hELLS_YEAH_(resized).png
warren-davis-1_7_(resized).jpg
Attach20845_20160211_211256_(resized).jpg
rick-big-picture.jpg
20150411_165544.jpg
pps-1.jpg
scroogemcduck.jpg
lucifer-1.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yaksplat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#415 8 years ago

I just joined Pinside today and then found this thread. As a White Water owner I got really excited when I started reading this thread. This project sounds like it'd be a great addition to an already amazing game. Here's to hoping that it can continue and we can all enjoy the mass amount of work that Endprodukt and others have put into it. Thanks for all of your effort.

I was the lucky buyer of Soltic's machine that he sold to me nearly a decade ago.

1 year later
#568 7 years ago

As long as this is still moving, i'm happy. It doesn't matter if it's delayed, when it's ready, so is my whitewater.

1 year later
#648 5 years ago

Thanks for your continued work on this. I check in on it about once per year and as long as it's not dead, I'm happy. When it's available, I'll gladly update my machine.

6 months later
#666 4 years ago

That would be a great combination.

3 months later
#670 4 years ago

This isn't the action that i wanted to see in this thread

1 month later
#677 4 years ago
Quoted from Endprodukt:

I'm like this: one day I will open the project and say 'this needs to be done' and this is where I will go crazy again.

I know exactly how that is. I've got projects laying around just waiting for me to get interested in them again and just like you I go full bore until it's done. My Whitewater won't be leaving anytime soon, so it's ready when you are.

#682 4 years ago

I'd throw in.

1 month later
#700 4 years ago
Quoted from Endprodukt:

Dear White Water fans.
I have news. I would call them good news.
All SFX and speech samples have been succesfully replaced to my satisfaction. I'm actually fine tuning them now. (Stereo panning and volume)
The music as you heard it in my examples is still not done and will probably not be done for quite some time...BUT:
I will release the package with a completely restored music set and my personal shaker profile.
I used state of the art compressors, limiters, equalizers and restoring tools to make the original soundtrack sound deeper, more punchy and clearer. It's stereo enhanced (not true stereo but wider), harsh frequencies have been dynamicaly removed while missing topend has been reintroduced with complex audio restoration. All in all I would call it a more HiFi version of the original that fades in with all the new sounds very naturally.
To me as an audiophile idiot the restoration is a night and day difference. It really needs a stereo update with good speakers to open it's full potential, though. Also the sfx makes heavy use of stereo panning.
When and how this package is going to be released has yet to be announced.
This is not 100% what you all have been waiting for, but believe me that it sounds fantastic. Having Warren Davis as the original Wet Willie alone is worth a ton.
I'm very sorry you all had to wait for so long.
A little something:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3tlbm2nhunpjslj/howdy%20wet.wav?dl=0

Always good to get an update from you. I look forward to getting this operational in my machine. Keep up the good work!

#706 4 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

What is that supposed to be? It doesn't seem similar to any sound clip on MY Whitewater, furthermore the quality sounded pretty poor.

Dude...Really?

#709 4 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Lol poor quality.. shoot, I just bought another pinsound.

I can only imagine how many extra pinsounds this is going to sell when released.

#718 4 years ago
Quoted from Endprodukt:

The music as you heard it in my examples is still not done and will probably not be done for quite some time

But... all of the positive feedback that you're receiving here is driving you to get it all done at a much higher rate of speed

2 weeks later
#731 4 years ago
Quoted from Sgrsgr:

Hi. As there is no music out yet for download I decided to give it a try for myself.
I have two track left to reorchetrate and a couple of tracks a friend of me is going to make some guitars for.
Please send me the sfx folder, then we can merge my music with your sfx and callouts. At least until your music is finished.
Here is a sample from my soundtrack.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ml8d2cdic6vdjvm/raft16.mp3?dl=0

Wow! That sounds really great!

#744 4 years ago

wet-willy. Noun. (plural wet willies) (slang) A prank whereby a saliva-moistened finger is inserted into an unsuspecting person's ear, often with a slight twisting motion.

#752 4 years ago

I'm always interested to test it out. Been playing my whitewater since 2006.

#762 4 years ago

I like the collaborative nature here. All the work that you guys are throwing in will sound amazing in the end.

So what's your plan for the reorchestrated version. Is it completely new callouts and music?

2 weeks later
#774 4 years ago

Nothing for years and then the thread picks up. We get used to seeing some action and of course we want more.

I'm sure they'll post when there's something to post. The longer it takes, the more money that stays in my wallet.

1 week later
#779 4 years ago

This is very exciting news. But I'm still waiting to see a download before I order a pinsound.

1 week later
#797 4 years ago
Quoted from Sgrsgr:

They seams to take time to approve the file. Try this in the meantime.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xtsvs23feahcw47/White_Water_SGR_Version.zip?dl=0

There's a lot of great stuff in there. So it sounds like everything in the music folder is new, the sfx are old and some of the voices are new, right?

All of the music sounds really good. It's nice to hear it so clear.

#803 4 years ago

Sounds great together!

#807 4 years ago

I'll be trying this with a pinsound+ board shortly.. I'll post how it goes.

#811 4 years ago

I just did mine and it worked fine with the file that Sgrsgr posted. Took a while for the conversion and checking of the files to complete.

My initial impressions of this mix are very good. Some of the sounds are too quiet and others are too loud. So some tweaking needs to take place.

#818 4 years ago
Quoted from Endprodukt:

Okay this is gonna be underwhelming for everyone as it's not what you are waiting for.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/g6z4kqfeok6xykf/AACgIY5abGLN_zK3mZp6aTdta?dl=0
Here you go. That my current version with all the SFX and Voice redone...
The music however in this version is NOT rerecorded, it's the original but remastered with top notch analog and digital gear.
It's not perfect, will never be. Have fun though. It comes with a few new quotes you never heard before. Hope you enjoy them.
Female voice is Tammy Tuckey.
I anyone feels like donating:
paypal.me/olivercarell
Thanks guys and sorry for being such a disappointment. Maybe one day you get what you deserve.

could you zip that all up into a single file for an easy download?

#820 4 years ago
Quoted from mystman12:

On the top right of the screen there should be a download drop down. Click that and the select direct download to download the whole folder as a .zip.

Hey I learned something. Thanks!

#821 4 years ago
Quoted from Endprodukt:

Okay this is gonna be underwhelming for everyone as it's not what you are waiting for.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/g6z4kqfeok6xykf/AACgIY5abGLN_zK3mZp6aTdta?dl=0
Here you go. That my current version with all the SFX and Voice redone...
The music however in this version is NOT rerecorded, it's the original but remastered with top notch analog and digital gear.
It's not perfect, will never be. Have fun though. It comes with a few new quotes you never heard before. Hope you enjoy them.
Female voice is Tammy Tuckey.
I anyone feels like donating:
paypal.me/olivercarell
Thanks guys and sorry for being such a disappointment. Maybe one day you get what you deserve.

Oh, and by the way. My kids and I absolutely love how the whitewater sounds now. The call outs sound amazing, you can understand everything said now. You did a great job and this is EXACTLY what i was hoping that you'd end up producing, so THANK YOU for all of your hard work!

#824 4 years ago

I don't have a good setup to grab a video, so here's my son playing. Quite terribly i might add.

Note how much better the whistle from the VUK is in this one.

#835 4 years ago
Quoted from Endprodukt:

Thanks to everyone. So I actually loaded up the music yesterday to find out that none of the plugins I used back in the day still work. Now it sounds even better to my ears....god I need to finish this. No pressure at all.

The quarantine mix.

4 weeks later
#842 3 years ago

some feedback.... Almost everything sounds perfect with a couple exceptions that stand out after playing dozens of games.

using Rom LH6

Man overboard: The different callouts at the beginning of the mode don't mesh together well. There needs to be a slight gap after the first piece.

Game end music: The sections of music don't blend together. There's a sharp change with a gap between them.

I'll try to get some video. Other than those two, the only things that I notice are that some are a bit too quiet, and others are louder. Even with a couple of issues, I love it much more with the new sounds.

Man overboard:

Game end:

#844 3 years ago
Quoted from Sgrsgr:

Thats some realy wierd behaviour. End game video thats is...
It seams that it plays several different wet williy music files after each other and then fades out.
Is this behaviour related to your last ball were lost during wet willy mode or is this every end game?
I’ll check what software version i’ve got in my mashine.

That is every single game. I think a change was made in the last couple roms that make that music appear every time as opposed to only when you had above a certain score.

#848 3 years ago

Another thing I just found. If the whirlpool challenge goes for a while, it runs out of music. There's a gap with no sound and it starts again.

I don't remember how it sounded with the original rom at the end of the game. It's been years since I had that one in.

#850 3 years ago
Quoted from Sgrsgr:

There is no solution for this problem, I think. The sound files are in a certain length, aprox 2 minutes. When the sound file is played to the end, it's starts from the beginning. Most of the songs is made with aprox 1 bar with some kind of intro so there is no way to make the system skip that bar. when it plays it the second time. Well, I can make the sound files last 4 minutes, but it would make the sound package quite large.

I don't think the file size really matters. I have a 16GB card in there and there's nothing else that needs to go on it besides this sound package.

#858 3 years ago

I put in a pair of 5.25" pyle 3 way speakers. I think they sound great.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00022OBO2

#860 3 years ago

I really love what Endprodukt and Sgrsgr did. My machine sounds amazing. One huge upgrade is the whistle from the VUK. Sounds so much better.

#861 3 years ago

double post

3 years later
#868 59 days ago
Quoted from Sgrsgr:

Howdy folks!!
Some news in this old thread. I’ve have teamed up with a new friend, Mats Frånberg, who is really good on guitars. Our plan is to update all tracks played with midi guitars and replace those sounds with real guitar sound. Also, some baselines and melodies will be updated to be more accurate. Additionally some callout variations that did not make it to my first release will be included.
So there is a reorchestrated white water 2.0 soundpack available soon.
Here is a sample is his work:
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/nkynxhcopimgyr6yu2htu/raft6_mats.mp3?rlkey=m9s7l7we4hxbzikdaawdtp1pc&dl=0

fantastic news!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

17,250 (OBO)
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

7,780 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilsonville, OR
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

12,610 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mapleton, UT

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yaksplat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/white-water-reorchestration-for-pinsound-and-warren-davis?tu=yaksplat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.