IMG_8448 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8446 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8447 (resized).jpeg
ww5 (resized).jpg
ww4 (resized).jpg
ww2 (resized).jpg
ww3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,955 posts in this topic. You are on page 158 of 160.
#7851 76 days ago

The switch matrix is much more entertaining when you take on that perspective

#7852 75 days ago
Quoted from MiniPinHead:

Great question!
Your switch edges should look like this with no ball in play:
[quoted image]

THANK YOU!!! Found the culprit, it was the Disaster Drop enter opto that was closed all the time. Cleaned it up and the Whirlpool Challenge gives again 2 balls!!

#7853 75 days ago
Quoted from LePopHumper:

THANK YOU!!! Found the culprit, it was the Disaster Drop enter opto that was closed all the time. Cleaned it up and the Whirlpool Challenge gives again 2 balls!!

Love the end result! Great job with your questions and getting the fix done.

#7854 74 days ago

You guys might be interested in this.

One of the clever guys over at our local forum has successfully reproduced a WH2O topper, including recreating the waterfall effect. I'm not aware of this being done successfully up until this point.

Check it out here: https://www.aussiearcade.com/topic/102695-white-water-pinball-topper/

#7855 74 days ago

That’s pretty Awesome!

Quoted from arolden:

One of the clever guys over at our local forum has successfully reproduced a WH2O topper, including recreating the waterfall effect. I'm not aware of this being done successfully up until this point.
Check it out here: https://www.aussiearcade.com/topic/102695-white-water-pinball-topper/

#7856 74 days ago
Quoted from arolden:

Any chance some of this can get posted on YouTube or Pinside? The videos can't be viewed if not registered. Don't want to register just for this. Pictures look really cool though!

#7857 74 days ago
Quoted from arolden:

That is awesome, lot of work, but looks very close to the original effect

#7858 74 days ago
Quoted from king_pin:

Any chance some of this can get posted on YouTube or Pinside? The videos can't be viewed if not registered. Don't want to register just for this. Pictures look really cool though!

#7859 74 days ago

Dude that looks really good!

#7860 74 days ago

Thank you and wow! Looks so good! He did a great job in this.

#7861 73 days ago
Quoted from Zartan:

That’s pretty Awesome!

Quoted from arolden:

I follow his thread too! He get a better result than original !

#7862 73 days ago
Quoted from arolden:

Puts Elmer's blue glitter glue to shame

So buy the cut out decal, put it ontop of foil, and indent away?

#7863 73 days ago

That is seriously impressive work, well done!

#7864 73 days ago

That looks great! He would sell a ton of those

#7865 73 days ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

That looks great! He would sell a ton of those

Actually he spent hundreds of hours to make it. He said that he would not run them. It's not the same process, you must make a brass embossing Matrix etc...
Maybe someone will do it because the process is now known !

#7866 73 days ago
Quoted from Jjlp:

Actually he spent hundreds of hours to make it. He said that he would not run them. It's not the same process, you must make a brass embossing Matrix etc...
Maybe someone will do it because the process is now known !

The process has been known for years. I am guessing the die would be rather expensive also.

#7867 73 days ago

The ol’ skull mountain paint match’eroo. Saving one skull mountain at a time

IMG_1712 (resized).jpegIMG_1712 (resized).jpeg
#7868 72 days ago

Nice, so what did you use to make it match?

#7869 72 days ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Nice, so what did you use to make it match?

Artistic talent, time, skill, etc.

He's modest, so just getting those out of the way for him

#7870 72 days ago
Quoted from MiniPinHead:

Artistic talent, time, skill, etc.
He's modest, so just getting those out of the way for him

You are too kind. To answer the Paint matching question. It is different with every skull mountain as each is painted a little different. I start by matching the dark brown from an existing boulder, in this case he sent me one of his factory boulders from his game, so I matched that brown using craft acrylic paint. I make a "wash" and cover the whole model, and then creatively wipe away in the high areas. Then I add back some of the highlights by dry brushing - matching the lighter hue from the existing boulder. Finally Clear coat

#7871 72 days ago

Question on playfield plastics. when I got my machine it came with a bunch of plastics. Extras on everything it looks like. I was looking at them hoping to find the missing plastic piece, but did not find one. Looking at the pieces I do have, I have a couple questions (see pic). Why are there two right side inlane plastics included in the plastic sets? Where do A, B and C go?

Thanks

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#7872 72 days ago

C goes on the Insanity Falls ramp. It keeps the ball from flying off the long ramp on the left side of the main playfield.

B also goes on Insanity Falls, but underneath the largest boulder/mountain plastic. The small hole holds a flasher.

A goes on the Big Foot Falls / Canyon ramp, also underneth the large mountain piece in the back.

You get some doubles as spares (right AND left inlanes), because the plastic sheet has the space, and so the higher cost of a new plastic sets appears justified. You might have extra signs because the boulders/mountains typically come with those already riveted on (thank you lrosent345 for this practice).

#7874 70 days ago

That’s impressive. It’s like splitting the atom, the original topper is so difficult to replicate. This looks great. Congrats.

#7875 67 days ago

Long story short, I bought a White Water years ago and put it in storage planning to get to it quickly. Only just brought it out and starting the process of bring it back to life. It's a filthy mess and needs a complete tear down.

Couple of questions I'm hoping someone can answer:

1. Can someone confirm it's only one wood screw holding in the wire form that kicks out to the upper playfield? I'm really surprised there isn't more holding it in place. At a min, I would have expected a t nut with a solid metal screw.

2. Is there any way to remove the fur on Big Foot? When I say my game is filthy, I mean filthy. He's got caked on dirt.

Thanks!
Duane

#7876 67 days ago
Quoted from TwilightZone:

Long story short, I bought a White Water years ago and put it in storage planning to get to it quickly. Only just brought it out and starting the process of bring it back to life. It's a filthy mess and needs a complete tear down.
Couple of questions I'm hoping someone can answer:
1. Can someone confirm it's only one wood screw holding in the wire form that kicks out to the upper playfield? I'm really surprised there isn't more holding it in place. At a min, I would have expected a t nut with a solid metal screw.
2. Is there any way to remove the fur on Big Foot? When I say my game is filthy, I mean filthy. He's got caked on dirt.
Thanks!
Duane

1. One wood screw into the underside of the playfield and then 2 machine screws into the vertical portion of the assembly support this piece of the mechanism

A-15926A-15926

2. No, it's glued one. Wash it with the fur attached or attach new fur. Personally, would go for warm water and dish soap. Try washing it first, then you can always do the second. Could be a lot worse than caked on dirt.

Mantis has some nice WH2O parts if you find the need: https://mantispinball.com/parts/white-water/

#7877 67 days ago
Quoted from MiniPinHead:

1. One wood screw into the underside of the playfield and then 2 machine screws into the vertical portion of the assembly support this piece of the mechanism

Thanks for clearing up the fur on big foot. I'll take him completely apart and give him a bath

For the wire form, I'm referring to the wireform that is used when the ball is kicked up from the lower to the upper playfield. Seems to be only one screw that holds it in place.

#7878 67 days ago
Quoted from TwilightZone:

Thanks for clearing up the fur on big foot. I'll take him completely apart and give him a bath
For the wire form, I'm referring to the wireform that is used when the ball is kicked up from the lower to the upper playfield. Seems to be only one screw that holds it in place. [quoted image]

Two screws on the upper playfield (one of each side of the ball path)

ScrewsScrews

ScrewsScrews

ScrewsScrews

and then that protruding metal piece coming off of the opposite end of the ramp slides in the top of the earlier referenced mech to loosely secure that end

ProtrusionProtrusion

I enjoy HotRodArcade’s work, too

#7879 66 days ago

Thanks! Unbelievable. My habit trail only has one "post" for the screw. I ran downstairs to look at it and the other must have broken clean off as I see two spots where the other would have been.

Guess I'll add that to my list of stuff to buy for my White Water.

Thanks for your help!

#7880 66 days ago

Hey Rafters, just joined the club and curious what the purpose is of the 2 posts at the shooter gauge?

wh20 (resized).jpgwh20 (resized).jpg
#7881 66 days ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Hey Rafters, just joined the club and curious what the purpose is of the 2 posts at the shooter gauge?[quoted image]

When you lift the playfield those posts rest on the back box.
Might be worth covering them with those silicon bulb covers so you don't scratch the back box.

#7882 66 days ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Hey Rafters, just joined the club...[quoted image]

Congrats!!! I know you had been looking for a while

#7883 66 days ago
Quoted from MiniPinHead:

Congrats!!! I know you had been looking for a while

Thanks, this one's pretty sweet.

#7884 66 days ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

When you lift the playfield those posts rest on the back box.
Might be worth covering them with those silicon bulb covers so you don't scratch the back box.

Good advice, thanks

#7885 66 days ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Good advice, thanks

High_End_Pins recommends post sleeves, as the bulb condoms are too thin for proper protection (oh the irony). I’d get some 7/8” post sleeves in blue:

https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=52

I think I had extra standard sleeves and needed to cut them down, so you should be good with a couple 7/8” sleeves:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/white-water-wh2o-scratch-build/page/8#post-8036135

#7886 65 days ago
Quoted from MiniPinHead:

High_End_Pins recommends post sleeves, as the bulb condoms are too thin for proper protection (oh the irony). I’d get some 7/8” post sleeves in blue:
https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=52
I think I had extra standard sleeves and needed to cut them down, so you should be good with a couple 7/8” sleeves:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/white-water-wh2o-scratch-build/page/8#post-8036135

I used shooter rod tips, They work very well and no modifications needed.

Screenshot_20240516_220531_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20240516_220531_Gallery (resized).jpg

#7887 65 days ago

Nobody responded with the reason for those posts. They are to keep an airball from getting stuck behind them.

And yes, the metal screw heads will scratch up the black panel on the backbox if they are not covered in some way.

#7888 65 days ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

I used shooter rod tips, They work very well and no modifications needed.
[quoted image]

I'll be sure to try this, thank you

Quoted from mbeardsley:

Nobody responded with the reason for those posts. They are to keep an airball from getting stuck behind them.
And yes, the metal screw heads will scratch up the black panel on the backbox if they are not covered in some way.

Good insight!

1 week later
#7889 56 days ago

Hey, last night the lower right flipper stasrted sticking in the up position. Machine on or off. Looking at the flipper mechanism the rod when fully extened locks at the end. I took the coil off the assembly and it still locks when fully extended, so not the coil/sleeve. Best plan to lossen that hex nut and pull that hinge apart? or just buy a new assembly?
T
pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg

#7890 56 days ago
Quoted from uxb666:

Hey, last night the lower right flipper stasrted sticking in the up position. Machine on or off. Looking at the flipper mechanism the rod when fully extened locks at the end. I took the coil off the assembly and it still locks when fully extended, so not the coil/sleeve. Best plan to lossen that hex nut and pull that hinge apart? or just buy a new assembly?
T
[quoted image]

Whenever I have flipper issues on older machines, I just do a flipper replacement kit. It solves all the problems and gives you a fresh flipper feel every time.

#7891 56 days ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Whenever I have flipper issues on older machines, I just do a flipper replacement kit. It solves all the problems and gives you a fresh flipper feel every time.

Was thinking that was the route to take. I seemed to have it working again without sticking. I lossened the hex nut and repositioin the rod and it stopped sticking. Will see if it lasts..
T

#7892 56 days ago

It's not gonna last. Your plunger and link are worn down and need to be replaced.

#7893 56 days ago

Worked all day to take my wh20 apart and I sanded off decals on the cab all around. Need to do the head tomorrow and bondo.

IMG_8743 (resized).jpegIMG_8743 (resized).jpegIMG_8744 (resized).jpegIMG_8744 (resized).jpegIMG_8750 (resized).jpegIMG_8750 (resized).jpeg
#7894 54 days ago
Quoted from uxb666:

[quoted image]

When I have this problem it is often that the end of the switch blade gets hung up on the edge of the trigger. Are you sure that isn't your problem? You seem to be missing the black rubber piece that is normally on the trigger. See area circled in red.

#7895 54 days ago
Quoted from beltking:

Worked all day to take my wh20 apart and I sanded off decals on the cab all around. Need to do the head tomorrow and bondo.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Love shop out photos. Thank you for sharing

Quoted from uxb666:

Was thinking that was the route to take. I seemed to have it working again without sticking. I lossened the hex nut and repositioin the rod and it stopped sticking. Will see if it lasts..
T

It is time: https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-flipper-rebuild-kit-021992-to-041993.html

#7896 54 days ago

Could someone post a picture of what hardware is normally supporting the ramp here? Thx!

IMG_4784 (resized).jpegIMG_4784 (resized).jpeg
#7899 52 days ago

Quick question: If you don't get the skill shot on my White Water, the ball goes right around and drains STDM. Is that usual? I know the game is hard and rewarding at the same time, but I also wanted to check on this. Thanks.

#7900 52 days ago

Yes, quite often. At least there's a ball save.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Burlington, MA
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 125.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 12.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 449.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Lenticular Designs

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

14,600 (OBO)
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nampa, ID
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,955 posts in this topic. You are on page 158 of 160.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.