New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 57710)

WHITEWATER CLUB= Lifejackets not required

By Skypilot

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5,266 posts
  • 479 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by Lhyrgoif
  • Topic is favorited by 225 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,465 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pop_area1 (resized).jpg
379B8A60-8E0E-4E96-86EA-B67BCC400F62 (resized).jpeg
20201013_184207 (resized).jpg
20201013_184727 (resized).jpg
16025890959781527975109406817687 (resized).jpg
PXL_20201006_182901023 (resized).jpg
920ABFAD-CD4A-48C4-9031-826D8B88FF94 (resized).jpeg
20200518_192741 (resized).jpg
PXL_20200927_221433962 (resized).jpg
FJIMG_20200919_234755 (resized).jpg
FJIMG_20200919_234746 (resized).jpg
FJIMG_20200919_234732 (resized).jpg
20200914_131258 (resized).jpg
DSC_1225 (resized).JPG
DSC_1222 (resized).JPG
DSC_1223 (resized).JPG

There are 5266 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 106.
#451 6 years ago

I love those protectors. Bullet proof, and once I got them in there I actually liked the way they looked.

#452 6 years ago

If you have played WH20 as well as BSD, go voice your opinion this this thread...

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bsd-vs-wh20#post-1583795

I personally think WH20 is raft load better than BSD...

1 week later
#453 6 years ago

I recently picked up some Mantis lock protectors. It does seem a tight fit. Any install tips before I start drilling new holes under the play field?

#454 6 years ago
Quoted from pinhi:

I recently picked up some Mantis lock protectors. It does seem a tight fit. Any install tips before I start drilling new holes under the play field?

Put them in as tight to the PF as possible. Try test fitting your switches.

#455 6 years ago
Quoted from pinhi:

I bought some and tried to get them on but couldn't to be honest. Anyway i tried they never seemed snug to the back of the hole. I already had other things to do so i probably gave up a little easy, but it beat me till I get some spare time.
(That was probably 7 months ago )

#456 6 years ago
Quoted from pinhi:

I installed them on my first White Water and it was mildly tricky. I would remove the target lights, prefit everything, measure 3 times and drill once. I haven't put them on my new WH2O becuase the playfield is so nice that I can't bring myself to drill into the playfield (even the underside). I keep looking for signs of damage but I haven't seen anything.

#457 6 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

...and if momma's not happy nobody's happy.

It's taken me 25 years to learn that!

#458 6 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

Put them in as tight to the PF as possible. Try test fitting your switches.

Thanks, I'll give it a test fit this weekend.

1 month later
#459 6 years ago

I recently upgraded to a nicer WH2O ( Thanks Pilot Jim). I have yet to make it to vacation planner.Ive been on the tip of it several times.Can someone explain the trick/tip on how to keep your river class between balls.sometime it holds sometimes not. Explain

#460 6 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

I recently upgraded to a nicer WH2O ( Thanks Pilot Jim). I have yet to make it to vacation planner.Ive been on the tip of it several times.Can someone explain the trick/tip on how to keep your river class between balls.sometime it holds sometimes not. Explain

With the home rom, the hold bonus you get from hitting Disaster Drop six times carries over. This is important as you then continue to build your river class. Without the home rom, it is harder since there is a bug that the hold bonus doesn't work. Also, you can get lucky and get river class 6 from the mystery. You don't need to keep river class 6, just get it at some point before you lock the third ball.

2 weeks later
#461 6 years ago

I finally got Vacation Planner this morning !!!!! ,1,410,952,580, totally thrilled.

#462 6 years ago

This thread has inspired me to add some LED spots on my game. I'll post some pictures when done.

#463 6 years ago

Just added three spots along with some blue LEDs near the upper playfield. Two spotlights mid left and one at the upper right ramp. This game needed more light in the center of the playfield and the upper playfield flipper area.

IMG_3634.JPGIMG_3632.JPGIMG_3631.JPGIMG_3630.jpg

#464 6 years ago

A few months back a did some tweaking to my Bigfoot so that his chin wouldn't rub his hands and wear off the paint. I also got his chin repainted and have info on the paint type and colors. Anybody interested in the details of stuff like this?

#465 6 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

A few months back a did some tweaking to my Bigfoot so that his chin wouldn't rub his hands and wear off the paint. I also got his chin repainted and have info on the paint type and colors. Anybody interested in the details of stuff like this?

Yes

#466 6 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

Please

1 week later
#468 6 years ago

Had mine for about a week or so Awsome game possibly the first keeper

image-293.jpg
2 months later
#469 6 years ago

I got mine a couple weeks ago. Early production, and has been played to death. Someone did a decent job of touching this game up, but the playfield is pretty roasted.

I've never seen a Diamond Plate game this bad. Didn't know it was possible.

I don't have any of my pics of the game, but here is one the seller sent me.

wh2o-322.jpg

#470 6 years ago

Had to sell the first WH2O due to space restrictions. Bought a keeper the second time.image-723.jpgimage.jpg

#471 6 years ago

I didn't play the machine for a few months so when I turned it on recently the up kicker at the lock trough would randomly fire. Finally got a chance to look into it. Opto came loose.

IMG_6048.JPG

#472 6 years ago

Decided to go for it and tear it down to clean, re-rubber and get LEDs into the GI and flashers. This is just after removing mostly everything on the top side. It's not too dirty. I'll have to wait a week until the parts come in. This seems like it's going to be fun to put back together.

IMG_6045.jpg

#473 6 years ago
Quoted from hardware:

Had to sell the first WH2O due to space restrictions. Bought a keeper the second time.

image.jpg 184 KB

image-723.jpg 237 KB

Im on # 2 also. love it

#474 6 years ago

Does anyone recommend changing the Lost Mine kickout coil from a AE-23-800 to a weaker coil AE-23-1200?

#475 6 years ago
Quoted from Mattman55:

Does anyone recommend changing the Lost Mine kickout coil from a AE-23-800 to a weaker coil AE-23-1200?

Well if you have problems with it beeing overpowered (can't control the ball) why not?
(think 1200 will just spit it out with not enough umpff, choose in the middle )

#476 6 years ago
Quoted from Mattman55:

Are you worried about wear?

#477 6 years ago
Quoted from Mattman55:

Here's my thoughts on it. I say "yes" BUT don't castrate your game in the process. The original coil kicks the ball out something fierce and you have to gain control, which is tricky.

A lot of people reduce the coil strength but do so in a way that the ball kicks to the (unactivated) right flipper, then bounces over perfectly so you can cradle it in the left flipper. This makes the game SO MUCH EASIER. Lyman Sheets exploited that in a previous PAPA and got some crazy high score. You can get multiple, multiple whirlpool completions on a regular basis like this.

What I did with mine is put in a weaker coil to prevent damage, but it's still a bitch to get controll again after the kick. If you try to let it bounce off the right flipper it will drain down the center, so you must try to control with the right flipper, which leads to all types of variations on where the ball ends up. It's not exactly the same as factory, because the kick is weaker, but the amount of skill needed to regain control is comparable to the original design.

I have a 26-1200 in mine, which is what a lot of people use to get the easy kickout, but you can adjust the coil so that it kicks out a little weaker so that the ball won't bounce all the way over to the left flipper.

#478 6 years ago
Quoted from Mattman55:

I do, simply because it was hitting the metal ball guide all the time, and you could see the indent already caused by the hits over the years. The fact that it gave *some* ability to gain control of the ball also was a nice side effect.

#479 6 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Are you worried about wear?

I wasn't worrying about wear as much as I was trying to control the ball. I don't want it ruin the game/become too easy but sometimes it's near impossible to control.

#480 6 years ago

My lost mine coil kickouts in such a way that if you try and "catch/slow it down" it with the right flipper, it rolls up the right inlane, triggers the river letter, rattles at the rubber above the river switch and then comes back down triggering another river letter.

So basically if prepped right, it'll advance your river letters 2x with each kickout. Its hard to explain this phenomenon (lol) but I can take a video of it if anyone wants to see...

Is this cheating? Never heard of anyone else with a lost mine kickout that behaves like mine.

I can find out what coil is in my game if anyone cares

#481 6 years ago
Quoted from JosephT:

My lost mine coil kickouts in such a way that if you try and "catch" it with the right flipper, it rolls up the right inlane, triggers the river letter, rattles at the rubber above the river switch and then comes back down triggering another river letter.
So basically if prepped right, it'll advance your river letters 2x with each kickout
Is this cheating? Never heard of anyone else with a lost mine kickout that behaves like mine.
I can find out what coil is in my game if anyone cares

That's the way mine is - except once in a while you don't hit it right and it hits the first letter but then goes either STDM or in the outlane (can't remember which) . I think the PAPA machine in the tutorial is set up that way too - you still have to have a bit of skill to get the letters.

#482 6 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

That's the way mine is - except once in a while you don't hit it right and it hits the first letter but then goes either STDM or in the outlane (can't remember which) . I think the PAPA machine in the tutorial is set up that way too - you still have to have a bit of skill to get the letters.

More than likely it'll go down the right outlane.

I would say once in every fifteen trys, instead of rattling up at the top and coming back down, the ball will actually roll/wrap right around that post/stantion and drain down the right outlane.

#483 6 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Im on # 2 also. love it

At the time I knew I would miss the machine, but was getting my grail pin at that time. No regrets though as I'm much happier with a nicer machine.

I'm not a fan of very expensive mods, but did anyone see that cave/skull mod at pinball decals? That thing looks great. I'd love to see it with the missing mountain installed.

Post edited by hardware: link added

#485 6 years ago
Quoted from hardware:

At the time I knew I would miss the machine, but was getting my grail pin at that time. No regrets though as I'm much happier with a nicer machine.
I'm not a fan of very expensive mods, but did anyone see that cave/skull mod at pinball decals? That thing looks great. I'd love to see it with the missing mountain installed.
» YouTube video
Post edited by hardware: link added

I saw that a few weeks back. Pretty cool. I don't think it will fit with the original missing moutain. I'd also like to see a wider shot to see how it looks on the playfield with everything else. Anybody got one?

#486 6 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

I saw that a few weeks back. Pretty cool. I don't think it will fit with the original missing moutain. I'd also like to see a wider shot to see how it looks on the playfield with everything else. Anybody got one?

I was hesitant on ordering cause I was worried that it covered up some of the artwork like the whirlpool sign and the art that runs up the entrance. It is really cool though, I may order one anyway.

#487 6 years ago

Oh that think looks great! The missing mountain is set back a little bit, so they may actually fit together. That ebay link has ended, and I can't find another..

#488 6 years ago
Quoted from JosephT:

I was hesitant on ordering cause I was worried that it covered up some of the artwork like the whirlpool sign and the art that runs up the entrance. It is really cool though, I may order one anyway.

That would be my only problem is the covering of the artwork/rules. I've also been trying to find that damn missing mountain forever!!

#489 6 years ago

I got mine from a member here in Netherlands I think, want to say user name Aenas or similar....he was doing both versions at the time, I took white/blue....Nope he's in Belgium, user name here is AENEAS.....search in users you'll find him.

#490 6 years ago

Also if anyone is looking for the topper light show parts (board/cables/light boards), pinballdoctor1 has these on the marketplace. Benny sent me a set last month and they work perfect. Good for a htf part (I think Marco only lists the driver board "for reference")

#491 6 years ago

I have the skull mountain mod, and love it, just got it (and the rafts). I need the missing mountain though, either version, but neither seller is getting back to me.

Anyone got one? Otherwise, I'm likely buying new boulders, I'll just cut one out of the old large one at the back, I mean it's all brown plastic, should be able to come up with something that will fit.

London-20140903-00028.jpg
#492 6 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

I have the skull mountain mod, and love it, just got it (and the rafts). I need the missing mountain though, either version, but neither seller is getting back to me.
Anyone got one? Otherwise, I'm likely buying new boulders, I'll just cut one out of the old large one at the back, I mean it's all brown plastic, should be able to come up with something that will fit.

London-20140903-00028.jpg 203 KB

Do you mind posting a pic of the whole playfield?

#493 6 years ago

Joined the club awhile ago but finally got pics. My second Wh20. McCune restored with new decals, ramps, PF's.
Jim did a great job!
IMG_1563.jpgIMG_1537.JPGIMG_1530.JPGIMG_1523.JPGIMG_1519.jpg

#495 6 years ago
Quoted from bballfan:

Contact Judge Dredd on ebay and save several bucks.
ebay.com link » Whitewater Pinball Active Skull Mountain Mod White Water

Thx for the link. I'll send him a message.

Here's where I bought the missing mountain years ago.

https://sites.google.com/site/redwestwh20/

#496 6 years ago

My machine was restored by another pinsider who sold it and then that person sold it to me. That's the way I understand it. Anyway, the person who restored it did some serious piss poor work. I really hope he doesn't do this for a living. Anyway, overall the game is in real nice shape so I figured I'd spend a little time and money to make it closer to perfect. I just received these ramp decals today. Quite a difference compared to the existing ones.

IMG_6052.JPG

#497 6 years ago

Joined the club x2 a few days ago....now time to start getting everything together for a full restore!

Anyone have any white mountains they didn't use and would sell?

#498 6 years ago

Does anyone have instructions on how to make your own Bigfoot spotlight? How to wire it, etc?

#499 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer22:

Does anyone have instructions on how to make your own Bigfoot spotlight? How to wire it, etc?

I assume you mean one that activates when he does. If so, then no. I just added a spotlight for the upper playfield.

#500 6 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

I assume you mean one that activates when he does. If so, then no. I just added a spotlight for the upper playfield.

Yep. That's the one. Anybody??

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 499.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 9.95
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
There are 5266 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 106.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside