New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 57710)

WHITEWATER CLUB= Lifejackets not required

By Skypilot

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5,266 posts
  • 479 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 days ago by Lhyrgoif
  • Topic is favorited by 225 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,465 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pop_area1 (resized).jpg
379B8A60-8E0E-4E96-86EA-B67BCC400F62 (resized).jpeg
20201013_184207 (resized).jpg
20201013_184727 (resized).jpg
16025890959781527975109406817687 (resized).jpg
PXL_20201006_182901023 (resized).jpg
920ABFAD-CD4A-48C4-9031-826D8B88FF94 (resized).jpeg
20200518_192741 (resized).jpg
PXL_20200927_221433962 (resized).jpg
FJIMG_20200919_234755 (resized).jpg
FJIMG_20200919_234746 (resized).jpg
FJIMG_20200919_234732 (resized).jpg
20200914_131258 (resized).jpg
DSC_1225 (resized).JPG
DSC_1222 (resized).JPG
DSC_1223 (resized).JPG

There are 5266 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 106.
#701 5 years ago

Only pic so far. She's still in my jeep image.jpg

#702 5 years ago

See, didn't take too long to find one

#703 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Only pic so far. She's still in my jeep

Sjeesh, still in the Jeep ?

I now question your motivation and dedication, Sir !!

#704 5 years ago

Need my pinball minions to help me move it tonight!!

#705 5 years ago

Congrats, your gonna love it.

#706 5 years ago
Quoted from tp:

Congrats, your gonna love it.

Thanks buddy. I guess I will stop pestering you for yours now.

#707 5 years ago

When I replaced the old ramps the whirlpool added an extra three to four seconds from spinning in the whirlpool. The subway ramp under should only take about two seconds from exiting the whirlpool. I would check to see if a screw is loose under playfield that is reducing the decline.

#708 5 years ago

So not having the pin set up yet, I am having a hard time understand.

You're saying that the whirlpool ramp is connected together with the subway, and the subway should pull the whirlpool ramp down a bit.

I guess I'm not following..

#709 5 years ago

The whirlpool isn't connected it just drops down onto the subway ramp. Should take about two seconds to kick out from lost mine after falling. Mine was not secured on one side and ended up being level. Once I tightened the left screw the angle fixed this issue. Some stuff was unsecured after bringing mine home.

#710 5 years ago

I see. We may have different issues Industen.

The issue I saw in mine while at the seller's house was that the ball spun in the whirlpool a little bit too long as compared to most wh20 I've seen. In other words, the ball didn't get into the subway ramp fast enough.

I saw this mentioned on a posting somewhere.

#711 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

I see. We may have different issues Industen.
The issue I saw in mine while at the seller's house was that the ball spun in the whirlpool a little bit too long as compared to most wh20 I've seen. In other words, the ball didn't get into the subway ramp fast enough.
I saw this mentioned on a posting somewhere.

Just make sure you're carefull if you have to remove the Whirlpool light board, the subway, and the opto down there. First, take pictures before you take the stuff apart. Second, make sure the spacers are all there for the screws when you reassemble and that you have the right screws. Third, make damn sure the spacers are all in place and that you have the right screws before you reassemble.

I've seen multiple Whitewaters with spots around the whirlpool playfield art where screws have come up through the playfield art from below because people either forgot to put a spacer back in or they put the wrong screw length in when reassembling that area. That's the one playfield area on mine and it pisses me off every time I see it (thankfully no ball travel in that area and it's mostly obscured/hidden by the whirlpool, still though, effing savages with their wood screws).

#712 5 years ago

If he shopped it out at one time he may have not put the ramps on correct. They could be seated a little bit high. When you tear it down it should resolve this problem. My dirty ramps spun less then the new ones. I do not think three to five seconds is a lot...more then that may be the ramp positioning or level.

#713 5 years ago

I have a new whirlpool ramp available. Trade it for some leds, or some cold hard cash, or maybe flipper rebuild kit williams/sega. Lmk. edit; bunch of interest in ramp, not sure if it's repro or nos....also don't know what it's worth as I didn't buy it. How about a trade, ramp for a wh20 mod..I have missing mtn.

#714 5 years ago

Up and running!

image-159.jpgimage.jpg

#715 5 years ago

looks nice! welcome to wet willy's!!!!!

#716 5 years ago

Thanks.

Damn thing wouldn't turn on. Thought it was still
Cold from an overnight in the jeep. Turned out it was the three prong adapter! Lol

#718 5 years ago

I am doing a total WH20 restoration. Any cool mod or suggestions while it is easy to do?image-892.jpgimage-319.jpgimage.jpg

#719 5 years ago

The skull mountain mod is really well done. Eyes light up when you lock a ball.

#720 5 years ago

Thanks, I will look in to that.

#721 5 years ago

Fellas: noticing the switch under the mountains near Bigfoot (canyon main #57) isn't registering most of the time. This switch is the one that makes the furry beast spin his head and growl.

My question: as its under the back mountains, is it just a matter of unscrewing a few screws to lift off the mountains to get to that switch to either adjust or replace?

Thanks

Great game!

#722 5 years ago

Yes, only three screws onto the back panel.
You can lift it off.

#723 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Fellas: noticing the switch under the mountains near Bigfoot (canyon main #57) isn't registering most of the time. This switch is the one that makes the furry beast spin his head and growl.
My question: as its under the back mountains, is it just a matter of unscrewing a few screws to lift off the mountains to get to that switch to either adjust or replace?
Thanks
Great game!

Yep, just remove the back mountains and it's right there. That area should have a clear plastic kidney shaped ramp cover with three screws and three black spacers. The last spacer should be replaced with a significantly shorter one. This will prevent the ball from hitting the microswitch and eventually breaking your ramp where the microswitch is screwed in.

Pinball Decals MAY make an alternative fix. I'm not 100% sure on this but I believe their "Bigfoot Bluffs Ramp Cover" is designed to cover the whole area so the ball never hits the switch and doesn't require the spacer trick I mentioned above. If you go this route doublecheck with them first. http://www.pinballdecals.com/PartsByGamePages/WhiteWater_Page.html

#724 5 years ago

By the way, that LED job on the translate looks pretty good. Do you mind posting a pic of the backbox with the translite removed so we can see what bulbs are in there? If I can ever get around to installing my GI OCD I'm going to LED my backbox as well.

#725 5 years ago

Sure. Leds look mostly cointaker.

Sorry for the quality
image-391.jpgimage.jpg

#726 5 years ago

This was in the Baggie with the pin:

I think it's the same as pinball decals.
image.jpg

#727 5 years ago

Another opinion question : the waterfall effect is amazing on the topper. I do t have the clear dome and was planning on buying it. Does it cloud the effect? It's so prominent without the dome installed.

#728 5 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

Yep, just remove the back mountains and it's right there. That area should have a clear plastic kidney shaped ramp cover with three screws and three black spacers. The last spacer should be replaced with a significantly shorter one. This will prevent the ball from hitting the microswitch and eventually breaking your ramp where the microswitch is screwed in.
Pinball Decals MAY make an alternative fix. I'm not 100% sure on this but I believe their "Bigfoot Bluffs Ramp Cover" is designed to cover the whole area so the ball never hits the switch and doesn't require the spacer trick I mentioned above. If you go this route doublecheck with them first. http://www.pinballdecals.com/PartsByGamePages/WhiteWater_Page.html

I posted this years ago when I got my WH2O. It was something I read about on some geocities or some other weird blog. The site is no longer there, but the guy was smart. I made many tweaks based off his recommendations and the one you mentioned is #1 as that bracket takes a beating if you don't adjust the third spacer.

I had made a video a couple years ago on what needs to be done:

#729 5 years ago
Quoted from PjM:

I am doing a total WH20 restoration. Any cool mod or suggestions while it is easy to do?

The color DMD is well worth it. It is amazing the graphics and things you miss when you are living in all orange.

#730 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

This was in the Baggie with the pin:
I think it's the same as pinball decals.

image.jpg 101 KB

That looks like it to me. Let us know if it fits/works. Judremy's method is first method I was referring to and it's the cheaper, more practical approach, but it does require you to find a new spacer (cut down your old spacer) and it does bend that plastic piece. That's the method I've always used and it works perfectly but the "Ramp Cover" you have there seems more user friendly and perhaps less invasive.

#731 5 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

I posted this years ago when I got my WH2O. It was something I read about on some geocities or some other weird blog. The site is no longer there, but the guy was smart. I made many tweaks based off his recommendations and the one you mentioned is #1 as that bracket takes a beating if you don't adjust the third spacer.
I had made a video a couple years ago on what needs to be done:
ยป YouTube video

You're the person who I learned the mod from. Thanks!

#732 5 years ago

I have the color dmd in mine, is there suppose to be orange in it still? When my score shows in big numbers it's always orange and a couple other things are always orange as well.

#733 5 years ago

I don't know if you'd call it a mod.. but for sure installing all the cliffy/plastic/Stern cabinet protectors..

#734 5 years ago
Quoted from tp:

I have the color dmd in mine, is there suppose to be orange in it still? When my score shows in big numbers it's always orange and a couple other things are always orange as well.

