IMG_8446 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8447 (resized).jpeg
ww5 (resized).jpg
ww4 (resized).jpg
ww2 (resized).jpg
ww3 (resized).jpg
ww1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,938 posts in this topic. You are on page 159 of 159.
#7901 48 days ago

It certainly goes close to the middle but whether it goes down the drain without touching the flippers is kind of dependent on machine setup. What you can do however if your machine sends it down the middle is nudge the game as it's headed down the ramp and it should be savable that way.

#7902 48 days ago
Quoted from eb94114:

Quick question: If you don't get the skill shot on my White Water, the ball goes right around and drains STDM. Is that usual? I know the game is hard and rewarding at the same time, but I also wanted to check on this. Thanks.

Sometimes a slight change in pitch from the left/right will change the ball path enough to get a flipper on it coming down that ramp. On mine I can just get the tip of the left flipper on it, enough to keep it in play. As noted above, the latest version of the code (LH6 I think?) has a ball save. You can also try experimenting with different shooter rod springs, to get the right amount of power and control.

#7903 48 days ago

First crack at screen printing a pinball machine. Turned out perfect but that yellow is thick and impossible to clean off screens after.

IMG_8758 (resized).jpegIMG_8758 (resized).jpegIMG_8759 (resized).jpegIMG_8759 (resized).jpeg
#7904 47 days ago
Quoted from Phoerber:

Thank you buddy, I really appreciate the kind words and it was great meeting you!! Arsenal129
I will have another batch of these available in March, please PM with any interest and I will reserve yours. No deposit needed.
PS:Thanks again Pinkitten also!!!

I had a note to ping the group when more of these color displays were available and I have a summer special going: $250 shipped. Comes activated, programmed, licensed, and includes power harness. 10 minute install, super easy totally plug and play.
Here are some pics: (And YES: that is a CFTBL with WW home rom - LOL)

ww (resized).jpgww (resized).jpgww2 (resized).jpgww2 (resized).jpgww1 (resized).jpgww1 (resized).jpgww3 (resized).jpgww3 (resized).jpgww4 (resized).jpgww4 (resized).jpgww5 (resized).jpgww5 (resized).jpg

Please PM me with any interest, thanks!

Pete

#7905 47 days ago

Summer Special: Pin2DMD color display for WW - $250 shipped. Includes programming, activation/licensing, and power harness. 10 minute plug and play easy install. Pics below (and yes! that is a CFTBL with WW home rom.. LOL):

ww (resized).jpgww (resized).jpgww1 (resized).jpgww1 (resized).jpgww2 (resized).jpgww2 (resized).jpgww5 (resized).jpgww5 (resized).jpgww4 (resized).jpgww4 (resized).jpgww3 (resized).jpgww3 (resized).jpg

Please PM me with any interest & as always thanks for looking!

Pete

#7906 47 days ago
Quoted from Phoerber:

Summer Special: Pin2DMD color display for WW - $250 shipped. Includes programming, activation/licensing, and power harness. 10 minute plug and play easy install. Pics below (and yes! that is a CFTBL with WW home rom.. LOL):
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
Please PM me with any interest & as always thanks for looking!
Pete

So about $22 off the normal price with shipping, correct?

https://retrocity.com.au/products/pin2dmd?variant=43251410370793

Every little bit helps

1 week later
#7907 40 days ago

Had a realization tonight that even the most complete White Water plastics sets are incomplete

From the Parts Index:

36. .2 # 31-1726-2 [Whirlpool] Playfield Plastic [(Spare)] (1)
37. .2 # 31-1726-4 [Left Sling] Playfield Plastic [(Spare)] (1)
38. .2 # 31-1726-7 [Right Sling] Playfield Plastic [(Spare)] (1)

That being said, Planetary’s doesn’t have any extras:

https://www.planetarypinball.com/pinball-31-1726

PPSPPS

and CPR’s:

https://classicplayfields.com/shop/pinball-plastics/whitewater/

CPRCPR

While it does have both spare slings, it doesn’t have the extra Whirlpool plastic (#31-1726-2):

31-1726-231-1726-2

Just thought it interesting no one offers the full, stock set. Easy enough to complete if you wanted to, though

#7908 36 days ago

Does anyone know where I can get a skull mountain mod?

#7909 36 days ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Does anyone know where I can get a skull mountain mod?

You can find them on ebay.

ebay.com link: itm

#7910 36 days ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

You can find them on ebay.
ebay.com link: itm

Thank you Deegor!

#7911 36 days ago

What’s the general thought about the replacement boulders now a days?

I haven’t looked in many years but back then they were kind of not great — too smooth looking and color was off.

Thanks!

#7912 35 days ago
Quoted from altan:

I haven’t looked in many years but back then they were kind of not great — too smooth looking and color was off.
Thanks!

They're not the best, but they're better than cracked boulders where the light bleeds through. You probably won't even notice the color if they're all swapped out.

The only one I didn't like is the missing mountain. To me it doesn't look right. I went with the waterfall instead.

20240612_082740 (resized).jpg20240612_082740 (resized).jpg

#7913 35 days ago
Quoted from altan:

Thanks!

Best to ask for a photo of the set you're actually going to get, if you can, if color is a factor. The variety out there is pretty wide.

#7914 35 days ago
Quoted from MiniPinHead:

Best to ask for a photo of the set you're actually going to get, if you can, if color is a factor. The variety out there is pretty wide.

If not going white, are marco and planetary selling the same item (aka same manufacturer)?
Perhaps Starship and Pinball Inc both make their own versions?

#7915 35 days ago
Quoted from altan:

If not going white, are marco and planetary selling the same item (aka same manufacturer)?
Perhaps Starship and Pinball Inc both make their own versions?

I'm not familiar with who gets their boulders from which molds, but in my experience any boulders from Europe appear slightly different from stateside, as if they were produced off of a mold made from a boulder because they are a little more rounded and marshmallowy. My understanding is Starship has the original molds, so in Starship I trust or whoever has SF boulders and the best shipped price

https://www.thepinballwizard.net/playfield-parts/white-water-mountains/boulders-6-piece-set-03-8785/ had the best shipped price for boulders when I recently got a set. Marco recently did a nice sale with free shipping and 10% off boutique items.

Again, just email support for a photo of the actual set you'd get if you placed an order to make sure it doesn't come in too dark or too light. The best retailers have the best email support and shouldn't feel like a hassle for you.

#7916 35 days ago

When you make colored HIPS, every lot is close but slightly different. The same is true for the original boulders, they are not the same color from game to game. In addition, they are hand painted making every set different from the rest. I can only guarantee that my mountains are the same color throughout. I can not guarantee they match the color in your game perfectly. I am using the original Williams tool so my mountains will have the most detail of any out there and the same original shape. In the US, Planetary Pinball, Marco and Little shop of games all carry my mountains. Glad to answer any other questions.

#7917 35 days ago
Quoted from lrosent345:

When you make colored HIPS, every lot is close but slightly different. The same is true for the original boulders, they are not the same color from game to game. In addition, they are hand painted making every set different from the rest. I can only guarantee that my mountains are the same color throughout. I can not guarantee they match the color in your game perfectly. I am using the original Williams tool so my mountains will have the most detail of any out there and the same original shape. In the US, Planetary Pinball, Marco and Little shop of games all carry my mountains. Glad to answer any other questions.

Does PinballWizard.net carry your mountains?

Is there a story behind how the white mountains came into existence?

#7918 35 days ago

I don't know. I don.t sell to them but they may have gotten them from Planetary Pinball. I would ask them but can't get their landing page to load. Phone number?

There are two stories about how the white mountains came into existance, before me. I won't share them cause I would really have two very pissed off people mad at me.

#7919 35 days ago
Quoted from lrosent345:

I don't know. I don.t sell to them but they may have gotten them from Planetary Pinball. I would ask them but can't get their landing page to load. Phone number?
There are two stories about how the white mountains came into existance, before me. I won't share them cause I would really have two very pissed off people mad at me.

PM'ed

Feel free to PM me the story I'll read it intently!

#7920 35 days ago

Just talked to pinball wizard. They do not sell the white ice mountains. While Marco and LSOGs carry my ramps, only PP and I sell the ice mountains made from the original Wuilliams tool.

#7921 32 days ago
Quoted from lrosent345:

Just talked to pinball wizard. They do not sell the white ice mountains. While Marco and LSOGs carry my ramps, only PP and I sell the ice mountains made from the original Wuilliams tool.

The Starship Ice Mountains are excellent, if you like that look. I do. I like the original brown and the ice looks both. I converted mine 2-3 years ago with some blue LEDs. I even have the abominable snow monster some convert to. But I never installed him. My game already had arctic white powder coat when I bought it, so the snow mountains made sense for me.

IMG_0240 (resized).jpegIMG_0240 (resized).jpegIMG_0250 (resized).jpegIMG_0250 (resized).jpeg
#7922 30 days ago

Looking to trade a very nice GotG pre (w/topper and armor) for a WW. Cash plus or minus. I will make a tier 7 contribution. Thank you.

#7923 27 days ago

My Bigfoot was spinning slowly clockwise, noticed it about a year ago. Finally got around to look at it. Classic C2 problem on the motor board who's leaking caused a problem with resistor R1.

Here's a picture of the sad C2 I removed.

IMG_5091 (resized).jpegIMG_5091 (resized).jpeg

All is well after cleaning and reflowing R1.

-- Altan
https://www.aaarpinball.com/WhiteWater/WhiteWater.htm

#7924 26 days ago

Claimed

Offering up an original Schematics manual in very good condition.

B86693B5-B13F-4E9C-AF8D-C36439C122CC (resized).jpegB86693B5-B13F-4E9C-AF8D-C36439C122CC (resized).jpeg0AAEFB86-AD48-4277-A60D-23EC987EA487 (resized).jpeg0AAEFB86-AD48-4277-A60D-23EC987EA487 (resized).jpegC32F0A8F-3D49-480C-BB0F-173E039ADEDC (resized).jpegC32F0A8F-3D49-480C-BB0F-173E039ADEDC (resized).jpeg

IMG_20240621_093706789 (resized).jpgIMG_20240621_093706789 (resized).jpg

#7925 26 days ago

Has anyone installed the outside edge glitter decals?

#7926 25 days ago
Quoted from altan:

My Bigfoot was spinning slowly clockwise, noticed it about a year ago. Finally got around to look at it. Classic C2 problem on the motor board who's leaking caused a problem with resistor R1.
Here's a picture of the sad C2 I removed.
[quoted image]
All is well after cleaning and reflowing R1.
-- Altan
https://www.aaarpinball.com/WhiteWater/WhiteWater.htm

I wanted to follow this up with some related information.

I realized my unregulated 12VDC (TP1) was low. It was reading 12.2VDC at TP1 and it dropped all the way down to 11.39VDC when running Bigfoot test. I decided to focus on C30, which is the 15,000 uF smoothing cap for the unregulated 12VDC. After replacing C30, I measured 13.6VDC at TP1 and never dropped below 13.43VDC when running the Bigfoot test! Yeah!

There was an unexpected improvement too --- Bigfoot turns noticeably faster now.

Why did I do this? On a rare occation White Water would lose its mind. The ColorDMD troubleshooting said this is often the result of ColorDMD requiring 0.5A from unregulated 12VDC which brings the unregulated 12VDC down too far to run the optos when the 12VDC is weak on the driver board.

#7927 20 days ago
Quoted from altan:

I realized my unregulated 12VDC (TP1) was low. It was reading 12.2VDC at TP1 and it dropped all the way down to 11.39VDC when running Bigfoot test. I decided to focus on C30, which is the 15,000 uF smoothing cap for the unregulated 12VDC. After replacing C30, I measured 13.6VDC at TP1 and never dropped below 13.43VDC when running the Bigfoot test! Yeah!
There was an unexpected improvement too --- Bigfoot turns noticeably faster now.
Why did I do this? On a rare occation White Water would lose its mind. The ColorDMD troubleshooting said this is often the result of ColorDMD requiring 0.5A from unregulated 12VDC which brings the unregulated 12VDC down too far to run the optos when the 12VDC is weak on the driver board.

This is a great post - thanks for sharing altan !

#7928 20 days ago
Quoted from Phoerber:

I had a note to ping the group when more of these color displays were available and I have a summer special going: $250 shipped. Comes activated, programmed, licensed, and includes power harness. 10 minute install, super easy totally plug and play.
Here are some pics: (And YES: that is a CFTBL with WW home rom - LOL)
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
Please PM me with any interest, thanks!
Pete

Bump. 2 left and SPECIAL is LIT: $240 shipped!
PM if interested.

#7929 20 days ago
Quoted from altan:

There is another way to test for this without removing the cap. Measure the AC on the line. It should be below 12mV. If above, it's the cap.

#7930 20 days ago
Quoted from lrosent345:

There is another way to test for this without removing the cap. Measure the AC on the line. It should be below 12mV. If above, it's the cap.

Good point. I often can write "too much", so I was trying to keep it short.
I also used my cheap ESR meter in-circuit (claims you can do that, I suspect it works SOMETIMES), and it gave a terrible result both in circuit and out of circuit. For clarity, terrible means the cap was really bad.

#7931 20 days ago

I use an ESR meter alot. While not perfect, it usually helps.

#7932 18 days ago
Quoted from lrosent345:

It's not gonna last. Your plunger and link are worn down and need to be replaced.

Finally got around to do a flipper rebuild and it looks like the issue was the leaf switch. When the plunger hit the leaf switch it was going far enough that the leaf switch end was sticking on the bar that triggers it. Good news is with the rebuild all is good now.

2 weeks later
#7933 2 days ago

Hey guys. I've got my White Water on loan to a buddy. He reached out yesterday and told me that when he turned the game on, the volume was at the max. He turned it down. During gameplay, it shot right up to the max again. Turned it back down. Two minutes later, shot to the max again.
It's not a gradual increase. It shoots right to the max.
Any ideas before I head over there?
Thanks.

#7934 2 days ago
Quoted from G35R6:

Hey guys. I've got my White Water on loan to a buddy. He reached out yesterday and told me that when he turned the game on, the volume was at the max. He turned it down. During gameplay, it shot right up to the max again. Turned it back down. Two minutes later, shot to the max again.
Thanks.

This is one of those issues that instantly makes me wonder if the CPU board has suffered some acid damage from leaking batteries.

This may also be of some help: https://pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Williams_WPC#Volume_Suddenly_at_Maximum

#7935 45 hours ago
Quoted from G35R6:

Thanks.

I would the coin door buttons since they control the volume.

#7936 45 hours ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I would the coin door buttons since they control the volume.

This was my first thought too. I hope this is it because the other ideas above are a little more extensive.

#7937 21 hours ago
Quoted from G35R6:

Thanks.

It’s likely the digital pot. U5 on the MPU.

#7938 19 hours ago
Quoted from dddanielll:

It’s likely the digital pot. U5 on the MPU.

I had a couple minutes so I shot over there yesterday and played a game and had no issues with the sound.
No visual problems with the buttons. No battery acid leakage as there are no batteries on the board.

So here's the crazy thing. On Monday night, our area had tornado sirens going off. My buddy had his family move to the basement. That's when they decided to turn on the game. His daughter said that the volume jumped back up each time the room lights flickered.
No idea what's going on here now other than I think a lot more games need to be played, other than just the one I did yesterday, to determine if the problem can be repeated. The game was plugged directly to the wall without a surge protector.

Further testing needed.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Lenticular Designs

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 449.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Stockton, CA
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Sugarloaf, CO
$ 125.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 449.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Burlington, MA
$ 12.95
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
There are 7,938 posts in this topic. You are on page 159 of 159.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.