Topic Stats

• 5,450 posts
  • 494 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by Soulrider911
  • Topic is favorited by 229 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,588 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DB170233-9809-4317-9193-8DAEF761CDE3 (resized).jpeg
8CC2D123-66B4-4A2D-8390-29410096C60F (resized).jpeg
1015BDD3-CAD5-4406-805B-3B949C5A9365 (resized).jpeg
C024FF36-5EF0-4DB0-9AE0-751B38F1C50C (resized).jpeg
6670926D-7018-4F42-B69F-602546128487 (resized).jpeg
56f818f472fee6f68104e49c37ff9f4a679d15b5 (resized).jpg
eba1c39ecb1d2ae99f94538f835fd6dcff7b7338 (resized).png
Whitewater-Williams-1993-600x209-1038x361 (resized).png
IMG_20210116_112050_compress24 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210116_112312_compress68 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210116_113257_compress98 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210116_113310_compress45 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200929_221458_compress25 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200929_225732_compress75 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210111_220936 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210109_184455 (resized).jpg

There are 5450 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 109.
#651 6 years ago

Would love to join the club.
Anyone here have a recently restored WH20/HUO/used pin that has been well shopped/given loving attention on here.
PM if so...

#652 6 years ago
Quoted from PBINTHESOUTH:

Would love to join the club.
Anyone here have a recently restored WH20/HUO/used pin that has been well shopped/given loving attention on here.
PM if so...

There are a couple restored ones for sale now if you do a search. Expect to pay crazy money (over $6,000) for anything that's been restored.

#653 6 years ago
Quoted from mac622:

Anyone know the part #'s of the long spacer and short spacer on top of the ball guide or can tell me the correct lengths they're supposed to be? I've checked the online manual on Planetary but couldn't find them and mine is pretty mashed/chewed up on both end so not sure of the correct lengths. Thanks

photo 1 (12).jpg 337 KB

BTW - does anyone know what purpose that small spacer mounted on top of the inlane frame serves? After looking at other games I can see mine was mounted in the wrong spot (right instead of left) but it got me thinking ` what does this actually do anyway?

#654 6 years ago

Just crushed a game ! Sixth game on it as it was just delivered.
image-450.jpg

#655 6 years ago

Going to look at one of these bad boys on Sunday and super pumped to possibly be purchasing.

I've read a bit about planking on these playfields, but are there any areas in particular on the pf I should really pay attention to?

Thanks!

#656 6 years ago

look for any wear by the lost mine kickout - there is a decal you can install but I've noticed that the colors in the decal may not match the color of the playfield (due to fading/other).

Upper playfield - look for wear by the upkicker - Cliffy has a good protector for that to prevent further damage.

Planking - yup. I recently picked up a WH2O (second one I've owned) - the second one has some planking. The first one I had did not have planking.

#657 6 years ago

Is there a general area where planking usually has occurred?

#658 6 years ago

Another quick question: The pin I'm looking at may have a crack on that center ramp, the one that is generally cracked by the green lock target. I've seen repros with the ramp flap attached, but are there any other things I'd need to rivet onto a new one if I choose to purchase? Not into riveting!

#659 6 years ago
Quoted from Industen:

Want more cows? Hit this button sequence in attract mode
3L 1S 15R 1S 23L 1S

This has to be done on coin play with no credits, cows and a DOHO

#660 6 years ago

on my playfield, there is a little planking near the entrance for the disaster drop ramp.

#661 6 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Another quick question: The pin I'm looking at may have a crack on that center ramp, the one that is generally cracked by the green lock target. I've seen repros with the ramp flap attached, but are there any other things I'd need to rivet onto a new one if I choose to purchase? Not into riveting!

If you are referring to the Disaster Drop ramp (on the right side of the two green targets) - I just picked up a repro ramp from Starship Fantasies - nice ramp (riveted and came with the decal).

#662 6 years ago

There are also protectors available that cover both sides of that ramp behind the green drop targets. That should bulletproof those vulnerable areas on that ramp.

#663 6 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Going to look at one of these bad boys on Sunday and super pumped to possibly be purchasing.
I've read a bit about planking on these playfields, but are there any areas in particular on the pf I should really pay attention to?
Thanks!

I've seen it most on the right side of the playfield (below the hotfoot targets) and it often runs up into the area around the whirlpool (keep in mind there is no ball travel there). The other spot I've seen it is the entrance to the left loop. I imagine it could be anywhere though. The only place you can't really check would be back loop.

#664 6 years ago

Are there any cliffys for the ramps besides the two target protectors and the upper pf divot protector?

Edit: cliffy found.

Thanks.

#665 6 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Just crushed a game ! Sixth game on it as it was just delivered.

I assumed you were a much better player than I, but now I am certain!

#666 6 years ago
Quoted from mac622:

BTW - does anyone know what purpose that small spacer mounted on top of the inlane frame serves? After looking at other games I can see mine was mounted in the wrong spot (right instead of left) but it got me thinking ` what does this actually do anyway?

Acts as a block from keeping balls getting stuck between the ramp and the inlane guide.

#667 6 years ago
Quoted from MAJRob:

There are also protectors available that cover both sides of that ramp behind the green drop targets. That should bulletproof those vulnerable areas on that ramp.

You can get them here: http://www.mantisamusements.com/protector.htm

This page shows how they look: http://www.mantisamusements.com/wwprot.htm

Awesome for $35 and to cover the ramp damage.

#668 6 years ago

Great. Thanks Judremy

Really pumped. Kinda nervous as it's a bit expensive.. but sure it'll be worth it. Has a great topper too...

I'll post pics sunday should things work out.

#669 6 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

You can get them here: http://www.mantisamusements.com/protector.htm
This page shows how they look: http://www.mantisamusements.com/wwprot.htm
Awesome for $35 and to cover the ramp damage.

Have them on mine and they look great!!! Well worth it...

#670 6 years ago
Quoted from rad:

If you are referring to the Disaster Drop ramp (on the right side of the two green targets) - I just picked up a repro ramp from Starship Fantasies - nice ramp (riveted and came with the decal).

Did your ramp come with the boulder decal on top as well or just the waterfall decal below and behind the flap?

#671 6 years ago

Let me get this straight, as it's listed differently in different places:

the Manual lists a ramps as Suicide Canyon Ramp, but I've seen the same ramps called the Disaster Drop Ramp, as well as the Spine Chiller Ramp.

Are these denoting the same ramp? (the one to the right of the green lock target?

#672 6 years ago

Spine Chiller is the left shot on the upper PF (the one that hits the glass)

Disaster Drop is the shot to the right of the lock.

I've never heard it referred to as the suicide canyon ramp, not sure on that..

#673 6 years ago

Here's the ramp. (called Suicide Canyon on Starship's website). It came just like it looks (decal supplied with the ramp, but I had to peal and apply the decal).
http://www.starship-fantasy.com/ramps/W-Suicide-Canyon-Ramp

#674 6 years ago

Yeah, that's disaster drop.

#675 6 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Spine Chiller is the left shot on the upper PF (the one that hits the glass)
Disaster Drop is the shot to the right of the lock.
I've never heard it referred to as the suicide canyon ramp, not sure on that..

nope, the glass hitter is insanity falls. the left ramp that goes from the lower to upper PF (or returns a hard plunge) is spine chiller. disaster drop is the right ramp that loops to the left and falls into the left orbit to return.

#676 6 years ago

So Suicide Canyon Ramp = Disaster Drop Ramp

Edit: F'N CONFUSING!

#677 6 years ago

So Spine Chiller Ramp is the ramp to the left of the green lock targets?

#678 6 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

So Suicide Canyon Ramp = Disaster Drop Ramp
Edit: F'N CONFUSING!

Ive never heard suicide canyon either, need to check the manual. maybe they called it that in there and changed it on the PF

#679 6 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

So Spine Chiller Ramp is the ramp to the left of the green lock targets?

yes, its the upper/ lower PF transition ramp. its printed on the PF too, as is disaster drop.

#680 6 years ago

That's why it was confusing. The Manual calls disaster drop the suicide canyon ramp.

I think I have it straight now.

Thanks guys. Hopefully grabbing one this weekend!@

#681 6 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

nope, the glass hitter is insanity falls. the left ramp that goes from the lower to upper PF (or returns a hard plunge) is spine chiller. disaster drop is the right ramp that loops to the left and falls into the left orbit to return.

whoops, you're right. My bad, sorry for lending to the confusion. I guess I need to play this game tonight..

#682 5 years ago

Well drove 2.5 hours one way to see a white water. Saw pics first, looked nice.

After phone talks with seller, I go see it: DMD completely gassing out, planked, cracked plastics, ramps, topper was beat up.. etc etc. Credit dot too.

"oh.. the display is fine once it warms up".
All things not told to me prior. I even asked about this stuff. I really had to bite my tongue.

Seller would've let it go for $3300. LOL!!!!

I passed and drove home... another 2.5 hours.

SO If anyone's got any leads.. still looking.

#683 5 years ago

That's a damn shame. Sorry to hear it.

#684 5 years ago

Blackbeard,

I will be getting back my original in a month(plan to restore it). I have a very nice one(restored by others) in my line up that will go up for sale. So if nothing comes about in the next few months , theres still hope.

#685 5 years ago

Cool man. Keep me posted.

#686 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Been there. I've made a few extended trips to buy a pin that went bust. I'd go so far as to say that I have not bought a single pin more than a couple of years old that lived up to the seller's hype. I usually factor in spending another 20% to get the pin into the kind of shape I can live with. It's amazing what some people will offer as being in "great" or "collector quality" condition.

For much the same reason, I really dislike selling to anyone who isn't from this area. I want the buyer to see the pin in person so they aren't disappointed. That has cost me a lot of money at times, but I want to make sure that people know what they're getting.

#687 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Well drove 2.5 hours one way to see a White Water. Saw pics first, looked nice.
After phone talks with seller, I go see it: DMD completely gassing out, planked, cracked plastics, ramps, topper was beat up.. etc etc. Credit dot too.
"oh.. the display is fine once it warms up".
All things not told to me prior. I even asked about this stuff. I really had to bite my tongue.
I passed and drove home... another 2.5 hours.
SO If anyone's got any leads.. still looking.

Well you took the right descision to walk away.
Often extended trips gets you in a mood of "ahh, well those few flaws ...."
Then back home you really regret buying this, while you wanted a nice one.

Good for you!

#688 5 years ago
Quoted from Thor-NL:

Good for you!

Great point! I have done that before and it really sucks to go home empty handed but much better than settling for something that is pretty much impossible (planking) to fix. Best of luck finding a great one...they're out there!

#689 5 years ago
Quoted from Thor-NL:

Good for you!

Well said

I almost pulled the trigger, but so glad i didn't. I was convincing myself to redo cab decals and buying a complete ramp set.

Glad I made it out empty handed.

I'll find one. Hopefully without planking.

#690 5 years ago

Yeah, I've never gone to buy a machine and come home empty handed, so it's hard to say if I have what it takes. It sounds like you made the right call.

Cabinet decals: $300

New playfield: $800

New ramps: $600

Misc. parts: $200

A lot of time: priceless

1 week later
#691 5 years ago

Got another lead.. going in tomorrow night......

This one looks promising...

Keep you posted!!

#692 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Got another lead.. going in tomorrow night......
This one looks promising...
Keep you posted!!

Keep it cool!
If it's not what you really want, walk away, like the other day, be smart!

Good luck

#693 5 years ago

Search over I'm in! Still in my jeep. I'll post some pics tonight

#694 5 years ago

Guys, I remember reading about the time it takes the ball to exit the whirlpool ramp and correcting it if it takes more than the usual time. I can't find the posting.

Is this a leveling issue?

#695 5 years ago

After i rebuilt mine it seemed to take longer for the ball to drain down the pool.
The ramp wasn't seated properly and that fixed it .
so i guess leveling could cause it

#696 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Guys, I remember reading about the time it takes the ball to exit the whirlpool ramp and correcting it if it takes more than the usual time. I can't find the posting.
Is this a leveling issue?

It can be a leveling issue. It might also be that the bottom of the whirlpool isn't fitting into the playfield/lightboard hole just right.

#697 5 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

It might also be that the bottom of the whirlpool isn't fitting into the playfield/lightboard hole just right.

This was exactly my problem!

#698 5 years ago

Thanks guys.

I'll play it for a few weeks, figure out what it needs, and then shop it. I like to get most parts I'll need prior to shopping it out as I hate having a pin out of commission for long. Then again, once you start your shop, parts needed seem to just pop up.

#699 5 years ago

C'mon Blackbeard, share some pics !!
We accompanied you through your quest

Let's see the result of your hunt

#700 5 years ago

Very happy for you. I am mainly a new stern kind of guy but man o man do I love this game!!!!!
Enjoy!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Minneapolis, MN
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 5450 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 109.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside