• 630 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 days ago by MiniPinHead
  • Topic is favorited by 298 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
White Water 12-7043 Wire.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_7687 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7686 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7694 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7678 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0736 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0732 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0737 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6165 (resized).png
IMG_1689 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0518 (resized).jpeg
Pic (resized).jpg
IMG_2208 (resized).jpeg
There are 7,815 posts in this topic. You are on page 147 of 157.
#7301 1 year ago

I changed my red stand up targets to red transparent. Nice glow from the red whirlpool bulbs behind. It’s a pinball game. I’m not expecting anything to look or be real.

#7302 1 year ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

Red whirlpool lights just follow the lighting schemes in Williams games.
I.e. Yellow to light an award, green for locks, red for jackpots.
Each whirlpool lamp lights for each ball ball shot to it during “ride the whirlpool.” Once they all flash, it scores a jackpot. They’re also the same color as the Boulder awards (and shooting the whirlpool awards a Boulder), so, if I were a betting man, I’d say that’s why they chose red bulb condoms in the whirlpool.
I really don’t think people notice the nuance in the whirpool Lights to count the balls until a jackpot is made, so blue does make sense too.

Here is the "true" story of Whirlpool lights:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whitewater-club-lifejackets-not-required/page/71#post-4720220

#7303 1 year ago

I stand corrected! Thanks Davi.

#7304 1 year ago
Quoted from MiniPinHead:

Does anyone substitute the red Whirlpool mini dome (# 03-8662-9) with a blue one (# 03-8662-10)? I'm just wondering if the red affect is necessary for conveying something (e.g., sucked down the Whirlpool)?
Also, I believe I've seen people do half blue sleeves (# 03-8063-1) and half red sleeves (# 03-8063-4), or all blue, for the actual Whirlpool 6-light PCB lamps, but am wondering again if red is necessary at all?
Does anyone use an LED bulb for these and forgo the caps?
[quoted image]

I changed mine to blue, including the flasher dome. My friend alternated blue and white around the whirlpool, another cool effect. Comet sells blue fire bulbs that twinkle, which could also look unique.

#7305 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Comet sells blue fire bulbs that twinkle, which could also look unique.

Do those fit in the Whirlpool sockets?

#7306 1 year ago
Quoted from 7oxford:

I changed my red stand up targets to red transparent. Nice glow from the red whirlpool bulbs behind. It’s a pinball game. I’m not expecting anything to look or be real.

I did this to all the square 3D targets

#7307 1 year ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

I did this to all the square 3D targets

Do you have a link to the red and white targets you used? Do they make those in translucent? Thank you

#7308 1 year ago

Talked to guy that makes the skull mountain mods. Had to escape the uk due to covid lockdown crap so prob a month till gets back.

#7309 1 year ago
Quoted from MiniPinHead:

Do you have a link to the red and white targets you used? Do they make those in translucent? Thank you

I just lit the stock targets, didnt change the faces.

#7310 1 year ago
Quoted from MiniPinHead:

Do those fit in the Whirlpool sockets?

Yep, they sell them in both wedge and bayonet style.

#7311 1 year ago
Quoted from MiniPinHead:

Does anyone substitute the red Whirlpool mini dome (# 03-8662-9) with a blue one (# 03-8662-10)? I'm just wondering if the red affect is necessary for conveying something (e.g., sucked down the Whirlpool)?
Also, I believe I've seen people do half blue sleeves (# 03-8063-1) and half red sleeves (# 03-8063-4), or all blue, for the actual Whirlpool 6-light PCB lamps, but am wondering again if red is necessary at all?
Does anyone use an LED bulb for these and forgo the caps?
[quoted image]

color is not relevant to gameplay. I have blue LEDs there. Red would work just as well. They just chose red back in the day.

#7312 1 year ago

in regards to the Whirlpool - I recommend cool white LED’s with the blue condoms. I like the blue but noticed the straight blue led’s just kinda color-puke the area a bit too much for my taste.

But of course make it look the way you like it.

#7313 1 year ago

Thank you for all the LED and color recommendations.

Does anyone know how you can replace these three spacers (working off of the WH2O Index)?

Quantity: 1 - Part #: 02-4796-12 - Part Name: spacer m-f 8-32x3/4 close thd
Quantity: 1 - Part #: 02-4796-34 - Part Name: spacer m-f 8-32x2 1/8close thd
Quantity: 1 - Part #: 02-4796-38 - Part Name: spacer m-f 8-32x2 3/8close thd

Thank you

#7314 1 year ago
Quoted from MiniPinHead:

Thank you for all the LED and color recommendations.
Does anyone know how you can replace these three spacers (working off of the WH2O Index)?
Quantity: 1 - Part #: 02-4796-12 - Part Name: spacer m-f 8-32x3/4 close thd
Quantity: 1 - Part #: 02-4796-34 - Part Name: spacer m-f 8-32x2 1/8close thd
Quantity: 1 - Part #: 02-4796-38 - Part Name: spacer m-f 8-32x2 3/8close thd
Thank you

Checkout places like McMaster Carr…

https://www.mcmaster.com/products/spacers/male-female-threaded-hex-standoffs-6/system-of-measurement~inch/thread-size~6-32

So if you need a 1-5/16” and they only have 1-1/4”… get that and add a 1/16” washer.

Might have to get creative with these. Maybe stack 1” and 9/16” posts if you need 1-9/16. Or use a m-f post, drill and tap to make an f-f.

#7315 1 year ago

Thanks for those tips @Radium!

Does anyone have a Metal Shield for the Waterfall Lights (# 01-10889) for sale. Or the exact dimensions of the whole thing so that sendcutsend (thanks for the tip @Davi) could be utilized to make it?. It’s the metal piece that covers the 16 topper lights.

Thank you

B74865A4-AD65-4A19-B254-A58269A6288E (resized).jpegB74865A4-AD65-4A19-B254-A58269A6288E (resized).jpeg
#7316 1 year ago

Has anyone used this kit?

https://www.cometpinball.com/products/whitewater-led-kit

Thoughts?

Thank you

#7317 1 year ago

I used it and was happy with the results. That said, the only thing I'd recommend is to keep the topper lighting as is. I installed the LED topper lights and they didn't result in the same animation with the waterfall. Test it out and see if you like it but I preferred the standard lighting on the topper.

#7318 1 year ago
Quoted from MiniPinHead:

Thanks for those tips radium!
Does anyone have a Metal Shield for the Waterfall Lights (# 01-10889) for sale. Or the exact dimensions of the whole thing so that sendcutsend (thanks for the tip Davi) could be utilized to make it?. It’s the metal piece that covers the 16 topper lights.
Thank you
[quoted image]

I am attempting to draw this part for reproduction. Maybe someone can get me to the finish line. Can someone provide the measurements specified in red in the image?

Screenshot_382.pngScreenshot_382.png
Screenshot_380.pngScreenshot_380.png
Screenshot_377.pngScreenshot_377.png

This drawing is done without the part in hand, using only measurements from a WH2O backbox I have. The part is 27 3/16" in length total. The bottom flange is 2 5/16" deep. Tabs on ends are 1 3/8". I will cut without screw holes for now and add after I confirm fit.

#7319 1 year ago
Quoted from radium:

I am attempting to draw this part for reproduction. Maybe someone can get me to the finish line. Can someone provide the measurements specified in red in the image?

Skills! I'd give you multiple upvotes if I could Anyone have the rest of the measurements, as it'll help multiple rafter wannabes out

#7320 1 year ago
Quoted from radium:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
This drawing is done without the part in hand, using only measurements from a WH2O backbox I have. The part is 27 3/16" in length total. The bottom flange is 2 5/16" deep. Tabs on ends are 1 3/8". I will cut without screw holes for now and add after I confirm fit.

Chris with Hotrod arcade would probably buy a few of these from you for plating and such. Might want to reach out to him before you produce.

#7321 1 year ago
Quoted from woody76:

Chris with Hotrod arcade would probably buy a few of these from you for plating and such. Might want to reach out to him before you produce.

Think he can help with those measurements? There must be someone out there with a White Water and a ruler.

#7322 1 year ago
Quoted from radium:

Think he can help with those measurements? There must be someone out there with a White Water and a ruler.

Don't forget the protractor

#7323 1 year ago
Quoted from radium:

I know he has a couple he swaps out for folks. When I sold my stuff I am pretty sure I gave him my extra one. We also have a company here in Nashville that could manufacture it for you. I would just hit him up.

1 week later
#7324 1 year ago

The Comet LED kit came in. Wanted to share a photo of the contents. Looks like a lot of thought and planning went into this kit. Very happy with the slight discount and array of Bright White, Warm White, Sunlight White, and colors in this kit. Hopefully, the photo can answer any questions anyone had about Comet’s WH2O LED kit.

C08E334E-0BF0-410B-80F9-4906D2913963 (resized).jpegC08E334E-0BF0-410B-80F9-4906D2913963 (resized).jpeg
#7325 1 year ago
Quoted from MiniPinHead:

The Comet LED kit came in. Wanted to share a photo of the contents. Looks like a lot of thought and planning went into this kit. Very happy with the slight discount and array of Bright White, Warm White, Sunlight White, and colors in this kit. Hopefully, the photo can answer any questions anyone had about Comet’s WH2O LED kit.
[quoted image]

That kit looks really well thought out and specific. I’ve been skeptical about led kits in the past, assuming they were lazily thrown together with cheaper LEDs and with color choices I wouldn’t agree with. I’m a big fan of Comet LEDs, and this kit looks very impressive. Looking forward to seeing the final result with them all installed. My only change would be the red whirlpool LEDs. I prefer blue, or blue/white alternated. And I changed the bulbs above the upper playfield ramps to blue and white. Like this…

2E8E1B70-CE12-40A6-B203-F7CA3B586A5A (resized).png2E8E1B70-CE12-40A6-B203-F7CA3B586A5A (resized).png
#7326 1 year ago

I forgot about your Polaroid! I have to order one!

Quoted from Pinkitten:That kit looks really well thought out and specific. I’ve been skeptical about led kits in the past, assuming they were lazily thrown together with cheaper LEDs and with color choices I wouldn’t agree with. I’m a big fan of Comet LEDs, and this kit looks very impressive. Looking forward to seeing the final result with them all installed. My only change would be the red whirlpool LEDs. I prefer blue, or blue/white alternated. And I changed the bulbs above the upper playfield ramps to blue and white. Like this…[quoted image]

#7327 1 year ago
Quoted from Zartan:

I forgot about your Polaroid! I have to order one!

Don't be afraid to take the plunge: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LZGPV6U/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00

#7328 1 year ago
Quoted from radium:

Please find 2 pictures.
Hope it helps.

Be carreful, this is metric system measurement.

20230327_215628 (resized).jpg20230327_215628 (resized).jpg20230327_215814 (resized).jpg20230327_215814 (resized).jpg
#7329 1 year ago

Ordered!

Quoted from MiniPinHead:Don't be afraid to take the plunge: amazon.com link »

#7330 1 year ago
Quoted from kryss63:

Please find 2 pictures.
Hope it helps.
Be carreful, this is metric system measurement.[quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you, that is very helpful. I can see from your image the part at the top is configured differently than what I could tell from the other images I was working from. I think it is 16G steel. With your pictures I've adjusted my model...

Screenshot_401 (resized).pngScreenshot_401 (resized).png

Again, thanks for taking the time to do this, it is appreciated.

#7331 1 year ago
Quoted from radium:

Again, thanks for taking the time to do this, it is appreciated.

Yes, it is

#7332 1 year ago

Please let me know quickly if you want something else.
My part will be fitted on the backbox in a couple of days.

#7333 1 year ago

New YouBentMyWookie WH2O apron cards installed in a WH2O apron... on carpet

I think they look good, and definitely appreciate the cards' shift in depth as your viewing angle shifts.

Just a happy customer:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1289-youbentmywookie/08052-whitewater-lenticular-3d-apron-cards

pinside.1df39212c08a98d799c9020dd7f99d743a07f584 (resized).jpegpinside.1df39212c08a98d799c9020dd7f99d743a07f584 (resized).jpeg
#7334 1 year ago

Has anyone wired their Skull Mountain mod to be connected to any lighting, other than GI? I don't own the mod, but am wondering if anyone used some Comet matrix wires to connect it to the Whirlpool Lighting on the sign behind it, or something like that?

#7335 1 year ago
Quoted from MiniPinHead:

New YouBentMyWookie WH2O apron cards installed in a WH2O apron... on carpet

Pitty you did not take the picture a little higher...
I bet that rug, uhhh carpet, really ties the room together

#7336 1 year ago
Quoted from MiniPinHead:

Has anyone wired their Skull Mountain mod to be connected to any lighting, other than GI? I don't own the mod, but am wondering if anyone used some Comet matrix wires to connect it to the Whirlpool Lighting on the sign behind it, or something like that?

If I remember correctly, you have to wire it to a 12v flasher, not the GI or a regular switched lamp.
I have mine connected to the Lost Mine flasher, though I do wish there was a better choice.

#7337 1 year ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

If I remember correctly, you have to wire it to a 12v flasher, not the GI or a regular switched lamp.
I have mine connected to the Lost Mine flasher, though I do wish there was a better choice.

Yeah it's wired up to be in sync with the back right flasher. Makes the eyes flash when locking a ball and is super cool.

2 weeks later
#7338 12 months ago

Does anyone have an unused Lower to Upper / Spine Chiller ramp with decals from Starship Fantasy? Maybe you didn’t need the full set

IMG_8014 (resized).jpegIMG_8014 (resized).jpeg
#7339 11 months ago
Quoted from MiniPinHead:

Does anyone have an unused Lower to Upper / Spine Chiller ramp with decals from Starship Fantasy? Maybe you didn’t need the full set
[quoted image]

Marco has it
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/PR170

#7340 11 months ago

Thank you, was hoping someone might have an extra and not need it, so as to get it for less.

Does anyone know the specs on the 3 spacers (# 02-4564) for the Big Foot mech? I found that they are 10-32 and that 1/4 inch long 10-32 screws go into them. Can find how long these are.

Thank you

#7341 11 months ago

Bump. Anyone willing to measure one of those Big Foot spacers (circled in blue)?

Also, anyone have a photo of the coil bracket (circled in green)?

Thank you

IMG_8302 (resized).jpegIMG_8302 (resized).jpeg
#7342 11 months ago

Was told the Big Foot Assembly Spacers are 7/8” long Manual says 10-32 thread. Appears to need to be m-f. Will take a chance and see if that works.

Does anyone know the part number for this bracket from the under side ramp (subway)?

Thank you again

IMG_8354 (resized).jpegIMG_8354 (resized).jpeg

#7343 11 months ago

Glad to be here! Just picked up my white water the other day with an OG Topper, look forward to posting here in the future, just looking for some Yeti Hair at this point hehe.
20230502_152429 (resized).jpg20230502_152429 (resized).jpg

#7344 11 months ago

What is the deal with the yeti hair?! Why are they so impossible to find? You can get new yetis (I think) and they have all their body hair, why is the head such a mission to complete? Why offer a bald one in the first place. I think a set of wigs, hats and other headwear as a mod would be something really cool to have. Change ‘em like girls do with their Barbie dolls

#7345 11 months ago

Whitewater restoration parts/found these yesterday during a clean up:
-4 pc cabinet/back box art (next gen/PPS) missing coin door/front: $100
-Alan Mayer repro slings: $15
-Used speaker panel plastic: $15
PayPal is fine, shipping not included.

#7346 11 months ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

What is the deal with the yeti hair?! Why are they so impossible to find? You can get new yetis (I think) and they have all their body hair, why is the head such a mission to complete? Why offer a bald one in the first place. I think a set of wigs, hats and other headwear as a mod would be something really cool to have. Change ‘em like girls do with their Barbie dolls

Yeah not sure how the yeti loses his hair, did they make some stock like this? I have another head perfect condition no hair! I was thinking of making my own hair for him if anyone had any experience with that or some type of hat would be cool, maybe wet Willie's hat.

#7347 11 months ago
Quoted from Kingjowjow:

Yeah not sure how the yeti loses his hair, did they make some stock like this? I have another head perfect condition no hair! I was thinking of making my own hair for him if anyone had any experience with that or some type of hat would be cool, maybe wet Willie's hat.

or send him to turkey for a hair transplant

#7348 11 months ago

Took apart my Big Foot body mold and fur. Does anyone know why this subtle jut out in the belly area? An inside joke Big Foot has a belly?

IMG_8614 (resized).jpegIMG_8614 (resized).jpeg
#7349 11 months ago

My BigFeet wears a hat. I’m thinking of changing it to a winter hat with the ear flaps. But you’ll still want some fur under there. Maybe a craft store?

81E6661F-4F93-47B2-8E9B-2921CA60D229 (resized).png81E6661F-4F93-47B2-8E9B-2921CA60D229 (resized).png
#7350 11 months ago

I’m thinking I could part out my Big Foot fur in a month or two. Rationale, raise funds for the scratch WH2O build and help a few people out who need to do some hair transplants for our friend Dennis

One of the 3D printing experts agreed to make the body mold for Big Foot, which will give a clean shell to pick some new fur out and match it with the bald head. I can’t imagine many people have original fur sitting around anymore.

The tracker hat is fun! Definitely need to find a suitable size and have fun adding that

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 12.95
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
17,250 (OBO)
7,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

7,780 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilsonville, OR
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,815 posts in this topic. You are on page 147 of 157.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whitewater-club-lifejackets-not-required/page/147?hl=pinballizfun and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.