Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240421_120327 (resized).jpg
20240421_120348 (resized).jpg
IMG_1106 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7186 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
White Water 12-7043 Wire.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_7687 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7686 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7694 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7678 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0736 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0732 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0737 (resized).jpeg
There are 7,832 posts in this topic. You are on page 134 of 157.
#6651 1 year ago
Quoted from JToeps:

There is a refurbed unit at 8-bit Arcade in Renton, WA that has the clearest ramps I've ever seen on a White Water, '93 or since. Gorgeous.
wrt the white trim a few posts above, why are you all so eager to steal from this person who is sharing their joy with us? Maybe you don't like the trim, but at least learn to appreciate the care someone took to customize that cabinet. The craft is there and it will only get better from here.
Protip: your machines will only hold/appreciate in value if new, interested people enter the hobby.

Protip, these are toys don't worry about appreciation. enjoy them.

#6652 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballizfun:

Protip, these are toys don't worry about appreciation. enjoy them.

exactly. let people do what they want with them and enjoy them. disappointed that (edit: many) here are so judgmental about games.

#6653 1 year ago
Quoted from JToeps:

exactly. let people do what they want with them and enjoy them. disappointed that everyone here is so judgmental about games.

Hey, watch that "everyone here" stuff! White armor, rainbow puke, excessive toy add-ons, etc... Definitely not my thing, but to each his own, I dont judge!

#6654 1 year ago
Quoted from JToeps:

exactly. let people do what they want with them and enjoy them. disappointed that (edit: many) here are so judgmental about games.

No one said he can't do it. But you put it out there for people to look at, expect honest reactions, on both sides.

#6655 1 year ago

I’m with you @JToeps! Honest opinions are taking from someone’s joy of a new machine!

#6656 1 year ago

I'm happy with it and tbh don't really care if others like it as long as i like it I've been searching for a white water for a very long time and in my eyes it's amazing still thanks JToeps and Zartan

I hope someone can help me with a problem the machine has tho
I don't get any bigfoot errors and the optos seem to be okay but the game doesn't know the position of bigfoots head what can it be?
He's not disabled and always facing the player
Head spins when hot foot is active
When i go into test 3 he just doesn't find the position and shows
:up
:diverter
:player
:unknown
At random

#6657 1 year ago
Quoted from Melly:

I'm happy with it and tbh don't really care if others like it as long as i like it I've been searching for a white water for a very long time and in my eyes it's amazing still thanks JToeps and Zartan
I hope someone can help me with a problem the machine has tho
I don't get any bigfoot errors and the optos seem to be okay but the game doesn't know the position of bigfoots head what can it be?
He's not disabled and always facing the player
Head spins when hot foot is active
When i go into test 3 he just doesn't find the position and shows
:up
:diverter
:player
:unknown
At random

There is a little control board under the playfield. (Directional board?)I forget which component goes bad, but a replacement board was available a year or so ago for not a lot of money, so I swapped it out and all good.

#6658 1 year ago

That's definitely the optos and not the motor control board. They could also just be dirty.

#6659 1 year ago

I like the white rails on White Water. Mine came that way, with silver fleck in the white. I don’t know if I would have had it done, but I’m glad it was done well. If people don’t care for that look, that’s fine, that’s a nice way to put it. Everything is subjective, there is no objectively attractive or ugly choice. I bought the white mountain kit, but haven’t changed from the original mountains yet. Both styles have their fans.

381EF06C-FA85-4FBC-B28C-C0BF5D7446FE (resized).jpeg381EF06C-FA85-4FBC-B28C-C0BF5D7446FE (resized).jpegB8289108-EA41-4019-86CA-39285322E2B1 (resized).jpegB8289108-EA41-4019-86CA-39285322E2B1 (resized).jpeg
#6660 1 year ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

That's definitely the optos and not the motor control board. They could also just be dirty.

but if it would be the optos wouldnt i have gotten an bigfoot switch error ? they seem to work fine in the test

#6661 1 year ago
Quoted from Melly:

but if it would be the optos wouldnt i have gotten an bigfoot switch error ? they seem to work fine in the test

I've had problems with the connector.
With the playfield up and machine in switch test, try wiggling the opto connectors.
If that registers in the switch test, you have the culprit.

#6662 1 year ago

What could it be if the position is everywhere unknown and if the Bigfoot stops facing the player it shows all the position. After that it rotates again a full circle with unknown position.

Optos are in switch test ok and in opto test from bigfoot. Wiggles don't show any switch registering

#6663 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Rou:

What could it be if the position is everywhere unknown and if the Bigfoot stops facing the player it shows all the position. After that it rotates again a full circle with unknown position.
Optos are in switch test ok and in opto test from bigfoot. Wiggles don't show any switch registering

Like I said... That board fixed me up. It's something on there. I don't know enough or care to learn repairs on it when a few bucks replaces it and it's good as new.

#6664 1 year ago

new owner! I just closed a deal yesterday. Will pickup monday.

already ordered brian allen stuff.

question, is the pinduino mod a must have mod?

where can i order the little pine trees?

anyone ordred these?
ebay.com link: itm

thx

#6665 1 year ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Like I said... That board fixed me up. It's something on there. I don't know enough or care to learn repairs on it when a few bucks replaces it and it's good as new.

The board under the playfield is the motor control board, but it has nothing to do with the location of bigfoot's head.

I wonder if the optos are fine, but nothing is breaking the beams from the head.

#6666 1 year ago
Quoted from Paseb:

Just my 2 cents, but no mod is a "must have" for White Water. This includes the trees, and the "missing" mountain. The game is already VERY fully featured and packed with tons of playfield mountains and sign posts. Trees and added plastic mountains just obscure more of the playfield. Pinduino is cute, but sorta takes away from the really fun stuff the ball does on insanity falls.

#6667 1 year ago
Quoted from Paseb:

new owner! I just closed a deal yesterday. Will pickup monday.
already ordered brian allen stuff.
where can i order the little pine trees?
anyone ordred these?
ebay.com link: itm
thx

I love the pindiuno on WH20...

Don't get the winter theme? Who goes white water rafting in the winter? Did mine in AZ painted mountains.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_f1f6 (resized).jpgUNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_f1f6 (resized).jpg
#6668 1 year ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

The board under the playfield is the motor control board, but it has nothing to do with the location of bigfoot's head.
I wonder if the optos are fine, but nothing is breaking the beams from the head.

We are gonna have to agree to disagree. I believe it controls the spinning of his head. I think it's called a bi-directional control board. Either way, I had these symptoms, changed that board because I believe a capacitor was bad, and my game works now.

#6669 1 year ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Problem was found bigfoot was plugged in the wrong way
Can finaly play properly ☺️

#6670 1 year ago
Quoted from Melly:

Problem was found bigfoot was plugged in the wrong way
Can finaly play properly ☺️

Nice!!!

#6671 1 year ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

Just my 2 cents, but no mod is a "must have" for White Water. This includes the trees, and the "missing" mountain. The game is already VERY fully featured and packed with tons of playfield mountains and sign posts. Trees and added plastic mountains just obscure more of the playfield. Pinduino is cute, but sorta takes away from the really fun stuff the ball does on insanity falls.

The one exception is if you have LEDs in the GI, you need GI OCD. The fade effects just don't look good without it.

#6672 1 year ago
Quoted from mystman12:

The one exception is if you have LEDs in the GI, you need GI OCD. The fade effects just don't look good without it.

I agree. I took all my LEDs out and put incandescents in. So much nicer in this game.

#6673 1 year ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

no mod is a "must have" for White Water

Except for this hat, and Polaroid to snap that indisputable proof of Big Feet!

Quoted from algrande:

Who goes white water rafting in the winter?

Right! And who would ever go rafting on a mountain with Big Foot!
29C5549A-7130-476C-961E-15DE951D6964 (resized).jpeg29C5549A-7130-476C-961E-15DE951D6964 (resized).jpeg2B682DDA-2455-4D59-8209-1143F8D3862F (resized).jpeg2B682DDA-2455-4D59-8209-1143F8D3862F (resized).jpeg

#6674 1 year ago
Quoted from mystman12:

Agree 100%.

I don't really view LEDs as a mod anymore. It's just a different lighting option (assuming it's done well, and the GI is left as white). That being said, I feel like if anyone chooses the path of LEDs, and LEDOCD board is an absolute must have on any game.

When I bought my BSD, the previous owner had already converted it to LEDs. As a purist, my intent was to remove the LEDs and replace them with incandescents during the shop out, but I opted to get the OCD board instead. It's so good, that eventually (and as my budget allows), I'll be converting every game over to LEDs *with* the OCD board.

#6675 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Where did you get that mini Polaroid that’s great ! Lol

#6676 1 year ago

If anyone is thinking about selling, please reach out, especially if you’re within a day’s drive of 25314. I gave up my nice WH20 a few years ago for $1500, and when looking for a new game now, I keep coming back to WH20. It’s the game I played most when it was out on route!

Wade

#6677 1 year ago

Yeah, that Polaroid is great!! Lol!

Wade

#6678 1 year ago
Quoted from Wade:

I gave up my nice WH20 a few years ago for $1500, and when looking for a new game now, I keep coming back to WH20.

Me thinks you have to pony up a little bit more second time around

#6679 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

[quoted image][quoted image]

where did you get bigfoot crossing sign?

#6680 1 year ago

i want polaroid and bigfoot crossing sign too hehe

please take my money

#6681 1 year ago
Quoted from Paseb:

i want polaroid and bigfoot crossing sign too hehe
please take my money

https://www.amazon.com/Worlds-Smallest-Coolest-Polaroid-Camera/dp/B01LZGPV6U

#6682 1 year ago
Quoted from That_Pin_Dude:

amazon.com link »

thanks, i ordered one.

#6683 1 year ago
Quoted from Thor-NL:

Me thinks you have to pony up a little bit more second time around

No doubt! I’ve heard the price has nearly doubled!

Wade

#6684 1 year ago
Quoted from That_Pin_Dude:

amazon.com link »

Yep! Amazon. I took a close up pic with my phone, cropped it and printed it.

The Bigfoot crossing sign is available at Back Alley Creations.

#6685 1 year ago

Anyone have a nice blue powder coat they like?

#6686 1 year ago

Hey guys, new to the river here!
E771ABB3-581F-4B84-A80A-5524E33F1440 (resized).jpegE771ABB3-581F-4B84-A80A-5524E33F1440 (resized).jpeg
I am just starting on my game, and was wondering does anyone sell (or happen to have a spare good used) of the “Boulder Garden” boulder that goes on the left pop? I know you can buy a whole set, but my mountains are pretty good except that one which was just floating there. Thanks in advance, and see you at Wet Willies!

#6687 1 year ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Hey guys, new to the river here!
[quoted image]
I am just starting on my game, and was wondering does anyone sell (or happen to have a spare good used) of the “Boulder Garden” boulder that goes on the left pop? I know you can buy a whole set, but my mountains are pretty good except that one which was just floating there. Thanks in advance, and see you at Wet Willies!

I might have one, I’ll PM you.

#6688 1 year ago

Still waiting for someone to make the boulder shooter rod...there are shooters for every pin. Cant believe no one can make these again.

#6689 1 year ago

No luck with pinkitten (thank you for checking tho) so still looking.

Btw this is the one I need. It’s actually worse than it looks as it has a large crack all the way down the side…
24C7A191-FDE0-4C6A-9311-713377686712 (resized).jpeg24C7A191-FDE0-4C6A-9311-713377686712 (resized).jpeg

#6690 1 year ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Still waiting for someone to make the boulder shooter rod...there are shooters for every pin. Cant believe no one can make these again.

i would love one too or the bigfoot would be cool as well

#6691 1 year ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

No luck with pinkitten (thank you for checking tho) so still looking.
Btw this is the one I need. It’s actually worse than it looks as it has a large crack all the way down the side…
[quoted image]

Pm sent

#6692 1 year ago

a new batch like that would be cool

shooter rod (resized).JPGshooter rod (resized).JPG
#6693 1 year ago

I think I have a couple of those, let me know if you strike out with Eric... That guy can be totally FoS!

#6694 1 year ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

I am crafting one myself. I found some toy boulders on EBay in both brown and grey, which are the right size (about the size of a golf ball). I have a raw shooter rod to screw into it. The only issue is the boulders are hollow plastic, and very light. I need to fill them with material that will firm up and harden around the shooter rod. I’ll post pics when it’s finished. These are the boulders.

050F7ACE-E810-4905-962B-039EA42B84F4 (resized).jpeg050F7ACE-E810-4905-962B-039EA42B84F4 (resized).jpeg
#6695 1 year ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

I think I have a couple of those, let me know if you strike out with Eric... That guy can be totally FoS!

Epic Fail. Help our brother out.
I have all but that one.

#6696 1 year ago

Sorry if this has been discussed multiple times already, but how can I adjust the plunge on this game? Currently, a full plunge sends the ball down the spine chiller ramp and straight down the middle nearly 100% of the time.

This really hasn't ever been a huge issue since it's usually me playing and I go for skill shots, but I have young kids in the family who just do full plunges all the time, and the game is literally unplayable for them.

#6697 1 year ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

Sorry if this has been discussed multiple times already, but how can I adjust the plunge on this game? Currently, a full plunge sends the ball down the spine chiller ramp and straight down the middle nearly 100% of the time.
This really hasn't ever been a huge issue since it's usually me playing and I go for skill shots, but I have young kids in the family who just do full plunges all the time, and the game is literally unplayable for them.

That's how it's supposed to play. It's a "skill shot" to get it just over the hump.

#6698 1 year ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

Original shooter spring is 10-148-1: medium tension.
Try the spring assortment kit, it has medium-low, and lowest tension spring too.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/10-148-XX

#6699 1 year ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

don't full plunge, you aren't supposed to, teach them.

#6700 1 year ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Epic Fail. Help our brother out.
I have all but that one.

Thanks again for checking Eric.

Still looking…

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jamestown, NC
Machine - For Sale
Montpelier, VA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 12.95
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Indian Land, SC
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
There are 7,832 posts in this topic. You are on page 134 of 157.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whitewater-club-lifejackets-not-required/page/134 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.