• 630 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 days ago by MiniPinHead
  • Topic is favorited by 298 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
White Water 12-7043 Wire.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_7687 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7686 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7694 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7678 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0736 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0732 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0737 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6165 (resized).png
IMG_1689 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0518 (resized).jpeg
Pic (resized).jpg
IMG_2208 (resized).jpeg
There are 7,815 posts in this topic. You are on page 148 of 157.
#7351 11 months ago

SEE POST #1554 FOR A FUR SOLUTION

#7352 11 months ago
Quoted from zerbam:

SEE POST #1554 FOR A FUR SOLUTION

Wow thank you so much for that post number to look back on for yeti hair replacement! I found a squirrel toy online but not too sure if it was the one he used for the yeti hair or not, looks kinda similar, anyone know? Fifty

Screenshot_20230508-103752_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230508-103752_Chrome (resized).jpg
#7353 11 months ago

As cool as that is, if I were to replace the fur on my bigfoot, I would replace it with something that more closely matches the colors of the boulders.

That was the original idea, that when facing away, Bigfoot would look like just another boulder, but then he turns around, and "surprise" it's a Bigfoot!

Unfortunately, the boulders (especially the repro boulders) turned out lighter than expected (especially when lit from below), and therefore Bigfoot wasn't hidden quite so well.

#7354 11 months ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

As cool as that is, if I were to replace the fur on my bigfoot, I would replace it with something that more closely matches the colors of the boulders.
That was the original idea, that when facing away, Bigfoot would look like just another boulder, but then he turns around, and "surprise" it's a Bigfoot!
Unfortunately, the boulders (especially the repro boulders) turned out lighter than expected (especially when lit from below), and therefore Bigfoot wasn't hidden quite so well.

Interesting.. I have the original boulders on mine and the bigfoot seems to still stand out fairly well as is, just need hair for his head!

#7355 11 months ago

Hello,I was wondering what a excellent copy of this pin is currently selling for??? Thanks!

#7356 11 months ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Hello,I was wondering what a excellent copy of this pin is currently selling for??? Thanks!

8k - 8.3k in the current market, if your talking EXCELLENT copy ive seen them go from 10k-13k. If you snagged one back in 2014 they were 2.7k-3k !
Screenshot_20230508-172008_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230508-172008_Chrome (resized).jpg

#7357 11 months ago

Hey all, I'm working on a WH2O on location. The VUK is totally borked. It can never get a ball out when there's more than one in the lock. This was initially an intermittent issue, so I replaced the coil sleeve, tightened everything up and replaced a missing screw. After this, the issue got even worse. Now I'm trying, to no avail, to bend the VUK back and forth to see if there's a sweet spot, but I just can't get it. The coil is correct, everything looks about the same as on my WH2O at home, I'm just not sure what else to try at this point.

#7358 11 months ago
Quoted from mystman12:

Hey all, I'm working on a WH2O on location. The VUK is totally borked. It can never get a ball out when there's more than one in the lock. This was initially an intermittent issue, so I replaced the coil sleeve, tightened everything up and replaced a missing screw. After this, the issue got even worse. Now I'm trying, to no avail, to bend the VUK back and forth to see if there's a sweet spot, but I just can't get it. The coil is correct, everything looks about the same as on my WH2O at home, I'm just not sure what else to try at this point.

Make sure the inside plunger that the ball sits on has all four tabs to make an even "bowl". If one fin is missing it pushes the ball up uneven

#7359 11 months ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Make sure the inside plunger that the ball sits on has all four tabs to make an even "bowl". If one fin is missing it pushes the ball up uneven

Hmm, they're a little worn at the tips, but none of them have broken off.

PXL_20230510_002141930 (resized).jpgPXL_20230510_002141930 (resized).jpg

PXL_20230510_002344776 (resized).jpgPXL_20230510_002344776 (resized).jpg
#7360 11 months ago
Quoted from mystman12:

Hmm, they're a little worn at the tips, but none of them have broken off.
[quoted image]

Those look ok from that angle, mine had one chipped right off and had the same symptoms you are having

Looking at that pic, I would try to loosen the mount screw for the wireforms and push it back a bit to make sure the circular wire opening is centered over the cup. It may be a little too far towards the front of the game?

#7361 11 months ago

Woo, okay, finally got after continuing to make fine adjustments to the VUK angle. Had no idea this could be so sensitive!

