• Latest reply 5 years ago by bsbdmd83
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

15714 (resized).jpeg
#1 6 years ago

Just picked up a white water and am going through the restoration punch list. On the shooter lane metal housing, there are two holes which appear to be for star posts. Can someone tell me the height of these posts? Also old poosts of the painters touch spray matching paint for the blue backbox show the color stated is not a listed color anymore. Anyone used a good touch up spray recently. Just for the small blemishes around the silk screen and for the front edge of the cabinet backbox- I will be redecaling

#2 6 years ago

I can check tomorrow. There are 2 star posts on top of the shooter. I’ll get you the measurement first thing in the morning.

#3 6 years ago

Ty so much

#4 6 years ago

The star posts are the standard clear star posts available anywhere. Pick up a few bulb condoms to put on the top of the screws so they dont scratch the head of the cabinet.

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from exflexer:

The star posts are the standard clear star posts available anywhere. Pick up a few bulb condoms to put on the top of the screws so they dont scratch the head of the cabinet.

Definitely do this. The thinner blue condoms ones look very nice here, imo.

#6 6 years ago

Sounds good. I see two length clear star posts a shorter and a longer- hence my question.

#8 6 years ago

Ty to all- anyone wonder why these are there. Dont find these in any other pin that I know of. Also, this game came with an apron skin- magnetic that stuck to regular apron. Has a licensing mark on the bottom. Never seen one of these either

#9 6 years ago

Look like plenty people here to help. This is what's on my game.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-8319-13

The condom idea is slick. I'm going to pick some up.

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from bsbdmd83:

Ty to all- anyone wonder why these are there. Dont find these in any other pin that I know of. Also, this game came with an apron skin- magnetic that stuck to regular apron. Has a licensing mark on the bottom. Never seen one of these either

The star posts are there to keep a ball from jumping on top of that portion of the apron and getting stuck.

#11 6 years ago

Okay while we are at it. This game has the classic dimple from the VUK- not bad, but dont want it to worsen. I have seen Cliffys plate for this and wondered from you users if anyone is using it? does it affect play? spin issues? getting stuck behind the plate and wont go to the flippers? etc?

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from bsbdmd83:

Okay while we are at it. This game has the classic dimple from the VUK- not bad, but dont want it to worsen. I have seen Cliffys plate for this and wondered from you users if anyone is using it? does it affect play? spin issues? getting stuck behind the plate and wont go to the flippers? etc?

That cliffy is definitely worth getting, otherwise it will inevitably get worse. I installed new ramps at the same time as that cliffy and had to do a bit of filing/sanding/mylaring to keep balls from occasionally settling on the transition groove there (particularly when trying for the skillshot). Your mileage may vary however.

#13 6 years ago

I have seen tricks on white water where you can put a small post rubber on the end of the vuk wireform to make the ball push to the right instead of slamming straight down and the ball stopping on the divot.

4 weeks later
#14 6 years ago

So I have everything back together I think. The mountain plastic that sits in the bend of the ramp on the left side has a clear plastic and post underneath. There is a hole in the plastic and I cannot remember the orientation of this plastic under mountain. I though the hole would go over the switch in the lower ramp but it doesnt line up. Right now I simply have it resting on the lower ramp lip and it works fine but want to be sure its correct.

Also after replacing the long left waterfall ramp , when a ball doesnt make it all the way there is a small cutout in the bottom of the first loop to allow the ball to return to the playfield. Sometimes it gets caught in the bottom and I have to tilt to get it out. What have other done about this issue. Washer under screw on left side to create a bigger incline? filing of ramp?

Thanks all- great game

#15 6 years ago

What rom is missing on my Whitewater CPU?

15714 (resized).jpeg15714 (resized).jpeg

8 months later
#16 5 years ago

After changing the upper playfield, the ball will sometimes not make it up the wireform in the vertical upkicker. I have readjusted ramps, wireform etc. Any ideas? Stronger coil? ALso I changed the upper flipper coil to the correct one in the manual and it seems weaker and harder to make the falls and whirlpool ramps

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.95
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

7,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Montpelier, VA
$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

Machine - For Sale
Sugarloaf, CO
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/white-water-restoration-question?hl=bsbdmd83 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.