• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 days ago by daveyvandy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 12 days ago

Hey gang,

I picked up a White Water recently that had the 7 Optos not working. I’ve replaced some Optos which were poorly soldered and looked suspicious. I replaced the 7 switch Opto board under the playfield with a new one. I replaced the U20 chip on the CPU. I replaced the C2 capacitor on the power driver board and still nothing. We have 12 volts going down to the 7 switch opto board and also 12 volts going out. On the power driver board LED 3 is not consistently lit like all the others. Not sure if it has to be or not. In switch test I cannot get any of the optos to activate.

When I boot the game the eject on the left and back of the game fire as I believe the CPU must think there is a ball there but obviously is not the case.

I really don’t know what else to check. Can you help please? Thank you!!

#2 12 days ago

Got another wpc89 nearby you can swap mpu boards with to see if that makes a difference?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 25.00
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside