New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 57710)

WHITEWATER CLUB= Lifejackets not required

By Skypilot

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5,266 posts
  • 479 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 days ago by Lhyrgoif
  • Topic is favorited by 225 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,465 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pop_area1 (resized).jpg
379B8A60-8E0E-4E96-86EA-B67BCC400F62 (resized).jpeg
20201013_184207 (resized).jpg
20201013_184727 (resized).jpg
16025890959781527975109406817687 (resized).jpg
PXL_20201006_182901023 (resized).jpg
920ABFAD-CD4A-48C4-9031-826D8B88FF94 (resized).jpeg
20200518_192741 (resized).jpg
PXL_20200927_221433962 (resized).jpg
FJIMG_20200919_234755 (resized).jpg
FJIMG_20200919_234746 (resized).jpg
FJIMG_20200919_234732 (resized).jpg
20200914_131258 (resized).jpg
DSC_1225 (resized).JPG
DSC_1222 (resized).JPG
DSC_1223 (resized).JPG

There are 5266 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 106.
#851 5 years ago

I am having some strange scoring issues:

I am awarded hazard shots for hitting the 're-light kickback' shots, is this normal? Also sometimes (not always) awarded 'boomerang bend' when I hit boulder garden or spine chiller.

Finally, every time I go into lost mine, I already have been awarded the 'flashlight'. It only takes me two times entering the mine to get the multi ball (map and key award). Is this part of the most recent software? Or maybe a glitch in my game

#852 5 years ago
Quoted from Elicash:

I am awarded hazard shots for hitting the 're-light kickback' shots, is this normal?

Finally, every time I go into lost mine, I already have been awarded the 'flashlight'...

Yes, & it's a very important feature to be aware of; unless you like hitting boomerang bend.

Pretty sure that's default setting. you can change it to no awards to start.

#854 5 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

not 100% but is it during big foot bluff or camera craze?

Hi Art - I'm pretty sure its only activated during Bigfoot Bluff

#855 5 years ago
Quoted from Elicash:

I am having some strange scoring issues:
I am awarded hazard shots for hitting the 're-light kickback' shots, is this normal?

Yep, normal. You'll also get spotted rafts and hazards by hitting the Disaster Drop ramps at times.

Quoted from Elicash:

Also sometimes (not always) awarded 'boomerang bend' when I hit boulder garden or spine chiller.

This doesn't sound right. I don't think Boomerang Bend is supposed to properly register until you hit both switches on the loop which runs behind the mountains. The ball needs to travel all the way around the loop to give you that hazard. In other words, even if the boudler garden kicked the ball up past the first switch, the hazard shouldn't register unless the ball goes all the way around the loop to the other side. Spine Chiller definiately should not spot you Boomerang Bend. Disaster Drop, on the other hand, could spot you that raft as would hitting the lite kickback targets after your lite kickback is already lit.

Quoted from Elicash:

Finally, every time I go into lost mine, I already have been awarded the 'flashlight'. It only takes me two times entering the mine to get the multi ball (map and key award). Is this part of the most recent software? Or maybe a glitch in my game

This is normal. If you want to "earn" the flashlight too then put the game in tournament mode. Then you'll need to get into the lost mine 3 times to start Goldrush.

#856 5 years ago

So, if I switch to white mountains…where do I get the bumble to replace big foot. Is it just the rudolph toy cut and made to fit? or is there a really replacement?

#857 5 years ago

I am 95% done with my restoration but I want to "trick" this thing out. I want to make this look incredible. I need your "wish I did" but did not. I will try it and let you known, but I really want to make this look incredible. Your opinion is always appreciated.

#858 5 years ago
Quoted from PjM:

I am 95% done with my restoration but I want to "trick" this thing out. I want to make this look incredible. I need your "wish I did" but did not.

I wish i didn't "trick it out."

#859 5 years ago

Ok, that's good so far.

#860 5 years ago
Quoted from PjM:

Is it just the Rudolph toy cut and made to fit?

Correct

#861 5 years ago
Quoted from PjM:

I am 95% done with my restoration but I want to "trick" this thing out. I want to make this look incredible. I need your "wish I did" but did not. I will try it and let you known, but I really want to make this look incredible. Your opinion is always appreciated.

Since you asked for opinions I will give mine:

Not a fan of the white mountains. I just don't think they match up with the color scheme in the playfield, back glass, cabinet, etc. look too out of place for me. As far as the Bumble: I think the Bigfoot is one of the coolest toys in all of pinball. Why change? Maybe I'm just a bah humbug.

My favorite "tricked out" options are a color dmd and the Bigfoot spotlight mod. The latter seems pretty basic, but once I installed, it really adds a nice effect.

Edit: Also really like the lighting mod that puts GI lights under back mountains.

#862 5 years ago

This is good stuff, I think I am leaving it more original and add a little more lights to it. I added the bear, color DMD, PinPro speakers, black powder coated on all the outside parts,stickers on the targets and Led lights. I think I am going to leave it at that for now.

#863 5 years ago
Quoted from Elicash:

My favorite "tricked out" options are a color dmd and the Bigfoot spotlight mod. The latter seems pretty basic, but once I installed, it really adds a nice effect.

Have you a pic of the board that makes it work? And a video of this in action?
I also agree about the white mountains.
Its like putting star wars toys in a sttng!

#864 5 years ago

Does anyone have the directions on the install of the lighted Bigfoot mod?

#865 5 years ago

Here they are Blackbeard.
I emailed them to you the day that you asked for them.
I guess the spam folder got it
spotlight.jpg
spotlight2.jpg
spotlight3.jpg

#866 5 years ago

On the topic of the "winterized" White Water, here is mine. Legs and stuff are white with texture, then cleared. This was a rescue, was pretty bad, missing inserts, all of the mountains were busted and such. After we got it, wife saw a pic of the "winterized one" and asked me to change it up.... Everything had to be reworked anyway, so here you go. It has a few issues I need to address, but we are happy with it. Waiting for the toppers remakes... First quarter, fingers crossed. IMG_0345.JPGIMG_0343.JPGIMG_0344.JPGIMG_0346.JPG

#867 5 years ago

#868 5 years ago
Quoted from bballfan:

Here they are Blackbeard.
I emailed them to you the day that you asked for them.
I guess the spam folder got it

spotlight.jpg 189 KB

spotlight3.jpg 190 KB

spotlight2.jpg 187 KB

Thanks. Must've gone to junk folder.

#869 5 years ago

I cannot recall, who sells the bigfoot light mod?

#870 5 years ago

I think it's on ebay? Can't remember without googling.

#871 5 years ago

Pinballlife has them

#872 5 years ago
Quoted from bballfan:

Pinballlife has them

Yes, that is where I got mine. About $100 bucks but well worth it. Pretty simple install, no soldering.

There is a decent video on line if you google it. Shows the effect.

#873 5 years ago

I agree. I think the light is a great addition.

#874 5 years ago

Thanks, I will put this light in.

#875 5 years ago
Quoted from mac622:

Are you looking for new or used? If used, I've a set of the boulders
Post edited by mac622: addition

mac622 hooked me up with one of his boulders that I needed as a replacement. The guy had the nerve to give and ship it to me for free.

Great Pinsider and even better guy-thank you mac622!

IMG_2338.JPG IMG_2339.JPG
#876 5 years ago

Has anyone tried modifying the mountains to have snow just on the peaks.... Here is a pic of Bryce Canyon....

BryceCyn1.jpg
#877 5 years ago

Interesting, I am going to try a prototype with little trees on mine. I will do this today and view for opinions.

#878 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballdork:

Has anyone tried modifying the mountains to have snow just on the peaks....

Not that I've seen. Heard a couple people saying they were going to try it but never came back

#879 5 years ago

You could use model flock for snow

#880 5 years ago

Can you alligator clip switches for power? I can do most anything to a game but I am limited on parts on the electrical side - PCB and the like.

#881 5 years ago

Trying to work some mods in. What do you think? Really value everyone ones opinions. image-199.jpgimage-250.jpgimage.jpg

#882 5 years ago

Yup, Working on mine.

Instead of all white or just the caps in the back, I have dusted and capped white the whole range.
I added blue melting water, which is actually hinted at in the plastics.
I removed the flasher domes, and in just a few minutes molded snow capped white peaks for the flashers. It integrates beautifully. New Super Flashers we will be releasing, extra strips and Op-Max..
I am having fun and I have failed more then succeeded.
I actually am pleased with the results. Completely reversible, as all this was done on an extra set of cracked and damaged mountains.

Ill have pics and video in about 2 weeks, waiting on my missing mountain, and a few other pieces
to finish...

#883 5 years ago

Sweet, yes please post your results. Love to see how it turns out.

#884 5 years ago

I cant resist sharing....crappy cell phone, but I think the beginnings are showing.....

Enlarge the pic, and note no flasher caps love the one on the left.

wh2o.jpg

#885 5 years ago

Wow, that is impressive

#886 5 years ago

This pissed me off this weekend: playing the rare 2 player game with my wife. SHE triggers the mystery prize and gets awarded the Class 6 river award!

It probably only comes up like 10% of the time. Not adjusting the settings either!

#887 5 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I cant resist sharing....crappy cell phone, but I think the beginnings are showing.....
Enlarge the pic, and note no flasher caps love the one on the left.

I really like this blend of the snow and the orange rocks... looking forward to some real pics and how you did it. (please).

#888 5 years ago

I think it looks good on the back mountain,
maybe a bit heavy on bigfoots cave tho,like icing on a cake!

#889 5 years ago

I could go either way regarding the snow on the mountains or the white mountains. They both are cool in my opinion and if people like it, have at it. I'm curious, however, as to why these "mods" ever started as I don't see the connection between white water rafting and snow!? It's sort of like converting Fish Tales to an ice fishing theme... which I don't think anyone has done yet. Just sayin.

#890 5 years ago

Shopping or restoring a White Water has proven to be a very very interesting experience. I started disassembling mine in December. New playfield, new ramps, new boulders. I've finally hit the home stretch, I think, but it's been a very interesting ride.

Doing the playfield swap (my first) went roughly as expected. I didn't have any major snags. I learned a lot and made slow progress at a steady pace. I completed the bottom of the playfield and got all three harnesses installed a week or two ago. I got the playfield back in the game and started populating the top. That was a bit of a grind for a while, until I got to the point where I started installing boulders and plastics, and the game started looking complete. All of a sudden, I'm quickly making major progress with every step, the playfield is looking packed full of stuff, and my containers with all of the hardware are really starting to run low.

And then I looked around the room... The game looks jam packed full of stuff, but I still have five more ramps and the upper playfield to install. As I was starting to dry fit ramps onto the upper playfield while it's in the game, my jaw just dropped in awe of how densely packed this game is. The rats nest of ramps is awe inspiring. That game has so much going on, and looks so amazing, my only conclusion is that Dennis Nordman must be a god!

#891 5 years ago

Nice write up.

I plan shopping mine in a few months. Just topside though. I've done a few pins who I up for the challenge.

Any issues of note to really watch out for with disassembly/reassembly?

#892 5 years ago

Nothing really comes to mind. I now know the few places where the tolerances are pretty tight, but this should really only affect you if you're doing a playfield swap or installing new ramps.

#893 5 years ago

I'm going to try to reuse all ramps by flaming except disaster drop.

#894 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Nice write up.
Any issues of note to really watch out for with disassembly/reassembly?

It's not too bad really...just gets cramped by the 2 ramps on the upper PF. Where all that meets was always the place that gave me issues. Nothing bad just annoying.

#895 5 years ago

Ah yes, Disaster Drop. Tolerances around the entrance of that ramp are tight. If you install the Mantis protectors behind the green lite-lock targets, it makes it even tighter, although they really do seem worthwhile. The ramp protectors will need to be installed after the metal ball guides and even the ramps.

#896 5 years ago

It's always the little things. I had a PITA short after I shopped mine....turns out wire snuck into the screw putting back on the upper PF. Sucks having to take everything off again after you just put it back together

WH20Short.JPG
#897 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It's always the little things. I had a PITA short after I shopped mine....turns out wire snuck into the screw putting back on the upper PF. Sucks having to take everything off again after you just put it back together

WH20Short.JPG 100 KB

How long did it take you to find that!??

Nothing beats out the moment you find a short or simple fix for a problem on a pin. Best feeling ever. (I have no kids yet)

#898 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

How long did it take you to find that!??

A long time What would happen is it would eventually blow a fuse, knocking out the chase lights. This is a classic "these 2 things aren't related but obviously are" situation.

#899 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Nothing beats out the moment you find a short or simple fix for a problem on a pin. Best feeling ever. (I have no kids yet)

Ok ok outside of my kids and of course the wife, yes best feeling ever!!!

#900 5 years ago

I am having issues with BF spotlight mod. I cannot connect the new PCB to the existing motor PCB! Not enough clearance. Also my motor board does not look like the one in their instructions. Before I call has anyone else experienced this?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
$ 99.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
There are 5266 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 106.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside