• 630 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 days ago by MiniPinHead
  • Topic is favorited by 298 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
White Water 12-7043 Wire.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_7687 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7686 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7694 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7678 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0736 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0732 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0737 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6165 (resized).png
IMG_1689 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0518 (resized).jpeg
Pic (resized).jpg
IMG_2208 (resized).jpeg
There are 7,815 posts in this topic. You are on page 136 of 157.
#6751 1 year ago

Are you keeping or selling the Bumble?

Quoted from Pinoffski:I scraped some of the artwork off .
Vinyl is super thin?
Not like a next gen decal .?
Going to sand it off anyhow.
And put new decals on .
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
had it for sale
situation changed
will now make it better so no issues
re decal it and change it back to original
had the blue boulder mod with bumble

Added today: Thanks LTG still learning more about the hobby

#6752 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinoffski:

I scraped some of the artwork off .
Vinyl is super thin?
Not like a next gen decal .?
Going to sand it off anyhow.

I always use a heat gun to remove old decals. Sometimes you just heat & scrape small pieces, but sometimes you get a good edge and can pull off a large section. I've done 2 cabinets with regular decals and one with RadCals. I really like the RadCals because you can't wrinkle them during the application.

RadCal Installation01 (resized).jpgRadCal Installation01 (resized).jpg
#6753 1 year ago

this fit better

http://www.pinballrebel.com/pinball/coindoor/pinball_coin_door_inserts.htm

Quoted from Pinkitten:

Added some art to the coin buttons…
[quoted image][quoted image]

1 week later
#6754 1 year ago

Unfortunately I am having an issues with the Bigfoot opto's. I reflowed the soldier joints on the opto board and that appeared to solve it, until the next time I started the machine and they stopped registering again. So I decided to order a new opto board from Pinball.nl, but unfortunately still have the same problem.

Taking a picture with my camera phone shows the Opto's are lit, but don't register. They don't register in test mode even if I break the beams with a piece of card. I have checked all the wires are seated correctly in the connectors and reseated 207 and 209 on the CPU board, but they are still not registering.
20220626_122220 (resized).jpg20220626_122220 (resized).jpg
Any Suggestions?

#6755 1 year ago

I guess that I would check continuity in the wiring that goes from the opto board back to the CPU. Maybe you've got a broken wire along that path.

1 week later
#6756 1 year ago

Anyone with a bigfoot or boulder shooting rod for sale?

#6757 1 year ago

Hello everyone. I recently bought a WH20, in the previous owner told me about this issue before I bought it. Now it's time for me to try to fix it.

The issue is, not all the time, but a lot of the time, at the end of a ball, it delays running the bonus routine. Sometimes for 5 seconds, sometimes for much longer.

I've done all the basic things, I've checked all the switches in test mode, made sure all the ones that are supposed to be closed are closed, and all the ones that are supposed to be open are open, everything checks out great. I have tested all the diodes, I did have to replace a couple but the issue has not gone away.

I know it detects the drain, because it will flash BONUS for a brief moment before throwing the score back up, then sometimes going thru a ball search or 2 or 3 before finally doing the bonus routine and continuing on with the game.

Any help and ideas are greatly appreciated!

#6758 1 year ago
Quoted from Ace8Track:

Hello everyone. I recently bought a WH20, in the previous owner told me about this issue before I bought it. Now it's time for me to try to fix it.
The issue is, not all the time, but a lot of the time, at the end of a ball, it delays running the bonus routine. Sometimes for 5 seconds, sometimes for much longer.
I've done all the basic things, I've checked all the switches in test mode, made sure all the ones that are supposed to be closed are closed, and all the ones that are supposed to be open are open, everything checks out great. I have tested all the diodes, I did have to replace a couple but the issue has not gone away.
I know it detects the drain, because it will flash BONUS for a brief moment before throwing the score back up, then sometimes going thru a ball search or 2 or 3 before finally doing the bonus routine and continuing on with the game.

If it is searching for balls that seem to indicate problems with the through switches/optos for detecting the balls. Have you checked they work properly?

#6759 1 year ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

If it is searching for balls that seem to indicate problems with the through switches/optos for detecting the balls. Have you checked they work properly?

I sure have. When it happens, I immediately go into test mode and clearly see trough Left, Center, and Right closed.

I also just tried a factory reset and that didn't help.

#6760 1 year ago

Depending upon which ROM version you are running, for some reason, the word BONUS will often pop up momentarily when the machine starts a ball search (even if no new trough switch has been triggered).

So, it may not actually be detecting the drain, and is just starting a regular ball search. I suspect that one of your trough switches is not consistently triggering properly.

#6761 1 year ago

Check to make sure no other switches are triggering when trough switches are activated or any other switch in the game. Multiple switches triggering at once can make the game do funny things. You want to remove the balls and activate all switches by hand to see how the game responds.

#6762 1 year ago
Quoted from Ace8Track:

I’d be willing to bet that it’s a ball trough issue. I know you said you mentioned that you tested all the switches, but I’d wager they’re flaky.

I had the same issue with my Earthshaker. It did literally the same thing: ball drains, does the end of ball jingle, but then sits and waits went through a ball search. All the trough switches tested fine too, but after replacing all the trough micro switches, the problem went away and I never had the issue again.

Sometimes they’re just finicky.

#6763 1 year ago

It was a switch issue. I just pulled the switch arms up a bit more. Maybe one was right on the edge of open and closed and caused some logic issues. Thanks guys!

#6764 1 year ago

Just upgraded my stock translite with a mirrored backglass from CPR. Wow...what a difference! Photos don't do it justice...even more gorgeous in person.

IMG_1283 (resized).jpegIMG_1283 (resized).jpegIMG_1286 (resized).jpegIMG_1286 (resized).jpeg
#6765 1 year ago
Quoted from Zartan:

Are you keeping or selling the Bumble?

Atm Keeping the blue mountains and bumble
I may put them up for sale at future date if i sell the game..

#6766 1 year ago

Just asking if it is better to keep the pinball original..
When you are redecal a WH2O

Black inside the cab and on the back of the lower cab..
Blue on the head box..

Have seen that some restorers paint it all blue..
Inside and out ..

Started to sand the cab back inside and out.

#6767 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Just upgraded my stock translite with a mirrored backglass from CPR. Wow...what a difference! Photos don't do it justice...even more gorgeous in person.

Agree! I replaced mine with a CPR as well since my original was scratched and stained up (literally look like someone spilled coffee on the back of it).

It really brightens up the whole game. I absolutely love the mirrored bits.

#6768 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinoffski:

Blue on the head box..
Inside and out ..

I went with black to keep it original, but it should look good either way.

#6769 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinoffski:

Blue on the head box..
Inside and out ..

Stay original: black cab, blue backbox. I also think the two colors look better than solid blue. I'm almost done restoring mine.

20220421_201641.jpg20220421_201641.jpg
#6770 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

The quality of the White Water mirrored backglass is very good. The only thing I wish they would do better on is the mirror effect. I was expecting mine to look more like the older Bally's mirrored backglasses in regards to reflection, but the CPRs are not a real mirror effect. It looks more like those mirror effect spray paints.

#6771 1 year ago

I guess I’m part of the club now after a long search!

The electronics look good and are pretty shiny, the ramps are not perfect but OK, the cabinet needs a complete make-over and the playfield… well, that’s what worries me. I have two options:

1// buy a Mirco playfield to replace the old one (and wait a year before installing it because it’s not cured??), hoping the drilled holes match.

2// carefully remove the big pieces of dirty Mylar (scary), clean everything, give the PF a light sanding, applying a thin layer of clean coat, ask a professional airbrush artist to do some touch-ups here and there and clean coat until done. Respecting the curing periods and sanding of course.

What is my best option? Is no. 2 even possible on a Diamond Plate or is that asking for trouble? Am I crazy to even try this on a WPC?

BF775522-1C91-4679-8277-52618A7AABA0 (resized).jpegBF775522-1C91-4679-8277-52618A7AABA0 (resized).jpeg
#6772 1 year ago

Diamond plate I’d give much better odds with removing Mylar, unless you got planking or some other odd damage. Not a problem to remove Mylar, touch up and restore an original. Option #2 is a good one, but depending on who you go with and how much touch up, mirco might be a better gamble, and like you say who knows what you get with the clear, I’ve had good luck myself.

#6773 1 year ago

I have another question: how do people clean Bigfoot’s fur? Hahaha! No really.

#6774 1 year ago
Quoted from Frogroar:

I have another question: how do people clean Bigfoot’s fur? Hahaha! No really.

Shampoo

#6775 1 year ago

2nd time in a week, flashers fuse blows.

Any idea what could be the problem?

#6776 1 year ago
Quoted from Paseb:

Bulbs?

#6777 1 year ago
Quoted from Paseb:

Short in the socket(s). Check each socket carefully. Bet one has a small piece (like a strand) of wire in it. Pulled my hair out chasing something like that down in an AFM.

Edit: only applies if it takes a bit for the fuse to go. If it pops right away something else is amiss.

#6778 1 year ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

Short in the socket(s). Check each socket carefully. Bet one has a small piece (like a strand) of wire in it. Pulled my hair out chasing something like that down in an AFM.
Edit: only applies if it takes a bit for the fuse to go. If it pops right away something else is amiss.

I had a similar issue with GI blowing a fuse. Only way to find bad socket was to one by one remove from daisy chain. Then bingo found shorted socket

#6779 1 year ago

I have an original White Water Topper complete (Dome / arched frame and metal etched decal). Curious what you feel it's worth?

I'll be selling it soon.

Thanks for your input.

Kerry

#6780 1 year ago

I bought one for $500 a year or Ago. But have heard higher numbers.

#6781 1 year ago

I would imagine the value would be between $500 and $1000. Depends greatly on the condition of the sticker and how wrinkled it is.

#6782 1 year ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

I have an original White Water Topper complete (Dome / arched frame and metal etched decal). Curious what you feel it's worth?
I'll be selling it soon.
Thanks for your input.
Kerry

Post som pics Kerry!

I may be interested depending on condition.

#6783 1 year ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

I'll be selling it soon.
Thanks for your input.
Kerry

In this crazy market I think you will find a buyer at or near $1K especially if it's in perfect, non-wrinkled condition.

#6784 1 year ago

Thanks Guys for your input.

I'll try to get some picts posted today.

Kerry

#6785 1 year ago

White Water topper pictures.

Note: the dome is in nice condition however, they can be purchased brand new at Planetary Pinball $115 or at Marco $150, plus shipping
DSCN0151 (resized).JPGDSCN0151 (resized).JPGDSCN0166 (resized).JPGDSCN0166 (resized).JPG

#6786 1 year ago

Interesting to compare mine with yours. I always thought the bubbles were a defect. Looks like it was part of the design I guess. Yours has almost identical bubbles on the left side.

IMG_1321 (resized).jpegIMG_1321 (resized).jpeg
#6787 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Interesting to compare mine with yours. I always thought the bubbles were a defect. Looks like it was part of the design I guess. Yours has almost identical bubbles on the left side.
[quoted image]

No, it was not part of the design and a perfect one does not have the bubble in it. However an OG with a bubble is still way better than any other option developed so far, and possibly forever based on how hard this seems to be to recreate. With a bubble like that I would think you're looking at $500 max but again, who knows what someone may be willing to pay.

I've read of some people having luck using a hypodermic needle to pull the air out and reduce the bubble but I'm not that brave and believe it would still be wrinkled anyway.

#6788 1 year ago

Yeah, I can confirm that they don't all have those bubbles, odd that those are in the same spot though.

#6789 1 year ago

No, the bubbles were not part of the design, though a great many (most?) of them do have bubbles.

I do wonder why it seemed to be so difficult to get it on "cleanly". I don't know why it would be harder than applying any other decal, but maybe there is something about that material that made it harder to get right.

I also find it amusing that almost all Whitewaters have the same scratches on the top right side, just below the topper (from the post screws hitting it when the playfield gets raised).

#6790 1 year ago

The bubbles weren't there from the factory. They were caused by the heat of the incandescent bulbs warping the material after several decades. To try and get rid of bubbles, do the pinholes through the backside rather than the front.
VideoCapture_20220719-101424 (resized).jpgVideoCapture_20220719-101424 (resized).jpg

#6791 1 year ago
Quoted from Flipper_McGavin:

The bubbles weren't there from the factory. They were caused by the heat of the incandescent bulbs warping the material after several decades. To try and get rid of bubbles, do the pinholes through the backside rather than the front.
[quoted image]

I see...makes sense (and thx for the info everyone). Did yours need to be repaired with pinholes? If so, looks great!

Did you replace your incandescent bulbs with LED's? Curious.

#6792 1 year ago

Mine has a wrinkle in the exact same spot.

Do not use or even try LEDs. They won't produce the same effect at all. Also, you have to watch the voltage as well. I had some LEDs in a Cointaker kit and they melted.

#6793 1 year ago

I see the light board for White Water topper available at Ministry of Pinball for around $30 which uses the less common 194 bulbs. I know another person who melted some bulbs swapping them for standard 6.3v in error.

BD6C0E84-FC9A-4A63-8C86-327186CBFC39 (resized).jpegBD6C0E84-FC9A-4A63-8C86-327186CBFC39 (resized).jpeg
#6794 1 year ago

Quick ROM question: do I need to worry about changing security chips etc. when upgrading from LH-4 to LH-5 or LH-6?

Thanks!

#6795 1 year ago
Quoted from Frogroar:

Quick ROM question: do I need to worry about changing security chips etc. when upgrading from LH-4 to LH-5 or LH-6?
Thanks!

Nope

#6796 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

I see the light board for White Water topper available at Ministry of Pinball for around $30 which uses the less common 194 bulbs. I know another person who melted some bulbs swapping them for standard 6.3v in error.
[quoted image]

Hmmm, I'll have to check the voltages, but it's easy enough to do a step down board like here.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/f-14-tomcat-beacon-diy-step-down-voltage-regulator

#6797 1 year ago

I’m finally back in the club, I picked up a machine that was reimported from France, operated in the US and then it stopped working so it’s been in storage for a while since then.

it needs a few pieces to get back to being ready for the rapids.

13FA2883-0B3F-45B5-AC94-F049A7254B4F (resized).jpeg13FA2883-0B3F-45B5-AC94-F049A7254B4F (resized).jpeg181B62C6-5CE9-4058-9AC4-75A4E5A9DDE5 (resized).jpeg181B62C6-5CE9-4058-9AC4-75A4E5A9DDE5 (resized).jpeg21963064-4742-4E0B-8566-E8D9A5EB0678 (resized).jpeg21963064-4742-4E0B-8566-E8D9A5EB0678 (resized).jpeg3BB4079E-9863-4A92-8C19-7213F893579C (resized).jpeg3BB4079E-9863-4A92-8C19-7213F893579C (resized).jpeg9450964A-A372-423F-A494-42049BC6582D (resized).jpeg9450964A-A372-423F-A494-42049BC6582D (resized).jpeg9A0A6019-C448-4D87-A115-C33C2B358D55 (resized).jpeg9A0A6019-C448-4D87-A115-C33C2B358D55 (resized).jpegD453EFA7-60CD-4068-A358-CFBBA5F27623 (resized).jpegD453EFA7-60CD-4068-A358-CFBBA5F27623 (resized).jpegD4B6F528-7A05-4233-9C8D-8155F83DA7A7 (resized).jpegD4B6F528-7A05-4233-9C8D-8155F83DA7A7 (resized).jpegD4FA20BC-510F-4774-A3C1-A5D29DF4BF6F (resized).jpegD4FA20BC-510F-4774-A3C1-A5D29DF4BF6F (resized).jpegE5714032-0C10-4F0B-AB0A-8B556C557ED9 (resized).jpegE5714032-0C10-4F0B-AB0A-8B556C557ED9 (resized).jpeg
#6798 1 year ago
Quoted from EEE:

I’m finally back in the club, I picked up a machine that was reimported from France, operated in the US and then it stopped working so it’s been in storage for a while since then.
it needs a few pieces to get back to being ready for the rapids.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats on your WH2o! These are fun to restore (but expensive) with so many new parts available. Don’t forget the green lite/lock targets! 2 for $22 with free shipping isn’t bad. Marco has full sets of mountains, ramps, plastics, decals. Pricy, but fun to see it come together! Good luck!

B939108C-1CB7-4FAD-8967-53A9EFABA7BF (resized).jpegB939108C-1CB7-4FAD-8967-53A9EFABA7BF (resized).jpeg
#6799 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Congrats on your WH2o! These are fun to restore (but expensive) with so many new parts available. Don’t forget the green lite/lock targets! 2 for $22 with free shipping isn’t bad. Marco has full sets of mountains, ramps, plastics, decals. Pricy, but fun to see it come together! Good luck!
[quoted image]

I'm not sure if you know, but Pinball Parts on eBay is Mad Amusements. They have stolen tens of thousands of dollars from International Pinsiders and vendors. Myself and others have spent an immense amount of time trying to bring them to justice to no avail.

#6800 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

[quoted image]

Pinball Life has them also, cheaper.

https://www.pinballlife.com/williams-green-transparent-standup-target-3-ddeep-rectangle.html

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

7,780 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilsonville, OR
7,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
Boards
PinSound

Machine - For Sale
Indian Land, SC
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

17,250 (OBO)
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

There are 7,815 posts in this topic. You are on page 136 of 157.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whitewater-club-lifejackets-not-required/page/136?hl=flipper_mcgavin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.