Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240421_120327 (resized).jpg
20240421_120348 (resized).jpg
IMG_1106 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7186 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
White Water 12-7043 Wire.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_7687 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7686 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7694 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7678 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0736 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0732 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0737 (resized).jpeg
There are 7,832 posts in this topic. You are on page 118 of 157.
#5851 2 years ago

I have the mirrored cpr version. I am very happy with it.

Quoted from yzfguy:

Thanks. I put the translite face down last night and put little puddles of water where the genius gobbed on whiteout. And it actually softened it up so I was able to scrape it off with a fingernail. The bloody nose is gone now. He covered up a miniscule scratch with a huge gob of the stuff.
Anyway, it is presentable now, but does have a whole bunch of pinholes showing light thru if you really look. I'm ok with it, but I would still be I tereated in buying a new or really nice condition used one. Thanks, guys

#5852 2 years ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:

I have the mirrored cpr version. I am very happy with it.

I had that on my whirlwind and liked it, but I was looking at whitewater and not sure if there is enough area to be mirrored to make it worth it.

#5853 2 years ago

Hey gang, if anyone has a bigfoot head with all his original hair still intact, and willing to part with it, please PM me. I will pay cash and/or trade if there's any bits you need that I may have.

#5854 2 years ago

Hello, I have this free, I just ask for the shipping costs, but ...
I live in Switzerland !!!
If you are interested I can take pictures for you.

#5855 2 years ago

I have the diagram

IMG_20200929_102828_compress44 (1) (resized).jpgIMG_20200929_102828_compress44 (1) (resized).jpg

#5856 2 years ago

I received the “missing Mountain “. However it doesn’t have any clips or anything to attach it to the area. How do I attach it?

#5857 2 years ago
Quoted from Zartan:

I received the “missing Mountain “. However it doesn’t have any clips or anything to attach it to the area. How do I attach it?

I bought mine from an Aussie guy that was making them. It came with some velcro tape to secure it to the ramp either side of the missing mountain. It secures it quite nicely and is not visible. Mine's been in my game for a few years and stayed in place perfectly.

#5858 2 years ago
Quoted from Zartan:

I ended up using alien tape. Worked much better than the Velcro.

#5859 2 years ago

I also got the missing mountain from Dinger. At his suggestion, I tried a furniture touch up marker and holy crap, it matches very well. I colored it in with the marker, and mounted it up with one screw beneath the left side of the front entrance with some thick goopy tape on it. I'm so happy to have this in my game
First pic is how it came, then half painted to match, then done. All of about ten minutes.
IMG_20210606_093820891 (resized).jpgIMG_20210606_093820891 (resized).jpgIMG_20210606_094635768 (resized).jpgIMG_20210606_094635768 (resized).jpgIMG_20210606_100959569 (resized).jpgIMG_20210606_100959569 (resized).jpgIMG_20210606_101007255 (resized).jpgIMG_20210606_101007255 (resized).jpg

#5860 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I also got the missing mountain from Dinger. At his suggestion, I tried a furniture touch up marker and holy crap, it matches very well. I colored it in with the marker, and mounted it up with one screw beneath the left side of the front entrance with some thick goopy tape on it. I'm so happy to have this in my game
First pic is how it came, then half painted to match, then done. All of about ten minutes.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

What color marker? I need to do this as well. The colors are way off

#5861 2 years ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

What color marker? I need to do this as well. The colors are way off

We had a whole set of furniture/.hardwood floor markers from years ago. The one I used is labeled "medium."

1623009787525706667728469404780 (resized).jpg1623009787525706667728469404780 (resized).jpg
#5862 2 years ago

Thanks.

#5863 2 years ago

Just wondering if the missing mountain is available anywhere these days? If not, would a slice of pizza work? I was noticing the shape and trying to think outside the (pizza) box.

#5864 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Just wondering if the missing mountain is available anywhere these days? If not, would a slice of pizza work? I was noticing the shape and trying to think outside the (pizza) box.

I bought mine through pinball Center. They were pretty fast shipping it. It was quite pricey to ship.