#7362 11 months ago
Quoted from mystman12:

Woo, okay, finally got after continuing to make fine adjustments to the VUK angle. Had no idea this could be so sensitive!

Awesome!

#7363 11 months ago

Well crap, this just went from a happy ending to a nightmare.

Once I got the VUK working consistently I started a test game and noticed the upper right flipper was chattering. It wasn't doing that before. I figured there was probably just a bad solder joint and that the coil wasn't getting hold power. I made some attempts to redo the solder on the coil but it didn't seem to be making much difference. Unfortunately I hadn't brought my good soldering supplies so I had to work with what was on sight.

Well I make another attempt to redo the solder, turn the game on, and this time all the VUKs start firing. Crap. Game thinks all the switches are open. Display shows a ground error for switch row 1 but none of the switches are working, not even the diagnostic switches so I can't even open the operator menu.

This isn't too unfamiliar to me. Something similar happened on my own WH2O a few weeks after purchasing it, albeit the diagnostic switches still worked. Ended up needing to send the CPU in for repairs as a chip had blown. Hoping that's not the case here...

Anyone have any recommendations on how I should start tackling this?

#7364 11 months ago
Quoted from mystman12:

Well crap, this just went from a happy ending to a nightmare.
Once I got the VUK working consistently I started a test game and noticed the upper right flipper was chattering. It wasn't doing that before. I figured there was probably just a bad solder joint and that the coil wasn't getting hold power. I made some attempts to redo the solder on the coil but it didn't seem to be making much difference. Unfortunately I hadn't brought my good soldering supplies so I had to work with what was on sight.
Well I make another attempt to redo the solder, turn the game on, and this time all the VUKs start firing. Crap. Game thinks all the switches are open. Display shows a ground error for switch row 1 but none of the switches are working, not even the diagnostic switches so I can't even open the operator menu.
This isn't too unfamiliar to me. Something similar happened on my own WH2O a few weeks after purchasing it, albeit the diagnostic switches still worked. Ended up needing to send the CPU in for repairs as a chip had blown. Hoping that's not the case here...
Anyone have any recommendations on how I should start tackling this?

Is the holding wire on the coil (thin red wire) cut anywhere?

#7365 11 months ago

I would like to use 3/32, or 0.09" stainless steel and this wire bending jig (https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/77-8593) to make the 12-7051 (wire-boulder garden) and 12-7052 (wire-boomerang) wireform (wire form) ball guides (please see photo). Is anyone willing to please measure the different lengths of each section of these guides?

Thank you!

Pic (resized).jpgPic (resized).jpg
#7367 11 months ago

Greetings Everyone,

I recenelty picked up a White Water and was seeing if anyone had some insight on the minor problems I've been having. For starters Switch 46 Left Ramp, 54 Lower Jet, 55 Right Jet, 58 Big Foot Cave, and F3 L Flipper E.O.S are showing up as errors on startup, other than that I'm getting no errors. I'm not sure if any of these switch errors play any part to my current issues.

Water Flipper Sound When Flipping
- I've noticed on a number of White Waters I've played in the wild had the same issue, when you flip either flipper it often times make the water wave crashing sound. Not too sure how to fix this issue, it seems to happen with both flippers.

Ball stuck in Mine During Multiball
- I've also seen this a few times on machines in the wild where a ball gets stuck in the mineshaft during multiball and also the 2 ball Whirlpool multiball.

My Big Problem is when I light the top whirlpool Red shot, it gets started when I hit the center shot and other times randomly started. Not sure if this is related to the broken switches or not.

Last question is a little off topic from the rest, my rafts are mismatched color and I will be replacing them but was curious to if when you replace LED lights do you color match them to the insert or keep them white and let the color insert do the work. This White Water I now have seems to be a mix of both, the rafts have orange LEDs and White ones. I was planning on using all Yellow LEDS for them instead of the mix batch they are now. I've done color matching in the past on other machines, but was unsure if most collectors keep the white bulb or color match.

I've added a short video and pictures to help add on to my issues. I apprecaite any feedback look forward to hearing from you guys soon.

Switch_Errors (resized).pngSwitch_Errors (resized).png
#7368 11 months ago
Quoted from Kingjowjow:

Greetings Everyone,
I recenelty picked up a White Water and was seeing if anyone had some insight on the minor problems I've been having. For starters Switch 46 Left Ramp, 54 Lower Jet, 55 Right Jet, 58 Big Foot Cave, and F3 L Flipper E.O.S are showing up as errors on startup, other than that I'm getting no errors. I'm not sure if any of these switch errors play any part to my current issues.
Water Flipper Sound When Flipping[quoted image]

Sounds like you have a bad (or mis-wired) diode somewhere. Maybe at the Extra Ball target (intersection of column 5 and row 4). I suggest putting it in test mode and trip each switch individually to see if other switches are registering. A pattern should emerge....

That could also be the cause of your canyon entrance switch problem.

#7369 11 months ago
Quoted from EStroh:

Sounds like you have a bad (or mis-wired) diode somewhere. Maybe at the Extra Ball target (intersection of column 5 and row 4). I suggest putting it in test mode and trip each switch individually to see if other switches are registering. A pattern should emerge....
That could also be the cause of your canyon entrance switch problem.

Thanks for the reply! What makes you feel it's the extra ball diode? I'm wondering if I fix all the bad switches the issues would be solved ?

#7370 11 months ago

Was anyone lucky enough to get one of these before stock ran out?
Did they match nicely.
I have a small area of wear that this would seem to be perfect for.
Seems like such an easy item to re-run.

*EDIT* I see now some pages back this was already discussed and apparently the quality was not great.

05A7339A-9C70-4767-B6C7-7BC83CEC1284 (resized).jpeg05A7339A-9C70-4767-B6C7-7BC83CEC1284 (resized).jpeg

#7371 11 months ago
Quoted from Kingjowjow:

Thanks for the reply! What makes you feel it's the extra ball diode? I'm wondering if I fix all the bad switches the issues would be solved ?

If there are a lot of switches out all at once, that suggests a problem in the switch matrix. The only one that would commonly throw an error is #58, since it isn't activated in game play very often.

#7372 11 months ago
Quoted from EStroh:

If there are a lot of switches out all at once, that suggests a problem in the switch matrix. The only one that would commonly throw an error is #58, since it isn't activated in game play very often.

Thank you, could fixing #58 make the other switch errors go away? I'll take a look at it today, the left ramp switch is bad I belive on its own and may be separate from the others. Hopefully fixing #58 will stop the random whirlpool award from starting.

#7373 11 months ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Was anyone lucky enough to get one of these before stock ran out?
Did they match nicely.
I have a small area of wear that this would seem to be perfect for.
Seems like such an easy item to re-run.
*EDIT* I see now some pages back this was already discussed and apparently the quality was not great.
[quoted image]

It’s not a perfect solution and often isn’t a color match. Here’s a pic of the last one in stock my friend bought a few months ago. Not a great match, but it covers any wear. I suggest adding a larger piece of mylar over the decal to prevent wear. I would try to print a decal using a high-def image of the playfield, or someone can take a pic of that area to be printed. I think my pf is intact with no wear there. I’ll take a few pics of that area and share.

F9E0D473-7E7F-4DC0-99B5-FCD9DD01B8C3 (resized).pngF9E0D473-7E7F-4DC0-99B5-FCD9DD01B8C3 (resized).png
#7374 11 months ago

I have a sweet deal for someone.

Does anyone want to buy the brown boulders from Starship Fantasy and send them to me? In return, I'll send them the white/blue boulders from Starship Fantasy (brand new, unused) AND the white/blue Skull Mountain mod (brand new, unused). The catch is you cover shipping cost for the boulders from me to you and I'll cover Starship Fantasy shipping (full disclosure: I'm already buying a ramp from them and this wouldn't change much for my cost). Could be a great deal for someone if they wanted the white set AND the skull mod (skull mod would essentiall be free for you)

Thank you for considering. Felt like this isn't worthy of a market ad, but please forgive me if you do

#7375 11 months ago

Hi there. I just acquired my WH2O this week and am cleaning up the playfield. The “Boulder Garden” Boulder has been massacred and needs replacement. I found a replacement from a UK site called Pinball Center. I am wondering if anyone has ordered a repro boulder from them and whether the repro is a close match color wise to the originals. Thanks.

#7376 11 months ago
Quoted from Arsenal129:

Hi there. I just acquired my WH2O this week and am cleaning up the playfield. The “Boulder Garden” Boulder has been massacred and needs replacement. I found a replacement from a UK site called Pinball Center. I am wondering if anyone has ordered a repro boulder from them and whether the repro is a close match color wise to the originals. Thanks.

It's in Germany, not in the UK. Colors are far from the original.

20230215_171231 (resized).jpg20230215_171231 (resized).jpg
#7377 11 months ago

Thanks Davi.

#7378 11 months ago

Agreed. I bought one from Pinball Center. The shape is fine, nearly identical. But the color is very different. But, you can repaint and try different shades of brown until you match. If you are in Canada you can order from them. USA is another story.

#7379 11 months ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Agreed. I bought one from Pinball Center. The shape is fine, nearly identical. But the color is very different. But, you can repaint and try different shades of brown until you match. If you are in Canada you can order from them. USA is another story.

I had good luck with furniture/hardwood floor touch up markers.

#7380 11 months ago

Thank you. I am gonna order one and will match up the color with paint and or furniture stain. This seems to be the only/best option.

#7381 11 months ago
Quoted from Arsenal129:

Thank you. I am gonna order one and will match up the color with paint and or furniture stain. This seems to be the only/best option.

Not to discourage you, but the Pinball Center ones are really thin and might not survive many ball hits.

After procuring a Pinball Center pair, I ended up buying a full set of the Starship Fantasy ones and they seem a lot more durable. Plus they all match in color.

#7382 11 months ago
Quoted from EEE:

Not to discourage you, but the Pinball Center ones are really thin and might not survive many ball hits.
After procuring a Pinball Center pair, I ended up buying a full set of the Starship Fantasy ones and they seem a lot more durable. Plus they all match in color.

I bought the Starship Fantasy boulders as well. Very durable and the the color looks good.

#7383 11 months ago

Has anyone used Comet’s Color Lens Indicator Lamps in the Insanity Falls / Whirlpool sign? Anyone use any color other than red or yellow? Just curious if you have any photos showing off the color of these lamps

https://www.cometpinball.com/products/colored-lens-indicator-lamps?variant=39328110706790

Also, I’m pretty sure there was someone here who did this, but I forget. Someone said something logical to move from stock colors, but I need a reminder

#7384 11 months ago
Quoted from MiniPinHead:

Has anyone used Comet’s Color Lens Indicator Lamps in the Insanity Falls / Whirlpool sign? Anyone use any color other than red or yellow?

Yes, I have them in all 12 of my pins, I only use the correct colors for the bulb position, except I am not using them in the WH20 whirlpool because I think they look better white when not lit, and blue when they are. But between all my games, I have every color they make. They look and work fantastic!

#7385 11 months ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Yes, I have them in all 12 of my pins, I only use the correct colors for the bulb position, except I am not using them in the WH20 whirlpool because I think they look better white when not lit, and blue when they are. But between all my games, I have every color they make. They look and work fantastic!

Thank you! Do you happen to have a photo of the red and yellow in your WH2O sign?

#7386 11 months ago
Quoted from MiniPinHead:

Anyone use any color other than red or yellow?

I use blue and white for the upper playfield ramp sign.

D53689F0-3744-4148-932D-E6D406EA66A7 (resized).pngD53689F0-3744-4148-932D-E6D406EA66A7 (resized).png
#7387 11 months ago

I've posted in the generic tech forum with some good replys but still having some issues with my White Water, was hoping fellow owners could help me out with some leads to my problems. I've tested the switches with a meter and all seems okay not sure what's going on, any help is much appreciated!

- The splashing sound that keeps occuring randomly when I flip, I can't seem to figure out why.

- Whirlpool award starts after it is active randomly.

- Right Sling switches do not work.

-Still showing switch errors
Switch 54 Lower Jet Area
Switch 55 Lower Jet Area
Switch F3 L. Flipper E.O.S. Lower Jet Area

#7388 11 months ago
Quoted from MiniPinHead:

Thank you! Do you happen to have a photo of the red and yellow in your WH2O sign?

I'm at work now, but there are some pics of my WH2O in my profile game room pics. You can get an idea of how they look in pics of my other games too, especially Funhouse.

#7389 11 months ago
Quoted from Kingjowjow:

I've posted in the generic tech forum with some good replys but still having some issues with my White Water, was hoping fellow owners could help me out with some leads to my problems. I've tested the switches with a meter and all seems okay not sure what's going on, any help is much appreciated!
- The splashing sound that keeps occuring randomly when I flip, I can't seem to figure out why.
Switch 54 Lower Jet Area
Switch 55 Lower Jet Area

Sounds like you've either got some switches that are too sensitive (making them trigger when you activate the flippers), or more likely, you've got some switches wired to the wrong locations.

I would suggest going into switch test mode, and activate the switches one by one (by hand) and verify that each switch you touch shows up on the display as the correct one. You can also try activating the flippers while in switch test mode and see if that makes any other switch suddenly activate.

#7390 11 months ago

Just in case anyone has been waiting patiently for Mantis to put out more White Water parts, it's happening: https://mantispinball.com/product-category/white-water/

More to come, but it's very exciting to see how these new parts are turning out. Even parts not listed in the Parts Index, but listed in the Parts Manual, are/will be listed

#7391 11 months ago
Quoted from MiniPinHead:

More to come, but it's very exciting to see how these new parts are turning out. Even parts not listed in the Parts Index, but listed in the Parts Manual, are/will be listed

Wow, i can start swapping out my diy guides. Is the orbit in the cards?

#7392 11 months ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Wow, i can start swapping out my diy guides. Is the orbit in the cards?

Yes!

#7393 10 months ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Sounds like you've either got some switches that are too sensitive (making them trigger when you activate the flippers), or more likely, you've got some switches wired to the wrong locations.
I would suggest going into switch test mode, and activate the switches one by one (by hand) and verify that each switch you touch shows up on the display as the correct one. You can also try activating the flippers while in switch test mode and see if that makes any other switch suddenly activate.

Thank you for the tip, in test mode no switch seems to activate a different one, this splashing sound when I flip is so bothersome.

#7394 10 months ago
Quoted from Kingjowjow:

Thank you for the tip, in test mode no switch seems to activate a different one, this splashing sound when I flip is so bothersome.

Turn the game on and start a ball with the glass off. Then hit each switch with your finger and see which one makes the sound you are describing. Check the gap on that switch to see if it is too close and setting itself off during gameplay due to vibrations. If memory serves me it is on one of the center ramps

#7395 10 months ago
Quoted from Kingjowjow:

Switch 54 Lower Jet Area
Switch 55 Lower Jet Area

This is a long shot, but.... When I originally got my WH2O, I randomly/periodically heard water noises. I eventually figured out that it was an opto switch with the transmitter and receiver mounted on each side of the Disaster Drop ramp. The ramp was just dirty enough to periodically activate the switch. I simply wiped the ramp with novus 1 and the problem went away.

#7396 10 months ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Turn the game on and start a ball with the glass off. Then hit each switch with your finger and see which one makes the sound you are describing. Check the gap on that switch to see if it is too close and setting itself off during gameplay due to vibrations. If memory serves me it is on one of the center ramps

Yes, odds are it is either the opto at the entrance to the Disaster Drop, or the gate switch at the entrance to the Spine Chiller.

#7397 10 months ago

Ordered cabinet decals from custom pinball in France. $190 euros shipped. Best decals I could find. Didn’t want to try rad cals on it since blues don’t look good. Gonna be a fun restore. Hopefully not a nightmare like Indiana Jones was.

#7398 10 months ago
Quoted from mjthompson:

This is a long shot, but.... When I originally got my WH2O, I randomly/periodically heard water noises. I eventually figured out that it was an opto switch with the transmitter and receiver mounted on each side of the Disaster Drop ramp. The ramp was just dirty enough to periodically activate the switch. I simply wiped the ramp with novus 1 and the problem went away.

Thank you so much! Can't wait to see if I can fix it when I get home. So just wipe down this ramp with some Novus 2 around the rollover switch?

Screenshot_20230525-102627_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230525-102627_Chrome (resized).jpg
#7399 10 months ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Yes, odds are it is either the opto at the entrance to the Disaster Drop, or the gate switch at the entrance to the Spine Chiller.

My gate switch is currently not working at the entrance to the spine chiller, currently working on it, possible bad switch or diode. I wonder if fixing the switch all together will remove the random splashing noise?..

Screenshot_20230525-122531_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230525-122531_Gallery (resized).jpg
#7400 10 months ago
Quoted from Kingjowjow:

Thank you so much! Can't wait to see if I can fix it when I get home. So just wipe down this ramp with some Novus 2 around the rollover switch?[quoted image]

That's not the Disaster Drop. The Disaster Drop is just to the left of the 3 red standup targets, and is labeled "Disaster Drop".

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,780 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilsonville, OR
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Sugarloaf, CO
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.95
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Indian Land, SC
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,815 posts in this topic. You are on page 148 of 157.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whitewater-club-lifejackets-not-required/page/148 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.