IMG_0736 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0732 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0737 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6165 (resized).png
IMG_1689 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0518 (resized).jpeg
Pic (resized).jpg
IMG_2208 (resized).jpeg

There are 7,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 140 of 157.
#6951 1 year ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

I picked up a beater of a Whitewater last year for 4K. I have another 4K in parts into it and still need to buy new ramps

It can add up fast. Sometimes the resto can get out of hand pretty quickly with well used machines. Mine was like $6K from a dealer I know here. I've still been through quite a bit of it since buying it 2 years ago, new CPU board, a couple of smaller boards, etc. But I still have to get deeper into it and sort out an issue in the back pf switches and ball lock. At least when I'm done, it should look pretty nice from a pf perspective.

#6952 1 year ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

It can add up fast. Sometimes the resto can get out of hand pretty quickly with well used machines.

What is the "right" / "respectful" thing to do when selling the machine once fully shopped?
Adding the amount spent on repairs, replacement parts and mods to the initial price?

#6953 1 year ago

White Water was the first pinball I bought back in 2006. I kept that machine for 12 years and now have another one. I’ll always have one even though I have changed this one quite a bit. One of the greatest games ever.

CC2FFD9C-17AD-4CDD-883C-700295BBCD95 (resized).jpegCC2FFD9C-17AD-4CDD-883C-700295BBCD95 (resized).jpeg
#6954 1 year ago
Quoted from Frogroar:

What is the "right" / "respectful" thing to do when selling the machine once fully shopped?
Adding the amount spent on repairs, replacement parts and mods to the initial price?

LOLOL. No, its worth *what one in that condition* is worth. If it's a game worth 8K in great condition it's worth 8K is in great condition whether you have 4K in in it or 12K in it. Anyone spending more than market value for a game just because the seller "put money into it" should just go buy a different one. It's nNo different than a house, a 300K house that someone put 500K into fixing up isn't a 500K or 800K house. Its just a house/pin that the owner is upside down on and desperately trying to find a sucker to buy.

#6955 1 year ago
Quoted from Aflacjack:

White Water was the first pinball I bought back in 2006. I kept that machine for 12 years and now have another one. I’ll always have one even though I have changed this one quite a bit. One of the greatest games ever.
[quoted image]

Back in 2010, I picked up a HUO CV and restored WH20 together for $9500 Sold the CV after 2 years and still have the WH20...hard to believe it's been over 12 years. I've always thoughts it's a top-tier game...never seems to get the love/recognition it deserves. A Dennis Norman masterpiece...way ahead of it's time.

we water 004 (resized).jpgwe water 004 (resized).jpg
#6956 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballizfun:

Anyone spending more than market value for a game just because the seller "put money into it" should just go buy a different one.

Ah, "market value" and everyone's interpretation. That's an interesting topic on its own.
But I get what you're saying. It's just that I see some people putting so much money into one machine and wonder what they'd do when reselling it.

#6957 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Back in 2010, I picked up a HUO CV and restored WH20 together for $9500 Sold the CV after 2 years and still have the WH20...hard to believe it's been over 12 years. I've always thoughts it's a top-tier game...never seems to get the love/recognition it deserves. A Dennis Norman masterpiece...way ahead of it's time.
[quoted image]

I bought my WH20 in 1996 for $1K from an arcade that was going out of business, though I've put a decent amount of money into it over the years.

I've had it for over 25 years now, and I completely agree...a very under-rated game. Still love playing it.

#6958 1 year ago
Quoted from Frogroar:

Ah, "market value" and everyone's interpretation. That's an interesting topic on its own.
But I get what you're saying. It's just that I see some people putting so much money into one machine and wonder what they'd do when reselling it.

For me, it has a lot to do with making the game as great as it can be. I am very into the preservation aspect. Like if I am going to do a PF swap or a full topside teardown then I am going to replace everything.

In addition, I don't think about the $$ as an investment as it is a hobby and each game a new experience. Some people go out to dinner and drinks for a weekend and drop $200-300. 'd rather take that $$ and do something fun like work on a pin. Then there is also the value in learning a new or different skill. With almost every game I learn something new.

#6959 1 year ago
Quoted from Frogroar:

They look for suckers with no patience and more dollars than sense.

#6960 1 year ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

For me, it has a lot to do with making the game as great as it can be. I am very into the preservation aspect. Like if I am going to do a PF swap or a full topside teardown then I am going to replace everything.
In addition, I don't think about the $$ as an investment as it is a hobby and each game a new experience. Some people go out to dinner and drinks for a weekend and drop $200-300. 'd rather take that $$ and do something fun like work on a pin. Then there is also the value in learning a new or different skill. With almost every game I learn something new.

100% this.

I spend the money needed to get a game into great shape because I want to own and play such games. I don't think on when/if I will sell it and for what price.

#6961 1 year ago

Added some tree's as seen on this thread, quite like them.

5183F0C2-36B6-4992-B927-3BB58C973A6F (resized).jpeg5183F0C2-36B6-4992-B927-3BB58C973A6F (resized).jpeg

#6962 1 year ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

I picked up a beater of a Whitewater last year for 4K. I have another 4K in parts into it and still need to buy new ramps

whitewater restore will break the bank. I grabbed one right before COVID for $2800 and cleaned it up and left it as is.

#6963 1 year ago
Quoted from woody76:

whitewater restore will break the bank. I grabbed one right before COVID for $2800 and cleaned it up and left it as is.

Sell it for 3500? I’m on my way if so.

#6964 1 year ago
Quoted from Frogroar:

You value the condition it's in when you're done your resto work. The market will guide there comparatively. Perfectly fine to tally your costs and present them when you're selling of course.

#6965 1 year ago
Quoted from woody76:

Mine was and is currently unplayable as is. I am mid WCS shop out for a friend, then doing a PF on an ES for another friend and then I'll start on this beast.

#6966 1 year ago

2 quick questions. How many volts are the backbox flashers meant to be?
Also, how many volts are the topper bulbs supposed to be?

Thnx

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#6967 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

2 quick questions. How many volts are the backbox flashers meant to be?
Also, how many volts are the topper bulbs supposed to be?
Thnx
[quoted image]

Backbox flasher voltage: 20V, pulse. Bulb type: 906
Topper voltage: 12V, pulse. Bulb type: 194.

#6968 1 year ago
Quoted from Davi:

Backbox flasher voltage: 20V, pulse. Bulb type: 906
Topper voltage: 12V, pulse. Bulb type: 194.

Thanks Davi

#6969 1 year ago

Can't find the 20v pulse lightbulbs at Marcos. Are they there (since I have other stuff to order)? Otherwise where could I find them? Thanks

#6970 1 year ago

Can't find the 20v pulse lightbulbs at Marcos. Are they there (since I have other stuff to order)? Otherwise where could I find them? Thanks

I believe these are what you want

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/04-0906

#6971 1 year ago

Thanks.
I saw those too but couldn't see anywhere mention they are 20v or the word "pulse" as Davi listed, so I want to make sure they're not the regular 12v flashers as those blow out in a millisecond.

#6972 1 year ago

Thanks.
I saw those too but couldn't see anywhere mention they are 20v or the word "pulse" as Davi listed, so I want to make sure they're not the regular 12v flashers as those blow out in a millisecond.

Not sure if these 161s are different, but this kit is available for the topper. Worth a look.

64469895-AE0A-4F50-BC45-6AF000C1A83B (resized).png64469895-AE0A-4F50-BC45-6AF000C1A83B (resized).png
#6973 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Not sure if these 161s are different, but this kit is available for the topper. Worth a look.
[quoted image]

The topper lights are available on Marcos as incandescent, it's the backbox flasher 20v I can't find, and it doesn't seem they're available in this kit either.

#6974 1 year ago

Thanks.

You need that mbeardsley linked.

#6975 1 year ago

Don't get LED's for the topper. The effect of the waterfall requires incandescent bulbs.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#6976 1 year ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

Don't get LED's for the topper. The effect of the waterfall requires incandescent bulbs.

I’ve always thought that a re-engineered lamp chaser board for this game with LEDOCD built in would be a good idea for those who insist on using LEDs everywhere.

#6977 1 year ago

it's the backbox flasher 20v I can't find, and it doesn't seem they're available in this kit either.

Iv'e been watching this convo for a couple days... I have no clue what you guys are talking about with this 20v-24v backbox panel flasher bulb nonsense.... But I think you guys are trippin!! I've been a pinball tech for over 30 years, and I don't know of any 20v wedge flasher bulbs in ANY insert panel! I have had good-ol standard 12v 906 LED flashers in my WH20 for over a year and they work just fine... Coincidentally, same thing in my other 11 pins for about 7 years, I don't think i've ever even had one fail!

#6978 1 year ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

I’ve always thought that a re-engineered lamp chaser board for this game with LEDOCD built in would be a good idea for those who insist on using LEDs everywhere.

It would be nice not to worry about heat building up under the dome. Probably a non issue in home environment but still. Those little bulbs get hot.

#6979 1 year ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Iv'e been watching this convo for a couple days... I have no clue what you guys are talking about with this 20v-24v backbox panel flasher bulb nonsense.... But I think you guys are trippin!! I've been a pinball tech for over 30 years, and I don't know of any 20v wedge flasher bulbs in ANY insert panel! I have had good-ol standard 12v 906 LED flashers in my WH20 for over a year and they work just fine... Coincidentally, same thing in my other 11 pins for about 7 years, I don't thing i've ever even had one fail!

I run standard 12v LED flashers from Comet in my backbox. No issues at all. I also have not ever run across any 20v bulbs in any of my machines.

#6980 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I run standard 12v LED flashers from Comet in my backbox. No issues at all. I also have not ever run across any 20v bulbs in any of my machines.

There are 24v 1251 flasher bulbs in early system 11 games, but they are bayonet type bulbs and only used under playfields and in beacons (High Speed, F14, etc).

#6981 1 year ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Iv'e been watching this convo for a couple days... I have no clue what you guys are talking about with this 20v-24v backbox panel flasher bulb nonsense.... But I think you guys are trippin!! I've been a pinball tech for over 30 years, and I don't know of any 20v wedge flasher bulbs in ANY insert panel! I have had good-ol standard 12v 906 LED flashers in my WH20 for over a year and they work just fine... Coincidentally, same thing in my other 11 pins for about 7 years, I don't thing i've ever even had one fail!

Flasher circuit works at 20V. Or am I wrong?
I said he needs bulb type 906. Nobody talked about 20V bulb type.

#6982 1 year ago
Quoted from Davi:

Flasher circuit works at 20V. Or am I wrong?
I said he needs bulb type 906. Nobody talked about 20V bulb type.

You are not wrong but it caused confusion because then PinballGalore thought he needs 20V bulbs but he doesn't, because they are just pulsed the 12V bulbs work perfectly fine, as you and most of us already know.

#6983 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

You are not wrong but it caused confusion because then shokel328 thought he needs 20V bulbs but he doesn't, because they are just pulsed the 12V bulbs work perfectly fine, as you and most of us already know.

I thought he is looking for the output voltage of the socket (based on a picture with empty sockets) and the bulb voltage too.
(I have to improve my English.)
Anyway, I am sure he is OK by now, the bulb type 906 and Marco's link defines the type very well.

#6984 1 year ago
Quoted from Davi:

I thought he is looking for the output voltage of the socket (based on a picture with empty sockets) and the bulb voltage too.
(I have to improve my English.)
Anyway, I am sure he is OK by now, the bulb type 906 and Marco's link defines the type very well.

With everyone's help it all gets figured out sooner or later. Cheers to you all !

#6985 1 year ago

#6986 1 year ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Machine - For Sale

FS White Water (Meteor only trade consideration)

Partially shopped/refurbished “Very nice white water. Non-smoking home. Relatively easy to get from game room to street. Will help move.

The Good:
-Color DMD
-NG LEDs, LED Flashers
-GI OCD Board
-New Boulder...”

2 days ago

Gaithersburg, MD

27dnast

Pm sent

#6987 1 year ago

Quick question on the small RIVER pcb under pf. My R bulb sometimes will not stay lit when it should. I swapped other bulbs and sockets and its def something on the board..Don't see the board in the manual. THinking I need to reflow solder on connector or any other ideas. Thx!

#6988 1 year ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

THinking I need to reflow solder on connector

This. Great thinking. Gravity and vibration are tough on the pins the connector plugs onto.

LTG : )

#6989 1 year ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Quick question on the small RIVER pcb under pf. My R bulb sometimes will not stay lit when it should. I swapped other bulbs and sockets and its def something on the board..Don't see the board in the manual. THinking I need to reflow solder on connector or any other ideas. Thx!

Resolder (reflow) the joints at the connector. The solder is there, but most probably cracked, due to vibration caused by lost mine kickout.

#6990 1 year ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

There are 24v 1251 flasher bulbs in early system 11 games, but they are bayonet type bulbs and only used under playfields and in beacons (High Speed, F14, etc).

Quoted from billsfanmd:

The bottom R on mine also goes out. My issue is the where the wire that feeds that socket is seated in the plastic connector. I just havnt fixed it yet.

#6991 1 year ago

Light grey threaded bolt protectors from Ace Hardware. Removed the rubber ring and slid these over the post. They actually fit perfect and lock into the groove where the rubber ring would be. They're thicker and more durable than bulb condoms.

20221018_183926 (resized).jpg20221018_183926 (resized).jpg20221018_183944 (resized).jpg20221018_183944 (resized).jpg
#6992 1 year ago

Evening edit… I was shown by someone much smarter than me where the two wires go. They are for the Bigfoot head motor.

I am reassembling our machine and have an open (maybe cut?) set of red and white wires off of a 4-pin connector to the upper playfield. The machine hasn’t been played for years, so it’s been a learning process.

Could one of you verify if there is one, or possibly two Bigfoot Body flasher(s) on the upper playfield? The harness for the flasher that mounts underneath the nearby ball guide has one set of red/white stripe and black wires that seems correct.

I cannot see where either a possible second flasher might mount or where the red& white wire pair goes. In the picture it is the red and white pair that is zip-tied to the harness.
311D4B9F-884E-4663-8B85-7A114E9631CD (resized).jpeg311D4B9F-884E-4663-8B85-7A114E9631CD (resized).jpeg

#6993 1 year ago
Quoted from EEE:

Evening edit… I was shown by someone much smarter than me where the two wires go. They are for the Bigfoot head motor.
I am reassembling our machine and have an open (maybe cut?) set of red and white wires off of a 4-pin connector to the upper playfield. The machine hasn’t been played for years, so it’s been a learning process.
Could one of you verify if there is one, or possibly two Bigfoot Body flasher(s) on the upper playfield? The harness for the flasher that mounts underneath the nearby ball guide has one set of red/white stripe and black wires that seems correct.
I cannot see where either a possible second flasher might mount or where the red& white wire pair goes. In the picture it is the red and white pair that is zip-tied to the harness.
[quoted image]

P1060804 (resized).jpgP1060804 (resized).jpg
#6994 1 year ago
Quoted from algrande:

[quoted image]

This is what the bottom of mine looks like

Any suggestions on where to buy the motor and metal stand-off?

edit…I’ve ordered a replacement 12v dc motor from pinball resource. I’ll be able to continue using the gearbox assembly, so it’s turned out to be a relatively inexpensive repair.
51D2A802-1B38-4952-8105-676E1A929478 (resized).jpeg51D2A802-1B38-4952-8105-676E1A929478 (resized).jpeg

Added 17 months ago:

It also appears that the motor is available by itself at action pinball https://www.actionpinball.com/parts.php?item=A-17903

#6995 1 year ago
Quoted from EEE:

This is what the bottom of mine looks like
Any suggestions on where to buy the motor and metal stand-off?
[quoted image]

The motor itself is not available. With gearbox:
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/14-7973

#6996 1 year ago

The coaster designs for whitewater are pretty cool and this shooter rod is a slight modification from one of those designs. I’m glad I found this option as I prefer it to a boulder on the rod.

91A3C9D1-B20E-4726-864E-DC7B5FA0FA3A (resized).jpeg91A3C9D1-B20E-4726-864E-DC7B5FA0FA3A (resized).jpegB44469DE-45FB-4CD9-A079-7C421CECC567 (resized).jpegB44469DE-45FB-4CD9-A079-7C421CECC567 (resized).jpegDDA2E820-0639-4FC9-8644-7C125130BD5E (resized).jpegDDA2E820-0639-4FC9-8644-7C125130BD5E (resized).jpeg
#6997 1 year ago
Quoted from Riefepeters:

The coaster designs for whitewater are pretty cool and this shooter rod is a slight modification from one of those designs. I’m glad I found this option as I prefer it to a boulder on the rod.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Where did you find that one? Nice shooter!

#6998 1 year ago

I would rock that shooter. I'd prefer the boulder but since I can't find one that would look cool too.

#6999 1 year ago

Does anyone here want a used set of French Pricing and Instruction cards? Free!!

DF4C1720-67D6-4A5F-B2EC-6BD5DB41AFA3 (resized).jpegDF4C1720-67D6-4A5F-B2EC-6BD5DB41AFA3 (resized).jpeg
#7000 1 year ago

Je n’ai parle pas francais! Mais merci pour l’offre!

Quoted from EEE:

Does anyone here want a used set of French Pricing and Instruction cards? Free!!
[quoted image]

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mapleton, UT
There are 7,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 140 of 157.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whitewater-club-lifejackets-not-required/page/140?hl=aflacjack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.