#5865 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/115501
I bought this one from Dinger. It isn't the same as the one I had in my last game, but it actually fits the ramps better in some ways. He shipped super fast and even followed up to see if it arrived safely. Highly recommended and it is basically the only source for a mountain these days.

#5866 2 years ago

Hello everyone I’m trying to join the club “Slowly gathering parts” for a insane scratch build? Looking for a set of lamp boards? And the Lost Mine Mech amongst many other parts? Please let me know if anyone has anything they would part with, most things considered
Ideally I’d love a semi populated playfield? Well if you don’t ask you don’t get?
Thanks and great club

#5867 2 years ago

Couple of Comet ice blue led strips to give a water effect without over doing it

IMG_20210607_211033657 (resized).jpgIMG_20210607_211033657 (resized).jpgIMG_20210607_211036537 (resized).jpgIMG_20210607_211036537 (resized).jpg
#5868 2 years ago
Quoted from alepage:

Hello everyone I’m trying to join the club “Slowly gathering parts” for a insane scratch build? Looking for a set of lamp boards? And the Lost Mine Mech amongst many other parts? Please let me know if anyone has anything they would part with, most things considered
Ideally I’d love a semi populated playfield? Well if you don’t ask you don’t get?
Thanks and great club

I’m in the middle of doing this myself…nice to have some company! As with most things, there are some unobtainium parts that you’re going to have to get creative with, and you’re probably going to have to draw the line on what’s worth the wait to source, and what can be fabricated. Being in the UK, you’ll have some different sourcing available.

Hard to get, (just off the top of my head, hope others can add if I missed something):
Topper foil (obviously not affecting gameplay)
Light/Lamp Boards
Bigfoot Mech
GI Backglass Lightboard
Ball Guides/Wire Guides
Wireforms
Rapids/Canyon Double Switch gate (upper playfield)
Lane Guides
Miscellaneous Posts/Supports
Wire Harness
Transformer
Playfield Apron/Arch Hat Supports

The Whirlpool Eject Assembly (Lost Mine Popper Mech) is readily available from Mantis:
https://mantispinball.com/product/whitewater-lost-mine-popper/

I’ve actually been working on recreating Light Boards, ready to send them for PCB manufacturing after I understand that process. You could skip that however by wiring/mapping individual sockets; boards aren’t necessary, with the whirlpool board as an exception maybe.

Download the guide and parts list from IPDB if you haven’t already. Be warned there are a few components missing in those guides. I’d go ahead and order a fresh Mirco playfield now to use as a template though. That was my first order of business.

#5869 2 years ago
Quoted from alepage:

Thanks and great club

I did one... got most of the parts in a big buy, but had to make my own guides and a few other bits. wired the playfield from scratch. good luck man, it was a fun go for me!

mantis sells a guide kit, and a few good pieces for whitewater
https://mantispinball.com/product/misc-ball-guide-kit/

#5870 2 years ago
Quoted from RusticatedBelt:

I’m in the middle of doing this myself…nice to have some company! As with most things, there are some unobtainium parts that you’re going to have to get creative with, and you’re probably going to have to draw the line on what’s worth the wait to source, and what can be fabricated. Being in the UK, you’ll have some different sourcing available.
Hard to get, (just off the top of my head, hope others can add if I missed something):
Topper foil (obviously not affecting gameplay)
Light/Lamp Boards
Bigfoot Mech
GI Backglass Lightboard
Ball Guides/Wire Guides
Wireforms
Rapids/Canyon Double Switch gate (upper playfield)
Lane Guides
Miscellaneous Posts/Supports
Wire Harness
Transformer
Playfield Apron/Arch Hat Supports
The Whirlpool Eject Assembly (Lost Mine Popper Mech) is readily available from Mantis:
https://mantispinball.com/product/whitewater-lost-mine-popper/
I’ve actually been working on recreating Light Boards, ready to send them for PCB manufacturing after I understand that process. You could skip that however by wiring/mapping individual sockets; boards aren’t necessary, with the whirlpool board as an exception maybe.
Download the guide and parts list from IPDB if you haven’t already. Be warned there are a few components missing in those guides. I’d go ahead and order a fresh Mirco playfield now to use as a template though. That was my first order of business.

Thanks yes I've got the parts list, got a decent playfield, be interested in your light boards if it gets off the ground, been buying bits for a while now managed to come across the following from your list, note some still needed!

Topper foil (obviously not affecting gameplay) GOT
Light/Lamp Boards STILL NEEDED
Bigfoot Mech GOT
GI Backglass Lightboard GOT Something suitable Hopefully!
Ball Guides/Wire Guides STILL NEEDED
wire guides STILL NEEDED
Rapids/Canyon Double Switch gate (upper playfield) STILL NEEDED
Lane Guides gonna use Mantis Thanks for heads up
Miscellaneous Posts/Supports STILL NEEDED
Wire Harness GOT Something suitable Hopefully!
Transformer GOT
Playfield Apron/Arch Hat Supports GOT

Quoted from Kneissl:

I did one... got most of the parts in a big buy, but had to make my own guides and a few other bits. wired the playfield from scratch. good luck man, it was a fun go for me!
mantis sells a guide kit, and a few good pieces for whitewater
https://mantispinball.com/product/misc-ball-guide-kit/

Thanks for the heads up on Mantis I hadn't come across them before don't suppose anyone knows of any valid coupons for Mantis? the shipping is nearly as expensive as the order!!!!

Thanks Tony

#5871 2 years ago

One light board: https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=lightboard

Backbox:You may be able to get away with one of these, just have someone trace out the original pattern and drill: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-9419-500XX

#5872 2 years ago
Quoted from alepage:

Thanks yes I've got the parts list, got a decent playfield, be interested in your light boards if it gets off the ground, been buying bits for a while now managed to come across the following from your list, note some still needed!
Topper foil (obviously not affecting gameplay) GOT
Light/Lamp Boards STILL NEEDED
Bigfoot Mech GOT
GI Backglass Lightboard GOT Something suitable Hopefully!
Ball Guides/Wire Guides STILL NEEDED
wire guides STILL NEEDED
Rapids/Canyon Double Switch gate (upper playfield) STILL NEEDED
Lane Guides gonna use Mantis Thanks for heads up
Miscellaneous Posts/Supports STILL NEEDED
Wire Harness GOT Something suitable Hopefully!
Transformer GOT
Playfield Apron/Arch Hat Supports GOT

Thanks for the heads up on Mantis I hadn't come across them before don't suppose anyone knows of any valid coupons for Mantis? the shipping is nearly as expensive as the order!!!!
Thanks Tony

Sounds like you're well on your way. Find options for those remaining hurdles and you should be good to go.

You probably don't need the Rapids/Canyon Double Switch...that could be substituted out with a couple magnetic reed switches.

Ball guides...the Mantis set is really just generic sheet metal and will probably only work for a few guides, plus you'd have to rivet them together. I'm planning on just getting these fabricated with tabs from a playfield trace. Yeah the shipping is steep for Mantis even in the states (because of the damage being done to our postal system). These are built solidly though...thicker and more robust than the original and should last for the life of the game.

I'm finished with the Lamp Boards in KiCAD (that's the hard part), just need triple check sizes and learn how to ship them out for fabrication. Obviously will need to test them when I get them in.

#5873 2 years ago

Sounds like you're well on your way. Find options for those remaining hurdles and you should be good to go.
You probably don't need the Rapids/Canyon Double Switch...that could be substituted out with a couple magnetic reed switches.

I have reed switches in those two and the spine chiller ramp and they work perfectly. Actually cleans up the look of the game too

#5874 2 years ago

the Mantis set is really just generic sheet metal and will probably only work for a few guides, plus you'd have to rivet them together.

Yeah, I have a riveted joint on the orbit guide…

#5875 2 years ago

Ball guides...the Mantis set is really just generic sheet metal and will probably only work for a few guides, plus you'd have to rivet them together. I'm planning on just getting these fabricated with tabs from a playfield trace. Yeah the shipping is steep for Mantis even in the states (because of the damage being done to our postal system). These are built solidly though...thicker and more robust than the original and should last for the life of the game.
I'm finished with the Lamp Boards in KiCAD (that's the hard part), just need triple check sizes and learn how to ship them out for fabrication. Obviously will need to test them when I get them in.

Thanks for coming back to me your way ahead of me on this journey, "I'm only just packing my rucksack, and realising I've not got me socks or boots!" would love to hear about your lamp boards, please keep me posted. and if you fancy having a second set of guides fabricated just drop me a message!
I have been in touch with Mantis and they have said they are sure they can do something with the postage but are away for a few weeks but no rush here.

Quoted from yzfguy:

I have reed switches in those two and the spine chiller ramp and they work perfectly. Actually cleans up the look of the game too

Reed switches might be the way to go then but I'll need to read up on them, could you possibly share your set up? but they are on the distant horizon at the minute.

Quoted from nerdygrrl:

One light board: https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=lightboard
Backbox:You may be able to get away with one of these, just have someone trace out the original pattern and drill: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-9419-500XX

Thanks I didn't know these existed there's more and more generic parts now that can be adapted, its great news for the hobby

Thanks for all you help

#5876 2 years ago

Finally scored an original topper!!! anyone interested in my twisted pins remake?

59F115A9-4EE5-4C4F-9AD7-234E2BADE223 (resized).jpeg59F115A9-4EE5-4C4F-9AD7-234E2BADE223 (resized).jpeg
#5877 2 years ago

You sir have some unobtanium on your hands, we should study this specimen with intricate detail, understand it, and replicate… hahaha, congrats!

#5878 2 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Finally scored an original topper!!! anyone interested in my twisted pins remake?
[quoted image]

Only if you sprinkle it in fairy dust (glitter) first. Just kidding, I have a very slightly bubbled original on mine. Congratulations on hitting the topper lottery!

#5879 2 years ago

That's great you found an original Kneissl

I had a semi-joke thread month or two ago asking what a WhiteWater topper should cost given the topper frenzy. You have the real info now!

bobukcat mine has a bit of a bubble but it looks great! Just looks like there are some rocks that the water is running over.

#5880 2 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

[quoted image]

How much are they worth?

#5881 2 years ago

Joined the club just in time for summer.

F50181A1-65C8-4F5C-8E15-C9FD28247F8E (resized).jpegF50181A1-65C8-4F5C-8E15-C9FD28247F8E (resized).jpeg
#5882 2 years ago

Printed templates of the KiCad cut line…pretty close! I thought I could get away with a more robust whirlpool PCB since it is on standoffs, but it looks like I need to tweak the board a bit to make the outer diameter thinner (it is uncomfortably close to the adjacent dimples and post holes).

BFD73B5D-E1BD-4016-8B7D-70B3F4E54F7D (resized).jpegBFD73B5D-E1BD-4016-8B7D-70B3F4E54F7D (resized).jpeg
#5883 2 years ago
Quoted from Zartan:

How much are they worth?

I got it for $500 but that’s probably a steal in this crazy world of 1500+ toppers

#5884 2 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

I got it for $500 but that’s probably a steal in this crazy world of 1500+ toppers

If nos, that's an absolute steal. Congrats!

#5885 2 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

That's been a steal on this particular topper for at least two years!

#5886 2 years ago

Yeah, I am buying a beater of a White Water from my friend. I enjoy bringing the games back to life. That being said it's missing the topper. Someone in CT just had a beautiful machine with original topper and color DMD for $1800 more than what I am going to pay for my game. Had I not committed to my friend I would have snagged the one in CT.

#5887 2 years ago

Where can I find this mod?

8D48C38C-7F94-48AC-8CE2-531818C94C3B (resized).png8D48C38C-7F94-48AC-8CE2-531818C94C3B (resized).png
#5888 2 years ago
Quoted from Zartan:

Where can I find this mod?
[quoted image]

You can definitely find this at the top of my "why in the world?!" List.

#5889 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Nothing screams rafting, Bigfoot and American wilderness like a 60’s british Morris Traveller

#5890 2 years ago
Quoted from Sciddleybop1980:

Nothing screams rafting, Bigfoot and American wilderness like a 60’s british Morris Traveller

I like the look of it and I am a huge fan of mods(they make my machine an individual experience).

#5891 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I'm not much of a fan of these sorts of mods either, but this is actually based on the Dodge panel truck near the top right of the translite. Kind of a neat element to recreate.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#5892 2 years ago

I'm a noob at this but was able to recreate the flashlamp speaker panel board for my #BSD using KiCad off a scan of the original board and some caliper work. Made the lamp holes a little tight but otherwise it was perfect. HEP even used one in his latest restore!

Super cheap to have made too! I did mine at https://jlcpcb.com

#5893 2 years ago
Quoted from mystman12:

I'm not much of a fan of these sorts of mods either, but this is actually based on the Dodge panel truck near the top right of the translite. Kind of a neat element to recreate.[quoted image]

It’s in the alternate translite as well.

F95FFA45-F1D9-4FAA-8C16-6915903C0AD1 (resized).jpegF95FFA45-F1D9-4FAA-8C16-6915903C0AD1 (resized).jpeg
#5894 2 years ago

I tested and installed a Speaker Delay Line. Works great. Cost $8.70.
I used the 18 VAC going to the Speaker Board. J501 pins 1 & 3 to power the Delay line.
UPC1237 Dual Channel Speaker Protection Circuit Board is just using Velcro to stay in place
IMG_2631 (resized).JPGIMG_2631 (resized).JPG

Added over 3 years ago:

I used the 18 VAC going to the Speaker Board. J501 pins 5 & 7 to power the Delay line.
UPC1237 Dual Channel Speaker Protection Circuit Board is just using Velcro to stay in place

#5895 2 years ago
Quoted from WH20_Buzz:

I used the 18 VAC going to the Speaker Board. J501 pins 1 & 3 to power the Delay line.
[quoted image]

What is it?

#5896 2 years ago

Its prevents the Speaker Pop you get when switching the Machine on and off

#5897 2 years ago
Quoted from WH20_Buzz:

[quoted image]

Are these the same thing? Can you detail the wiring? All I see is the yellow wire going in. Where does a wire come out?

ebay.com link: itm

ebay.com link: itm

#5898 2 years ago
Quoted from WH20_Buzz:

[quoted image]

Can you explain how you did that and maybe link to where to order the parts? If I can eliminate that pop when powering up/down for fairly cheap I would like to.

#5899 2 years ago

Search ''UPC1237 Dual Channel Speaker Protection Circuit Board" in Ebay.
You would need the Edge Connectors and pins.

I have soldered the Power Wires to the bottom of the Board. A better way would be to splice the Power wires into the Wiring of J501 Pins 5 & 7.
I'm going to come up with a better way for the Power Wiring.
It's the 20 VAC Input

The Relay Contacts just go in Series with the Speaker wiring J 504. As you can see I made a new connector that Plugs into J504 on the Speaker Board, and the other side of the relay out put goes to the Connector that was in its Place.

IMG_2631 (resized).JPGIMG_2631 (resized).JPG

IMG_2632 (resized).JPGIMG_2632 (resized).JPG
#5900 2 years ago

Revision 2

I made an Adapter Cable. If you want to make it and the J504 Connectors,then all you need to do is order the Bits from Great Plains Electronics. Just buy the 24 Pin Connectors and cut them down to length. The Part Numbers are in the Wiring Diagram
Don't forget the Contacts AWG 20 to 18 are the ones you want. If you don't have heat shrink just use Hot Glue.
You will need a Soldering Iron

Adapter (resized).JPGAdapter (resized).JPGWiring Diagram (resized).jpgWiring Diagram (resized).jpg
IMG_2632 (resized).JPGIMG_2632 (resized).JPG

IMG_2641 (resized).JPGIMG_2641 (resized).JPG
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

12,610 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mapleton, UT
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 12.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Machine - For Sale
Montpelier, VA
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jamestown, NC
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

7,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,832 posts in this topic. You are on page 118 of 157.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whitewater-club-lifejackets-not-required/page/118 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.