Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_9412 (resized).JPG
IMG_9411 (resized).JPG
#1 7 years ago

Local operator brought me his monopoly to clean up and play. Sound is messed up. He purchased sound roms and I replaced them but no change. Here is a short video of the noise/issue.

#2 7 years ago

whaT os do you have?

2 weeks later
#3 7 years ago

Bump

Notcsure of this is the answer, but here are the first two screens at boot up.

IMG_9411 (resized).JPGIMG_9411 (resized).JPG

IMG_9412 (resized).JPGIMG_9412 (resized).JPG

#4 7 years ago

this may help http://mirror2.ipdb.org/files/4505/Stern_2001_Monopoly_Service_Bulletin_133.pdf
I would also update display and cpu ( manual is wrong on size for CPU should be a 27C010/27C1001 1 meg not a 4 meg) The display chip is indeed a 27c040
http://www.sternpinball.com/games/234/mon

that is the cheap and easy stuff to do first.

#5 7 years ago

Thanks. I appreciate it. I will post follow up after I try this.

#6 7 years ago

I note that the bulletin is to address a problem for a hum below volume setting of 4. This seems to be different. This is an extremely loud hum. The game sound is there, but muffled under the loud hum. I also note that the hum also has a second cyclic hum that flashes with the GI in attract mode. I would love to have another game close by so I could diagnose it.

#7 7 years ago

I forgot to add, it is present at any volume level, even zero/off

4 weeks later
#8 7 years ago

It seems like either one of the 2 amplifiers are blown. U102 or U101. One amplifies the backbox speaker and the other amplifies the cabinet speaker. Can you tell if the muffled sound is coming from the backbox or cabinet speaker by either listening closely or disconnecting one at a time at the speakers themselves and see if the muffled sound goes away?That would help narrow down which mosfet is bad.

#9 7 years ago

Thanks. I've given the board to Rob Anthony to work on it. Hopefully he will solve the mystery. Ill post it here when I get the board back.

2 months later
#10 6 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

Thanks. I've given the board to Rob Anthony to work on it. Hopefully he will solve the mystery. Ill post it here when I get the board back.

#11 6 years ago

Repaired by Rob Anthony. Woot!

#12 6 years ago

What was the problem?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fishers, IN
$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.95
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, NY
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whitestar-monopoly-sound-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.