Topic Stats

• 67 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by TheLaw
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

P1010348.JPG

There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 6 years ago
Quoted from cclay:

Pretty wild stuff. Had to open the glass to get them out and continue play.

I had two do that ... three has to be truly rare.

#52 6 years ago

So awesome hitting that shot! Love the glass plunk and of course 5x jackpot and hitting the triple jackpot is never a dull moment. I owned Wh20 the longest and it easily got played the most by far.

#53 6 years ago

Hi guys, I just discovered this thread. As I remember it, the ball didn't hit the glass with the first handmade ramps on the whitewood. When we installed the first vacuum formed ramps, from the aluminum tool, we noticed the ball hitting the glass. The production ramps are so much smoother and faster than the hand made originals. Anyway, everyone liked it so we let it happen. The story about not putting glass on until production is not true. We would NEVER let a game get all the way to production without testing it with the glass in place. Besides that, it's too noisy without the glass and it's easier to tune the sounds and music with the glass on.

#54 6 years ago
Quoted from DennisNordman:

Hi guys, I just discovered this thread. As I remember it, the ball didn't hit the glass with the first handmade ramps on the whitewood. When we installed the first vacuum formed ramps, from the aluminum tool, we noticed the ball hitting the glass. The production ramps are so much smoother and faster than the hand made originals. Anyway, everyone liked it so we let it happen. The story about not putting glass on until production is not true. We would NEVER let a game get all the way to production without testing it with the glass in place. Besides that, it's too noisy without the glass and it's easier to tune the sounds and music with the glass on.

Very cool! Thanks for the explanation!!!

#55 6 years ago

My first pinball table and will probably not give it up for a while. I have got VJ, but still try to get it a second time. Video is up on YouTube under username of judremy.

#56 6 years ago

Hi guys, I just discovered this thread.

As always it's an honor and education to have you industry people chime in. To many more hit titles ... thanks!

#57 6 years ago

Thanks for the post, Dennis! Great to hear it straight from the man himself. Best ramp in pinball. Ever.

As you can see from random comments, we still enjoy WH20 as much as any pin out there, if not more, twenty years later. Amazing machine! Thank you.

#58 6 years ago

Hi guys, I just discovered this thread.

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us in on the secret world of pinball development.

And of course, thank you so much for the MOST FUN pinball machine ever made.

#59 6 years ago

Thanks Dennis this is great to finally put the "glass left off" rumor to bed. You do amazing work and I thank you for it.

#60 6 years ago

Thanks to all of you for the kind words. I'm glad you enjoy Whitewater.

#61 6 years ago

Now more than ever. Happy New Year Dennis!

#62 6 years ago

And enjoy it, I do; thank you, sir.

I can't help but feel that White Water is about as perfectly designed as a pinball table can be. The gameplay is just off the charts and completely brilliant.

#63 6 years ago
Quoted from Fatsquatch:

And enjoy it, I do; thank you, sir.
I can't help but feel that White Water is about as perfectly designed as a pinball table can be. The gameplay is just off the charts and completely brilliant.

Surprising that just a few short years ago this pin was overlooked and under-rated. I knew it was a winner: art, design, flow, modes, humor, sound ... and Bigfoot!

For the rest of you ... get one ... Ya wiener!

2 years later
#64 4 years ago

Me too, i just discovered that thread. I love White water and the atmosphere, this factor is very important for me.
Anyway, new on this one, I have played some hours on it and i do not understand what lost mine is used for. Hard shot for me.

#65 4 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

I have played some hours on it and i do not understand what lost mine is used for. Hard shot for me.

Lost mine awards 3 items needed for "Gold Rush Multiball" (I think standard settings start you with 1 of the items.) You can also get the items during Bigfoot hotfoot. The multiball isn't that great, and not worth going out of your way for. It is not common to shoot directly for the lost mine.

#66 4 years ago

I have L-4 romset. Is it worth upgrade?

#67 4 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

I have L-4 romset. Is it worth upgrade?

Newest ROM "fixes" some issues, and adds a ballsaver which people like. The fix part is issues with the Bonus Hold not working correctly, whcih makes it harder to reach vacation jackpot. If it's for home use, I think it's worth getting the newest set (the game is always set for free play in the newest ROM).

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Chesapeake, VA
There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside