WH2O_greenblackvolt_1 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
WH2O_U20 (resized).jpg
WH2O_J207-6 (resized).jpg
WH2O_sw_matrix (resized).jpg
WH2O_Opto_Board_2 (resized).jpg
WH2O_Opto_Board_schem (resized).jpg
WH2O_Opto_Board_1 (resized).jpg
There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 2 years ago

Working on a White Water, and I ran into a strange issue. I noticed that neither of the slings was firing during gameplay. I went into the solenoid tests and they fired just fine in test mode. I went into Switch test and none of the switches for either Right or Left sling registers when triggered from the top of the playfield.

So I did a little further digging. If I jumpered the bottom of the switches, I noticed that they registered... but as the wrong switch. The Sling switches appear to be triggering the opto switches for the Whirlpool (Whirlpool Exit and Whirlpool Popper). I checked, and during gameplay sure enough hitting the sling made the game think something with the Whirlpool was happening. And yet... the Whirlpool Opto's both register just fine during switch tests and gameplay.

Looking at the matrix, the Slings are adjacent to the Whirlpool Exit and Popper optos in the matrix.

Anyone ever run into anything like this? Definitely strange. I was thinking maybe something shorted somewhere, but I'm not really sure where to start on this one just yet. Open to suggestions/advice, haven't seen this kind of a problem before exactly.

#2 2 years ago

Switch matrix issue. Switch wired wrong. Diode on backwards. A short to switch lugs or wiring.

Easy to look over all the switches. All wired the same. White wire black end of diode to a lug. Green wire to a lug. Silver banded end of diode to a lug. Identical on every switch, except for color of stripe on the wire.

If you replaced and switches or stand up targets recently, start there.

LTG : )

#3 2 years ago

Thank you for the replay LTG . I actually just picked up the game recently. It was supposedly "turn key," but it was from a seller that has no experience with pinball repair. And we all know a game is rarely turn key They had someone go over the machine in the past and do work on it, so I'm guessing it was related to those efforts. From what I can tell, the playfield was torn down and cleaned, so it's possible in the process they knocked something out of alignment. I will go back and do another visual inspection.

Note: After reseating some connectors and tinkering a bit just to check everything inspection-wise, suddenly the Whirlpool Exit opto is non-responsive. Damn.

I looked over the switch matrix, and I'm curious about the wiring to the optos. When I look at the wiring to all the other switches in the same rows, the wiring matches the matrix. Example: Coin Door Closed, River "E", Light Lock Right, Right Sling all have a White-Red wire going to them. Whirlpool Exit, as shown, is in the same row. But it doesn't have a white-red wire going to it. Or a Green Blue wire (as shown in the column tag). Yet it all looks original from what I can tell. Does anyone know if that's normal for optos like this?

When I check continuity across all the other same row switches, it all comes up as expected. But nothing at the opto. Are they not actually on the same wiring line?

#4 2 years ago

Update: Some bad news - now none of the optos are working, and when the game is powered up two of the solenoids controlled by optos fire off and on continuously. Checking the switch in test, I'm getting no switch closure when any of the optos are blocked now. Also, one of them (Bigfoot related), shows always closed.

The opto board appears to have been worked on. Given how it appears, I'm thinking that may be at least part of the issues. See attached pics. Just ordered a replacement from barakandl , hoping that will help. I don't see how that would cause the sling-to-opto conflict though, so I'm not sure I should just pop the board right in.

I don't want to give up on the existing board just yet though, so while I wait...

I don't know a ton about these opto boards, or how to test them. I did flip my meter to diode setting and go down the row of diodes. As shown in the pic, I marked one that might be an issue. All diodes in this row read approx 0.595 to 0.600 except D3. It has no reading regardless of probe orientation. It's not coming up shorted, but it has no reading whatsoever, which seemed odd.

* D3 is associated to Opto 2 per the schematic. It's also associated with J3-6, which is Switch Row # 2 (White-Red), as well as J2-6, which is Whirlpool Exit Opto (sw 62 trans board)

Wondering if I should try replacing that diode? I have some 1N4007's laying around, and it looks like 1N4004 were on board per the schematic.

WH2O_Opto_Board_1 (resized).jpgWH2O_Opto_Board_1 (resized).jpgWH2O_Opto_Board_2 (resized).jpgWH2O_Opto_Board_2 (resized).jpgWH2O_Opto_Board_schem (resized).jpgWH2O_Opto_Board_schem (resized).jpgWH2O_sw_matrix (resized).jpgWH2O_sw_matrix (resized).jpg

#5 2 years ago

Replacing diode D3 on the opto board did not seem to change any of the issues, but at least it's reading the same as the others now.

Current Status: When the game boots up, the two VUKs associated with the "Whirlpool Popper" and the "Lockup Right" will fire off and on continuously. Associated opto switches are 61 and 63. To my knowledge, none of the optos are registering anymore, but I will check again in a bit to make sure.

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from MaxAsh:

Replacing diode D3 on the opto board did not seem to change any of the issues, but at least it's reading the same as the others now.
Current Status: When the game boots up, the two VUKs associated with the "Whirlpool Popper" and the "Lockup Right" will fire off and on continuously. Associated opto switches are 61 and 63. To my knowledge, none of the optos are registering anymore, but I will check again in a bit to make sure.

Is that board getting +12VDC?

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Is that board getting +12VDC?

Looks like it, yes. 14.01vdc coming in on J3, 13.45vdc going out on J2 to 'photo trans boards'

Edit: the coin door interconnect board looks a little hacked up. Could that come into play here?

#8 2 years ago

Then the next thing I would probably do is to see if the problem is on the cpu or the playfield/opto board. Disconnect the row and header pins and use a diode and some jumper wires to simulate the switches in question in switch test mode. I haven't had this problem but since it's the sling switches triggering the wrong switches I don't think the problem is the opto board.

#9 2 years ago

Are those fat blue resistors burned ? If so you probably have an AC ripple going across them. Something wrong with your DC.

#10 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Are those fat blue resistors burned ? If so you probably have an AC ripple going across them. Something wrong with your DC.

Just dirty I believe. Quick wipe with a cloth took most of what you see there off.

#11 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Then the next thing I would probably do is to see if the problem is on the cpu or the playfield/opto board. Disconnect the row and header pins and use a diode and some jumper wires to simulate the switches in question in switch test mode. I haven't had this problem but since it's the sling switches triggering the wrong switches I don't think the problem is the opto board.

I can try this, sure. Can you explain it in a little more detail? I just don't want to do it wrong and make things worse ha.

#12 2 years ago
Quoted from MaxAsh:

I can try this,

I would replace that 7 switch opto board. That thing has seen a lot of heat. Pinball Life has them for 55 bucks.

#13 2 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

I would replace that 7 switch opto board. That thing has seen a lot of heat. Pinball Life has them for 55 bucks.

Yep, already ordered a board! barakandl sells them for $35 shipped, and I've had great success with Andrew's other products, so I figured I would give his board a try.

It would be good to try and figure out the original switch issue in the mean time

#14 2 years ago
Quoted from MaxAsh:

ep, already ordered a board! barakandl sells them for $35 shipped, and I've had great success with Andrew's other products, so I figured I would give his board a try.

It would be good to try and figure out the original switch issue in the mean time

Thats a good price. I have a spare of all the opto boards for wpc and wpc-95. Ya never know when somethin goes unobtanium....

#15 2 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Why replace the opto board when the slings aren't registering correctly?? I'm sorry but that just doesn't make sense to me but I'll gladly accept I could be wrong.

Refer to the section titled "Testing Columns and Rows" on this page: https://homepinballrepair.com/pinball-switch-lamp-matrix-troubleshooting/

#16 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Why replace the opto board when the slings aren't registering correctly?? I'm sorry but that just doesn't make sense to me but I'll gladly accept I could be wrong.
Refer to the section titled "Testing Columns and Rows" on this page: https://homepinballrepair.com/pinball-switch-lamp-matrix-troubleshooting/

Well, it was a combination of issues, and given the low cost of the opto board (and iffy condition of the one I have as shown), I figured it couldn't hurt. As noted, I want to troubleshoot the switch issues some more before I just throw the new opto board in.

Update: I looked at the CPU board and noticed that U20 was socketed. I don't think that was the case originally, so that's indicative of a previous issue. I don't see corrosion on the board that's noticeable, but the batteries were remoted by a previous owner. I also looked at J207, and from the top view of the connector I can see that connector pin J207-6 is a little different looking that the others. I checked continuity from the back of the connector to U20-13, C16, R72 and it seems okay, but given the fact that I was having issues with some switches in Column 6 (which is associated to J207-6), I'm a little suspicious. Some pics attached.

WH2O_J207-6 (resized).jpgWH2O_J207-6 (resized).jpgWH2O_U20 (resized).jpgWH2O_U20 (resized).jpg
#17 2 years ago

Switch Test Question: When I go into the Tests and go to Switch (Single) Test mode, I noticed that when I advance to any of the Opto switches, the game shows a letter "A" in parenthesis like (A) for each one. The switches aren't registering, and stay open. I can post a video if it helps. I'm just wondering if the test means something when that appears?

#18 2 years ago
Quoted from MaxAsh:

Just dirty I believe. Quick wipe with a cloth took most of what you see there off.

Those blue resistors there do look like they have got quite hot at some point, looking at the back of the board. Could be that they're not functioning at their best, causing ripple as LTG suggests? Just a thought.

#19 2 years ago
Quoted from FlippinJB:

Those blue resistors there do look like they have got quite hot at some point, looking at the back of the board. Could be that they're not functioning at their best, causing ripple as LTG suggests? Just a thought.

LTG was saying that excessive A/C ripple will cause the resistors to overheat, not the other way around. A resistor neither causes nor stops ripple, that's a capacitor's job. However I think those resistors have actually been changed out at some point based on the solder on them.

I just realized no one ever asked if you tested the diodes on the sling switches, probably the first thing you should have checked.

#20 2 years ago

Another thing You should try is just change out U20 (2803A) they call that chip the switch fuse for a reason. It is socketed for that reason. I keep those on hand because one little short to a switch circuit and it blows the chip.

#21 2 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Another thing You should try is just change out U20 (2803A) they call that chip the switch fuse for a reason. It is socketed for that reason. I keep those on hand because one little short to a switch circuit and it blows the chip.

I was thinking about swapping out U20, since someone in the past socketed it (it wasn't socketed originally). I don't have any on hand, unfortunately.

#22 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I just realized no one ever asked if you tested the diodes on the sling switches, probably the first thing you should have checked.

I believe I did that first, but I will go double-check them.

So I just tried something else, per a friend's advice. I have his TZ here at my place and he suggested I swap the WH2O MPU board into his TZ to see what came up. I was reluctant, since who knows what's wrong, but he insisted it was fine and to do it (obviously swapping the ROM).

I just did that, and then fired up TZ. It won't go into gameplay mode (there's a pop-up message on the DMD about needing to remove jumpers to make the game USA based), but I can go into Test mode. I checked the Switch Edge test, and a bunch of switches showed up as closed. Most of Columns 7 and 8 in fact. Unfortunately, I didn't think to run the same test with the original TZ board in it first, so I need to swap it back and see how the test runs on the known good TZ MPU for comparison.

Of note, Columns 7 & 8 do not correspond to the same items on the WH20 that I am having issues with, but they are adjacent. And they are ALL the Optos on TZ.

Going to go swap the boards back after a couple other tests and verify what shows up on the known good MPU.

#23 2 years ago
Quoted from MaxAsh:

I believe I did that first, but I will go double-check them.
So I just tried something else, per a friend's advice. I have his TZ here at my place and he suggested I swap the WH2O MPU board into his TZ to see what came up. I was reluctant, since who knows what's wrong, but he insisted it was fine and to do it (obviously swapping the ROM).
I just did that, and then fired up TZ. It won't go into gameplay mode (there's a pop-up message on the DMD about needing to remove jumpers to make the game USA based), but I can go into Test mode. I checked the Switch Edge test, and a bunch of switches showed up as closed. Most of Columns 7 and 8 in fact. Unfortunately, I didn't think to run the same test with the original TZ board in it first, so I need to swap it back and see how the test runs on the known good TZ MPU for comparison.
Of note, Columns 7 & 8 do not correspond to the same items on the WH20 that I am having issues with, but they are adjacent. And they are ALL the Optos on TZ.
Going to go swap the boards back after a couple other tests and verify what shows up on the known good MPU.

Did you try the diode jumper test I posted previously? This is THE best way to find out if the problem is on the MPU and it doesn't risk screwing up the MPU from a good game if something is wrong on the PF such as a switch line shorted to coil voltage, etc.

#24 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Did you try the diode jumper test I posted previously? This is THE best way to find out if the problem is on the MPU and it doesn't risk screwing up the MPU from a good game if something is wrong on the PF such as a switch line shorted to coil voltage, etc.

I'm happy to do that, I just wasn't clear on the process. Could you explain it so I'm certain to do it correctly? I have seen people jumper to ground(?) and such during test videos, but I don't recall a diode being mentioned. I have done similar testing in the past, but it's been a while, and on older Williams games.

By the way, thank you, and everyone, for offering suggestions and thoughts. This is the biggest gap in my knowledge base, so it drives me nuts to not just be able to figure it out.

#25 2 years ago
Quoted from MaxAsh:

I'm happy to do that, I just wasn't clear on the process. Could you explain it so I'm certain to do it correctly? I have seen people jumper to ground(?) and such during test videos, but I don't recall a diode being mentioned. I have done similar testing in the past, but it's been a while, and on older Williams games.

It's pretty simple and someone has a really nice animated video of it somewhere that I can't find right now but if you start by looking at the top right of the switch matrix, it shows you the orientation of the diodes in the matrix. You want to remove the rows and colums connectors J209 and J207 from the MPU and put the game in switch edges test. Then use a loose diode and your jumper cable to simulate the switch(es) in question. So in your case for the left sling you would put the jumper on J205 pin 5, attach the banded side of the diode to the jumper and then touch the non-banded (anode) side to J209 pin 1 and see what the game reports as closing and watch to make sure only one switch registers. Then repeat this by touching the anode to J209 pin 2 to test the right sling. If you want to test the optos you would just find them in the matrix and repeat the above using the corresponding row and colum pins for each one.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#26 2 years ago

Awesome write up, thank you

#27 2 years ago

The Whitewater MPU is still in TZ, but I figured I could do the suggested testing either way. I unplugged the connectors as described, and followed the directions for testing. Looks like all of Column 5 isn't working. Nothing at all for switches 41 - 48 .

I tested the other columns, just to make sure I was doing the test correctly, and all of them registered fine.

So it looks like I have a definite board / matrix issue for that column. Is the assumption that it's U20? Not sure what's next test-wise.

#28 2 years ago
Quoted from MaxAsh:

The Whitewater MPU is still in TZ, but I figured I could do the suggested testing either way. I unplugged the connectors as described, and followed the directions for testing. Looks like all of Column 5 isn't working. Nothing at all for switches 41 - 48 .
I tested the other columns, just to make sure I was doing the test correctly, and all of them registered fine.
So it looks like I have a definite board / matrix issue for that column. Is the assumption that it's U20? Not sure what's next test-wise.

Yes, since it's a column out it's almost certainly U20 but before you swap it I would measure that green-black wire's continuity to ground and then DC volts to make sure that it's not shorted to ground or high voltage somewhere.

#29 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Yes, since it's a column out it's almost certainly U20 but before you swap it I would measure that green-black wire's continuity to ground and then DC volts to make sure that it's not shorted to ground or high voltage somewhere.

Okay, I can go do that now. For the DC volts check, you just mean to one of the voltage lines with the game off? Just want to be clear on that part. Thanks

#30 2 years ago

Checked green-black to ground (connector unplugged from board), no continuity to ground.

Not sure what you want me to check DC-wise, I'll sit tight until I know what you mean there.

One small sidenote, I checked green-black continuity at the board connector to the switch blades at the slings since the playfield is down, and found continuity to one side of the switches as expected. I did notice that the right sling, top switch, looked like it might have been touching the other side of the switch continuously along the blades (hard to see, it was down inside the hole, but I noticed it from above). Fixed that.

#31 2 years ago
Quoted from MaxAsh:

Okay, I can go do that now. For the DC volts check, you just mean to one of the voltage lines with the game off? Just want to be clear on that part. Thanks

Turn the game on and make sure the coin door is closed or the interlock switch is pulled out so you have HV then test the Green Black wire to Ground without it connected to the board, should read 0.

#32 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Turn the game on and make sure the coin door is closed or the interlock switch is pulled out so you have HV then test the Green Black wire to Ground without it connected to the board, should read 0.

Ahh, gotcha. So same test, but with the game on, connector unplugged, and meter on DC voltage. Sorry if I'm slow, been a long day ha. Thank you, I'll do this and report back soon.

#33 2 years ago

I am reading between 6 and 8 vdc on pins 3 thru 6, If I'm testing properly. Pins 1 and 2 had less than 0.1 volts.

#34 2 years ago
Quoted from MaxAsh:

I am reading between 6 and 8 vdc on pins 3 thru 6, If I'm testing properly. Pins 1 and 2 had less than 0.1 volts.

Sounds fine, just need to replace U20, luckily it is already socketed.

#35 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Sounds fine, just need to replace U20, luckily it is already socketed.

Oh I thought I was supposed to read 0 volts? The fact that I was saying 6+ vdc was bad I thought?

#36 2 years ago

For U20 this should be your chip.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/ULN2803A

Gord

#37 2 years ago
Quoted from MaxAsh:

Oh I thought I was supposed to read 0 volts? The fact that I was saying 6+ vdc was bad I thought?

If you measure the WIRE with both connectors disconnected it should read 0 but you obviously tested with it connected and those numbers are normal.

#38 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

If you measure the WIRE with both connectors disconnected it should read 0 but you obviously tested with it connected and those numbers are normal.

No that was with the connector disconnected, sorry if that was unclear. It was just dangling there and I was testing from the unplugged connector with my red lead and my black lead on ground.

I will do it again in a bit, maybe I'll make a video to ensure I'm doing it correctly, but those were the results.

#39 2 years ago

I took several pics, but I just went back and tested. Every pin on that connector is showing similar voltage readings. It fluctuates a little, but I'm mostly getting 8+ VDC on them with my black lead clipped to the nearby cabinet ground. That yellow clip you see is over to the ground bolt in the head. It might look like it's near the connector in the pic, it's not.

WH2O_greenblackvolt_1 (resized).jpgWH2O_greenblackvolt_1 (resized).jpg

#40 2 years ago
Quoted from MaxAsh:

I took several pics, but I just went back and tested. Every pin on that connector is showing similar voltage readings. It fluctuates a little, but I'm mostly getting 8+ VDC on them with my black lead clipped to the nearby cabinet ground. That yellow clip you see is over to the ground bolt in the head. It might look like it's near the connector in the pic, it's not.
[quoted image]

Nevermind, I really just wanted to make sure you didn't have high voltage shorted to that line but the test you did elminates that so you can proceed with replacing u20 and re-installing the MPU in White Water.

#41 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Nevermind, I really just wanted to make sure you didn't have high voltage shorted to that line but the test you did elminates that so you can proceed with replacing u20 and re-installing the MPU in White Water.

Okay... I did the same test on my friends TZ and all the pins on the connector were 0 vdc like you said above. So I'm a little worried that mine are all showing 8+ vdc, but if you think it's fine I'll go ahead and just order U20. They're cheap, so I'll get a few just in case.

#42 2 years ago
Quoted from MaxAsh:

Okay... I did the same test on my friends TZ and all the pins on the connector were 0 vdc like you said above. So I'm a little worried that mine are all showing 8+ vdc, but if you think it's fine I'll go ahead and just order U20. They're cheap, so I'll get a few just in case.

Did you have the Rows connector off of both? I assumed you had it connected when you did the test as otherwise I can't think of anyway you'd get voltage on every single column and if something was shorted on every one you'd have had a lot more issues than you did. It may be coming from the optop board but again when I test it's always just been to make sure you don't have a HV short before plugging a new board or component in. I think you'll find when you get the board installed with the new U20 that your slings will work but you may still have another shorted diode on a switch somewhere but that won't blow up U20 or anything else and you'll have to burn that bridge when you get to it.

And yes, it's always good to have spare ULNs around as they are used a lot in WPC games.

#43 2 years ago

bobukcat So as you probably noticed over in the Whitewater club thread, I discovered a broken off switch that was laying down inside the back of the playfield. Turns out it's the switch that is supposed to be on the bigfoot ramp up top. I just pulled it up out of there to take a look, and the diode is snapped partially off. It's part of the dead column I believe (sw 57, Cayon Main). Think this might be part of the issue?

WH2O_sw57 (resized).jpgWH2O_sw57 (resized).jpg
#44 2 years ago
Quoted from MaxAsh:

bobukcat So as you probably noticed over in the Whitewater club thread, I discovered a broken off switch that was laying down inside the back of the playfield. Turns out it's the switch that is supposed to be on the bigfoot ramp up top. I just pulled it up out of there to take a look, and the diode is snapped partially off. It's part of the dead column I believe (sw 57, Cayon Main). Think this might be part of the issue?[quoted image]

Obviously that switch is never going to register for a couple of reasons but assuming it's wired correctly, it appears to be, and the two wires aren't shorted together it's not really going to cause any other issue. Hopefully though you can find a way to get that back on a bracket with an actuator where it belongs so your game will play properly once you have it running again. I hear the reproduction ramps are expensive and hard to fit together in this game, thankfully I've not had to do it.

#45 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Obviously that switch is never going to register for a couple of reasons but assuming it's wired correctly, it appears to be, and the two wires aren't shorted together it's not really going to cause any other issue. Hopefully though you can find a way to get that back on a bracket with an actuator where it belongs so your game will play properly once you have it running again. I hear the reproduction ramps are expensive and hard to fit together in this game, thankfully I've not had to do it.

Darn, wishful thinking it would solve the issue ha.

Yeah, that ramp is available at $129 currently. I am thinking I can probably repair it, but it might be tricky. I also, as you noted, am missing the actuator and such. I would need some pics or info on how exactly it was mounted and such to even attempt a repair.

Any chance you can pop off the back mountain range on yours and take some pics for me by any chance?

#46 2 years ago
Quoted from MaxAsh:

Darn, wishful thinking it would solve the issue ha.
Yeah, that ramp is available at $129 currently. I am thinking I can probably repair it, but it might be tricky. I also, as you noted, am missing the actuator and such. I would need some pics or info on how exactly it was mounted and such to even attempt a repair.
Any chance you can pop off the back mountain range on yours and take some pics for me by any chance?

If someone doesn't answer your request in the club thread I'll do that and get you some picks this afternoon.

#47 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

If someone doesn't answer your request in the club thread I'll do that and get you some picks this afternoon.

Awesome, thanks. They seem busy, worried about GI lighting currently ha.

Going to go do some more tinkering. Opto board arrives Friday or so. I will hopefully get the IC order in shortly so they get here in a similar time frame.

Oh and to answer the question a few posts back about the voltage on the connector: "Did you have the Rows connector off both?" , I had connector J207 and J209 both off while doing the testing. Everything else was connected.

#48 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Basically the switch just cradles the plastic ramp and have one screw into the plastic (where your ramp is broken) at each end of the metal switch holder, nothing fancy to see.

I had a similar problem with broken ramp plastic so I took a plastic sheet and sawed it to a suitable form. Then I made a slit in the custom plastic for the old switch assembly actuator arm and two holes to mount it. Basically the switch now sits on the new plastic and the new plastic is fastened onto the ramp below it. My ramp had more plastic left than yours though, so I could use a large spacer on one side to get it to sit firmly there. The mountains are then mounted on top of everything (as usual) so the players won't see any of this.
1234 (resized).jpg1234 (resized).jpg

New plastic outline:
2222 (resized).jpg2222 (resized).jpg

#49 2 years ago

That's a pretty good solution. Can you show me the actuator piece? Mine is missing. I looked up the switch using the part number and it looks like the kind of switch that normally goes under a ramp for a ball to roll over. Is it the same kind, just flipped upside down and mounted at the top instead of under?

#50 2 years ago
Quoted from MaxAsh:

That's a pretty good solution. Can you show me the actuator piece? Mine is missing. I looked up the switch using the part number and it looks like the kind of switch that normally goes under a ramp for a ball to roll over. Is it the same kind, just flipped upside down and mounted at the top instead of under?

Nope, its a 1-way roll under switch, the bracket is unobtainium, but the switch itself is readily available.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/5647-12693-21

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Indian Land, SC
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jamestown, NC
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.95
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

12,610 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mapleton, UT
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/white-water-weird-switch-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.