look. I think the lenses are the best for LEDs and the above is good for incandescent. I will evaluate this, but the energy and reduced heat you cannot deny.

#971 9 years ago

LEDs look killer in wh20.

#972 9 years ago

Beautiful game PJM, congrats!

#973 9 years ago
Quoted from PjM:

So, after seven months and a whole lot of cash...it is finally done. A few issues but overall I am pleased. This is my second one I did. First was Fish Tales and that game is played the most in my collection. Few pics.image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Cabinet looks really good. Did you re-decal? I'm thinking about it but hear it is colossal work.

#974 9 years ago

Thanks. Yes, I did do new decals. Time consuming but not hard. Replaced just about everything but the wire harnesses! Just stopped playing it now. Fun game.

#975 9 years ago

If anyone wants to split a decal set w me let me know.

I just need the backbox decals.

#976 9 years ago
Quoted from mot:

Well LEDs not east to take pictures of, but I've never been a fan of painting the whole thing blue with LEDs. Most inserts work well with LEDs IMO...other than the rafting inserts for some reason.

#977 9 years ago
Quoted from PjM:

Well, yes I do like the brightness of yours I really do. The picture is a little misleading because the colors are vivid and do not show the real "in person" look. I think the lenses are the best for LEDs and the above is good for incandescent. I will evaluate this, but the energy and reduced heat you cannot deny.

I'm sure it looks much better in person as it's very hard getting good pics with LED's. I just did full LED in mine along with LED and GI OCD boards and the colors are amazing. This game is well suited for LEDs.

Just my $0.02

#978 9 years ago

Yes, all my games are led'd. I really like the colors from LEDs. I just put the blue in WH2O where water is suppose to look like image.jpgimage.jpgin the game.

#979 9 years ago
Quoted from bballfan:

Finally had time to look at this last night....fixed my issue! Thanks again!!

#980 9 years ago

Anyone use Painter's Touch deep blue spray paint to restore a white water backbox and then add new decals? Also, gloss, satin, flat??

Half tempted to do this: remove backbox. Sand. Putty dents and corners etc. Sand.. more sand and putty.. sand. Prime, then try this spray paint.

I don't have a air brush etc.

Any feedback? My white water backbox is dinged up a bit, but the cab is super nice.

#981 9 years ago

That's what I did with mine. This link will take you to pic's.

http://s804.photobucket.com/user/charliemissyou/library/

#982 9 years ago

Wow. That looks great. All with spray paint!?

Can you describe your process and the products used for backbox repairs ? What did you do about the yellow warning label?

#983 9 years ago

Yes, that is what I did also. Removed old decal, repaired all scratches, dings, dents and anything else to perfection. I took my back box to Sherwin Williams to color match. Bought a good quality paint. I have a LVHP sprayer though. Worked great. If I could ship paint I would send the extra to you. I had to get a 1/2 gallon but only used about 1/5 of the paint.

#984 9 years ago

Oh. Ok. You used a sprayer.

I was asking about a specific brand and color of spray paint in a can.

#985 9 years ago

You can rent sprayers if you are ambitious. You can also put any color paint in an aerosol can. I put multiple coats on mine. The warning decal is a stencil. I botched my stencil by putting too many yellow coats on. Just spray 2x at the max for the stencil.

#986 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Wow. That looks great. All with spray paint!?
Can you describe your process and the products used for backbox repairs ? What did you do about the yellow warning label?

Rust-Oleum Painters touch gloss Deep Blue matches perfect. I even used it to touch up a few scratches on the lower cabinet and it matched perfectly.

Rob

#987 9 years ago

Blackbeard - Previous owner of my WH20 touched up the back of backbox and front trim. It is a perfect match IMO. I cant see any transitions. He gave me the "recipe" he used pasted below:

Williams White Water
• Home Depot Evermore Latex High Gloss Enamel
Base3 (HD7113) (Quart)

E Thalo Blue (OZ) 3 (48) 31 (96) 1
KX White (OZ) 0 (48) 10 (96) 1
V Magenta (OZ) 0 (48) 5 (96) 1

#988 9 years ago

Thanks guys.

Really wanting to use painters touch.

Anyone know if it should be gloss or satin?

#989 9 years ago

I can check with another restorer on color

#990 9 years ago

Thanks.

Really wanting to use something in a can. I don't have access to a spray gun.

#991 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Thanks guys.
Really wanting to use painters touch.
Anyone know if it should be gloss or satin?

It's Rust-Oleum Painter's Touch Deep Blue Gloss.

#992 9 years ago

Guys: what are you all using for the lights around the whirlpool? Mine has blue leds installed, and they look good. Just wondering what else may look neat.

I don't think reds look good here even though it's original. What about warm white leds?

What are you guys using?

#993 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

What are you guys using?

REDs...the original color. I try to keep as much stock as possible. Using white seems like ther's no point to that.
The only thing I have diff'rent on mine is using blue for the river letters.

#994 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Guys: what are you all using for the lights around the whirlpool? Mine has blue leds installed, and they look good. Just wondering what else may look neat.
I don't think reds look good here even though it's original. What about warm white leds?
What are you guys using?

Blues. I also put two blues on the spot rivers, and river targets. New players seem to understand this setup better to advance class.

#995 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

What are you guys using?

Incandescent #555s with red bulb covers!

STOCK!

#996 9 years ago

I've got blue in the whirlpool. Also have blue flasher plastics over lost mine and back mountain flashers. Finally, have a blue condom instead of a yellow on the insanity falls shot. I agree that a lot of people go overboard with the blue led's. I'm an incandescent guy, and this (IMHO) is the perfect amount of blue.

#997 9 years ago
Quoted from Elicash:

I agree that a lot of people go overboard with the blue led's..

GI is the main culprit there no doubt.

#998 9 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

GI is the main culprit there no doubt.

All blue LED GI in White Water made me want to throw up.

#999 9 years ago

I use incandescent blues in the whirlpool (as opposed to LEDs or whites with blue rubber caps). Also, I use a blue flasher cap for the whirlpool flasher (I may have put a blue LED flasher in there too, I can't remember.)

I also use blue LEDs for the river letter and river class inserts. Looks better in my opinion.

I keep the mountain flashers red because blue there doesn't look right to me.

My GI is all incandescent at the moment but I do use blue incandescent bulbs in the rear of the game only. The soft "aqua" blue color seems to match better to my eyes. This also darkens the area around bigfoot a tad so when my spotlight mod comes on its more noticable. I may switch over to LEDs and use a GI OCD board. I won't switch to LEDs in the GI for this game without the GI OCD board because it sacrifices the dimming (and WH2O uses lots of it).

You can see pics of my game at the bottom of page 2 of this thread if intersted. I've made some changes since taking those pics but the blue incandescents are in there.

#1000 9 years ago
Quoted from mot:

All blue LED GI in White Water made me want to throw up.

Ghastly.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Asheville, NC
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 12.95
$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

7,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Montpelier, VA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,832 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 157.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whitewater-club-lifejackets-not-required/page/20 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.