Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 63 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by Mjonesproperty
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    A986DE44-9F01-4787-863D-83AAE261D0BF (resized).jpeg
    06E1F95F-686A-46EB-9188-C5A696592F87 (resized).jpeg
    7A623C34-66A3-4B45-9156-35F89305E8F4 (resized).jpeg
    4693B3D2-90BD-43A7-8983-D38B33048614 (resized).jpeg
    DF55EF39-0E63-4B27-94BB-E62315FE8C62 (resized).jpeg
    3715F63C-D7C0-49BC-9626-4AA2A432F4FB (resized).jpeg
    B763A6A9-FFE3-4EF3-AC88-5AD8EF7BB3A2 (resized).jpeg
    F3FD986D-D8E1-4A8B-8D4D-B2803DFA0F3F (resized).jpeg
    734F7B09-E92F-4799-8E8C-8E93CB89EF83 (resized).jpeg
    97B16120-FB7C-42A4-A97E-3E2438C82703 (resized).jpeg
    C57DF2A1-07AB-4B08-AAEC-ED2E7357AFED (resized).jpeg
    771E6BAD-0F16-479A-8199-EFE0256E3B36 (resized).jpeg
    05fc11285a6f4a7e2a29d43a8cb477a3_w200.gif
    C24B14AD-5568-4367-A9A1-5C4205CC508C (resized).jpeg
    671268DD-5273-4D70-9CF1-2161873BCC41 (resized).jpeg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 3 months ago
    Quoted from whthrs166:

some lucky person

I think you mean uninformed. $9500 WH20s have every piece tumbled, playfield cleared, brassed/chromed/powder coated hardware, and butter cabinet. No detail missed or undocumented and no lame ass excuses needed. You want a showroom price, you have to SHOW showroom quality. This isn't just pinball, but EVERY other restoration hobby. I collect bikes (Motorcycles - much more expensive than pinball) and guys get ripped apart just like this tough guy. It's not personal. Too many people try and walk in thinking we're dummies throwing stupid money at anything. WRONG. This is a hardly a $7500 machine with the information provided. I apologize if this was truly a naïve sale post. Lots of shills on this website posting stupid prices to attract attention to get the sale. Integrity matters regardless of the medium.

#52 3 months ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

When I said 'here' I meant pinside, not necessarily the thread. He's been ripping on pinside as a whole since the other thread. And..I for one don't mean any disrespect to him. I don't care what people ask for their games. I just find the threads entertaining, and was trying to give some advice.

Sellers can ask whatever they want - the buyers who are picking these games up and insane prices are incognito.

But I agree that to create a forum post on something like this is just asking for trouble, would have thought OP would have thought different after the first thread.

#53 3 months ago

Is that the original coin door?

#54 3 months ago
    Quoted from midwestpinguy:

I think you mean uninformed. $9500 WH20s have every piece tumbled, playfield cleared, brassed/chromed/powder coated hardware, and butter cabinet. No detail missed or undocumented and no lame ass excuses needed. You want a showroom price, you have to SHOW showroom quality. This isn't just pinball, but EVERY other restoration hobby. I collect bikes (Motorcycles - much more expensive than pinball) and guys get ripped apart just like this tough guy. It's not personal. Too many people try and walk in thinking we're dummies throwing stupid money at anything. WRONG. This is a hardly a $7500 machine with the information provided. I apologize if this was truly a naïve sale post. Lots of shills on this website posting stupid prices to attract attention to get the sale. Integrity matters regardless of the medium.

I’m not trying to rip anyone off or take advantage of people either. But, I am also an honest guy and with prices as high as they have been I don’t want to leave anything on the table. This is a nice machine, is it a showroom HEP quality game, no, and it’s not priced at 12.5k plus either. I do honestly believe, judging by what I have into this to get to this point and current pricing that this machine is a solid $9-10k machine all day.

I added some more pics to hopefully help clear things up and to the guy who asked, no I have not received any serious offers on the machine or anyone wanting to look at it.

#55 3 months ago
    Quoted from whthrs166:

ou have a nice game and some lucky person will take it either on here or somewhere else.

A lucky person? I don't think so....JMHO.

#56 3 months ago
    Quoted from Mjonesproperty:

no I have not received any serious offers on the machine or anyone wanting to look at it. I’m assuming because of all that has unfolded in this thread.

Yeah, that's what it is...

#57 3 months ago

Dude, you still have batteries on the board and alligator clips. This is a nice pin but this not collector quality. You need to take a look at more guys doing restores. Everything behind the backglass and under the playfield is players quality.

#58 3 months ago

The clips are for the led star post lights, didn’t want to make permanent in case they didn’t work out or are no longer wanted. Batteries on board is fine, just keep them changed. It’s nice but not needed in my mind.

This is a restored, players condition machine. It’s not a museum piece. Meant to be played and it’s by no means a hack. This whole notion of perfect, absolutely pristine machines is all fine and dandy but in a 28 year old machine that’s most likely be routed you are going to have some minor imperfections here and there.

#59 3 months ago

The clips are for the led star post lights, didn’t want to make permanent in case they didn’t work out or are no longer wanted. Batteries on board is fine, just keep them changed. It’s nice but not needed in my mind.
    This is a restored, players condition machine. It’s not a museum piece. Meant to be played and it’s by no means a hack. This whole notion of perfect, absolutely pristine machines is all fine and dandy but in a 28 year old machine that’s most likely be routed you are going to have some minor imperfections here and there.

I agree with all of that but not at this price point. $9500 for a nice players machine, come on dude. Restored players condition is laughable, total oxymoron.

P.S. Solder is magical stuff, all you do is heat it up and you can undo a connection.

#60 3 months ago

I think you need to check your use of the word oxymoron. There is nothing contradictory about saying restored players condition. You can have a rough players machine as another example. So if you have a played machine that has been restored to a like new (not 100 percent perfect) what should it be called? Refreshed players? Refurb players? Modified, slightly less than perfect players? I think restored players is a better term and to most people would fit the bill just fine. But if you want to continue to pick away, be my guest

#61 3 months ago

I think you need to check your use of the word oxymoron. There is nothing contradictory about saying restored players condition. You can have a rough players machine as another example. So if you have a played machine that has been restored to a like new (not 100 percent perfect) what should it be called? Refreshed players? Refurb players? Modified, slightly less than perfect players? I think restored players is a better term and to most people would fit the bill just fine. But if you want to continue to pick away, be my guest

I would call it top side shopped. My usage of oxymoron is on point. At first I thought maybe you were just a bit new and lacking knowledge. This is used car salesman trying to make a score. Nothing more to see here.

#62 3 months ago

Wait a minute....

pasted_image (resized).png

What is THAT....?

Is that seriously a 2-piece IDC/Molex connector on a nearly $10K WH20 ?

#63 3 months ago
    Quoted from NPO:

Wait a minute....
    [quoted image]
    What is THAT....?
    Is that seriously a 2-piece IDC/Molex connector on a nearly $10K WH20 ?

Jesus dude, find a girl friend or something. You just went to a whole new level of “ I have nothing better to do”. Now a connector, which works perfectly fine is an over the top deal??

There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside