(Topic ID: 231074)

Whitewater and WhoDunnit for 6k or Star Trek Pro and Jurassic Park 7K?

By testpin

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by TheLaw
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which is the better deal//trade bait?”

• Whitewater and WhoDunnit for $6000 15 votes
    65%
  • Star Trek Pro and Jurassic Park for $7000 8 votes
    35%

(23 votes)

#1 5 years ago

I am looking to get a 2nd and 3rd machine and wanted to know which of these deals seemed best to you. There are a couple of package deals near me that boil down to Star Trek and Jurassic Park for $7000 (maybe a little wiggle room) or Whitewater and WhoDunnit for $6,000. I have not examined machines in person yet, but from the photos they seem to be decent examples... not mint, but fully working. I don't have a ton of funds for this but figured that both deals if parted out would net more than I had in them, so I could buy them, keep them for a while, and trade them for cash and/or something better. I could see Jurassic Park and Star Trek staying for some time, but I see the WhiteWaters are in high demand right now and I might be scoring a real deal with that. I have a poll below for everyone.

I don't know for sure that these deals are real, and would be looking for a cash on the glass, no paying ahead to reserve until seen deal.

Thoughts

#2 5 years ago

money wise ww and whodunnit would be my choice.

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from mario_1_up:

money wise ww and whodunnit would be my choice.

Second that.

#5 5 years ago

So... were I to score White Water and Who Dunnit, and tried to trade for Star Trek and Jurassic Park, would a fair deal be an even trade, machine for machine... with $1,000 going my way... or more? I'm actually rather fond of Star Trek and would like to try JP... I'm trying to figure out if scoring a better deal and then trying to trade for them later would get me a better deal.

#6 5 years ago

Star Trek beats White Water in fun and Jurassic Park beats Who Dunnit in fun.

#7 5 years ago

I haven't priced out the machines but I like doing swaps like you are doing. I have one in the works now for my TOM hopefully.

I don't like sterns, and not a fan of JP. I could be off so don't crucify me but considering the games are all in equivalent shape I think they price out as such:

Wh20 - $4500-5000 (prices are all over)
WD - $2500

ST (pro) - $4000
JP (DE) - $3000-3200

If you could get an extra grand I would jump all over that. Most likely I see it being an even swap.

#8 5 years ago

Star Trek pro is the best of all 4 machines, and JP isn't a game I would throw out of bed. This bundle has the most bang for the buck and mass appeal for guests (if that's something you care about).

That being said, the WW and W?DN is still a great deal.

I don't think you can go wrong either way! Or get both bundles and have the best collection in the neighborhood!

#9 5 years ago

Depends on condition of said games....but Whitewater is one helluva great game!!! High demand these days and not getting any cheaper.

#10 5 years ago

That's a great either or. I'd rather own Star Trek and JP to play. I'd do the Whitewater/Who Dunnit to flip/trade. You're getting a better deal on the later but I don't think those two games will have the same staying power.

I would want to keep Star Trek and White Water. I bet you could trade a Who Dunnit plus $1,000 and get a Star Trek. (or spend a little more and get a Star Trek premium). That seems more doable than trading a JP for a Whitewater.

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I bet you could trade a Who Dunnit plus $1,000 and get a Star Trek...

That might be tough right there.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.95
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 18.95
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

12,610 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mapleton, UT
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whitewater-and-whodunnit-for-6k-or-star-trek-pro-and-jurassic-park-7k?hl=crile1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.