New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 57710)

WHITEWATER CLUB= Lifejackets not required

By Skypilot

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5,271 posts
  • 479 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by arcadenerd925
  • Topic is favorited by 225 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,467 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20201029_121252 (resized).jpg
20201029_121031 (resized).jpg
pop_area1 (resized).jpg
379B8A60-8E0E-4E96-86EA-B67BCC400F62 (resized).jpeg
20201013_184207 (resized).jpg
20201013_184727 (resized).jpg
16025890959781527975109406817687 (resized).jpg
PXL_20201006_182901023 (resized).jpg
920ABFAD-CD4A-48C4-9031-826D8B88FF94 (resized).jpeg
20200518_192741 (resized).jpg
PXL_20200927_221433962 (resized).jpg
FJIMG_20200919_234755 (resized).jpg
FJIMG_20200919_234746 (resized).jpg
FJIMG_20200919_234732 (resized).jpg
20200914_131258 (resized).jpg
DSC_1225 (resized).JPG

There are 5271 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 106.
#601 5 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

Umm an led in each socket.

That's how it works....no wonder I haven't been able to figure it out!!!

#602 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer22:

ok.....who has figured out the best arrangement of leds for the backbox? I'm not having the best of luck but I am sure someone has figured out the perfect arrangement.

No colors needed in my opinion. Just regular cool white frosted will make it really pop!

#603 5 years ago

I use Frosted white LEDs in a little under half the sockets for the back box.

Quoted from webdiddy:

You meant too say "what ever floats my raft"

I've never cared for the snow mountain look but hey, it works in Sweden

#604 5 years ago

Heres mine

General Pinball 019.jpg
General Pinball 016.jpg
General Pinball 017.jpg
the pink looking ones are incandesents

#605 5 years ago

are the mountains in the backbox sick? they are turning green like they need to puke.

#607 5 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Those would be trees

And on the left it would be 1 leaf.

#608 5 years ago

Yeah, all that color in the backbox is overkill mang. Less is more!

#610 5 years ago

I can't wait to get rid of all the LEDs in my new White Water. Incandescent, baby!

#611 5 years ago
Quoted from mot:

I can't wait to get rid of all the LEDs in my new White Water. Incandescent, baby!

I like incandecents in the yellow raft inserts for sure.

#612 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I like incandecents in the yellow raft inserts for sure.

Mine are incandescent now but I've done some experimenting with LEDs that look a little more yellow (which I like) but are still close to the incandescent. The incandescents can come off looking a little orange for my tastes. What I don't like is the harsh on/off of the LEDs since parts of the light show have those lights "scrolling" up the river. I'm waiting until I get a chance to install my LED OCD board to swap them out.

#613 5 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

Mine are incandescent now but I've done some experimenting with LEDs that look a little more yellow (which I like) but are still close to the incandescent.

Yellow is always the toughest color to match.

#614 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yellow is always the toughest color to match.

If I remember right, the cointaker frosted in warm white was what looked the best to me (just a little more yellow than incandescent and not too bright.) I'm going to try pink before I make my final decision though.

#615 5 years ago

I'll tell you the only thing i hate aboot Wh20, the goddamn insanity Falls switch. If you have to replace it, it's directly in the hardest spot to reach. It would probably be easy with a PF prop arm...which for some reason isn;t on the machine.

That upper PF lamp location is also horrible, but I've moved on and just accepted no light there.

#616 5 years ago

I'm interested to hear how the LED OCD works, please keep us updated!

I've been considering adding one for the GI, as well. The game has some nice fading effects that are unfortunately lost with the addition of LEDs.

#617 5 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I'm interested to hear how the LED OCD works, please keep us updated!
I've been considering adding one for the GI, as well. The game has some nice fading effects that are unfortunately lost with the addition of LEDs.

I've got both boards but need to buy the LEDs so I haven't gotten around to installing yet. The LED OCD will work with incandescents so I may go ahead and do that one soon but the GI OCD pretty much needs all LEDs so I have to purchase those first.

One of the main reasons I bought the GI OCD was to LED the backbox, which pretty much looks too orange/yellow for my tastes with the incandescents in there. One thing I'll really hate to give up though is my blue incandescents in the back. They give a really nice light that matches the aqua of the game really well.

#618 5 years ago

The sunlight LEDs from Comet may be what some of you want to get that color in between the cool white and the warm white. It looks like sunlight which is nice.

#619 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I'll tell you the only thing i hate aboot Wh20, the goddamn insanity Falls switch. If you have to replace it, it's directly in the hardest spot to reach. It would probably be easy with a PF prop arm...which for some reason isn;t on the machine.
That upper PF lamp location is also horrible, but I've moved on and just accepted no light there.

LOL..I had a battle with that switch too.....such a pain to get to and I had to do it a few times before I got it right. We have since made up and moved on

#620 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

LOL..I had a battle with that switch too.....such a pain to get to and I had to do it a few times before I got it right. We have since made up and moved on

It's attached to the ramp, no? It's pretty a quick job to just remove that whole ramp.

#621 5 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

It's attached to the ramp, no? It's pretty a quick job to just remove that whole ramp.

Yeah...I'm a touch more sick of taking of the ramp than dealing with the switch itself...but it's close

#622 5 years ago

I ordered the spine chiller and watch out for the drop decals.
The watch out for the drop doesnt suit the plastic!
Looking at a few pics there seems to be 2 styles of plastic for the disaster drop .
heres mine
2014-12-15 19.32.35.jpg

#623 5 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

Looking at a few pics there seems to be 2 styles of plastic for the disaster drop .
heres mine

2014-12-15 19.32.35.jpg 162 KB

And I'm sorry to say they look terrible all over.

Post edited by webdiddy: spelling

#624 5 years ago
Quoted from webdiddy:

And I'm sorry to say the look terrible all over.

Hmmm I might be with you on the watch out for the drop one.
The other one looks good imo.
Nice quality decals tho

#625 5 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

heres mine

I don't think there are two plastics. I think the way that is made, you need to flip the plastic vertically and then the screw holes SHOULD line up.

#626 5 years ago

Hey everyone!

New to the club here! Just got a nice deal on a players condition machine. Loving the game so far!!

The only drawback to the purchase: no topper, light boards, or light board wiring harness. If anyone has an original with the foil decal for sale, or know someone who does please send them my way!!

Once I get my WH20 all cleaned up and nice I think it is going to be a keeper for me...

Thanks!

#627 5 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

I don't think there are two plastics. I think the way that is made, you need to flip the plastic vertically and then the screw holes SHOULD line up.

Yes i am a dope

#628 5 years ago

You aren't a dope. Sometimes the simplest answer is the right one.

#629 5 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

Hey everyone!
New to the club here! Just got a nice deal on a players condition machine. Loving the game so far!!
The only drawback to the purchase: no topper, light boards, or light board wiring harness. If anyone has an original with the foil decal for sale, or know someone who does please send them my way!!
Once I get my WH20 all cleaned up and nice I think it is going to be a keeper for me...
Thanks!

There is someone here on pinside that makes the wire harness and you can buy the light boards as well. The topper foil being that one issue....haven't kept up with that huge thread but was suppose to get reproduced

#630 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer22:

There is someone here on pinside that makes the wire harness and you can buy the light boards as well. The topper foil being that one issue....haven't kept up with that huge thread but was suppose to get reproduced

Thanks! If anyone knows who makes the wiring harness let me know. I know great lakes modular has them, but they are $60...trying to save a little bit there. I think marco has them as well for $39.

Got the two light boards for $25 shipped...three of the bulb sockets are broken off one of the boards, but I figure my novice soldering skills should be able to handle that.

Yeah, the repro topper news has been very quiet. In October Twisted Pins posted on the PPS forums that the toppers were done but they were having issues with the adhesive on the back, and should be resolved shortly. Well, that was two months ago. I hope those toppers come to fruition, look good, and I can pick one of those up.

#631 5 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

Thanks! If anyone knows who makes the wiring harness let me know. I know great lakes modular has them, but they are $60...trying to save a little bit there. I think marco has them as well for $39.
Got the two light boards for $25 shipped...three of the bulb sockets are broken off one of the boards, but I figure my novice soldering skills should be able to handle that.
Yeah, the repro topper news has been very quiet. In October Twisted Pins posted on the PPS forums that the toppers were done but they were having issues with the adhesive on the back, and should be resolved shortly. Well, that was two months ago. I hope those toppers come to fruition, look good, and I can pick one of those up.

Pinballdoctor1 makes the harness here on pinside

#632 5 years ago

Epic game for me this morning. It'll be a while before I do this again. Could have been better, but the whirlpool exit ramp switch is acting up, and didn't register some of the shots I made...

IMG_20141220_051533_426_zpsohmmj4ul.jpg
#633 5 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

heres mine

I order the rafts from Ebay, I really like them,

#634 5 years ago
Quoted from Jimmydred:

I thought It looked really cool the first I saw one done up that way. I don't know if I would go that route now for my own machine. But it still looks really cool. Perhaps snow capped mountains in the back, for the allusion of depth... Maybe.
Does anyone have the guts to re- theme a junker into a winter sledding type of game with the abominable snowman??? Now that would be insane/cool. Perhaps using some type of LCD set up like PinBallMikeD came up with for CFTBL, where the DMD should be... That would be some next level shit for sure!

I had thought about this a while ago. The white looks interesting, I wouldn't do it given the canyon PF, but when they repro'd the PFs, would have been interesting to make a few snowing mountain PF's.

#635 5 years ago

I finally scored the vacation jackpot today. Wow, maybe the best show for a wizard in pinball. Don't want to spoil anything, but keefer borrowed big from this for another big show mini wizard mode.

I didn't know what to expect when the machine went black, and thought it reset at first haha. AFM rtu borrowed a little from that as well.

1 week later
#636 5 years ago

Congrats Atomic! Not an easy Wizard mode but one of the BEST rewards by a long shot! Also, SOOO much better with the color DMD

#637 5 years ago

Wtb wh20.

Located in buffalo ny. Cash or potentially a trade of the shadow

#638 5 years ago

Anyone know where I can get a new speaker panel? Anybody making repros for these?

#639 5 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

I finally scored the vacation jackpot today. Wow, maybe the best show for a wizard in pinball. Don't want to spoil anything, but keefer borrowed big from this for another big show mini wizard mode.
I didn't know what to expect when the machine went black, and thought it reset at first haha. AFM rtu borrowed a little from that as well.

I have been a member for a few weeks now and just got the vacation jackpot yesterday. I am with you...I thought I received the old fashioned Bally/Williams reset present when I was racking up a good game. Very badass wizard mode indeed!

Also, I just got "the secret of the cow" somehow. I don't really know what I did but it was the old man with a cow...kind of cool. I really need to fork out the dough on the Color DMD.

#640 5 years ago
Quoted from MAJRob:

I really need to fork out the dough on the Color DMD.

Really worth it. Cleans up the animations a ton

#641 5 years ago
Quoted from MAJRob:

Also, I just got "the secret of the cow" somehow. I don't really know what I did but it was the old man with a cow...kind of cool.

To get "secret of the cow" you have to

(1) Complete the Bigfoot Hotfoot (i.e. you'll activate hotfoot then shoot Bigfoot's Bluff to get the map, then the key (unless you already have them), then the camera, then finally the cow) and

(2) After completeing Hotfoot, you need to get the "Spirit of the River" award from the Bouldergarden. Once you do that, you'll get the "Secret of the Cow" and then get your Spirit of the River Award.

I don't even know if you get any points for Secret of the Cow but it's cool.

Quoted from MAJRob:

I really need to fork out the dough on the Color DMD.

Yep, the animations are much better in color because you can really see what's going on.

#642 5 years ago

I just watched the color DMD vid on it at you are all so right. The animations are so much more clear. Ordering tonight!!
Thanks for the rundown with the secret cow! Total dumb luck that I got it!

#643 5 years ago

Want more cows? Hit this button sequence in attract mode

3L 1S 15R 1S 23L 1S

#644 5 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

Anyone know where I can get a new speaker panel? Anybody making repros for these?

No repros that I've ever seen. I have seen them on eBay once in a blue moon.

#645 5 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

Is yours missing, or looking for better quality?

#646 5 years ago

My whirlpool lit lamp has stopped working I think it's lamp number 55.
But the Manual says this lamp is not used?
Where are the diodes for the two lamps?
I'm going to look at it later hopefully.
Thanks

got this sorted.A loose pin in a connector.nice and easy!

#647 5 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

There is a used one on Ebay that ends tomorrow.... Not mine... Comes complete with speakers DMD and stuff... Don't know how bad you need one... But there it is.

#648 5 years ago

Anyone know the part #'s of the long spacer and short spacer on top of the ball guide or can tell me the correct lengths they're supposed to be? I've checked the online manual on Planetary but couldn't find them and mine is pretty mashed/chewed up on both end so not sure of the correct lengths. Thanks

photo 1 (12).jpg
#649 5 years ago
Quoted from mac622:

Anyone know the part #'s of the long spacer and short spacer on top of the ball guide or can tell me the correct lengths they're supposed to be?

From the parts list on IPDB:

928 .2 A-16082-1 playfield plastic assy 1
929 ..3 01-9270 ball guide-flpr 1
930 ..3 31-1726-7 plfd plastic-white water 1
931 ..3 03-8022-1 "spacer .541 L""" 6
932 ..3 4006-01005-30 ms 6-32X1-7/8 p-ph 3
1026 .2 A-16444 left flipper guide assy 1
1027 ..3 01-9268 ball guide-flipper 1
1028 ..3 03-8022-1 "spacer .541 L""" 3
1029 ..3 03-6047-2 spacer 3/8 1
1030 ..3 4700-00011-00 fw .172X.437X.059 1
1031 ..3 4006-01005-20 ms 6-32X1-1/4 p-ph 1
1032 ..3 4006-01005-26 ms 6-32X1-5/8 p-ph 1

I think I'm looking at the right thing. 0.541" below the metal. 3/8" above the metal on the left side. (This matches my notes and measurements from my teardown.)

In stock at Marco:
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-8022-1
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-6047-2

#650 5 years ago

Thanks but I really need the part number or correct size of the long spacer above metal guide

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Whitewater pinball mods
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
There are 5271 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 106.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside