Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240421_120327 (resized).jpg
20240421_120348 (resized).jpg
IMG_1106 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7186 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
White Water 12-7043 Wire.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_7687 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7686 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7694 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7678 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0736 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0732 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0737 (resized).jpeg
There are 7,832 posts in this topic. You are on page 133 of 157.
#6601 2 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Don't know about the locking, but for the subway I shaved off a bit on the left side, just enough to make the opening a bit larger. It took a couple of tries, but it wasn't hard. Best thing to do is with the playfield lowered into position, look through the coin door with a flashlight to see exactly where the ball is stuck.

Yeah alnost seems like it gets stuck where I can't see it , like way left ? Definitely not all the time .

#6602 2 years ago

Ok I see where it's gets stuck ..this sticks up just a hair too far usually it has enough momentum to get over it but if it doesn't it can't roll over the little nubs .

plunger ball popper cap long_300x279 (resized).jpgplunger ball popper cap long_300x279 (resized).jpg
#6603 2 years ago

Hey mbeardsley how did you light under your mountains? It looks good.

I am not a huge fan of the strip lighting as I think it stands out versus the regular GI lighting. But your photo makes your setup look pretty natural. Wondering how you did it.

#6604 2 years ago

Ok I have the

Quoted from mbeardsley:

Don't know about the locking, but for the subway I shaved off a bit on the left side, just enough to make the opening a bit larger. It took a couple of tries, but it wasn't hard. Best thing to do is with the playfield lowered into position, look through the coin door with a flashlight to see exactly where the ball is stuck.

Figured it out the armature for the lost mine kickout and multiball kickout we're installed reversed ! They are different lengths, think it's fixed now but only put one game on it .

#6605 2 years ago
Quoted from Elicash:

Hey mbeardsley how did you light under your mountains? It looks good.
I am not a huge fan of the strip lighting as I think it stands out versus the regular GI lighting. But your photo makes your setup look pretty natural. Wondering how you did it.

Sorry for the late reply, I've been out of town all week and haven't been on Pinside.

I do have a strip light behind the mountains and it was WAY too bright. So what I did was cover up about 2/3rds of the LEDs on the strip with black electrical tape. This toned it down enough that it looks similar to the lighting for the boulders on the pop bumpers.

I also have a small strip in the trough area that I did the same thing to (though I may go back in and cover up a couple more LEDs on that one, as it's still a little too bright there).

#6606 1 year ago

ok embarrassing question. Where is the ball save setting on Wh20? went through them all but must not be looking at correct wording.

#6607 1 year ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

ok embarrassing question. Where is the ball save setting on Wh20? went through them all but must not be looking at correct wording.

As far as I know there is no ball save feature on older roms. I upgraded to the LH-6 rom which does have this feature, but that rom is free play only.

#6608 1 year ago
Quoted from SFBP36:

As far as I know there is no ball save feature on older roms. I upgraded to the LH-6 rom which does have this feature, but that rom is free play only.

This. The only time a ball will be saved is if nothing is hot to get points before a drain.

#6609 1 year ago

Does anyone have a new playfield main and upper that they are not going to use? Just checking in before i roll the dice on a mirco. Pm me if you do.

#6610 1 year ago

I think there is one on Kijiji Ontario

Quoted from Swoods5688:Does anyone have a new playfield main and upper that they are not going to use? Just checking in before i roll the dice on a mirco. Pm me if you do.

#6611 1 year ago

Brian Allen art blades, skull mountain, missing mountain, and some Comet LED’s all showed up this week. Still need to tweak the lighting a bit, but I think she’s pretty much dialed in. The camera on my phone makes the blues look really, uh…blue.

220E804F-AB1A-4BEF-B8F0-BA36EBABB918 (resized).jpeg220E804F-AB1A-4BEF-B8F0-BA36EBABB918 (resized).jpeg4EA4F3B3-9E54-48C9-A5BE-4567C54A6730 (resized).jpeg4EA4F3B3-9E54-48C9-A5BE-4567C54A6730 (resized).jpeg6D7ED654-B7BB-488C-8BC1-2E3F4AFE8274 (resized).jpeg6D7ED654-B7BB-488C-8BC1-2E3F4AFE8274 (resized).jpeg
#6612 1 year ago
Quoted from SFBP36:

Brian Allen art blades, skull mountain, missing mountain, and some Comet LED’s all showed up this week. Still need to tweak the lighting a bit, but I think she’s pretty much dialed in. The camera on my phone makes the blues look really, uh…blue.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice! May I ask WHERE the missing mountain showed up from??

#6613 1 year ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Nice! May I ask WHERE the missing mountain showed up from??

https://www.pinballshop.nl/playfield-parts/toys-and-figures/white-water-waterfall-mountain/

Super fast shipping too. Arrived to my house in CA 4 or 5 days after I ordered it.

#6614 1 year ago
Quoted from Swoods5688:

Does anyone have a new playfield main and upper that they are not going to use? Just checking in before i roll the dice on a mirco. Pm me if you do.

If you go the Mirco route, the playfield will need wet sanded and re-cleared to help prevent the delaminating and bubbling. The Mirco playfield, being new and very flat, makes it much easier to wet sand and clearcoat.

#6615 1 year ago
Quoted from SFBP36:

https://www.pinballshop.nl/playfield-parts/toys-and-figures/white-water-waterfall-mountain/
Super fast shipping too. Arrived to my house in CA 4 or 5 days after I ordered it.

Thanks for the tip!

#6616 1 year ago
Quoted from SFBP36:

There is a coin option for LH-6. I have to check what it's called. I have my WH20 on route with the newest "L6" ROM version.

#6617 1 year ago
Quoted from DK:

There is a coin option for LH-6. I have to check what it's called. I have my WH20 on route with the newest "L6" ROM version.

Ch6

#6618 1 year ago
Quoted from SFBP36:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Where did you order the trees from? Look great

#6619 1 year ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

Thanks! I got them at a local model railroading hobby shop.

#6620 1 year ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

I agree they look great but I'm afraid they will release "dust and crap" when hit or just from vibrations in the game. Don't want to vacuum the game every day.

#6621 1 year ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

To use a Gomez Addams quote from TAF...."NO NO NO!"

#6622 1 year ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

LOL. That's what went thru my mind too!

#6623 1 year ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

I agree they look great but I'm afraid they will release "dust and crap" when hit or just from vibrations in the game. Don't want to vacuum the game every day.

You shoot them with a matte clear coat. An adhesive spray would work better, but you have to find one that doesn't foam up, the Gorilla Glue spray foams up too much.

#6624 1 year ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Lol to each their own I guess. I think they give the game some good depth visually.

Quoted from Flipper_McGavin:

You shoot them with a matte clear coat. An adhesive spray would work better, but you have to find one that doesn't foam up, the Gorilla Glue spray foams up too much.

Yeah I sprayed them with a few coats of clear and they don’t make a mess.

#6625 1 year ago

Where does no skull mountain come from?

#6626 1 year ago
Quoted from PjM:

Where does no skull mountain come from?

Ebay 7 years ago.

How about this - ebay.com link: itm

LTG : )

#6627 1 year ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Lol…. Ok Bryan…I’ll add skittles colored leds instead… I know you prefer that

#6629 1 year ago

The mountain is ok, but I had to do some touchups on the shadows with a darker brown.

2022-03-05 12.01.16 (resized).jpg2022-03-05 12.01.16 (resized).jpg
#6630 1 year ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Yes, I also appreciate Larry's hard work (and investment) in producing these ramps. The quality is excellent, and I have no doubt that these ramps will hold up far better than the original ones.
I fully expected to have to fiddle with them. In my experience, all but the simplest part needs adjustment.
However, this did take more effort than I expected. I'm not complaining, I just want to let future people have realistic expectations.
Grinding edges and corners I sort of expected - I didn't expect to need to heat-shape the Bigfoot ramp. It came out great, and I'm really happy with it, but I fear that with a little less luck I could have easily ruined the ramp.
Also for future reference, my machine has Feb 1993 stamped on the playfield, maybe that means it was one of the harder ones to fit.
Anyway, I have the machine all back together now. It may still need a few minor adjustments, but it seems to be working well.
Work done this time (for its 25th anniversary of its purchase):
All new ramps (obviously),
new Bigfoot motor and driver board,
rebuilt flippers,
rebuilt pop bumpers,
switched to LEDs with (GI-OCD board),
replaced all posts and rubber (Titan),
new mountains,
several other new plastics,
complete cleaning.
It looks so much better, and it plays very very fast now.
[quoted image]

What LED Strip works best under back boulders? I like this look.

#6631 1 year ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

What LED Strip works best under back boulders? I like this look.

I'm not sure that it really matters, but the one that I am using came from PinballBulbs.com as part of their full LED kit. As it came, it was WAY too bright (almost blinding in that some of the LEDs on the strip would poke through right into your face). So I covered more than half of the LEDs with black electrical tape and that made it a lot more reasonable.

I did the same thing with the strip they provided for the drain trough. Though I still need to cover up a few more LEDs on that strip, as it's still a little too bright there.

#6632 1 year ago

I picked up one of the 'missing mountain ' mods some time ago and only now thinking of installing. There doesn't seem to be any mounting points on it ? I haven't set the machine back up yet so it may be obvious when I look but does it just sit in position somehow ? Anyone fitted one and advise.

this one
https://sites.google.com/site/redwestwh20/

#6633 1 year ago

I used Velcro. I think that is what most people did.

Quoted from Ive:I picked up one of the 'missing mountain ' mods some time ago and only now thinking of installing. There doesn't seem to be any mounting points on it ? I haven't set the machine back up yet so it may be obvious when I look but does it just sit in position somehow ? Anyone fitted one and advise.
this one

#6634 1 year ago
Quoted from Ive:

I picked up one of the 'missing mountain ' mods some time ago and only now thinking of installing. There doesn't seem to be any mounting points on it ? I haven't set the machine back up yet so it may be obvious when I look but does it just sit in position somehow ? Anyone fitted one and advise.
this one

curious if they are still in business. They also had the boulder shooter rod

#6635 1 year ago
Quoted from Ive:

this one

I made 2 holes in the mountain that lined up with screws in the ramp underneath.
Then I used threaded spacers between the mountain and the ramp beneath.

#6636 1 year ago

That’s a great idea!

Quoted from Zigzagzag:I made 2 holes in the mountain that lined up with screws in the ramp underneath.
Then I used threaded spacers between the mountain and the ramp beneath.

#6637 1 year ago
Quoted from Ive:

this one

I have this one in my game. I won't be home for a few days but I can take some pics when I get home. I may have posted pics of it in this thread already.

I have:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whitewater-club-lifejackets-not-required/page/131#post-6809650

#6638 1 year ago

Here is my take on fastening the missing mountain.

2022-05-13 07.57.18 (resized).jpg2022-05-13 07.57.18 (resized).jpg2022-05-13 07.58.34 (resized).jpg2022-05-13 07.58.34 (resized).jpg2022-05-13 07.58.50 (resized).jpg2022-05-13 07.58.50 (resized).jpg
#6639 1 year ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

curious if they are still in business. They also had the boulder shooter rod

No idea. I got mine from another pinhead.

#6640 1 year ago

I joined the club yesterday with this beaty

IMG_20220514_215909_821 (resized).JPGIMG_20220514_215909_821 (resized).JPGIMG_20220514_215912_610 (resized).JPGIMG_20220514_215912_610 (resized).JPGIMG_20220515_134510 (resized).jpgIMG_20220515_134510 (resized).jpg
#6641 1 year ago

What you need now are new ramps and a set of white mountains.

#6642 1 year ago
Quoted from lrosent345:

Or new legs, trim and cabinet

Playfield look nice.

#6643 1 year ago

First time I see posts on top of the exit of the left ramp.
Never had an issue there on my machine..

#6644 1 year ago

Tastes are different of course...but I will never understand this "Whiteout" versions some people do, if its white mountains, white rails, lockbars, legs etc.
In my view it is just darn aweful..it hurts my eyes.

#6645 1 year ago

I think it looks great! I would definitely do the white mountains to give it a finished look. I would also search for the bumble mod as well!

#6646 1 year ago

This is what I am talking about! Looks absolutely amazing!

#6647 1 year ago

that armor and coin door, ewww.

#6648 1 year ago
Quoted from lrosent345:

Ramps are all fine

Quoted from aeneas:

First time I see posts on top of the exit of the left ramp.
Never had an issue there on my machine..

They're there to protect the ramp so I'll keep them there ramp is in good condition and i want to keep it that way

#6649 1 year ago
Quoted from Melly:

Ramps are all fine

They dont look broken, but filthy and worn out! You can barely see through them. Nothing beats crystal clear ramps!

#6650 1 year ago

There is a refurbed unit at 8-bit Arcade in Renton, WA that has the clearest ramps I've ever seen on a White Water, '93 or since. Gorgeous.

wrt the white trim a few posts above, why are you all so eager to steal from this person who is sharing their joy with us? Maybe you don't like the trim, but at least learn to appreciate the care someone took to customize that cabinet. The craft is there and it will only get better from here.

Protip: your machines will only hold/appreciate in value if new, interested people enter the hobby.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Asheville, NC
Boards
PinSound

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 12.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

12,610 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mapleton, UT
$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Sugarloaf, CO
$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,832 posts in this topic. You are on page 133 of 157.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whitewater-club-lifejackets-not-required/page/133?hl=yaksplat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.