• 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by TheLaw
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

P1010348.JPG

There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 11 years ago

Seriously, how satisfying is that Insanity Falls shot? It feels so good to hit and I just can't get enough of it.

Best...ramp...EVAR?

If not, it's GOTTA be close.

#2 11 years ago

Probably the longest ramp, so just like most things, if it's the longest, it's the best.

I love when the ball hits the glass too.

#3 11 years ago

Ball hits the glass? Sorry never seen one on location is it a feature or bad design? Sounds annoying as hell.

#4 11 years ago

Depends on who you talk to. I've only every played one and it hit the glass. Wasn't my game, so it made me flinch every time.

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

Ball hits the glass? Sorry never seen one on location is it a feature or bad design? Sounds annoying as hell.

It is awesome when it hits the glass...I almost want to say it is by design. It isn't annoying in the least. It's quite the opposite actually.

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

It is awesome when it hits the glass...I almost want to say it is by design.

No doubt, that is how they designed it. An exciting feature for sure.

#7 11 years ago

And yet I've heard people just as convinced that it isn't supposed to happen. No idea whether it is or isn't, but I've always hated the sound, and don't understand how/why people enjoy it.

#8 11 years ago

Ball started hitting the glass after I restored mine. Dirty routed games must not have enough speed/power.

#9 11 years ago

I think it was designed to hit the glass and it's a neat trick. Definitely a head turner for people on machines nearby wanting to see what's going on with the player who keeps managing to pop the ball up to the glass. (-:

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

No doubt, that is how they designed it ...

Quoted from Darkslide632:

And yet I've heard people just as convinced that it isn't supposed to happen ...

Dennis is on Pinside now. Hopefully he'll see this thread and enlighten us. I'm guessing it wasn't intentionally designed that way, but when it first happened he was like, "Hey, that's pretty damn cool!"

#11 11 years ago

Cycle Jump on Comet hits the glass the same way.

#12 11 years ago

It's not only because you hit that long ramp, it's because of the one-two combo from the upper playfield too!

I like the glass knock too! It doesn't happen every time but when it does you get this Pavlovian satisfaction out of it. Haha.

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

Ball started hitting the glass after I restored mine.

Same thing happened with mine. I kind of like hearing it

#15 11 years ago

Insanity Falls is awesome. Hitting the WH20 jackpot with 5x scoring running is a great adrenaline rush.

#16 11 years ago

Mine hits the glass every time.... and I like it that way. It would be interesting to know if that was intentional.

#17 11 years ago

Mine hits the glass every time as well and freaked me out first time I played it too at my friend's. I think if you really tighten down the one mounting screw or switch to a smaller stand off post near where it hits you can prevent it from happening.

I wouldn't say this is the longest ramps as JD has a ramps that go from one side to the other and wraps around both back corners too. I500 also has a pretty big right ramp too but White Water's insanity falls is definitely unique in that the ball goes up and down like a roller coaster

#18 11 years ago

Mine hits the glass almost every time too.

#19 11 years ago

Blackwater100 as the almost same ramp as insanity falls.

#20 11 years ago

It's hit the glass on every one I've ever played on. Has to be by design... Or, it happened and the designers didn't mind and didn't try to fix it..

#21 11 years ago

Hitting the glass on mine means I hit a good, solid ramp shot. If I bounce around the entrance and dribble it over the first hill it won't hit the glass.

Which, in my world, means the ball hits the glass about 50% of the time.

Everytime I hear that sound, I say a little Marv Albert "yes!" inside my head.

#22 11 years ago

Mine didn't hit the glass until I rebuilt the machine, replaced the ramps, and waxed everything.
Now it hits the glass every time.

#23 11 years ago

It's a nice ramp, not the best as it's not hard to hit, but pure class.

#24 11 years ago

I put power balls in mine and it sounds like the glass is going to break.

#25 11 years ago

It's my understanding that the ball hitting the glass was NOT by design. Apparently they tested the machine with the glass off and didn't realize they had an issue until they were in production.

I prefer to think of it not as a mistake but as a feature.

4 weeks later
#26 11 years ago

This thread helped me decide I wanted a wh20 in my collection. I blame all of you, cannot wait for this game to arrive. I love me some ramps!!

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

This thread helped me decide I wanted a wh20 in my collection. I blame all of you, cannot wait for this game to arrive. I love me some ramps!!

I doubt you'll ever regret it.

I'm a month in on mine, have played the crap out of it, and am still digging it immensely.

It's a tremendously fun machine, and when it's all shopped out and nice, it's quite fast and furious.

I regret not making a big drive a couple years ago to get one that was priced at $1,700 (fully working and quite nice).

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

Ball started hitting the glass after I restored mine. Dirty routed games must not have enough speed/power.

When ever mine does not hit the glass I'm like "time for a new coat of wax!!!"

#29 11 years ago

Insanity falls is one of the best ramps in all of pinball. Smacking the glass is just too cool. I've spent the last 2 days tweaking my WH2O and now it plays awesome. Its like a totally new pin to me again.

#30 11 years ago

I guess I'm in the minority. I don't like the sound of the ball hitting the glass.

It's a sound I associate with airballs, usually an indication that a shot didn't go as planned when I hear it when playing other games. If the machine made a deliberate knock (from a coil knocker) I'd like it a lot more.

Always seemed like a design flaw to me.

#31 11 years ago

If i remember the Story right the ramp was molded without checking it with the glass on game.... Dennis confirm?

#32 11 years ago

I have got to ask. Where does it hit the glass? Or better question off of which part of the ramp?

#33 11 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

I have got to ask. Where does it hit the glass? Or better question off of which part of the ramp?

When the ball comes off of the last hump in the ramp.

#34 11 years ago

What's a WW going for these days? Sounds like a game I would like to pick up. Never have played it, but have heard a lot about it.

#35 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Insanity Falls is awesome. Hitting the WH20 jackpot with 5x scoring running is a great adrenaline rush.

No, hitting the TRIPLE jackpot with 5x running is the adrenaline rush.

#36 11 years ago
Quoted from cclay:

No, hitting the TRIPLE jackpot with 5x running is the adrenaline rush.

Correct!

#37 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

If i remember the Story right the ramp was molded without checking it with the glass on game.... Dennis confirm?

I doubt it. Other games the ramps hit the glass too, like Comet (and of course the Comet weeee sound is used in WH2O too).

#38 11 years ago

ball hitting glass = BEST SOUND in pinball

#39 11 years ago

How bout this. I had all 3 balls stuck in the bottom of the first low section at the same time. Bizarre

#40 11 years ago
Quoted from cclay:

How bout this. I had all 3 balls stuck in the bottom of the first low section at the same time. Bizarre

I remember that. Didn't believe it was possible til I saw the pic of it.

Todd

#41 11 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

What's a WW going for these days? Sounds like a game I would like to pick up. Never have played it, but have heard a lot about it.

Whirlwinds are relatively cheap man, pick one up! WH2O on the other hand...

#42 11 years ago

Had a few people over tonight playing and hit the VJ with everyone watching! That's a rush as well.

Broke a bil. I missed the traveling hazard, and did not hit the triple jackpot with 5x but I managed to hit at least three single jackpots during 5x. Owned whirlpool twice. Just a great groove.

#43 11 years ago

I'm on my second WH2O in three years. Won't get rid of this one. Art, ramps, sound (music and call-outs), gameplay. And then there's that Bigfoot guy ... man he looks familiar!

Clean ramps and high pf angle make by balls smack the glass. Now there's a T-shirt quote.

Brian

#44 11 years ago
Quoted from TG:

I remember that. Didn't believe it was possible til I saw the pic of it.
Todd

I think the way it happened was the first ball coming down that didn't make it over the second hump, the second ball hitting the first ball down there and the third ball being bounced off the playfield exactly right to that spot and jamming them all up. Coolest thing I've seen in pinball. Had to slide the glass down to get them out.

#45 11 years ago
Quoted from cclay:

I think the way it happened was the first ball coming down that didn't make it over the second hump, the second ball hitting the first ball down there and the third ball being bounced off the playfield exactly right to that spot and jamming them all up. Coolest thing I've seen in pinball. Had to slide the glass down to get them out.

Yeah, pretty amazing occurrance that will probably never happen again.

Todd

#46 11 years ago
Quoted from cclay:

Do you still have the pic? I would love to see that...

#47 11 years ago

Pretty wild stuff. Had to open the glass to get them out and continue play.

P1010348.JPGP1010348.JPG

#48 11 years ago
Quoted from cclay:

It's not called insanity for nothing!

#49 11 years ago

I love this game. One of the few pins I've played where I don't get totally annoyed with the music after awhile.

#50 11 years ago
Quoted from cclay:

Wow - thanks for sharing...insane

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
Machine - For Sale
Fort Worth, TX
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs
Armor and blades
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
Boards
Slap Save Creations
Boards
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lockport, NY
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
(Alt) Translites
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lake Havasu City, AZ
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
Sugarloaf, CO
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
(Alt) Translites
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement
Plastics
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/white-waters-insanity-falls and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.