signal-2024-02-11-16-19-43-625 (resized).jpg
20240211_155553 (resized).jpg
IMG_2558 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2557 (resized).jpeg
ww (resized).jpg
p1 (resized).jpg
p2 (resized).jpg
ww4 (resized).jpg

There are 7,781 posts in this topic. You are on page 123 of 156.
#6101 2 years ago
Quoted from tonyf1965:

Recent restoration. Lots of new parts.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great, that backbox lighting is amazing!!!!

#6102 2 years ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

Looks great, that backbox lighting is amazing!!!!

I like the playfield part, but the backbox... Why the backbox is amazing?

#6103 2 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

I agree. Lit playfield looks nice but that backbox color-puke is ... not great.

#6104 2 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Maybe not the blue, but I like the boulders kind of pop out in places.

#6105 2 years ago

Finally, after 8 or 9 years of trying to find one I joined the club!

Looking forward to restoring this when work slows down

20210926_112310 (resized).jpg20210926_112310 (resized).jpg
#6106 2 years ago

Trying to provide arms for my poor bigfoot. No idea why they are missing. Can someone please take a pic with his arms extended so I can see how/where they are connected to him? His body fur looks fine, no holes or anything, so I can't tell how I would attach them even if I find a close match for the fur.
Thanks!

#6107 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Trying to provide arms for my poor bigfoot. No idea why they are missing. Can someone please take a pic with his arms extended so I can see how/where they are connected to him? His body fur looks fine, no holes or anything, so I can't tell how I would attach them even if I find a close match for the fur.
Thanks!

The arms are empty fur glued to the hands and then the shoulders

#6108 2 years ago
Quoted from Aflacjack:

The arms are empty fur glued to the hands and then the shoulders

So they are just glued to the fur near the shoulder? I was wondering how mine doesn't have damage to the fur in that area where it would have been connected.

#6109 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

So they are just glued to the fur near the shoulder? I was wondering how mine doesn't have damage to the fur in that area where it would have been connected.

Yep!

#6110 2 years ago

Cool, thank you.

#6111 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Thanks!

DSC_2596-1 (resized).JPGDSC_2596-1 (resized).JPGDSC_2599-1 (resized).JPGDSC_2599-1 (resized).JPG
#6112 2 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Thanks!

#6113 2 years ago

Lighted flippers added.

1E43FB30-1219-48B0-8B0F-65AAC3D9B45E (resized).jpeg1E43FB30-1219-48B0-8B0F-65AAC3D9B45E (resized).jpeg28423D7D-241A-4A82-8D43-6F2E27807F80 (resized).jpeg28423D7D-241A-4A82-8D43-6F2E27807F80 (resized).jpeg3F085257-9053-4976-9216-A4637C0BA5CC (resized).jpeg3F085257-9053-4976-9216-A4637C0BA5CC (resized).jpegC1AB4A7A-C0FA-412E-816F-7670F6B61ECC (resized).jpegC1AB4A7A-C0FA-412E-816F-7670F6B61ECC (resized).jpeg

1273C2E6-3185-43F1-981F-AE4B81A78268 (resized).jpeg1273C2E6-3185-43F1-981F-AE4B81A78268 (resized).jpeg
#6114 2 years ago
Quoted from Aflacjack:

Lighted flippers added.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

Can't decide if I like it or not; one second I think it's nice then ugly then repeat...

#6115 2 years ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

Can't decide if I like it or not; one second I think it's nice then ugly then repeat...

You like it.

#6116 2 years ago
Quoted from Aflacjack:

Lighted flippers added.
[quoted image]

Not sure it's a mod I'd like the sound of but seeing it in place there, it really kinda suits the vibe of WH20

#6117 2 years ago
Quoted from Aflacjack:

Lighted flippers added.
[quoted image]

I had no idea that this was even a mod that existed. Where do you get these from? Are there wires running down the flipper shafts?

#6118 2 years ago
Quoted from Aflacjack:

Lighted flippers added.
[quoted image]

I love it!!!

#6119 2 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

I had no idea that this was even a mod that existed. Where do you get these from? Are there wires running down the flipper shafts?

No the wires run to the Gi beside it and plug into the socket via a connection LED

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lighted-flipper-kits-by-arcademadecom#post-6527714

8F997099-1EE1-4216-8A43-DD70E4F828E3 (resized).jpeg8F997099-1EE1-4216-8A43-DD70E4F828E3 (resized).jpeg
#6120 2 years ago

Alfacjack...

I prefer my original looking; dark mountain boulders, dark harry brown Big Foot, Hot Summer canyon white water rafting theme.

Pinball mods & preferences are like choosing cars: Some like white Mustangs with blue stripes, while other prefer blue ones with white stripes (like me).

Enjoy your game, you modded the way you like it!

#6121 2 years ago

The White Water lighted flipper mod has now been posted available at http://www.ArcadeMade.com

Kits can be made for other pins beyond what is listed there also.

Williams---White-Water-Close (resized).jpgWilliams---White-Water-Close (resized).jpg
#6122 2 years ago

Aflacjack or tonyf1965 where did you find the instruction cards? Those are awesome looking ones!

#6123 2 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeAction:

The White Water lighted flipper mod has now been posted available at http://www.ArcadeMade.com
Kits can be made for other pins beyond what is listed there also.
[quoted image]

Are you using some kind of new material for those translucent flipper bats? I ask because I've never seen those hold up for very long even in home use, every set I've ever tried crack.

#6124 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Are you using some kind of new material for those translucent flipper bats? I ask because I've never seen those hold up for very long even in home use, every set I've ever tried crack.

Good question: there is a strong material incorporated into the construction. I've thought about making a video with a sledge hammer or such comparing a regular flipper to one of these to show the strength in the design.

#6125 2 years ago

This site has more than one style score cards for WW. pinballcards.com

1 week later
#6126 2 years ago

Hi guys can someone please post a closeup photo of the area just in front of Bigfoot . I’m missing something outta my machine ?

DC8E8DE1-46CD-4D6F-9C2E-B1F779B77825 (resized).jpegDC8E8DE1-46CD-4D6F-9C2E-B1F779B77825 (resized).jpeg
#6127 2 years ago
Quoted from Whitewater:

Hi guys can someone please post a closeup photo of the area just in front of Bigfoot . I’m missing something outta my machine ?[quoted image]

Missing items:
White spacer: 03-8371
Metal post: 02-4426-1
Nut 6-32 nylock

20211018_102102 (resized).jpg20211018_102102 (resized).jpg
#6128 2 years ago

What settings is everyone using for their GI and LED OCD boards?

Be curious to see how others have theirs configured.

#6129 2 years ago

I have both and just installed them, so stock settings

Quoted from Jherre6:

#6130 2 years ago

Hello there I’m still on with tracking down parts for a scratch build, I’m kidding myself that I’m not doing to bad!, currently on the look out for the wire form ramps? I need both of them 12-7044 wire ramp shoot (RHS play field) & 12-7049 ball guide (Top RHS) I’ve got 12-7063
If you’ve got any spares please give me a shout
Thanks Tony
ED66E940-44AE-4F0E-909F-F173D8C16FAD (resized).pngED66E940-44AE-4F0E-909F-F173D8C16FAD (resized).png432006F5-31CB-4C53-897E-0E9E3E21B9EB (resized).jpeg432006F5-31CB-4C53-897E-0E9E3E21B9EB (resized).jpeg

#6131 2 years ago
Quoted from Jherre6:

Close to stock settings. From what I remember, the very low end of the dimming spectrum my LEDs were off or barely visible so I tuned it upwards just a little bit. A lot of this depends on what kind of LEDs you are putting in there to begin in with though.

#6132 2 years ago
Quoted from alepage:

Hello there I’m still on with tracking down parts for a scratch build, I’m kidding myself that I’m not doing to bad!, currently on the look out for the wire form ramps? I need both of them 12-7044 wire ramp shoot (RHS play field) & 12-7049 ball guide (Top RHS) I’ve got 12-7063
If you’ve got any spares please give me a shout
Thanks Tony

These are tough to find. I would look into having them made. There are a couple guys on pinside making wire ramps.

#6133 2 years ago
Quoted from Jherre6:

I have both boards using stock settings. Comet 1smd bulbs inserts and 2smd for gi with custom lighting. Looks fantastic. No harm in playing with the software to see what you like.

1 week later
#6134 2 years ago

If a ball gets hit into the lost mines scoop it will sometimes not be detected. I think I figured out that it is going up the tunnel just a little bit and getting hung up on the kicker. The ball search will eventually fire the coil, and the ball will fall into the correct spot.

Have you guys run into this before? Any ideas on how to prevent this?

2021-10-26 09_36_28-Photo - Google Photos (resized).png2021-10-26 09_36_28-Photo - Google Photos (resized).png
#6135 2 years ago

You should be able to adjust the vertical positioning of the coil with the screws that bolt it to the bracket.
I believe that they are slotted so that the coil (and therefore it's plunger) can be lowered a bit.

If that is not possible, you could also try bending the bottom part of the bracket down a bit, so the plunger sits lower.

#6136 2 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

You should be able to adjust the vertical positioning of the coil with the screws that bolt it to the bracket.
I believe that they are slotted so that the coil (and therefore it's plunger) can be lowered a bit.
If that is not possible, you could also try bending the bottom part of the bracket down a bit, so the plunger sits lower.

Yes, that. I had the same issue with mine, it took forever screwing with it, but you have to get the coil/plunger/cup lower. I was unsuccessful so eventually I took the rubber bumper off the coil stop, and replaced it with a 2mm thin piece of sticky backed rubber I had laying around... Problem gone. You can get away with just removing the stop, but you will hear the plunger clunk when it drops back down.

#6137 2 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

The adjustment screws were not enough. But bending the bracket did the trick. Thanks!

#6138 2 years ago

I am planning to switch my WH20 to LEDs soon. I know that to retain the GI fading effects that I will need the GI OCD board.

But if I want to use this board, do I have to also buy/use the LED OCD board as well?

Buying both boards, along with the LEDs themselves, will make this a very costly operation. Can I install the GI OCD now and add the LED OCD board later if I feel it is needed?

Thanks.

#6139 2 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

I am planning to switch my WH20 to LEDs soon. I know that to retain the GI fading effects that I will need the GI OCD board.
But if I want to use this board, do I have to also buy/use the LED OCD board as well?
Buying both boards, along with the LEDs themselves, will make this a very costly operation. Can I install the GI OCD now and add the LED OCD board later if I feel it is needed?
Thanks.

You can totally add in the other board later. The two can be installed independently. I have both on my machine and I think they are definitely worth it. But you can totally gauge it for yourself. What you'll notice without the LED OCD board is that the inserts will be very sharply on or off, that nice fade in and fade out is what the board will add for you. The nice thing is that if you go to sell, you could take the boards out if you wanted to keep them for something else (assuming it's the same WPC era machine). If I had to pick only one of the boards, I would do the GI OCD board for Whitewater.

#6140 2 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

You can totally add in the other board later. The two can be installed independently. I have both on my machine and I think they are definitely worth it. But you can totally gauge it for yourself. What you'll notice without the LED OCD board is that the inserts will be very sharply on or off, that nice fade in and fade out is what the board will add for you. The nice thing is that if you go to sell, you could take the boards out if you wanted to keep them for something else (assuming it's the same WPC era machine). If I had to pick only one of the boards, I would do the GI OCD board for Whitewater.

I also highly recommend LED OCD, as it makes some of the lightshows (Specifically the whirlpool lightshow where the lights spin around the playfield) look a lot smoother! Without it you can kind of see the "frames" of the lightshows if that makes any sense. GI OCD is definitely the more important upgrade on this game though.

Also remember to get standard ghosting LEDs for any circuit you plan on putting an OCD board on. The OCD board eliminates ghosting and non-ghosting LEDs won't give you the full range of brightness standard LEDs do, which is especially important for the GI effects. That said, if you plan on just starting with GI OCD, you'll be probably be fine with inserts having non-ghosting LEDs even if you later upgrade to LED OCD. The difference with those probably won't be too noticeable compared the the GI.

#6141 2 years ago

Thanks for the info guys. I will probably start with the GI-OCD board, and then if needed add the LCD-OCD board later.

#6142 2 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Thanks.

Like other said, they work independently so that's not a problem. I don't think it will look good, though. You will still need to disable fade effects and power saving mode in the game since the inserts will not be able to fade. Non ghosting bulbs might help but then you will not be able to use those with the led ocd board if you decide to get it later. I see it as a whole package - both boards and regular quality leds. It does add up but delivers the best result with zero issues.

#6143 2 years ago

Power issue!!! Need help!

I had an electrician come through and wire up the garage in the house so I can get my pinballs up and going. Told him I wanted a separate line and gave him the power needs for White Water. Unfortunately, he changed the plug to this and added this because he thought this would make sure I didn't have any power issues.

Next day, went into the garage, turned it on, heard a loud pop, and then it shut off. I saw that he switched the plugs. I switched it back to the normal plug but now I can't turn it on. I've never dealt with a power issue, was going to start poring through the threads, but hoping someone might know what to test or what to look for. I checked all the fuses and they seemed fine. I saw this burnt spot on the J121 connector. Not sure if that was always there?

Anyone able to help save my White Water?

IMG_1392 (resized).jpegIMG_1392 (resized).jpegIMG_1399 (resized).jpegIMG_1399 (resized).jpeg
#6144 2 years ago
Quoted from JackG:

I saw this burnt spot on the J121 connector.

GI lights - not your main problem - you need new connector and new pins on the board.

Quoted from JackG:

I checked all the fuses and they seemed fine.

As in pull and check with a meter ? If nothing happens when you turn it on, be sure the main fuse is good. And is the cord wired right ?

LTG : )

#6146 2 years ago

Thank you, LTG. I’ll see what I can do this weekend. I appreciate you sending this link.

#6147 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

GI lights - not your main problem - you need new connector and new pins on the board.

As in pull and check with a meter ? If nothing happens when you turn it on, be sure the main fuse is good. And is the cord wired right ?
LTG : )

Also: Why does your power cord appear to be for 220 volts? You are in the US, right? If you plug in a machine with USA settings, which expects 110 volts, you will definitely have problems!

Steve

#6148 2 years ago

I don't know what it is actually called but it is a twist lock plug that is used in construction and I'm sure has other industrial uses. Unless the dude wired it up to 220 it is for normal household current, just like it says.

#6149 2 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

I don't know what it is actually called but it is a twist lock plug that is used in construction and I'm sure has other industrial uses. Unless the dude wired it up to 220 it is for normal household current, just like it says.

I don't remember what that style is called but it's usually used for higher current applications, certainly overkill for a pinball machine. As LTG said I'd suspect the plug or the socket are wired incorrectly assuming this game worked before.

#6150 2 years ago

I'd sure be curious to see what a DMM shows on that outlet.

For that matter I would like to see how the plug on the game was wired...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement
Plastics
$ 44.95
Hardware
RavSpec
Hardware
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mapleton, UT
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs
Armor and blades
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lake Havasu City, AZ
$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
(Alt) Translites
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 40.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Fort Worth, TX
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Collegeville, PA
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics
There are 7,781 posts in this topic. You are on page 123 of 156.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whitewater-club-lifejackets-not-required/page/123?hl=bernieberg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.