• 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by bssbllr
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Wh20 Switch (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider osvivalt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Howdy, fellow Pinsiders! I recently bought my first ever pinball machine which is White Water. I'm very inexperienced with electronics and don't fully know how a pinball machine functions, but I'm trying to learn as best as I can. Few days ago the test report indicated that I need to check switch 57 (Canyon Main). When I test this single switch on the upper playfield with a ball, it does not register anything. The soldering is in contact. Today I checked the backbox switch matrix board and everything there as well looks as it should in switch 57 area. I also tried to examine the under playfield area for loose connectors or wires, but couldn't find any. At this point I thought it would be best to ask for help as I don't know what to do next. How should I approach this problem? I apology my bad english as it's not my native language. Because of this, I might need as simplified instructions as possible. Any help is appreciated!

#5 4 years ago

Thank you for your replies! I'll start with these directions and see if they solve the problem. It's most likely a simple switch problem, which makes me think this is a good way to start practicing repairing. Probably missed something already while checking. I will also order some replacement and spare parts as I don't have many of them yet. I'm also buying some basic tools to start with (I acquired the game only a few days ago). I'll report more after monday because I have to travel for a few days.

Quoted from bssbllr:

Not sure I understand what you mean by this. Could you explain like maybe wiring or the switch does register.

Bad expression there. I only checked the soldering joints were intact and that everything appeared physically fine.

#7 4 years ago

I was able to fix the switch, thanks to your help! It simply seems to be a bad switch I have to replace. It does click when pushed but barely does so. I also went to check the diode more closely and the other switches in the area Djshakes highlighted. They were all fine. Now I understand generally a lot more about switches which is a good start. Cheers!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

7,780 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilsonville, OR
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Montpelier, VA
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

7,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

12,610 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mapleton, UT
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 12.95
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider osvivalt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/white-water-switch-problem?tu=osvivalt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.