• white water 95 votes
    52%
  • Simpsons pinball party 89 votes
    48%

(184 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

which one would you rather have, White water or Simpsons pinball party?

okay, new rule, pick your favorite mini playfield too!

#2 10 years ago

lol, I traded a TSPP and picked up a WH2O. Great trade for me, not looking back at all. BUT, in a small collection, TSPP is going to hold your interest more, Bart.

-Wes

#3 10 years ago
Quoted from copperpot:

lol, I traded a TSPP and picked up a WH2O. Great trade for me, not looking back at all. BUT, in a small collection, TSPP is going to hold your interest more, Bart.
-Wes

thanks, man!

#4 10 years ago

Since you have lotr i wouldnt get tspp just yet.

#5 10 years ago

TSPP all the way. I do like playing white water, but the depth and range of ways to play the Simpsons has my vote. Just completing the couch modes can be an entire game, and I have never loaded the car all the way during couch multiball. Collecting Coletes kids takes a while. stacking itching MB, couch MB, and a TV mode is very gratifying. Getting through CG hurry ups is another one. . . . and the best mode to date is reverse flippers in "a place where reality takes a break" or something along those lines.

#6 10 years ago

You probably should play both. Not sure where you are located... Pyramid Scheme in Grand Rapids, MI has both games. TSPP has alot more going on, but it takes a long time to figure out what those rules are. WH2O is fun without alot of thought.

#7 10 years ago

Wh20 easily

#8 10 years ago

Had both, TSPP is long gone and WH2O is here to stay.

#9 10 years ago

I had WH2O for about 3 months and sold it. I haven't logged a ton of games on TSPP, but from what I've played, I like it better than WH2O.

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

Had both, TSPP is long gone and WH2O is here to stay.

Exactly the same here too!

#13 10 years ago

WH20 is probably in my top 3 favorite games ever...definitely WH20.

#14 10 years ago

I have both and love both. WH2O is fun. I like it because I can beat it once in awhile and it flows well.

TSPP is better between the two. It's tougher, but when you start getting better at the shots and deeper into the rule-set, it is far superior, and way more fun.

WH2O would get repetitive sooner, but it is still fun and would complement your LOTR very well.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from kidpinballwizard:

which one would you rather have, White Water or Simpsons Pinball Party?

I had both but sold both. I will miss Whitewater a ton, TSPP despite all the hype and the deep deep rule did not have a memorable or fun shot in the game.

WH20 is a classic it just was not being played enough to warrant keeping it. But it is fantastic for trying to crush high scores and is probably the first game I am sad to sell but happy it will go somewhere it's played.

My TSPP i traded for TAF and although I paid to much for my TAF I was happy to see TSPP go, very boring game. And I am a huge simpsons fan so theme does not mean you will love something. It plays very slow and is pretty damn easy. The upper playfield is terribly boring in comparison to WH20 which upper playfield shots are probably the funnest of any game I have played.

The smack when the ball hits the glass is really memorable.

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

You probably should play both. Not sure where you are located... Pyramid Scheme in Grand Rapids, MI has both games. TSPP has alot more going on, but it takes a long time to figure out what those rules are. WH2O is fun without alot of thought.

There's a place called Pyramid Scheme in Grand Rapids? That's excellent! It is the home of Amway, the biggest pyramid scheme of them all. It made founder Dick DeVos a billionaire in the absolute scummiest of fashions.

#17 10 years ago

TSPP blows WH20 out of the water!

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

TSPP blows WH20 out of the water!

You got part of that right.

#19 10 years ago

Wow pretty much a dead heat between these two ... Interesting!

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

Wow pretty much a dead heat between these two ... Interesting!

same thing happened to my "AC/DC or lord of the rings" thread!

#21 10 years ago

Tracelifter, Alien Invasion is one of the most satisfying modes in ALL of pinball. It take a lot, and I mean a lot to get there, but the payoff is completely worth it.

#22 10 years ago

Whitewater!
I would love it in my collection. I play it all the time on Ipad.
"Welcome to Wet Willy's"

image.jpgimage.jpg

#23 10 years ago

See my avatar

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

Tracelifter, Alien Invasion is one of the most satisfying modes in ALL of pinball. It take a lot, and I mean a lot to get there, but the payoff is completely worth it.

It's actually not too hard to get there, completing it is another story. I've never done it since nib in 2003...ugh

#25 10 years ago

Own both, WH2O I dearly love, but it would leave before TSPP. That game has the absolute best stacking of any pin in pinball. You can approach it in so many different ways. The icing on the cake is that AI is possibly the BEST wizard mode ever invented (well sub-wizard mode if you count SDMEWM, which I'll probably never see). Crazy fun.

#26 10 years ago

I bought a HUO TSPP based on its rankings and depth.. bla bla...

It lasted about 3 months and I couldnt wait to replace it. Killers for me:

- The sound package is horrible.. call outs are ok, but they grate on you and the quality of the samples or delivery of them sucks bad.

- The flippers are real LOUD.. noticed this only on TSPP, no other Stern I played and it was not just my TSPP. someone who knows more about the Stern games produced at the time may be able to explain why.

- The posts around the bumpers are close to the flippers and hard to avoid. Result is a clunky feel and overall the playfield is more cramped.

- The rules may be deep but the game is a bore (coming from a big fan of the Simpsons) and with the above it was a massive let down for me personally.

WH20 may not be the best game ever but its plenty fun, great sounds, great shot selection and satisfying shots, unique playfield, fun upper playfield, deep enough and has that classic Williams feel and artwork.

#27 10 years ago

TSPP takes a while to really get a grasp on the depth and ruleset of whats going on, but once you get there you realize it is one of the best pinball games ever made. I've had mine new since 2003 and it is still one of the most played games in my collection. To me personally it is way, way better than WH2O

#28 10 years ago

I own a TSPP and was very excited to get it, but just wasn't able to get into it for the first week or two. Then I started understanding the rules, making the shots, developing different strategies and hitting the various multiballs. Now I absolutely love it! For me, the game is about the multiballs! So many, all different, and all so much fun. 2 ball, 3 ball, 4 ball, 5 ball, progressive multiball (alien invasion), reversed flipper multiball (Mystery Spot). Then stack on that two playfields, 5 flippers, and the need to make shots. Then stack on that all the stackable modes. Keeps you very busy and having a lot of fun. You can play it deep, but you can have a lot of fun getting any of the multiballs going. While I have had a few epic games where I must walk away for a while because I'm totally spent, I keep coming back for more. WH2O is also very fun, but I haven't had as much time on it to know if it is one that will keep me as engaged as TSPP has.

#29 10 years ago

My holy grail is Wh2o! And it just shipped today - from Allen at TC. Can't wait for delivery!!
Nilroc, mind if I "grab onto him"? (and use your photo..it's awesome!)

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from kidpinballwizard:

which one would you rather have, White Water or Simpsons Pinball Party?

No answer to this other than to flip a coin (IMO).

Both are Killer Games and about equal in terms of fun factor.

#31 10 years ago

I believe you will obtain the exact same results of the above poll if you also ask this question:

"A tornado is heading your way. Do you: A) Put your family in the car and drive away as fast as you can. or B) PRAY"

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

I believe you will obtain the exact same results of the above poll if you also ask this question:
"A tornado is heading your way. Do you: A) Put your family in the car and drive away as fast as you can. or B) PRAY"

Reminds me of the joke about the guy drowning and refuses help from a boat and a helicopter because he said he has faith and has asked God to save him. He drowns, gets to heaven, and asks why God didn't save him - God replied, "I sent you a boat and a helicopter - what more did you want?!"

#33 10 years ago

They're such different games, I think it really depends on what kind of style you prefer. I think WH2O is just a blast. I can't get enough of it, I just find it pure fun to play over and over and over. TSPP took me a long time to like at all. I've put enough time on it now that I appreciate the depth of the rule set and the cleverness of the code, but in the end I just don't find it that fun to play.

#34 10 years ago

I have both and my vote goes to WH20.

WH20 has better flow and is fun where TSPP has such a deep rule set I doubt I will ever complete the game.

#35 10 years ago

They're both amazing and unique. I can't decide.

#36 10 years ago

I've owned both. Sold WH20 and don't think TSPP will ever leave

So TSPP

#37 10 years ago

Opposite here. I've owned both... Sold my TSPP and will never sell my WH2O.

My TSPP was HUO, and it was consistenly voted LAST place in my entire collection of DMD machines (I always ask folks after they play). LOOKS beautiful, and people would flock to it... then play a game and never come back. My Doctor Who and South Park got 10x the love TSPP got if that means anything.

Jonathan

#38 10 years ago

WH20 all the way. It was my second machine and its not going anywhere, bought it at a local auction.

#39 10 years ago

I haven't owned a TSPP, and do own a Whitewater... so I guess my vote goes to Whitewater.

I have wanted to try a TSPP in my house, even though it has never really done it for me on location.

One of the most telling things about TSPP is its price has not really rocketed upwards. In a land of 5-6K HOU LoTR, IM, etc....

The price of a TSPP is sitting pretty much where it always has.

#40 10 years ago

White Water is a great game, but gotta go with The Simpsons Pinball Party on this one. Tough choice for sure, but The Simpsons just has more to offer. Love White Water, but the music and the constant yelling from Willie drives me nuts.

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

I haven't owned a TSPP, and do own a Whitewater... so I guess my vote goes to Whitewater.
I have wanted to try a TSPP in my house, even though it has never really done it for me on location.
One of the most telling things about TSPP is its price has not really rocketed upwards. In a land of 5-6K HOU LoTR, IM, etc....
The price of a TSPP is sitting pretty much where it always has.

I can believe that.

Nobody played my TSPP's (I have had 3 of them) and I had a hard time selling them, I could sell my WH2O no problem it is one game pinheads always ask me if it is for sale.
Sold the last Simpson's for 3K just to get it out of my shop.
Buyer had it 2 weeks and traded it off, I told him when he bought it that he would either love it or hate it, no middle ground on this one.
I was offered another one off route for 25 and passed on it, not worth my time to shop and repair it.

#42 10 years ago

whenever i play WH20 i feel like I'm using the right flipper way more then the left, does anyone else feel that way?

#43 10 years ago

I had a similar experience on trying to sell my HUO TSPP. It sat on Craigs for WEEKS at a decent price... Both my South Park and Doctor Who I sold were on Craigs for less than 24 hrs and were sold/picked up by people eager to buy them. My TSPP was HUO and flawless, and I didn't even get a single offer on the thing last fall. I ended up trading it in... If I put my WH2O on Craigs, I bet someone would be at my house inside of 2 hours picking it up.

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

I told him when he bought it that he would either love it or hate it, no middle ground on this one.

Unfortunately Simps is one of those games that can take a lot of time and effort to warm up to. I really didn't like it at first and found it confusing and hard. However I kept playing it for some reason...and maybe after 100 times or so, it finally clicked and EVERYTHING made sense, felt 100% organic and magical and perfect lol. I totally get that people don't have that patience with games sometimes...I'm perhaps guilty of that with TZ and SC. I've played them a bunch and just don't understand or like them - but maybe 20 or 30 more plays and I would? Anyway, I'm glad I was patient with TSPP cuz honestly I feel like it's a love-letter to pinball with all that it manages to squish into one box.

#45 10 years ago

I played a TSPP on location when it first came out and thought it was fun but never though I would own one due to the sound. With all the stacking it just seemed like a bunch of meaningless sound bites.

Flash forward many years and I picked one up in a trade. I was complaining to my wife about the sound and she says the sound fits because the show itself is basically a bunch of sound bites. That simple statement changed my enjoyment of the game.

After more play, I think the sound does a great job of letting you know what you're hitting. As many others have said, I like all the different ways you can approach the game.

For me, most of the time it boils down to keeping the timer going then trying to get as many things started as possible. Those two things keep me pressing the start button.

I've played WH20 quite a bit and though I've never owned one, I think I've experienced what it has to offer. I prefer TSPP but they're both good games.

#46 10 years ago

I think I have already voted on this one with my wallet. I have owned 3 WH2O's and 0 TSPP. I have passed on TSPP at 2K, let alone what they are going for now. I have paid full retail for WH2O and never thought twice about it.

Tom

#47 10 years ago

Wh20 wins this one easily. Obviously play both before you buy, but this is especially true when it comes to tspp. I know several big time Simpsons fans who found the game boring and sold it quickly. Tspp is deep, awesome theme, but gameplay is involved and somewhat slow for me.

#48 10 years ago

TSPP all day, every day.

#49 10 years ago

Patience is something you must have with TSPP. If not, don't buy it.

#50 10 years ago
Quoted from copperpot:

-Wes

Lucky man. I have been waiting for a long time to get someone to take my TSPP for a WH2O. I only bought TSPP since everyone said how great a game it is, and I was tired of waiting for a WH2O. I guess I should just sell my TSPP now, and wait for the next White Water to sell in So Cal.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 18.95
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Montpelier, VA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 16.00
$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 45.95
$ 218.00
9,899 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/white-water-vs-simpsons-pinball-party and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.