• 630 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by MiniPinHead
  • Topic is favorited by 297 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
White Water 12-7043 Wire.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_7687 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7686 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7694 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7678 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0736 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0732 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0737 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6165 (resized).png
IMG_1689 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0518 (resized).jpeg
Pic (resized).jpg
IMG_2208 (resized).jpeg
There are 7,815 posts in this topic. You are on page 116 of 157.
#5751 2 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

They are tiny, you can put them on the bottom or the side with super thin 2-sided tape. They are magnetic so the ball just needs to pass by it. They dont have to be mounted in the same spot as the gate, just close where there's room to attach it. If you attach them to the side, just dont put them where a metal ramp guard is in front of it. If I was in your situation, this is the only remedy I would be looking at... But i'd wanna know about the activation range of the MRS, because the ramp openings are pretty wide.

Yes, and I wasn't sure about how fast a ball could go by and be detected. The only reed switch I ever used was in the toilet bowl of a creature to get more revolutions out of the ball without slowing it down with a switch... But that ball was nice and slow.

#5752 2 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Heck our MRS' are cheaper than $40 pop, contactless and largely invisible.....

MRS switches are awesome. Excellent alternative to a metal arm switch in certain areas where the arm slows or stops the ball. MRS doesn’t touch the ball at all! I installed 3 of them on my Who Dunnit main elevator ramp so the ball wouldn’t stop or slow down. They worked like a charm. Just a matter of personal choice, some like the standard original switches. But in tricky spots these are a creative option.

#5753 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Well, I ordered three of these. They are Williams and while they don't list the exact dimensions, they look like they might do the trick. I hope so at 40 bucks each. I searched everywhere last night and can't find the exact assembly. Kinda sucks, and I'm thinking it's not too often someone parts out a wh20. I'm just going to have to figure out how to attach two behind the upper playfield sign where the double bracket is supposed to be. The good thing is, they are behind that sign, so as long as they work, they don't have to look perfect. Now I'm excited and just have to try to find this wiring under the playfield. I only see one little harness down there, so I'll have to wait til my manual gets here to check the connections at the boards and try to follow them down.
[quoted image]

$40 is nuts for this

#5754 2 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

$40 is nuts for this

Yeah. If they were wide enough I wouldn't care but I cancelled that order and I'm going with the magnet switches

#5755 2 years ago

Ok, if these issues aren't specific enough to wh20, I will start a new topic.
Two more issues I found on my new game:
There are four flashers on the backbox panel not working properly. Two don't come on at all, two keep flashing non stop in attract mode. If I go into flasher test, they stop flashing and none of the four work during test or gameplay. Wiring looks in tact. I tried putting all incandescent flasher bulbs in, but no difference.

The other wierd thing I just noticed: if I get a high score, the game over music plays but upon ending a normal game, the sounds work during the match sequence and then just stop- no game over music.
Any suggestions?

#5756 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Any suggestions?

Grab the manual. Go over driver board connectors. Be sure they are in the right spots. Be sure the wires to each connector is in the right spots.

LTG : )

#5757 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Grab the manual. Go over driver board connectors. Be sure they are in the right spots. Be sure the wires to each connector is in the right spots.

Thanks Lloyd. Manual is on its way

#5759 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

if I get a high score, the game over music plays but upon ending a normal game, the sounds work during the match sequence and then just stop- no game over music.

What ROM revision are you running? Have you tried a factory reset or removing the batteries? Not sure if it's applicable to WPC games, but Gottlieb System 3 games do some really funky stuff when theres junk in the RAM.

#5760 2 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

What ROM revision are you running? Have you tried a factory reset or removing the batteries? Not sure if it's applicable to WPC games, but Gottlieb System 3 games do some really funky stuff when theres junk in the RAM.

Thank you. I will try a factory reset. It has L-5 in there.

#5761 2 years ago

ANyone put pinstadium in their game? Trying to decide.

#5762 2 years ago

Anybody know the part number(s) for the topper screws? Looks like there's 3 for the topper and 6 for the dome (3 in the back that go in wood, 3 in the front that go in metal). I'm guessing they are all Torx screws, probably 2 or 3 different ones.

#5763 2 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

Anybody know the part number(s) for the topper screws?

#8 x 5/8 inch Torx w/pin

#5765 2 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

Anybody know the part number(s) for the topper screws? Looks like there's 3 for the topper and 6 for the dome (3 in the back that go in wood, 3 in the front that go in metal). I'm guessing they are all Torx screws, probably 2 or 3 different ones.

These are in the parts list (for backbox lock and for topper dome):

4008-01093-16B
4008-01093-12B

And most probably this is for the topper (wood):
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/4110-01093-12B

#5766 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

ANyone put pinstadium in their game? Trying to decide.

I stole them from one of my other games to test them out and found they weren't enough. Part of the problem is there are many obstructions. The good news is that with mirror blades, sunlight comet LEDs, light up posts and spotlights it looks even better.

16207678811186289770050263619033 (resized).jpg16207678811186289770050263619033 (resized).jpg16207679059701200534675189740827 (resized).jpg16207679059701200534675189740827 (resized).jpg16207679390237028127854108615500 (resized).jpg16207679390237028127854108615500 (resized).jpg
#5767 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Thank you. I will try a factory reset. It has L-5 in there.

Whitewater doesn't have any game over music with the factory ROM (Just a high score theme). LH-6 plays the Wet Willy's music as a game over theme, and also has tons of bug fixes and general improvements. It's a must have upgrade for the game.

#5768 2 years ago
Quoted from mystman12:

Whitewater doesn't have any game over music with the factory ROM (Just a high score theme). LH-6 plays the Wet Willy's music as a game over theme, and also has tons of bug fixes and general improvements. It's a must have upgrade for the game.

Ha! No wonder! This has been driving me crazy, and I had LH 6 in my last one.. never even thought about that. Thank you so much!

It's been a minute since I bought a burned ROM. Where do you guys get yours? I found a guy online at 12 bucks but then he wants 8 to ship. I'm sure it fits in an envelope.

#5769 2 years ago
Quoted from WH20_Buzz:

The Only thing common with the Fliptronics and Big Foot Motor is the 12 VDC Wild Buss.
It's the Power Feed for the Big Foot Motor Board and the same Voltage goes to the Flipper Cabinet Opto Boards.
On the Power Driver Board Test point 1 should measure no more than 200 to 300 Millivolts AC and above 12 VDC.
Typically around 13 VDC
The higher the load the lower the voltage.
If all looks good then monitor Test Point 1 & run Big Foot from the test menu. Check for any significant increase in AC or decrease in DC
BR 5 and C30 on the Driver Board are the parts driving the 12 VDC wild Buss
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Finally got around to measuring this. Test point 1 shows about 13.65 VDC during normal play, and drops to about 13.4 when Bigfoot starts spinning.

I haven't measured VAC yet as I'm not sure how. I've read you can't put negative to ground and I'm not sure where I need to put it.

Honestly though I'm not even sure if Bigfoot is the main cause of the issue. Sometimes the upper flipper just seems weaker than normal, as if its strength gradually fluctuates back and forth over the course of a few minutes. The lower flippers also seems a bit sluggish at times. Sometimes it feels *super* snappy for a few minutes, and then it will feel kind of sluggish for a few minutes. I do have a rebuild kit for it so I'll probably try rebuilding it sometime soon as well.

#5770 2 years ago
Quoted from mystman12:

Actually, that's my biggest complaint about the LH-6 ROM. The end music / light show used to be a reward for doing well. Now you get it after any game over 30 million - which makes it happen every time.

They turned something cool and special into something old and boring.

The rest of the LH-6 ROM is great...but that change sucked.

#5771 2 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Actually, that's my biggest complaint about the LH-6 ROM. The end music / light show used to be a reward for doing well. Now you get it after any game over 30 million - which makes it happen every time.
They turned something cool and special into something old and boring.
The rest of the LH-6 ROM is great...but that change sucked.

Yeah I kind of agree. My main complaint though is that it plays the Wet Willy theme. Like, that's the wizard mode! I only want to hear that music when I reach the river ranch! They should have just used one of the regular raft themes. Even then though, there is something about the silence at the end a game of factory WH2O that I really like. The final end of ball bonus tune that plays at the end of a game is so nice I don't really need any other music to top it off.

#5772 2 years ago

Just curious, what do you guys think the odds are CGC remakes Whitewater at some point? I don't think they could duplicate the topper and personally hope it isn't remade but do wonder if it is on their list.

#5773 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

what do you guys think the odds are CGC remakes Whitewater at some point?

A billion to one. Sadly, I don't think it will happen.

#5774 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Just curious, what do you guys think the odds are CGC remakes Whitewater at some point? I don't think they could duplicate the topper and personally hope it isn't remade but do wonder if it is on their list.

zero. If they did I am sure they would come up with a different topper.

#5775 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Ha! No wonder! This has been driving me crazy, and I had LH 6 in my last one.. never even thought about that. Thank you so much!
It's been a minute since I bought a burned ROM. Where do you guys get yours? I found a guy online at 12 bucks but then he wants 8 to ship. I'm sure it fits in an envelope.

I order mine from Matt. His biz is Matt's Basement or something.

#5776 2 years ago

Off she will be going to a new home. Going to miss this one

66970F5D-61F6-4525-AE30-1E8886D77E15 (resized).jpeg66970F5D-61F6-4525-AE30-1E8886D77E15 (resized).jpeg
#5777 2 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

I stole them from one of my other games to test them out and found they weren't enough. Part of the problem is there are many obstructions. The good news is that with mirror blades, sunlight comet LEDs, light up posts and spotlights it looks even better.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Where did you get the “extra” Boulder above the skull. I can’t find it anywhere!

#5778 2 years ago

Zartan The one in the game above a person was making on Ebay for a period of time, and are not very good... I know because I bought one and promptly sent it back the mold was horrible (but maybe the one I got was a fluke).

The original “missing mountain” shown in the image below, are borderline unobtanium. Occasionally come up in Australia, and you are in luck i just checked and looks like they have one in stock here: https://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/03-8785-wf.html.
74280E81-DA2B-4E49-984B-C11303889004 (resized).jpeg74280E81-DA2B-4E49-984B-C11303889004 (resized).jpeg

I paint matched mine to match the others

#5779 2 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Zartan The one in the game above a person was making on Ebay for a period of time, and are not very good... I know because I bought one and promptly sent it back the mold was horrible (but maybe the one I got was a fluke).
The original “missing mountain” shown in the image below, are borderline unobtanium. Occasionally come up in Australia, and you are in luck i just checked and looks like they have one in stock here: https://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/03-8785-wf.html.
[quoted image]

Looks good. I ordered mine from the guy in Australia and had to repaint a bit too. Looks like you matched yours a little better, though.

Just curious, how did you create the blue water effect with leds under the ramps at the top there? Just swapping out for blue led's?

#5780 2 years ago

Off she will be going to a new home. Going to miss this one
[quoted image]

Hate that I missed out on this near perfect Wh20 but I decided I still want to keep a roof over my head.

Will someone PLEASE sell me a WH20?!?

I don't need a WH20 that walks on water or turns into a hovercraft. I just want a decent WH20 machine.

Got one that doesn't cure cancer and won't cost the price of 1,000 souls? Let's talk.

Happy to splash cash on the glass for one that isn't made for a Sultan.

That is all.

Thank you very much

#5781 2 years ago

Hey @utesichiban! Ya, I wanted just some subtle blue in the back and not overkill so I added a few Led mounts to the backboard. Just a few matrix connectors and sockets you can see here, I added one on the right as well. Key is aim them down to create diffuse light.

EA5DFA61-BAE9-4D75-B306-2492FA2561E5 (resized).pngEA5DFA61-BAE9-4D75-B306-2492FA2561E5 (resized).png
#5782 2 years ago

I repainted that back board Blue

back board (resized).jpgback board (resized).jpg
#5783 2 years ago
Quoted from WH20_Buzz:

[quoted image]

Nicely matched to the playfield blue!

#5784 2 years ago
Quoted from Latinfantom:

Hate that I missed out on this near perfect Wh20 but I decided I still want to keep a roof over my head.
Will someone PLEASE sell me a WH20?!?
I don't need a WH20 that walks on water or turns into a hovercraft. I just want a decent WH20 machine.
Got one that doesn't cure cancer and won't cost the price of 1,000 souls? Let's talk.
Happy to splash cash on the glass for one that isn't made for a Sultan.
That is all.
Thank you very much

I understand, I sold my restored one because it brought a bunch of money and then missed it. Took me forever to find a player at $3k. I will hold onto this one unless some offers stupid money. It is a great game but to me it is a $4k-$4500k game.

#5785 2 years ago

[quoted image]

Thank you Soulrider! I will order one today!

#5786 2 years ago
Quoted from WH20_Buzz:

[quoted image]

I really like that idea!

#5787 2 years ago

They are out of stock...

#5788 2 years ago

Hey Utesichiban! Ya, I wanted just some subtle blue in the back and not overkill so I added a few Led mounts to the backboard. Just a few matrix connectors and sockets you can see here, I added one on the right as well. Key is aim them down to create diffuse light. [quoted image]

Thanks man! I really like the look and sublety of it. Is it okay if I PM you later this week to get a few more details?

#5790 2 years ago

Apparently the "original" missing mountain and the boulder shooter rod are no longer available? My game feels a little naked without these!
I did order LH6 from Matt, thanks, Woody76.

#5791 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Apparently the "original" missing mountain and the boulder shooter rod are no longer available?

Seems like the person who has the ability to make these, is missing out on a ton of revenue! This seems to be increasingly common in this hobby!
Pinheads don't seem to like money... They either don't want to earn money by making products (that they're able to make) that people want... Or they're giving all their money away for ridiculously overpriced games and parts!

#5792 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Apparently the "original" missing mountain and the boulder shooter rod are no longer available? My game feels a little naked without these!

I just received “Skull Mountain” from judgedreads on eBay! I am going to clear coat it before I install it. I did find the missing mountain and Boulder shooter
Rod today. I’ve emailed them. I’ll keep you posted...

#5793 2 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Seems like the person who has the ability to make these, is missing out on a ton of revenue! This seems to be increasingly common in this hobby!
Pinheads don't seem to like money... They either don't want to earn money by making products (that they're able to make) that people want... Or they're giving all their money away for ridiculously overpriced games and parts!

I don’t think they are following the “Trending games”. If they did I think you are right they would really make some great money!

#5794 2 years ago
Quoted from Zartan:

I just received “Skull Mountain” from judgedreads on eBay! I am going to clear coat it before I install it. I did find the missing mountain and Boulder shooter
Rod today. I’ve emailed them. I’ll keep you posted...

Yeah. Those emails will go unanswered I had these on my last game and made the mistake of letting them go with the game when I sold it. I should have known I'd end up with another Whitewater!
I don't care for that skull, and it doesn't cover the weird open area in the upper left, which is why I like the old school mountain. It really looks like it should be there.

#5795 2 years ago
Quoted from Tortelvis:

Anyone know of someone that could make some decals to dress up the tops of the ramp protectors? I’m thinking something like the boulder pattern that are on the ramp decals behind them. [quoted image]

Finally found some extra decals and dressed up the Mantis protectors.

2B0DF713-6E83-4674-BEB2-A2CCC9150B8E (resized).jpeg2B0DF713-6E83-4674-BEB2-A2CCC9150B8E (resized).jpeg
#5796 2 years ago
Quoted from Tortelvis:

Finally found some extra decals and dressed up the Mantis protectors. [quoted image]

Oh, man.... That looks awesome!

#5797 2 years ago
Quoted from Tortelvis:

Finally found some extra decals and dressed up the Mantis protectors. [quoted image]

Where did you find those?

#5798 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

hello, is LH-6 the latest game rom available for whitewater ? thanks!!

#5799 2 years ago
Quoted from Pesmerga:

hello, is LH-6 the latest game rom available for whitewater ? thanks!!

Yes

#5800 2 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Where did you find those?

Marco should have the riverbed/boulder decals. I just ordered a few ramp and PF decals from them. You could cut them to fit on the Mantis protectors.

D3B91953-615A-4DA8-BDDE-FFAEE46A405A (resized).jpegD3B91953-615A-4DA8-BDDE-FFAEE46A405A (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Fort Worth, TX
Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
7,780 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilsonville, OR
$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 12.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jamestown, NC
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,815 posts in this topic. You are on page 116 of 157.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whitewater-club-lifejackets-not-required/page/116 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.