• 630 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 days ago by MiniPinHead
  • Topic is favorited by 298 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
White Water 12-7043 Wire.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_7687 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7686 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7694 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7678 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0736 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0732 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0737 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6165 (resized).png
IMG_1689 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0518 (resized).jpeg
Pic (resized).jpg
IMG_2208 (resized).jpeg
There are 7,815 posts in this topic. You are on page 114 of 157.
#5651 2 years ago
Quoted from eb94114:

I thought I started to notice the sound on my game getting quieter at times as I was playing over the past couple weeks, but I was not sure.
Now I am sure.
I took a video today showing that the sounds gets quieter at times, possibly when I push a flipper button, and then returns to normal, again possibly when I push a flipper button. It has cut out completely and then starts again.
Anyone have thoughts on how I can pinpoint what it might be? Thanks for any guidance here. I’m not a very technically savvy person but really am trying to get better with troubleshooting and repairing these games.

Install a cap kit for your sound board.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/re-cap-your-williams-sound-boards

#5652 2 years ago

Okay, maybe I'm just going crazy, but I swear the upper flipper on my WH2O gets weak during Bigfoot Hotfoot. When it's not running the ball whips around the Bigfoot ramp super fast, but during the mode it doesn't have much speed and I have to change my shot timing. Has anyone else ever experienced anything like this? It seems as if the Bigfoot motor is stealing some juice from the flipper which doesn't seem right to me. I don't think the lower flippers lose any strength either which seems weird if the upper flipper is.

#5653 2 years ago

I'm not sure what you mean by "change my shot timing". If hotfoot is not running, the ball gets diverted into the whirlpool, then through the subway, and then kicked out of the mine. If hotfoot is running, the ball goes through bigfoot cave to the right flipper.

So obviously the "shot timing" is going to be different, since it's not even a similar "shot".

As to the bigfoot motor stealing power from the top flipper, I've never noticed this on mine.

#5654 2 years ago
Quoted from mystman12:

Okay, maybe I'm just going crazy, but I swear the upper flipper on my WH2O gets weak during Bigfoot Hotfoot. When it's not running the ball whips around the Bigfoot ramp super fast, but during the mode it doesn't have much speed and I have to change my shot timing. Has anyone else ever experienced anything like this? It seems as if the Bigfoot motor is stealing some juice from the flipper which doesn't seem right to me. I don't think the lower flippers lose any strength either which seems weird if the upper flipper is.

Bigfoot is messing with you. He doesn’t want you to make that shot. Oh, no!!!

#5655 2 years ago

The Only thing common with the Fliptronics and Big Foot Motor is the 12 VDC Wild Buss.
It's the Power Feed for the Big Foot Motor Board and the same Voltage goes to the Flipper Cabinet Opto Boards.

On the Power Driver Board Test point 1 should measure no more than 200 to 300 Millivolts AC and above 12 VDC.
Typically around 13 VDC
The higher the load the lower the voltage.

If all looks good then monitor Test Point 1 & run Big Foot from the test menu. Check for any significant increase in AC or decrease in DC

BR 5 and C30 on the Driver Board are the parts driving the 12 VDC wild Buss

Big Foot (resized).pngBig Foot (resized).pngFliptonics (resized).pngFliptonics (resized).pngPoer Driver (resized).pngPoer Driver (resized).png

#5656 2 years ago

I am off to put a deposit down on a player's condition WW2O tomorrow. Hoping to pick it up next month.

It seems like the new repro ramps aren't a good fit. Is there anything else I should know about as I had planned to do a full restoration on this?

are here any solid mods for the Bigfoot, you know so he doesn't look like a guy I would want to avoid at the bar? I saw the Yeti mod, I just wasn't sure if someone came up with a more attractive, less creepy guy looking bigfoot.

#5657 2 years ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

I am off to put a deposit down on a player's condition WW2O tomorrow. Hoping to pick it up next month.
It seems like the new repro ramps aren't a good fit. Is there anything else I should know about as I had planned to do a full restoration on this?
are here any solid mods for the Bigfoot, you know so he doesn't look like a guy I would want to avoid at the bar? I saw the Yeti mod, I just wasn't sure if someone came up with a more attractive, less creepy guy looking bigfoot.

Bigfoot is always grinning! He's a happy and reasonably harmless creep!

#5658 2 years ago

Because it gets sunny on the mountain.

9FC7937C-F6E8-45D7-A797-B7D545D2299E (resized).png9FC7937C-F6E8-45D7-A797-B7D545D2299E (resized).png
#5659 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Because it gets sunny on the mountain.
[quoted image]

That is amazing!

#5660 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

I have an extra set of custom REVIR target decals if anyone would like them on their game.

These are sweeeeet.
Thanks!

0DBBADF3-47E6-4C0B-A42B-F6453B91DB98 (resized).jpeg0DBBADF3-47E6-4C0B-A42B-F6453B91DB98 (resized).jpeg8D5E9EE9-90A4-4851-8B98-6D198FA625AB (resized).jpeg8D5E9EE9-90A4-4851-8B98-6D198FA625AB (resized).jpeg
#5661 2 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

I'm not sure what you mean by "change my shot timing". If hotfoot is not running, the ball gets diverted into the whirlpool, then through the subway, and then kicked out of the mine. If hotfoot is running, the ball goes through bigfoot cave to the right flipper.
So obviously the "shot timing" is going to be different, since it's not even a similar "shot".
As to the bigfoot motor stealing power from the top flipper, I've never noticed this on mine.

By shot timing I mean the position on the flipper that I need to flip the ball to make the shot (Which obviously shouldn't be affected by whether or not the Bigfoot diverter fires when the gate switch is triggered).

Quoted from Pinkitten:

Bigfoot is messing with you. He doesn’t want you to make that shot. Oh, no!!!

I'm honestly starting to think this. I was playing again today and it seemed to behave normally, but then I kept missing No Way Out. He's living rent free in my head, haha.

I thought I posted this a few days ago, but for some reason it didn't post and Pinside reloaded it in the comment box when I checked the thread again... Strange.

#5662 2 years ago
Quoted from mystman12:

He's living rent free in my head, haha.

Same here! When that Hot Foot mode, the one where his head spins around and he says “uh oh!” when you send the ball to the upper playfield, I always over-think the shot trying to hit the ramp and send the ball through his cave! Great modes, great game. One of my all-time favs now.

#5663 2 years ago

Just curious, what do you guys consider to be a good score on Whitewater? I beat my previous high score of 1.1 billion yesterday with a score of 1.2 billion. I'm admittedly not a great player and it was only the second time I've cleared 1 billion so just curious what I need to shoot for to get to the next level....

I was close to clearing Wet Willie's stage 2 but did not get to vacation Jackpot. Love this game.

#5664 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Just curious, what do you guys consider to be a good score on Whitewater? I beat my previous high score of 1.1 billion yesterday with a score of 1.2 billion. I'm admittedly not a great player and it was only the second time I've cleared 1 billion so just curious what I need to shoot for to get to the next level....
I was close to clearing Wet Willie's stage 2 but did not get to vacation Jackpot. Love this game.

1 billion+ is a great score and something to be proud of. I think my top is around 1.5 billion.

#5665 2 years ago

I JUST cracked a billion a few weeks ago on my game. Until then, my highest scores were in the low 800,000,000s, and my averages were somewhere between 300,000,00 and 500,000,000. I consider myself a pretty decent player too. Maybe your game is set up too easy?

#5666 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I had a 1.999 billion game this weekend including Vacation Jackpot and collecting Wet Willie stage 2.

I have found that the difficulty on WH20 is greatly dependent upon how the kick-out from the Lost Mine behaves. Some machines will kick it nicely to the right flipper, some will kick it at the flipper tip (making it a near-panic every time), and some even kick it SDTM.

Mine tends to kick it just to where you can do a drop catch if you are good. The one I used to play on location would let you simply hold the right flipper up and the ball would gently roll up and back down the in-lane, letting you collect two RIVER letters in the process. That was really just too easy.

Also, if you are playing the LH-6 ROM, the hold bonus feature makes getting to Class 6 River a bit easier anyway.

As for a typical score of mine, it's unusual for me to not break 400 million, and it's very rare for the Vacation Jackpot value to make it past 200,200,000.

#5667 2 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

I had a 1.999 billion game this weekend including Vacation Jackpot and collecting Wet Willie stage 2.
I have found that the difficulty on WH20 is greatly dependent upon how the kick-out from the Lost Mine behaves. Some machines will kick it nicely to the right flipper, some will kick it at the flipper tip (making it a near-panic every time), and some even kick it SDTM.
Mine tends to kick it just to where you can do a drop catch if you are good. The one I used to play on location would let you simply hold the right flipper up and the ball would gently roll up and back down the in-lane, letting you collect two RIVER letters in the process. That was really just too easy.
Also, if you are playing the LH-6 ROM, the hold bonus feature makes getting to Class 6 River a bit easier anyway.
As for a typical score of mine, it's unusual for me to not break 400 million, and it's very rare for the Vacation Jackpot value to make it past 200,200,000.

Is the hold bonus feature something you have to enable?

#5668 2 years ago

5x playfield and then white water mountain shots crank the points.

#5669 2 years ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

Is the hold bonus feature something you have to enable?

No, I don't think so (though maybe there is some way to explicitly disable it).

The original ROMs (i.e. not home ROMs, L-1 through L-5), would show an award of "Hold Bonus" on the 6th Disaster Drop. Unfortunately, this Hold Bonus award did not actually do anything at all.

The home ROMs (i.e. LH-5 and LH-6) will actually payout additional bonus on the next ball. Furthermore, it will carryover the River class multiplier to the next ball.

So, rather than having to get to River class 6 all on one ball, you can now get to say Class 4 on ball one, collecting the hold bonus during that ball, and then continue from class 4 onto class 6 on ball two. This makes it easier to qualify this part of the Vacation Planner to reach Vacation Jackpot.

But you only get to do this once, on whichever ball you get the 6th Disaster Drop. You can get a second "Light Extra Ball" from Disaster Drop, but I do not believe you can get a second "Hold Bonus".

#5670 2 years ago
Quoted from Johncare07:

5x playfield and then white water mountain shots crank the points.

If you mean 5X playfield and then WhiteWater Multiball, then yes. Also, Advancing the Raft while in 5X can be effective as well.

Interestingly, the 5X multiplier does apply to Wet Willie mode and Bigfoot Hotfoot, but does NOT multiply the Vacation Jackpot.

Also, if you have the 5X running while getting what would normally be a triple jackpot, you do NOT get 15X jackpot, you just get a 5X jackpot instead.

#5671 2 years ago

So, what is the current value of people's Vacation Jackpot ?

The value starts at 200 million, and normally increases by 10,000 each time a game is completed.

Strangely, I have seen multiple machines whose Vacation Jackpot is maxed out at 799 million, which would be 80,000 games played without a Vacation Jackpot (which seems unlikely).

I think that there is either a bug somewhere which causes the value to jump up dramatically, or that the 10,000 increase is not really constant and that after some number of games it starts to increase by a larger amount each time.

Anyone have more info about this?

#5672 2 years ago

The version of ROMS you have also make a big difference in your scores.

#5673 2 years ago

My highest score is a bit above 1.8 million. However, ever since I cleaned, waxed, and replaced the rubbers on my game, it's been playing a lot harder than before. My highest score since then is 1.2 billion.

#5674 2 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

The version of ROMS you have also make a big difference in your scores.

The main differences affecting the scoring between the "real" L-5 ROM and the home LH-6 ROM are these :

1) As stated above, the Hold Bonus feature actually does something now, so you get some extra bonus on one of the balls (not that the bonus is typically very many points anyway).
2) Also as stated above, the Hold Bonus also carries over the river class for one ball. This can make it easier to get that part of Vacation Jackpot.
3) There is a short ball saver on LH-6, but that rarely even gets triggered unless you over-plunge the ball.
4) When starting Whitewater on LH-6, the left out-lane kickback gets properly re-lit, even if it was in the process of timing out - but this is really just a bug fix that only rarely comes into play.
5) On LH-6 most of the timed modes effectively get more time, as the timers stop counting if/while the machine is holding the ball to display a particular animation.

Item 5 has potentially the most effect on scoring. For example, on L-5, if the 5X mode is active when you start Whitewater Multiball, the 5X timer continues to count down while the "WHITEWATER" animation plays (before the balls are released). This leaves far less time (about 9 seconds less) to get 5X jackpots before the 5X mode ends. On LH-6, that timer is paused while the animation plays, and resumes when the first ball is kicked out.

#5675 2 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

I JUST cracked a billion a few weeks ago on my game. Until then, my highest scores were in the low 800,000,000s, and my averages were somewhere between 300,000,00 and 500,000,000. I consider myself a pretty decent player too. Maybe your game is set up too easy?

It has the home L6 Rom. Other than that, I think it is set up at the right pitch. Sometimes you just get on a roll and a game comes together like yesterday

It is interesting to hear high scores from everyone. It sounds like 1.2 billion is a decent game and hopefully that means I'm becoming a little better at pinball. My next goal will be 1.5 billion with a hope for 2 billion sometime.

Whitewater is a long term keeper for me so I'll get there someday.

#5676 2 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

1 billion+ is a great score and something to be proud of. I think my top is around 1.5 billion.

I agree. If you can hit 1 billion or above, that’s a very nice score on WH2O. I completed the vacation planner and was awarded the vacation jackpot of about 200m and change, and still barely hit a billion.

#5677 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

It has the home L6 Rom. Other than that, I think it is set up at the right pitch. Sometimes you just get on a roll and a game comes together like yesterday
It is interesting to hear high scores from everyone. It sounds like 1.2 billion is a decent game and hopefully that means I'm becoming a little better at pinball. My next goal will be 1.5 billion with a hope for 2 billion sometime.
Whitewater is a long term keeper for me so I'll get there someday.

Like I said above, the Lost Mine kick-out behavior (and of course the right side out-lane adjustment) probably affect the difficulty more than the pitch does.

And yes, WH20 is a long term keeper for me too - almost 25 years now. So I've had lots of practice to get to those high scores...I'm not even going to say what my best is.

#5679 2 years ago

I just bought mine! Extremely happy so far! I have ordered the art blades and a skull mountain. I’m extremely nervous about trying to install the blades but I think I can do it.

#5680 2 years ago

My record is 2.3B on LH-6. But I haven't broken a billion in a while.

#5681 2 years ago
Quoted from Zartan:

I just bought mine! Extremely happy so far! I have ordered the art blades and a skull mountain. I’m extremely nervous about trying to install the blades but I think I can do it.

The Art Blades can be repositioned if you don't get it quite right the first time. It is a fairly easy 2 person job and a very hard one person job. My Whitewater was very tight on both sides which makes the job harder and can lead to small rips & tears when you raise & lower the playfield. I highly recommend getting a set of Interior Cabinet Game Blade Protectors from Pinball Life ($35) if you are going to install game blades to prevent the small rips & tears.

Side Art Protectors (resized).jpgSide Art Protectors (resized).jpg
#5682 2 years ago
Quoted from OTRChief:

The Art Blades can be repositioned if you don't get it quite right the first time. It is a fairly easy 2 person job and a very hard one person job.

Yes, don't try to do it yourself. Much easier with a second person.

#5683 2 years ago

Thank you for the information! I will get the protectors today. I will probably get a buddy to help.

#5684 2 years ago
Quoted from Zartan:

Make sure you get a bottle of rapid tac. It will allow you to move the blades around a little. You will need to reposition them unless you get lucky on your first try. Don't be like me and rip a dp art blade. A 50$ mistake.

#5685 2 years ago

Thank you Jon

#5686 2 years ago

who sells the insanity falls ramp chase lights?

#5688 2 years ago

Going to be putting up my Whitewater for sales soon. Can’t believe I am going to do this, but need to make room. Absolutely gorgeous, and better than new.
Pm me if you interested. Will be posting soon in the market. Cheers

A9B5C742-28D3-41DB-9BBD-CD45134CD123 (resized).jpegA9B5C742-28D3-41DB-9BBD-CD45134CD123 (resized).jpeg
#5689 2 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Going to be putting up my Whitewater for sales soon. Can’t believe I am going to do this, but need to make room. Absolutely gorgeous, and better than new.
[quoted image]

one of my favorite games with full chrome package. Beautiful.

YES, thank you

#5690 2 years ago

Noooooooo....don't do this!
So much love, sweat and tears you've put in this machine...

#5691 2 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Like I said above, the Lost Mine kick-out behavior (and of course the right side out-lane adjustment) probably affect the difficulty more than the pitch does.

Something interesting happened to me the other day regarding this. My game has been sitting in the same place and the same levels since I got it and I set it up about 5 months ago. The Mine VUK would put the ball on the right flipper so that the ball would shoot up the return lane and come around the right sling just about every time if you held the right flipper. If you did not hold the flipper the ball would just bounce around the two flippers and you would be lucky to catch it. Pretty difficult to gain control of the ball. Last week I had to work on my FT cabinet (Rad Cals) so I moved the WW over to the other side of the FT. I did not change any levels or settings. Now the Mine VUK putts the ball (sweetly) Right On the right flipper (when held) because it just tips the corner of the sling rubber. Very easy to trap the ball now. The whole game shoots really sweet now, flowing perfectly. My wife had a stellar game last night. The set up of this game is critical to how it plays. It does not take much to change for better or for worse.

#5692 2 years ago

[quoted image]

That's my goal - to have a great WhiteWater next to my POTC. Wish you were closer!

#5693 2 years ago

My VUK isn't always able to shoot the ball out. It's a 23-800 coil and seems to work fine in solenoid test (according to the manual correct model).
No loose screws or cables.

1 out of 5 the ball doesn't get out... very annoying as you have to wait a minute or so before the pin does a test and shoots the ball out.

How can the eject power be increased, don't see anything adjustable...

#5694 2 years ago
Quoted from rvermeire:

My VUK isn't always able to shoot the ball out. It's a 23-800 coil and seems to work fine in solenoid test (according to the manual correct model).
No loose screws or cables.
1 out of 5 the ball doesn't get out... very annoying as you have to wait a minute or so before the pin does a test and shoots the ball out.
How can the eject power be increased, don't see anything adjustable...

Have you checked the coil stop and the coil sleeve? A mushroomed coil stop can decrease power pretty dramatically, and sometimes coil sleeves get gummy.

#5695 2 years ago
Quoted from attack7777:

Have you checked the coil stop and the coil sleeve? A mushroomed coil stop can decrease power pretty dramatically, and sometimes coil sleeves get gummy.

Sleeve checked and cleaned with alcohol seems reasonably OK... but where is the coilstop on a VUK ?

vuk coil (resized).jpgvuk coil (resized).jpg
#5696 2 years ago
Quoted from rvermeire:

Gonna check the sleeve... but where is the coilstop on a VUK ?

Also check the ball "cradle" at the top of the plunger. Often one (or more) of the four prongs will break off. If this happens, the ball can be resting in an offset position when the VUK fires.

#5697 2 years ago

Very interesting... I only have 2....
Checked lost mine and there I have 4...

Found the part 03-8561 and available at my local store for €2.95,-

Let's hope this solves it...

#5699 2 years ago
Quoted from rvermeire:

Sleeve checked and cleaned with alcohol seems reasonably OK... but where is the coilstop on a VUK ? [quoted image]

The coil stop on a vuk would be the ball.

#5700 2 years ago

I love my game but I would like a colour screen. Where do I find them?

A0DE44E6-023A-48F6-9757-9C7D0B236315 (resized).jpegA0DE44E6-023A-48F6-9757-9C7D0B236315 (resized).jpegFA61C647-FD14-4BE4-B2A8-B70B9C09DB97 (resized).jpegFA61C647-FD14-4BE4-B2A8-B70B9C09DB97 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jamestown, NC
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Montpelier, VA
7,780 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilsonville, OR
$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 7,815 posts in this topic. You are on page 114 of 157.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whitewater-club-lifejackets-not-required/page/114?hl=wh20_buzz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.