Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240421_120327 (resized).jpg
20240421_120348 (resized).jpg
IMG_1106 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7186 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
White Water 12-7043 Wire.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_7687 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7686 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7694 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7678 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0736 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0732 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0737 (resized).jpeg
There are 7,832 posts in this topic. You are on page 145 of 157.
#7201 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Is Earthshaker as much fun as this?

I have both an Earthshaker and a Whitewater in my collection. Whitewater is objectively much better, but ES is no slouch either. It's a fun game and very complimentary to Whirlwind.

#7202 1 year ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

I have both an Earthshaker and a Whitewater in my collection. Whitewater is objectively much better, but ES is no slouch either. It's a fun game and very complimentary to Whirlwind.

Cool, thanks mate. I'll keep an eye out. Maybe se if there's one at pinfest newcastle later this year to play.

#7203 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Got the Brian Allen translight in last week, and got his art blades in yesterday. Just waiting on a cable from colorDMD and then the colour display is going in.
Loving this machine, i smile every time i walk away from it. Similar to Theatre of Magic in that nearly every shot goes up a ramp or orbit.
Is Earthshaker as much fun as this? I can't remember playing it.
[quoted image]

Why do you have my initials on your high score?

#7204 1 year ago
Quoted from Flipper_McGavin:

Did you put a piece of clear mylar over it after stickering? (...)

No, that's certainly my mistake.

#7205 1 year ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Why do you have my initials on your high score?

Because i haven't beaten it yet?

High is 900 something, 4th is 580. I got a 410 the other day, still learning the rules and i'm not a good player.

#7206 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Because i haven't beaten it yet?
High is 900 something, 4th is 580. I got a 410 the other day, still learning the rules and i'm not a good player.

No, I meant that my initials are also MAB. I always thought it was funny that MAB are the initials for the "default" Grand Champ score on WH20. I asked Roger Sharpe about it a long time ago, and he said that those were the initials of someone at Williams. The Shadow also has MAB as one of the default high scores.

#7207 1 year ago

Yes, i know what you meant mate.

#7208 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Yes, i know what you meant mate.

I was just surprised to see the default initials on a non-default score, so I thought you had entered MAB intentionally. Never mind then.

#7209 1 year ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

I was just surprised to see the default initials on a non-default score, so I thought you had entered MAB intentionally. Never mind then.

I believe it is the initials of the person i bought it from, after all his last name is Maber. I have only had the game a week or two, so have not got it all figured out yet. All the scores are MAB. Maybe he didn't have many friends, or they sucked at pinball like me.

#7210 1 year ago

Just radcaled on a whim tonight after having them lying around for two or three years. Love it

052D1A97-3FBE-4C28-BAA2-BF571488F656 (resized).jpeg052D1A97-3FBE-4C28-BAA2-BF571488F656 (resized).jpeg1DE5E05A-F1E2-4C89-AC55-E6CB52A761BC (resized).jpeg1DE5E05A-F1E2-4C89-AC55-E6CB52A761BC (resized).jpeg2AEA06EF-ABD3-4209-ADB6-F7DB151F085E (resized).jpeg2AEA06EF-ABD3-4209-ADB6-F7DB151F085E (resized).jpeg4CF33EE0-AF23-42AB-B776-666C46C0286B (resized).jpeg4CF33EE0-AF23-42AB-B776-666C46C0286B (resized).jpeg5DB90682-3395-48B0-8206-7936D4A32F2F (resized).jpeg5DB90682-3395-48B0-8206-7936D4A32F2F (resized).jpegA98D9527-E176-4A6E-9ED0-1DAC09EE0928 (resized).jpegA98D9527-E176-4A6E-9ED0-1DAC09EE0928 (resized).jpegD558CFF2-9E1F-44C0-A507-F69014692490 (resized).jpegD558CFF2-9E1F-44C0-A507-F69014692490 (resized).jpeg
#7211 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

Just radcaled on a whim tonight after having them lying around for two or three years. Love it
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Mirco right? How were the blues? Heard they were off from original. I’m thinking of doing the mirror rad cals but those look nice.

#7212 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Mirco right? How were the blues? Heard they were off from original. I’m thinking of doing the mirror rad cals but those look nice.

I have never seen the Whitewater RadCals in person, but, if you need them, then chances are the blue color on your originals is faded out anyway. Once you install the RadCals, even if the blue isn't exact to original, it will look 1000% better and no one will ever say "man, looks good, but the blue is a gradient or 2 off from original". I'm just being blunt and practical, but I say, if your game needs decals anyway, RadCals are a nice option. I have installed them on a BSD which is notorious for fading, and the Radcals look awesome! If you've been on the fence about installing some, go for it! I think you'll like them

#7213 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I have never seen the Whitewater RadCals in person, but, if you need them, then chances are the blue color on your originals is faded out anyway. Once you install the RadCals, even if the blue isn't exact to original, it will look 1000% better and no one will ever say "man, looks good, but the blue is a gradient or 2 off from original". I'm just being blunt and practical, but I say, if your game needs decals anyway, RadCals are a nice option. I have installed them on a BSD which is notorious for fading, and the Radcals look awesome! If you've been on the fence about installing some, go for it! I think you'll like them

Yeah did my Indiana Jones and looks amazing. Here is pic of mirror version. Little more money.

DCCC2C95-21CD-4846-A938-3911EF68CD65 (resized).pngDCCC2C95-21CD-4846-A938-3911EF68CD65 (resized).png
#7214 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Yeah did my Indiana Jones and looks amazing. Here is pic of mirror version. Little more money.
[quoted image]

Then you've dealt with them before. I say go for it! I think they look amazing.

#7215 1 year ago

Is it a real mirror effect? I have the CPR mirrored backglass but the mirroring looks like the paint can mirror effect and not a true reflection.

#7216 1 year ago

The Whitewater playfields were made by three different companies.

#7217 1 year ago

It looks amazing. I have done my fair share of stencil cabinet work on older games. I have never used radcals. You didn't have to sand down and fill the cabinet first?

Quoted from PinballGalore:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#7218 1 year ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:

It looks amazing. I have done my fair share of stencil cabinet work on older games. I have never used radcals. You didn't have to sand down and fill the cabinet first?

With Radcals, you only need to remove hardware, buttons, etc from cab (rails can stay on), make sure there are no raised areas on the cab. Give it a good thorough cleaning, and apply the RadCals. Then, Use a dremel tool to cut out for any bolt holes, start button, etc... and reassemble everything. The radcals are thick and rigid enough that small holes, dents, and imperfections don't need filling. It's far easier than decals or stencils.

#7219 1 year ago

So the vacation bonus is probably the single best moment across any pinball machine ever made…eh?! My prayer is that every member of this club…this WH2O club…may experience this moment at least once in their lifetime. Amen.

#7220 1 year ago

So you get that by not completing the double up top.

Seems a hard choice, all the top double whirlpool awards i've got so far have been pretty good. Multi's points etc.

I'll have to give it a whirl.

#7221 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

So you get that by not completing the double up top.
Seems a hard choice, all the top double whirlpool awards i've got so far have been pretty good. Multi's points etc.
I'll have to give it a whirl.

What you need to do is advance the raft all the way to Wet Wiley's, reach class 6 river, start all 6 boulder modes, and THEN lock ball 3.

The first 3 goals can be done in any order and don't have to be on the same ball, but the 3rd lock has to be last (though you can have already done multi-ball previously in the game - it doesn't have to be your first Whitewater multi-ball).

It has nothing to do with NOT getting anything...

#7222 1 year ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

What you need to do is advance the raft all the way to Wet Wiley's, reach class 6 river, start all 6 boulder modes, and THEN lock ball 3.
The first 3 goals can be done in any order and don't have to be on the same ball, but the 3rd lock has to be last (though you can have already done multi-ball previously in the game - it doesn't have to be your first Whitewater multi-ball).
It has nothing to do with NOT getting anything...

My apologies for not knowing.

I do know that if i don't get the Insanity Falls before i get the whirlpool shot it goes down as 'Vacation Planner' instead of 'Whirlpool Award'. So you don't have to get the whirlopool shot without getting insanity falls first? You can get insanity falls then the whirlpool and it will still advance towrd the mode you are talking about through the whirlpool award?

Or does it have nothing to do with the vacation planner thing?

#7223 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Or does it have nothing to do with the vacation planner thing?

The vacation planner is basically your map to completing everything to finish the game and get the 200m (I believe) award. I’ve done it twice. It’s awesome, if you haven’t done it yet. Wet Willy’s just requires that you advance through all the rafts and then complete all the shots for 100m bonus. Awesome game. One of the very best.

#7224 1 year ago

I'll just have a look at the rule sheet. Having trouble following.

#7225 1 year ago

The Vacation Planner just shows you your progress, it doesn't change anything. You can see on there what criteria you have or haven't completed yet.

The order you do thing doesn't matter, and you don't need to avoid doing anything. But after you finish all the other requirements you do have to have 3 balls locked to trigger it so if you're close don't start a multiball or you'll have to lock all 3 again. Rather, it would be a good idea to lock 2 balls and hold off on the 3rd, again only if you're close.

The Boulder Garden is easy. It takes some work to get to Wet Willy's and River Class 6 (unless you get it as a Spirit of the River award). It helps somewhat if you have the latest ROMs because they finally fixed the Hold Bonus bug so that your River Class is held with this - making it easier to accomplish that one.

#7226 1 year ago

The vacation planner is just a status screen showing what you have (or haven't) accomplished so far. As you complete the goals, the items on the planner will "fill in". The planner will also be shown as part of the "status report" if you hold the flipper button in.

And yes, you need to hit Insanity Falls to light the Whirlpool award.

The Vacation Jackpot starts at 200 Million, and increases by 10 thousand for each game played until it is collected. It then resets back to its starting point of 200 million. Though I think there is some sort of bug that makes it jump to like 799 million. I've never seen it actually happen, but I've seen multiple machines with the current value at that (and it would take 60,000 games to get there normally). Maybe after some point it starts increasing by more than 10K each time.

#7227 1 year ago

River class 6 was always the tricky part for me before the latest ROM, which now holds your progress. It used to give you a bonus for your River class progress after a lost ball, and then start over. I only finished the game the first time when the spirit of the River advanced me to class 6, and then I started multiball. The rules in White Water are some of the best in the WPC era, imho.

#7228 1 year ago

I have experienced the bonus vacation several times.

During the entire game (not on just one ball), you have to:
- finish the 6 boulder bonus
- reach class IV river one time
- visit wet willys (not necessary finish)
- and after that, start a multiball.

My best way to achieve is:
1) quickly achieve the 6 boulder bonus and during the whirlpool challenge (2 balls in play), obtain the river classe IV before doing whirlpools. To do that, I put the 2 balls in "no way out" and I let them return to the lightning right inlane. So you mark 2 letters each time. Keep concentrated because the river class is reset if you lose the 2 balls !
As long as you are not to Wet Willys, you can do the bonus garden. So don't follow the orange arrows at the beginning of the game. If you reach Wet Willys before finish the boulder, you will need to finish the entire Wet Willys sequence before continuing the boulder bonus.

2) after that, follow the orange arrows to go to "Wet Willys"

3) when you are in "Wet Willis", start a multiball.*

=> bonus vacation !!!!!

* first multiball is quite easy to start , the second is harder and the third more. So do your best to not touch the 2 green targets before arriving to Wet Willys.

#7229 1 year ago

Anyone willing to lend out all of their playfield metal parts for reproduction, excluding wire forms? I forget who posted this photo, but this gives you an idea. They need to be OEM for the most part. Please PM me to discuss. Thank you!!!

White Water Ball Guides (resized).jpgWhite Water Ball Guides (resized).jpg
#7230 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

River class 6 was always the tricky part for me before the latest ROM, which now holds your progress.

What is the latest Rom? Does it hold starting at 2 times?

#7231 1 year ago
Quoted from OTRChief:

What is the latest Rom? Does it hold starting at 2 times?

The LH-6 rom is the "latest" ROM, but it is for free play only.

It has implemented a "Bonus Hold" feature. When hitting the Disaster Drop ramp for the 6th time, the River Class (and therefore bonus multiplier) from that ball will be held over to the start of the next ball. This can make getting to the Class 6 river a bit easier.

I think there might be another "bonus hold" available at something like 36 Disaster Drops, but I don't remember for certain.

#7232 1 year ago

Hi,

My Big Foot is acting up!

I read through threads and now have some ideas where to look but thought I’d ask if anyone solved my specific problem. When I hit Bigfoot bluff when the red light is lit the ball hits his log but he no longer chuckles or turns his head.

He chuckles and turns his head 20% of the time now. Prior to today he worked 100% of the time. Does anyone have any ideas how to troubleshoot and solve this one?

Thank you.

#7233 1 year ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

The LH-6 rom is the "latest" ROM, but it is for free play only.

There is also an LH-6C version that allows for coin play.

#7234 1 year ago
Quoted from PinDeadHead:

Hi,
My Big Foot is acting up!
I read through threads and now have some ideas where to look but thought I’d ask if anyone solved my specific problem. When I hit Bigfoot bluff when the red light is lit the ball hits his log but he no longer chuckles or turns his head.
He chuckles and turns his head 20% of the time now. Prior to today he worked 100% of the time. Does anyone have any ideas how to troubleshoot and solve this one?
Thank you.

Switch under the top mountain isnt registering. Pretty common.

#7235 1 year ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

Switch under the top mountain isnt registering. Pretty common.

Thank you. I hope it’s as simple as bending the switch wire up so the ball pushes the wire further down. Does anyone know if I’d have to remove the upper playfield to access the switch underneath?

#7236 1 year ago
Quoted from PinDeadHead:

Does anyone know if I’d have to remove the upper playfield to access the switch underneath?

No need to remove the playfield. Remove the top mountain, the switch is below the mountain plastic.

DSC_2053 (resized).JPGDSC_2053 (resized).JPG
#7237 1 year ago
Quoted from Davi:

No need to remove the playfield. Remove the top mountain, the switch is below the mountain plastic.[quoted image]

Thank you!

#7238 1 year ago

I love this site! ANY issue on any machine can be solved by someone on here! It’s pretty amazing!

Quoted from Davi:No need to remove the playfield. Remove the top mountain, the switch is below the mountain plastic.[quoted image]

#7239 1 year ago

Much better Brian.

6561C73F-0BA4-4E16-A76F-D369675B5427 (resized).jpeg6561C73F-0BA4-4E16-A76F-D369675B5427 (resized).jpeg66761629-B093-4B1B-B56B-CC5233291233 (resized).jpeg66761629-B093-4B1B-B56B-CC5233291233 (resized).jpeg
#7240 1 year ago

Yes! brian-allen art makes the machine truly come to life! Make sure to get the blades as well!

#7241 1 year ago

Willy is freakin' RIPPED on that alt-art, I'm pretty sure he can take Bigfoot no problem.

#7242 1 year ago
Quoted from dboeren:

Willy is freakin' RIPPED on that alt-art, I'm pretty sure he can take Bigfoot no problem.

His Nana plaited his arms for him.

#7243 1 year ago

Yeah got side blades but can’t install until I redo the cabinet. Side places are amazing

#7244 1 year ago
Quoted from MiniPinHead:

Anyone willing to lend out all of their playfield metal parts for reproduction, excluding wire forms? I forget who posted this photo, but this gives you an idea. They need to be OEM for the most part. Please PM me to discuss. Thank you!!!
[quoted image]

Someone help this guy out, several of us are looking for sets!! I am willing to pay just to borrow a set and cover all shipping cost.

#7245 1 year ago

I'd love one new rail to replace my broken, bodged one.

#7246 1 year ago
Quoted from radium:

Someone help this guy out, several of us are looking for sets!! I am willing to pay just to borrow a set and cover all shipping cost.

Someone offered and a well-known stainless steel form company is on the case! Give it some time, but we should see WH2O ball guides and additional playfield parts for sale once development takes place. Very exciting news for restorers and scratch builders Much appreciation to Damonator and Kerry / Mantis!

#7247 1 year ago

Would anyone please be willing to 3D print a copy of their metal 02-4666 Mounting Block? Marco still has some of the unique Big Foot mech assembly pieces for sale, but this one doesn't appear to be available. Thank you for considering

https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/product?product_id=02-4666

Pic (resized).jpgPic (resized).jpg
#7248 1 year ago

Is anyone able to please share how to replace a broken target face?

Thx

5E9F7318-0210-4F6C-8A72-D864759A60D7 (resized).jpeg5E9F7318-0210-4F6C-8A72-D864759A60D7 (resized).jpeg
#7249 1 year ago
Quoted from PinDeadHead:

Is anyone able to please share how to replace a broken target face?
Thx[quoted image]

Probably easier to replace the green standup target. They are available at a few vendors, like Marco I think. I do believe switches can be rebuilt and the face replaced, but it seems like the longer, much trickier fix.

8968CD7D-A06C-48DA-821B-13E7E19E848E (resized).jpeg8968CD7D-A06C-48DA-821B-13E7E19E848E (resized).jpeg
#7250 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Probably easier to replace the green standup target. They are available at a few vendors, like Marco I think. I do believe switches can be rebuilt and the face replaced, but it seems like the longer, much trickier fix.[quoted image]

Thank you

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
Machine - For Sale
Indian Land, SC
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Asheville, NC
$ 12.95
Machine - For Sale
Sugarloaf, CO
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,832 posts in this topic. You are on page 145 of 157.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whitewater-club-lifejackets-not-required/page/145 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.