hELLS_YEAH_(resized).png
warren-davis-1_7_(resized).jpg
Attach20845_20160211_211256_(resized).jpg
rick-big-picture.jpg
20150411_165544.jpg
pps-1.jpg
scroogemcduck.jpg
lucifer-1.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Crash.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 9 years ago

Wait a sec, so you found the voice actor for Wet Willy? And you're Willyng (pun intended) to implement new recordings of those sound calls in full 44KHz fidelity??

#21 9 years ago

Dude!! Do you think it will be possible to inject high fidelity sounds and music into games that have been re-run by Planetary Pinball (Medieval Madness)?

#23 9 years ago

According to the pictures they store the data on a micro SD card. So if one could rip the files from that card it should be pretty easy to convert (if needed) and import them to the Pinsound board (in theory). I also realize there could be legal issues but it would be a cool thing to do if you own both versions of Medieval Madness/Attack from Mars (if you were an operator for example). Actually if you were to go as far as including a ColorDMD Sigma or DMD Extender for single color display and remove the Williams logo from the speaker panel it would probably be impossible for anyone to tell the difference.

#47 9 years ago

Get the extra voices! Ya wiener!

#59 9 years ago

So I'm assuming you'll make the sounds available for a free download since you cannot charge for them?

3 weeks later
#69 9 years ago

Just make sure to let your neighbors know who it is screaming "WRUUGH! AAAAOOOOWW! UGH-WWWHH UGH-WWWHH!"

1 week later
#74 9 years ago

I thought Warren Davis wasn't doing the Bigfoot sounds?

2 months later
#121 9 years ago

Yes the emphasis in the second one is much more fitting!

#138 9 years ago

Provided that a lot of these sounds can be sourced from common CD libraries, does the PinSound system support lossless (PCM or FLAC) audio formats?

4 weeks later
#146 9 years ago

I'm not sure if it's possible to separate the audio tracks in an emulator for better listening, but have you tried lifting some circuits on the sound board to disable certain channels? Like eliminate the SFX and voices? You may even be able to separate the music into its separate channels that way.

#149 9 years ago

Well I know M1 allows you to single out tracks in system 11 games, but I don't think it will for WPC titles. It's been over a year since I've used it. Still, you might want to download it and install the BridgeM1 GUI and see if it will let you.

#164 9 years ago

I always thought she said, "I've got a flashlight," in response to Wet Willy's question, "Anybody got a light?"

#169 9 years ago

You can probably dub the recording if it's ok with her. Or I could give it a try. I can make it sound like "I've got a flashlight."

#177 9 years ago

Let me take a crack at it when I get home if you don't mind. I can improve upon that and probably make it sound 100% authentic.

#179 9 years ago

Audacity mainly.

#183 9 years ago

I didn't save the project but I will PM you to show you what I did.

#185 9 years ago

I actually made a better version just by getting a screenshot for you so I updated the link.

#192 9 years ago

I believe covering music is generally considered to be fair use because the work is transformative in nature, and you are not selling the material you are producing. It's your own material entirely, produced by your studio.

#238 9 years ago

Roger is known for his uncanny ability to settle IP disputes between WMS and other parties. He has served as CGC's main interface to WMS during the development of MMR. I think he is your best bet. Just tell him everything up front and he may be able to work something out for you.

1 month later
#312 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballM:

i restore currently my WH2O with a Nos playfield, can't wait to install my pinsound inside when my pinball will be ready to play! this one is my favorite

It's not getting released.

3 months later
#352 8 years ago
Quoted from bstyles:

PM received this morning, about 1am (someone was up late):
"Pinsider PPS has sent you a message via PinsideMail™:
WMS sounds on games are copyright WMS, are you seriously challenging that then read up on copyright and perhaps talk to the wms attorney. The only licensee for any WMS IP is PPS, so while we are probably willing to discuss with people ways to make things, we are not interested in people who decide that they can violate WMS IP, which we are contractually responsible to report to WMS, and they will take action on specific situations. Perhaps you should understand why anyone other than a licensee would be free to reproduce/remaster WMS game sounds?"
Rick --
See man, this is why the hobby you support tends to hate you. Always first with the threats... I was actually trying to defend you in my latest post, but you just proved what a D-bag you are by the tone of your PM to me. Now, putting aside your asshole-ness, let's get to some rather important questions:
Can you tell us if the sounds were (1) registered with the Copyright Office, (2) filed as a compilation, (3) when this alleged copyright was filed and approved, and (4) who is the owner of this alleged copyright?
If you could provide the copyright registration number, I'll have it ordered and then we can examine it for the purposes of possible litigation. You have my email.... send me a copy of the registration certificate. We'll start there.
Since you've told me to read up on copyright law, I have to assume you are already well-versed, and you must know that without a registered copyright, you're not entitled to statutory damages. Without one, at best you can try for actual damages.
Have you thought about how you're going to prove actual damages? I mean, how many original sound files would you sell if this re-orchestration were not available and competing? By my count... NONE. You don't sell the sound as a product. It's freely available for downloadable from your side http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/Williams/tech/wpcroms.html and ipdb.org.
And by change you do have a registered copyright for the game's sound compilation, you're still going to spend a minimum of $500k to defend your alleged copyright. I say let the fun begin.

Well said! Please keep us updated on how your certificate examination goes.

#386 8 years ago
Quoted from Pablito:

Well Rick, any way you can let this one slide? I know us WH2O owners would love to see this whole thing work out.

"Letting it slide" implies Endprodukt is actually doing something illegal.

#404 8 years ago

Don't you mean Warren Davis?

5 months later
#433 8 years ago
Quoted from freezy:

To show my support, I've fiddled around with the MM main theme a few weeks back. Just uploaded it yesterday to SoundCloud:
https://soundcloud.com/freezy-635192499/mm-main-theme
I'm a bloody amateur compared to Endprodukt but I hope this gives you some motivation!

Use the high quality version from MMR as reference material.

#436 8 years ago
2 weeks later
#443 8 years ago

The Jurassic Park club has more info.

#445 8 years ago

I myself prefer to hear the original soundtrack, it's just fantastic.

3 months later
#454 7 years ago
Quoted from seshpilot:

I care and want the Endprodukt!

Fixed it for you.

#469 7 years ago

Who is the Blondie Girl character? First time I've heard of her.

#480 7 years ago
Quoted from Endprodukt:

I have to agree. Sorry to everyone who has Christmas white water.

Don't be sorry. If they ruin their game it's their deal. I think it's utterly silly myself.

#492 7 years ago

Who rerecorded the original voice?

#494 7 years ago

Oh! Derp, forgot about him (it's in the thread title )

2 months later
#555 7 years ago
Quoted from Endprodukt:

Now I have a little girl that has higher priority.

Quoted from Endprodukt:

my own wh2o is still in pieces.

Quoted from Fifty:

I have a 5 year old girl as well. My WH2O has been in pieces

Illuminati confirmed.

1 year later
#588 6 years ago

Forgive me if this has been mentioned recently, but do you mean an official release through PPS or just a private release to yourself due to copyright issues (which really should have no bearing considering it's not a derivative work)?

#595 6 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Not a fan of this question. Why even ask really. I mean why does it matter to you.

It doesn't, I don't have any games. Just excited to see this project develop.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 12.95
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

12,610 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mapleton, UT
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jamestown, NC
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Crash.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/white-water-reorchestration-for-pinsound-and-warren-davis?tu=Crash and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.