Yep

Quoted from MAJRob:

The color DMD is well worth it. It is amazing the graphics and things you miss when you are living in all orange.

For sure.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wh20-color-dmd-redux-warning-credit-dot

#735 5 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

That looks like it to me. Let us know if it fits/works. Judremy's method is first method I was referring to and it's the cheaper, more practical approach, but it does require you to find a new spacer (cut down your old spacer) and it does bend that plastic piece. That's the method I've always used and it works perfectly but the "Ramp Cover" you have there seems more user friendly and perhaps less invasive.

I used a small rubber ring as the spacer. It doesn't do much but tell you when you have screwed it down far enough. No support from it.

#736 5 years ago

I'm fearing tonight when I get home and remove that mountain, I'll see the switch is cracked off the ramp some how. Ugh. Hope this isn't the case.

I could get my finger in there to test it, and the switch was just intermittent.. but felt tight to it's base (ramp).

#737 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

I'm fearing tonight when I get home and remove that mountain, I'll see the switch is cracked off the ramp some how. Ugh. Hope this isn't the case.

That's a flaky switch for sure. It sits right under the mountain(t)s and can be badgered pretty easily. Often it happens from putting the Mountain(t)s back on, which can push the contacts down/together making a poor connection.

I wouldn't be too worried aboot it. Besides, not often you get a WH20 and not replace 1 ramp.

#738 5 years ago

Thanks for the vote of confidence. It seemed attached well, just flaky. Ordered a new one this morning, along with a few other parts just in case I can't adjust it correctly.

#739 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Thanks for the vote of confidence. It seemed attached well, just flaky.

It's the 2nd most problematic switch in the game for me. The first being the goddamn insanity falls switch. It will probably never give you any issues, but when it does, it's really hard to get to it. PF down, or up, it's juuuuust out of reach.

#740 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Another opinion question : the waterfall effect is amazing on the topper. I do t have the clear dome and was planning on buying it. Does it cloud the effect? It's so prominent without the dome installed.

If you have nice clean, clear dome it does not lessen the waterfall effect. That WH2O topper decal is not replaceable at the moment, so if nothing else get the dome to protect it.

Rob

#741 5 years ago

I always have to adjust the Disaster Drop switch. Sometimes the ball get stuck on it if it passes s l o w l y.

#742 5 years ago
Quoted from netminda:

If you have nice clean, clear dome it does not lessen the waterfall effect. That WH2O topper decal is not replaceable at the moment, so if nothing else get the dome to protect it.
Rob

The decal is replaceable, as long as your foil is in good shape in the water areas.

#743 5 years ago

Popped off the mountains (2 screws, that's it!!) and the switch was fine. Just needed a bit of adjusting).

Bigfoot is now turning and laughing at me everytime I sink a whirlpool shot. Damn great game. Got to Willy's last night. Set high score, which wasn't very high, but good for me.

Really thinking about a new set of ramps. Think it's a total keeper.

#744 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Popped off the mountains (2 screws, that's it!!) and the switch was fine. Just needed a bit of adjusting).
Bigfoot is now turning and laughing at me everytime I sink a whirlpool shot. Damn great game. Got to Willy's last night. Set high score, which wasn't very high, but good for me.
Really thinking about a new set of ramps. Think it's a total keeper.

I would try flame polishing before spending money on new ramps. I did mine and was amazed how clear they are now.

#745 5 years ago

AM thinking about that too. I need to get a junk ramp to practice on first, but it doesn't look difficult at all.

#746 5 years ago

Did you just use new decals? Or did you flame around them?

#747 5 years ago

You will need to remove the decals and thoroughly clean the ramp.
I recommend just buying a new decal set if they are available.
You can reuse the old ones but will need some transfer tape and will need to remove the old adhesive with goo gone.
I think a new set is under $50.

#748 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

AM thinking about that too. I need to get a junk ramp to practice on first, but it doesn't look difficult at all.

Naw you don't need any practice...it really isn't tough at all. You'll see the ramp change and you'll know when to stop

#749 5 years ago

So basically the process would be something like this:

1. remove decals
2. clean ramp thoroughly with simple green .. (something non flammable I'd think) or the dishwasher.
3. flame on
4. reapply new decals

#750 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

So basically the process would be something like this:

1. remove decals
2. clean ramp thoroughly with simple green .. (something non flammable I'd think) or the dishwasher.
3. flame on
4. reapply new decals

That's right.

On the game, I got, every single one of the 7 ramps was cracked somewhere. Flame polishing was not a viable option for me.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Mesa, AZ
$ 11.00
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
There are 5266 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 106.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside