Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by chad
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider C_Presley.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

So I’ve had my TSPP on route for months now, after the first week I noticed I had no controlled lamps, assumed a fuse so I turned game off and it checked out fine. Restarted the game and all lamps were fine. Fast forward many months later and I encountered this again, restarted game and they came back just fine. Also worth noting is I believe the location leaves the game on 24/7. Ideas?

#3 4 years ago

Yeah it’s super odd, went this evening with friends after a game and sure enough they were out again. I quickly cycled off then on, the controlled lamps came on and then immediately faded out as if they were on a dimmer switch. After turning off for a slightly longer time they stayed on.

#9 4 years ago

Well I ordered a new bridge and some caps too, we shall see. Thanks guys, I’ll keep you updated.

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from ChrisHibler:

Before you heat up the iron to replace that bridge, a simple test would be to see if you still have about 18V lamp matrix power once the behavior exhibits itself. If you don't, then that isolates the issue to power. It might be the bridge or it might be a simple fractured solder joint. I'd do more testing before attacking any parts. You have to deal with removing the "spade" type bridge, which requires 3 irons and a helper to do cleanly (or ChipQuik).
--
Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
http://ChrisHiblerPinball.com/contact
http://www.PinWiki.com - The Place to go for Pinball Repair Info

Touché, it’s a game on location so I figured I’d get parts ordered anyway so I’m not making multiple trips, If the bridge does turn out to be bad my plan was to use a pair of dike pliers to cut the legs off the body of the bridge and then I can pull one by one. Either way the parts are in so I’ll be heading there in a bit to see what’s what.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cherry Hills Village, CO
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 18.95
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 45.00
7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
6,899 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sioux Falls, SD
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 45.95
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 16.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider C_Presley.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whitestar-controlled-lamp-need-reset-?tu=C_Presley and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.