(Topic ID: 86561)

White water restoration process Started!!!

By demetris74

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by gcp
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 14 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_4472.JPG
IMG_4471.JPG
IMG_4473.JPG
IMG_4470.JPG
IMG_4468.JPG
IMG_4469.JPG
IMG_4445.JPG
IMG_4447.JPG
IMG_4444.JPG
IMG_4433.JPG
IMG_4432.JPG
IMG_4416.JPG
IMG_4411.JPG
IMG_4398.JPG

#1 5 years ago

Hi Guys

Thought i would share the beginning of my White water restoration. I must say is one of the pain in the butt to figure out how to remove everything!!!. Again this one is really bad condition and will take some time to be done. Thankfully all electronics work perfect despite the condition. Wish me luck when putting this mess back how it was LOL

IMG_4398.JPG IMG_4411.JPG IMG_4416.JPG IMG_4432.JPG IMG_4433.JPG IMG_4444.JPG IMG_4445.JPG IMG_4447.JPG
#2 5 years ago

Always fun to watch someone else do this! Good luck!

#3 5 years ago

καλή τύχη

#4 5 years ago

Wow, is that filthy! Enjoy!

#5 5 years ago

Let me know if you end help at any point. I just put mine back together after taking it all off the top of the playfield. All posts, everything. Also, be sure to lookup some of my old WH2O threads as I posted some things you need to be sure to check/adjust.

#6 5 years ago

Dirt... Should clean up nicely though.

#7 5 years ago

Looks like fun. I've seen worse looking WH2Os. One thing that sucks is the ball trails on the white and light blue parts of the playfield. I could never get them out completely. Oh, and definitely get the latest home roms at some point, ball save and attract mode are worth the price alone.

-Riles

#8 5 years ago

thanks guys will keep you posted if i stuck on something, Really nice to be filthy as will have some action in the process, got also some minor mountain cracks that will fix.,

Now thinking about the Gi lights before installing back stuff , i guess mountains RED Led, and under ramp Blue Leds!!!

#9 5 years ago

The middle of the playfield ends up kind of dark depending on your lighting situation and GI. Be careful not to make the play areas too dark including the upper playfield. Also, put two rubbers on the area in front of Bigfoot or a flush LED as it will get knocked/broken otherwise. I have though about adding a spotlight or two. I did add one for the upper playfield and it really helps people see the ball up there. You can attach one onto one of the screws holding the Bigfoot cave cover onto the ramp.

#10 5 years ago

Good stuff. Inspirational and informational. Keep us informed each step of the way as time allows. Thanks!!

#11 5 years ago

Fun game to restore - looks great when you are done. I've got two in work right now.

Scott

2 weeks later
#12 5 years ago

Hi Guys

have just finish installing the back mountain which was my last part to finish. 10 minutes of watching my efforts and really is a joy to watch.

Everything works great with out a clinch. Except replacing the Waterfall board Rectifiers and The lights now work as well.

greetings from Cyprus

IMG_4468.JPG
IMG_4469.JPG
IMG_4470.JPG
IMG_4471.JPG
IMG_4472.JPG
IMG_4473.JPG

#13 5 years ago

Wow. Looks really nice.

#14 5 years ago

I like the green LEDs behind the light lock targets, don't see that much but it works well!

#15 5 years ago

Do you have white inserts in the raft inserts? They look a little on the green side. I had the same problem with mine and color matching those really makes a difference. Great job on the clean up

#16 5 years ago

was thinking of blue behind the green targets but since they are green transparent it looks much better with green leds, Is as they are expanding deep inside in color, cool effect

The leds in the raft inserts are white , will try to color match and see how it looks, i have some yellow left

#17 5 years ago

I found that the white LEDs behind yellow tend to wash them to a greenish tint. I think you'll be much happier with yellow behind yellow. Congrats on the job. WH2O is a beautiful and fun machine.

I can't really tell from the pic, but it looks like you have bad wear around the mine kickout. I'd address that as its a common problem on WH2O and can get ugly quickly.

#18 5 years ago

hi

yes i have a wear round mine kick-out but other than that is really clean, pictures dont make justice, have one of white drip targets to be replaced as is glued,

Really love the game, has nice flow and clever layout /multiball release.

Amazing that every pinball is so unique, I have 5 so far and they are so different on every aspect . Williams probably has this strategy to individualize machines and eventually becoming collectors item.

well done

#19 5 years ago

You should flame polish those ramps. They will be clear and it really makes the machine pop.

#20 5 years ago

tell you the truth i tried with the head gun but is rather dangerous is the tip is large

what kind of flame you use?

#21 5 years ago

I used a micro flame, but watch the videos put up by B_R on here. He does it with a large propane torch. They look much better afterwards.

#22 5 years ago

But be sure you get *all* of the dirt out first...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Whitewater pinball mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside