Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240421_120327 (resized).jpg
20240421_120348 (resized).jpg
IMG_1106 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7186 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
White Water 12-7043 Wire.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_7687 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7686 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7694 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7678 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0736 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0732 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0737 (resized).jpeg
There are 7,832 posts in this topic. You are on page 126 of 157.
#6251 2 years ago

I'm shopping out my WH20 (replacing a lot of stuff, going to LEDs, etc). I bought a "Whitewater post kit" from Marcos that has a bunch of clear star posts and a bunch of clear "narrow" posts. It also includes one post as shown below.

I haven't been able to find where this post gets used. Did Marcos include this incorrectly? Or maybe one of the posts I currently have is incorrect?

Ideas?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#6252 2 years ago

Looks like there is one in the market place

Quoted from mbeardsley:

I'm shopping out my WH20 (replacing a lot of stuff, going to LEDs, etc). I bought a "Whitewater post kit" from Marcos that has a bunch of clear star posts and a bunch of clear "narrow" posts. It also includes one post as shown below.
I haven't been able to find where this post gets used. Did Marcos include this incorrectly? Or maybe one of the posts I currently have is incorrect?
Ideas?
[quoted image]

usually in the back box. I think it keeps the translight from touching bulbs. Could be wrong though.

#6253 2 years ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

Looks like there is one in the market place

usually in the back box. I think it keeps the translight from touching bulbs. Could be wrong though.

Yes, you are correct. I looked everywhere, but never thought to look for a post in the backbox.

Thanks.

#6254 2 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Ideas?
[quoted image]

It's a kind of stopper. It stops the backbox lightboard at 90 degree.

#6255 2 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

It depends. If you are looking for original parts, the mission is almost impossible: Big Foot, ball guides, lamp boards, playfield harnesses, wireform ramps.
And of course waterfall topper.
If repro is good enough, the project is still hard, but not impossible. I can help with lamp boards and wireforms.[quoted image][quoted image]

Wow, lamp boards and wireforms would be a huge head start, will pm you.

Biggest challenge is no access to a machine to reference, I at least have an addams family here though. I can build the harnesses. So I guess 5610-12835-00 transformer, big foot mech, guides, and other oddball parts will be the hard part.

#6256 2 years ago
Quoted from radium:

Biggest challenge is no access to a machine to reference, I at least have an addams family here though. I can build the harnesses. So I guess 5610-12835-00 transformer, big foot mech, guides, and other oddball parts will be the hard part.

I didn't build from scratch but did build from pieces, and no reference besides photos online and the manual and it was enough to get it done.

#6257 2 years ago

I need a bigfoot arm!

#6258 2 years ago
Quoted from radium:

I can relate as I am trying to build a Doctor Who Pinball from parts. Lucky for me that I have a fully functioning one to reference. I have been sourcing WPC89 parts for a year now. The Transformer was an expensive hard to find, but I ran an ad. I got two people sending me pictures. I bought the first one, as the second one was asking why I needed one and wanted way more money.

I printed out the complete parts list off of the ipdb website ( https://www.ipdb.org/files/2768/Williams_1993_White_Water_Parts_List.txt ). I used a highlighter to color similar named parts on that list. Like MS - stood for machine screw, for example.

The lamp boards were hard to find, but after 6 months, I found a set in France and one in Argentina. Helps to have part number to google and find it on Ebay or Pinside in search. The hardest part for me now is the correct ball guides. Unless you find someone who recently salvaged the exact game, the unique parts are a quest for a holy grail. It looks like all the ball guides were custom made for each game, like the plastic ramps and wire guides.

Good luck on your search and be persistent.

#6259 2 years ago

Hay all! Back in the club I am about half way through the restoration now. If you want to watch me fumble along check out the Shenanigans here...

Feel free to offer up any suggestions! Thanks!

#6260 2 years ago
Quoted from Flipper_McGavin:

Also, what are the current best quality cabinet decals to buy? Cointaker's look purpleish.

I bought cabinet decals from classicarcades on ebay. They look good. The blue is more purpleish compared to what is already on the cabinet, but I think the purpleish blue was the normal color for White Water in the 90s. Red is the first color to fade on cabinet decals, which would make sense for them to lose that purple hue within the blue, making the current faded cabinets look very blue and throwing people off.

20220117_182149 (resized).jpg20220117_182149 (resized).jpg

#6261 2 years ago
Quoted from Shenanigander:

Hay all! Back in the club I am about half way through the restoration now. If you want to watch me fumble along check out the Shenanigans here...

Feel free to offer up any suggestions! Thanks!

Welcome back. Love your channel!

#6262 2 years ago

It is awesome and thanks again Peter i'm still using the ones you sent me

#6263 2 years ago

Did Endprodukt ever finish his PinSound remake for WH20?

#6264 2 years ago
Quoted from Hans_Saris:

Welcome back. Love your channel!

Thanks man appreciate it. Miss the Wh20 I sold years ago so this one will be staying

#6265 2 years ago

Thanks man appreciate it. Miss the Wh20 I sold years ago so this one will be staying

Yes, love the video so far. I'm in the middle of a shop job on my own WH20, and hoping to gain some insights from this.

#6266 2 years ago

You could have “Stored”it at my place! I wouldn’t have had to buy one myself!
Lol

#6267 2 years ago

Shenanigander ... I too watched your video. Looking forward to following your restore.

BTW: My WH20 topper does not have the mirrored type adhesive film under topper. However, my FishTales and my spare old original WH2O dome, white plastic decal back mount and original metal etched decal, both have the mirrored adhesive film under it. I may source that mirrored film out out and install it in my WH20. It may give more waterfall light effect in topper.

#6268 2 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

Shenanigander ... I too watched your video. Looking forward to following your restore.
BTW: My WH20 topper does not have the mirrored type adhesive film under topper. However, my FishTales and my spare old original WH2O dome, white plastic decal back mount and original metal etched decal, both have the mirrored adhesive film under it. I may source that mirrored film out out and install it in my WH20. It may give more waterfall light effect in topper.

The metal foil tape heating contractors use to wrap seams in ductwork works great.

#6269 2 years ago

My original WH20 dome does not have any top foil or stickers on it and I've owned it since late 1996, and I doubt that it "fell off" before that.
So, I don't believe that they originally came with the foil on it.

#6270 2 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Yes, love the video so far. I'm in the middle of a shop job on my own WH20, and hoping to gain some insights from this.

Ahh right on! I'm stumbling through ok but keep expectations low lol

Quoted from Zartan:

You could have “Stored”it at my place! I wouldn’t have had to buy one myself!
Lol

Haha you are not the 1st kind soul to offer free storage

Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

Right on, thanks man! Ok good to know thanks!

Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

The metal foil tape heating contractors use to wrap seams in ductwork works great.

Great Idea!!!

Quoted from mbeardsley:

My original WH20 dome does not have any top foil or stickers on it and I've owned it since late 1996, and I doubt that it "fell off" before that.

Awesome thanks. So most likely it never had the foil ceiling! You had that pretty close to new, very nice!

#6271 2 years ago

I haven't got a hold of Draino but haven't lost hope yet. Anyone have a spare "missing plastic" that he makes for sale? Or maybe the file/scan so I can try to get one made?

#6272 2 years ago

I haven't got a hold of Draino but haven't lost hope yet. Anyone have a spare "missing plastic" that he makes for sale? Or maybe the file/scan so I can try to get one made?

I'd also be a buyer. I have the decal on there, but it just isn't the same.

#6273 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I'd also be a buyer. I have the decal on there, but it just isn't the same.

I even have the standoffs and longer screws on order in hopes

#6274 2 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

It's factory, installed onto the top of the backbox (not on the dome), behind the light deflector (below the bulbs).

#6275 2 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

It's factory, installed onto the top of the backbox (not on the dome), behind the light deflector (below the bulbs).

Well, that's not what he was talking about. He was talking about the foil in the top of the dome like FishTales has.

#6276 2 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Agree. As far as I can tell, my game is HUO, and also doesn’t have the foil.

#6277 2 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Well, that's not what he was talking about. He was talking about the foil in the top of the dome like FishTales has.

I don't know Fish Tales topper, but he wrote:

"My WH20 topper does not have the mirrored type adhesive film under topper."

#6278 2 years ago

Those of you building a scratch game, how did you find a Bigfoot mech? This one seems like real unobtainium. I think this and guides are my biggest problem.

#6279 2 years ago
Quoted from radium:

Those of you building a scratch game, how did you find a Bigfoot mech? This one seems like real unobtainium. I think this and guides are my biggest problem.

I kicked off my project with most of the mechs, made a few guides and wired from scratch.

#6280 2 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Next time someone dusts the top dome of the topper could you take a photo of where the reflective tape goes--I still can't picture it.

#6281 2 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Next time someone dusts the top dome of the topper could you take a photo of where the reflective tape goes--I still can't picture it.

A thread search can be helpful...
All this will do is light up more of your ceiling... 99 out 100 games dont have this tape anymore. The original glue dried up from heat and the tape fell off within a few months of the game being unboxed.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07TYKFS8K/

#6282 2 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

All this will do is light up more of your ceiling... 99 out 100 games dont have this tape anymore. The original glue dried up from heat and the tape fell off within a few months of the game being unboxed.
[quoted image]
amazon.com link »

Yes, a thread search can be helpful, but I could not find any photos trying to do that. Then again, I did not think to check the saved thread photos... Thanks for your post and observations.

#6283 2 years ago

Does anyone know if whitewater uses the same cabinet/backbox as other wpc games, except for that topper lamp space?

Pretty cool they made a special modification just for that.

#6284 2 years ago
Quoted from radium:

Does anyone know if whitewater uses the same cabinet/backbox as other wpc games, except for that topper lamp space?
Pretty cool they made a special modification just for that.

The simple answer is yes... Aside from the modifications for the topper.

#6285 2 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

All this will do is light up more of your ceiling... 99 out 100 games dont have this tape anymore.

The tape is in between the lights and the decal, and lower than the bulbs. Due to it's position it reflects the light towards to the waterfall.
I have seen many White Waters, the foil was always there.

20220120_075732 (resized).jpg20220120_075732 (resized).jpg
#6286 2 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

[quoted image]
amazon.com link »

I've restored maybe a dozen WH2O's over the years and everyone of them had the tape installed and intact.

#6287 2 years ago

Does the tape make much of a difference in the waterfall effect? I don’t have any on mine.

#6288 2 years ago

Good morning,
I’m working on restoring a whitewater and during my quick play test, I noted the ball,
Once it goes into the whirlpool, doesn’t make it all the way to the VUK. The original playfield had just a big screw which actually came through the playfield to support the subway. I used a spacer PN 03-8371. Didn’t see any specific mount parts in the manual for the subway. Is this the correct one to use, or should it be shorter to increase the angle and give the ball a little more speed to make it to the VUK. Game is currently at 6.6 degrees measured at the playfield.

My wife did make it one time to the VUK, but mainly the ball just sits at the turn.

Thank you,
4F8A6B66-E4CA-4586-A5E5-D54AF9F16C45 (resized).jpeg4F8A6B66-E4CA-4586-A5E5-D54AF9F16C45 (resized).jpeg6CB2B1F2-65DA-4AE9-B0CA-B3EF67287B66 (resized).jpeg6CB2B1F2-65DA-4AE9-B0CA-B3EF67287B66 (resized).jpeg

#6289 2 years ago

Assuming that I understand you correctly, I would think the problem is more likely at the VUK than at the whirlpool.

What exactly is the ball hanging up on? There shouldn't be anything there for the ball to be stopped. Is the VUK sticking up too high perhaps?

#6290 2 years ago

I'm baffled on the reflective tape inside the topper / dome.

I've owned 4 WH20's since the mid 90's and never noticed this until now from this recent thread.

My current one has no reflective tape in it (pict below). However, it was restored and cabinet head completely repainted by someone else before my ownership.

The 2nd topper / dome was given to me by my buddy who found a nicer one for his game. It didn't have the reflective tape stuck to the painted head, behind the light channel, in front of decal... however, it did have it applied to the underside top on the dome, like FishTales's dome (pict below). Note: it is not on a WH20 game, it's sitting on top of an arcade game.

I'm going to apply the tape somewhere... maybe both top & bottom? Thoughts?

DSCN0801 (resized).JPGDSCN0801 (resized).JPGDSCN0807 (resized).JPGDSCN0807 (resized).JPG
#6291 2 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I've restored maybe a dozen WH2O's over the years and everyone of them had the tape installed and intact.

Wow! After doing mine once I think I am good for life on wh2o's Good to know about foil tape attached to the head. I will have to check mine. Did any have the foil in the dome ceiling? I think you suggested foil tape as an option before. Did you ever foil up a dome ceiling?

#6292 2 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Assuming that I understand you correctly, I would think the problem is more likely at the VUK than at the whirlpool.

You were right, getting my flashlight, I could see it just barley stopping at the turn. Could push it ever so and it would go past. I thought it wasn’t going fast enough to make the turn. Seems the new subway is a little thicker and I had to open up the area just a bit for ball clearance. So that is fixed.

Now it seems the hot foot targets (both of them) aren’t registering in game play or test mode. Not sure if they ever did work before I did the playfield swap since most of the bulbs were burned out before as well as few others. Need to sort that out next.

#6293 2 years ago

Wow! After doing mine once I think I am good for life on wh2o's Good to know about foil tape attached to the head. I will have to check mine. Did any have the foil in the dome ceiling? I think you suggested foil tape as an option before. Did you ever foil up a dome ceiling?

I remember a couple with the foil in the top of the dome. I suppose many could have been replaced and no operator was going through the trouble of installing new foil.

I chose not to try it either. Looked like too much of a bitch.

#6294 2 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

The tape is in between the lights and the decal, and lower than the bulbs. Due to it's position it reflects the light towards to the waterfall.
I have seen many White Waters, the foil was always there.[quoted image]

Ohhh...that photo of the foil tape placement makes a lot more sense--think I'll give it a try. Thanks for the photo.

#6295 2 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Good morning,
I’m working on restoring a whitewater and during my quick play test, I noted the ball,
Once it goes into the whirlpool, doesn’t make it all the way to the VUK. The original playfield had just a big screw which actually came through the playfield to support the subway. I used a spacer PN 03-8371. Didn’t see any specific mount parts in the manual for the subway. Is this the correct one to use, or should it be shorter to increase the angle and give the ball a little more speed to make it to the VUK. Game is currently at 6.6 degrees measured at the playfield.
My wife did make it one time to the VUK, but mainly the ball just sits at the turn.
Thank you,
[quoted image][quoted image]

Is it not rolling down the subway or is it getting down to the VUK area, but not making it into the VUK? I'm working on a restore myself and I noticed the new subway I picked up from Starship Fantasy is a little too narrow, and the ball gets stuck as it rounds the corner to get into the VUK. My original Subway was in pretty good condition, so I used that one instead.

#6296 2 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

Starship Fantasy is a little too narrow, and the ball gets stuck as it rounds the corner to get into the VUK.

Yep, that’s exactly what it was doing and what I bought. I widened the plastic and tightened down the screws. Seems to be working. May actually ahve to shave a bit down, or reuse the old subway as you did. Right now it is okay testing correctly after that adjustment.

#6297 2 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I remember a couple with the foil in the top of the dome. I suppose many could have been replaced and no operator was going through the trouble of installing new foil.
I chose not to try it either. Looked like too much of a bitch.

That makes sense. I doubt I will be adding any foil to my dome. I have a newer dome so it should be nice and happy with no decals

1 week later
#6298 2 years ago

Anyone else have a bigfoot whose hand and face are a little tacky/sticky? I'm assuming it's the material breaking down. I thought i saw this mentioned at one point, but I couldn't find it.

#6299 2 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I've an original WH2O (head has never been re-painted) and it does not have the foil. Probably a Friday production machine.

#6300 2 years ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

Anyone else have a bigfoot whose hand and face are a little tacky/sticky? I'm assuming it's the material breaking down. I thought i saw this mentioned at one point, but I couldn't find it.

Yes. My wrist material (where fur meets molded hands) was sticky/tacky but wouldn't adhere to the surface. Same with part of the head.
I re-adhered with Loctite Vinyl, Fabric & Plastic flexible adhesive.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

Boards
Slap Save Creations

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Asheville, NC
Machine - For Sale
Sugarloaf, CO
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,832 posts in this topic. You are on page 126 of 157.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whitewater-club-lifejackets-not-required/page/126?hl=flipper_mcgavin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.