New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 57710)

WHITEWATER CLUB= Lifejackets not required

By Skypilot

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5,266 posts
  • 479 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 days ago by Lhyrgoif
  • Topic is favorited by 225 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,465 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pop_area1 (resized).jpg
379B8A60-8E0E-4E96-86EA-B67BCC400F62 (resized).jpeg
20201013_184207 (resized).jpg
20201013_184727 (resized).jpg
16025890959781527975109406817687 (resized).jpg
PXL_20201006_182901023 (resized).jpg
920ABFAD-CD4A-48C4-9031-826D8B88FF94 (resized).jpeg
20200518_192741 (resized).jpg
PXL_20200927_221433962 (resized).jpg
FJIMG_20200919_234755 (resized).jpg
FJIMG_20200919_234746 (resized).jpg
FJIMG_20200919_234732 (resized).jpg
20200914_131258 (resized).jpg
DSC_1225 (resized).JPG
DSC_1222 (resized).JPG
DSC_1223 (resized).JPG

There are 5266 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 106.
#901 5 years ago
Quoted from PjM:

I am having issues with BF spotlight mod. I cannot connect the new PCB to the existing motor PCB! Not enough clearance. Also my motor board does not look like the one in their instructions. Before I call has anyone else experienced this?

Make sure you have it oriented right. If I remember right the instructions have the board upside down or reversed in some way. I can post pictures of mine installed if you still can't figure it out.

#902 5 years ago

If you could post a picture or two that would be great! Thank you.

#903 5 years ago

PJM,

Just noticed more photos of your restoration. Have never seen one with black side rails and I assume black locko down bar/hinges.. if so sounds different but looks nice.

Are you missing the "warning" label painted on the back of the head?

Also I like your eagle mod, where did that come from?

#904 5 years ago

I found a WH20 recently.

We're going to put together a new cabinet and make the interior look like this..(HEP image)

and also I would like to try to alter the speaker panels to blue if able... (HEP image)

And if I can find all the parts a little chrome bling here... (from MikeD's restoration)

50_G.sized.jpg 32_G.sized.jpg 10.jpg
#905 5 years ago

I attempted to put the warning label but failed. Pic attached. I might trying it again later. I put too much paint on! Learning curve. I got the eagle from Michael's a craft store here. I like the black but wow the blue is incredible, hind site I would do the blue. I moved the eagle and like it there. image-752.jpgimage-469.jpgimage.jpg

#906 5 years ago

Oh the warning label. Rework was not fun though, not hard but time consuming

image-843.jpg
#907 5 years ago

I am making my Wh20 restore bluer than before and it looks better.
The circle around the Ws will be added later once I find a better way to make a screen.
The ice blue leds from comet looks good in the whirlpool board.
20150219_195038.jpg20150219_195012.jpg

#908 5 years ago
Quoted from PjM:

Oh the warning label. Rework was not fun though, not hard but time consuming

I tried and failed miserably using that stencil.A screen is the way to go.

#909 5 years ago

Looks great. I just put the color DMD in, PinPro speakers a final touches and I will put the playfield back in and connect everything. Hopefully this weekend!

#910 5 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

Make sure you have it oriented right. If I remember right the instructions have the board upside down or reversed in some way. I can post pictures of mine installed if you still can't figure it out.

The picture must have the orientation of the board upside down. This took me a little while to figure out too! I just assumed it was wrong in my machine, but if others had this issue, they must have the picture upside down in their directions...

It was a bit of a tight fit with the wire harness, so I recommend plugging the two connectors onto the new spotlight board before trying to attach to the motor board.

#911 5 years ago

I Just cannot see how this is going to work! The motor is in the way.image-281.jpg

#912 5 years ago
Quoted from PjM:

I Just cannot see how this is going to work! The motor is in the way.

image-281.jpg 165 KB

Motor board is in bottom left corner of the machine with the playfield all the way up in service position. This confused me too! Not anywhere near the actual bigfoot motor in the upper pf. Board is small and rectangular. About 3x4 inches.

#913 5 years ago

Ah...Bach, I did not know that. Thank you very much.

#914 5 years ago

Once you find it, take the spotlight install directions that are in your hand and turn them upside down. The picture they give you is upside down. That is the orientation of the board in your pin with the playfield in the up service position.

#915 5 years ago

Is it normal for the Bigfoot Cave boulder to touch against the glass? It seems like a pretty tight fit on mine using a repro set of ramps so i guess they also would have given the boulder a bit more height.

#916 5 years ago

They don't hit on mine.

#917 5 years ago

mine rubs the glass when taking it off/putting it on. Never hurt anything.

#918 5 years ago
Quoted from Elicash:

Motor board is in bottom left corner of the machine with the playfield all the way up in service position. This confused me too! Not anywhere near the actual bigfoot motor in the upper pf. Board is small and rectangular. About 3x4 inches.

Yes, this! Bottom left corner of the playfield.

The picture in the installation instructions has that little board flipped 180 from how it was on both of the WH2Os I've had. Sounds like others had the same issue.

#919 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

mine rubs the glass when taking it off/putting it on. Never hurt anything.

I thought so. I am sure mine did it with original boulders/ramps too. I don't see how it could ever do damage but was just curious. I cant see how it couldn't touch the glass? That return ramp sits pretty high.

#920 5 years ago

I lost about 2 hours with that spot light mod! The instructions did say bottom left but dang...so removed from BF. That was my issue. Hope it is cool! Because $98 for $14 of parts is hard to accept.

#921 5 years ago

I am so pissed I installed new green targets for the ball lock and mine are already cracking after two weeks. Anyone have a solution to this problem. argh!!!

#922 5 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

I am so pissed I installed new green targets for the ball lock and mine are already cracking after two weeks. Anyone have a solution to this problem. argh!!!

Do you have the right flipper coils installed?

#923 5 years ago

Anyone have any extra backbox decals>?

#924 5 years ago
Quoted from gac:

I could go either way regarding the snow on the mountains or the white mountains. They both are cool in my opinion and if people like it, have at it. I'm curious, however, as to why these "mods" ever started as I don't see the connection between White Water rafting and snow!? It's sort of like converting Fish Tales to an ice fishing theme... which I don't think anyone has done yet. Just sayin.

Where do you think the water in the river came from?

#925 5 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Yes as jam said above make sure the correct coils are installed...they should not be the same.

#926 5 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

Where do you think the water in the river came from?

Umm... rivers do run with water that does not come from snow covered mountains.

#927 5 years ago

I put in a orange FL1-15411 for the left flipper, what is the 1 after FL? Does that a concern?

#928 5 years ago

15411 for left, 11629 right.

FL1-15411 Orange - Used for long playfield shots
FL1-11629 Blue - Used for long shots and high ramps

#929 5 years ago
Quoted from PjM:

I put in a orange FL1-15411 for the left flipper, what is the 1 after FL? Does that a concern?

No, that's fine. According to Marco, FL1 has quick connect connectors.

#930 5 years ago

Did WH2O come factory with 2 x 11629 coils on the lower flippers coils as printed in the manual?

Is the 15411 used as to not smash targets, boulders etc on the right hand side and is there much of a difference between the two coil strengths?

#931 5 years ago
Quoted from leatherface:

Did WH2O come factory with 2 x 11629 coils on the lower flippers coils as printed in the manual?
Is the 15411 used as to not smash targets, boulders etc on the right hand side and is there much of a difference between the two coil strengths?

It came with two different coils on the lower flippers (at least mine did). I know I've got the original coils on mine. Contrary to what you posted, the manual shows two different coils as well. I've seen quite a few WH2Os with two blue coils on the bottom flippers but they're usually beaters and I've assumed they were just incorrectly replaced.

I don't know the exact reason for it but it seems logical that they felt the left flipper didn't need the power of the right because the only obvious ramp shot is disaster drop. Every once in while I get the spine chiller from a cradled ball on the left flipper, if I hit it just right, but I'm assuming it was designed to make the spine chiller either really hard or impossible from a cradled ball on the left flipper.

#932 5 years ago

Both of my flipper coils say FL- 15411 very powerful coils.

#933 5 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Both of my flipper coils say FL- 15411 very powerful coils.

Exactly...you need to change out the right.

#934 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Exactly...you need to change out the right.

On mine, I have both lower flippers as the blue 11629 ones. I can make all the shots fine with both flippers, so I don't know if I need to change the left one to a stronger coil. The right one has trouble making the Spine Chiller ramp at times. Advice?

#935 5 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

The right one has trouble making the Spine Chiller ramp at times. Advice?

I would just make sure that coil is freshened up. check the sleeve and make sure the plunger is moving through nice and smoothly.

#936 5 years ago

The nylon bushing could be broken.

#937 5 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

On mine, I have both lower flippers as the blue 11629 ones. I can make all the shots fine with both flippers, so I don't know if I need to change the left one to a stronger coil. The right one has trouble making the Spine Chiller ramp at times. Advice?

A higher number on the coil means LESS strength (according to this anyway http://www.pinballmedic.net/coil_chart.html )

So the blue FL1-11629 coil is stronger than the orange FL1-15411. The left flipper takes the weaker orange coil. So with two blue coils, your left flipper is STRONGER than the design intends.

If you hit the shot well you sould be able to make the spine chiller pretty easily from the RIGHT (blue coil) flipper. Obviously your milage varries depending on the circumstances. But from a cradled ball on the right flipper, you shouldn't have much trouble making it up the Spine Chiller ramp as long as you aim the shot correctly. If your shots are aimed well and you're still barely making up that ramp you might look into rebuilding that flipper.

Now, from a cradled ball on the left (orange) flipper (this is the weaker flipper) it is very very hard to make the Spine Chiller shot because that flipper is weaker by design. I normally need some play on the ball to make that shot from the left flipper.

#938 5 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

But from a cradled ball on the right flipper, you shouldn't have much trouble making up the Spine Chiller as long as you aim the shot correctly. If your shots are aimed well and you're still barely making up that ramp you might look into rebuilding that flipper.
Now, from a cradled ball on the left (orange) flipper (this is the weaker flipper) it is very very hard to

Yeah there should be no issue at all with this shot at all...even on a routed beater

#939 5 years ago

I just had the best/worst game of White Water I've ever had.

I got to Wet Willy's, completed the whirlpool awards, and was at class six river on ball two, possibly with an extra ball lit (I had several). Suddenly, the VUK to the upper playfield starts sounding and kicking quite a bit. The game was obviously confused. I continued to play for a while, but the game was giving me phantom multiballs, kicking two balls into the shooter lane, and clearly having a lot of problems. On ball three, I kept making lock shots, but the game kept kicking balls out to the upper playfield, making it impossible to lock more than one. So... I didn't. I couldn't. Final score, 900+ million, but no Vacation Jackpot.

I lifted the playfield after the game, and a wire had broken off the center ball lock opto. I soldered it back on immediately and was back in action, but that one hurt.

#940 5 years ago
Quoted from mot:

but no Vacation Jackpot.

untitled.png

No Vacation Jackpot for you!!

#941 5 years ago

Damn good story MOT.

I've only been to Wet Willy's a few times, but haven't be able to reach class 6.

I love Wh20 and liken it a lot to The Shadow (more specifically completing the scarf to get to final battle). However, I give wh20 the edge as I don't care for the theme of Shadow.

#942 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

I've only been to Wet Willy's a few times, but haven't be able to reach class 6.

You running the latest home roms?

#943 5 years ago

Yeah, I believe rev 6.

It does have hold bonus which keeps class level I believe. If I don't get a hold bonus, the levels start over from ball to ball.

#944 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Yeah, I believe rev 6.
It does have hold bonus which keeps class level I believe. If I don't get a hold bonus, the levels start over from ball to ball.

I think the home rom you only have to reach level 6 once in the game...and then you're always qualified for Vacation. I believe the original Roms you had to get level 6 on the same ball. I could just be making all that up though.

#945 5 years ago

In looking at the ruleset, says that "you must reach class 6 at some point during the game".

And I think that ruleset was written based upon early revisions.

#946 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

In looking at the ruleset, says that "you must reach class 6 at some point during the game".
And I think that ruleset was written based upon early revisions.

Ah ok cool. So maybe the Home Rom switched the hold bonus to hold the River award. Shiz I don't remember anymore. <-- yes that seems to be it. I learned that by searching this thread...what a concept!

#947 5 years ago

Curious though, what's the point of holding the river award to the next ball? If you get that award once, it's good for vacation jackpot.

Maybe just for points?

#948 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Curious though, what's the point of holding the river award to the next ball? If you get that award once, it's good for vacation jackpot.
Maybe just for points?

Well it holds your progress...so if you're at River 4 & Hold, you're that much closer to Class 6

#949 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well it holds your progress...so if you're at River 4 & Hold, you're that much closer to Class 6

ahh! Gotcha.

Spectacular game. It moved up ahead of congo for my favorite in the lineup, but just by a tad!

#950 5 years ago

Blackbeard, I wonder if you should adjust your lost mine kickout. Soften it up a little. Mine is pretty consistent and really enhances ability to get to class 6. By no means easy, but sounds like yours is unreasonable hard to get to class 6.

Btw, it is a damn great game. Only game I own, but I bought one pin and one pin only and I made sure I got the one I really wanted!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 350.00
Boards
Pinball Basement
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
There are 5266 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 106.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside