(Topic ID: 289612)

WhiteWater: ball searches during attract mode?

By Fenix15

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Fenix15
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

Hey all,

Restoring a WhiteWater and currently have the entire playfield stripped down including the upper playfield. Getting ready to put everything back together but I've noticed a new behavior with the machine: while it's sitting in attract mode, it fires all of the solenoids like a ball search every 15-20 seconds. This can't possibly be normal, right?

I've never noticed it doing that before, although admittedly recently it's been in test mode most of the time I've had it powered on. Is it because there are no balls in the trough? I'm not hitting start or anything, it just decides to do it.

If it matters, I just finished soldering the wires for both right slingshot lugs that had broken off earlier (one lug had a single wire, the other a double one twisted together).

If this is indicative of a problem, I haven't the slightest idea where to look. I don't think this is supposed to happen, though. Any help would be super appreciated!

I really hope it's just something stupid that I overlooked or something.

#2 3 years ago

Likely a switch stuck closed somewhere. Balls removed, switch test, which switches are closed? The lock shot or VUK switches would be my guess.

Is it on L-5 ROM or close?

#3 3 years ago

Put 3 balls in the trough and see if it stops doing it..

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

Likely a switch stuck closed somewhere. Balls removed, switch test, which switches are closed? The lock shot or VUK switches would be my guess.
Is it on L-5 ROM or close?

I'm currently running L-6. Switch test comes back clean, only things closed are optos and the "always closed" switches.

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from aeneas:

Put 3 balls in the trough and see if it stops doing it..

I will definitely try that. As I said earlier, this could totally be something stupid but I figured I'd ask since this is my first restoration project and I'm still learning.

Really jumping in the deep end with WhiteWater lol

1 week later
#6 3 years ago

As it turns out, yes, it did just need balls in the trough. Boy, do I feel like an idiot...

I never knew machines did random ball searches if there were no balls, I thought it only did that if you tried to start a game.

Welp... thank you all! I will go put my dunce cap on as I go and work on my Mystery Castle lol

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

Machine - For Sale
Sugarloaf, CO
Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

17,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Montpelier, VA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whitewater-ball-searches-during-attract-mode and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.