hELLS_YEAH_(resized).png
warren-davis-1_7_(resized).jpg
Attach20845_20160211_211256_(resized).jpg
rick-big-picture.jpg
20150411_165544.jpg
pps-1.jpg
scroogemcduck.jpg
lucifer-1.jpg
There are 871 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 18.
#151 9 years ago

Tammy Tuckey, daughter of Todd Tuckey, will be the female voice in my reorchestration for White Water!

She did a great job and I'm very thankful she helped out.

#152 9 years ago

Making good progress. Hope to show something in the next few days.

#153 9 years ago
Quoted from Endprodukt:

Tammy Tuckey, daughter of Todd Tuckey, will be the female voice in my reorchestration for White Water!
She did a great job and I'm very thankful she helped out.

That's great.

#154 9 years ago

Rockin' the Whirlpool... this one was fun: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2932654/Whirlpool.mp3

#156 9 years ago

Wow! This is just great!
Have you tried using melodyne to maki midi files of the music?
That has worked great for me in the past.

Axl

#157 9 years ago

No chance to use melodyne on this one to figure out single tracks. Original music is in mono, I don't have access to single instruments/channels. No chance melodyne could help me out on this one. Love it to tune bass/vocals though

#158 9 years ago

Thanks to GaryMcT for the donation. It's much appreciated!

#159 9 years ago

Great Whirlpool sound! Feels exactly the same but much more intense!

#160 9 years ago

Do you have an example of the voice of Tammy, really interested!

#162 9 years ago

Musicians.... need your help deciding which instrument to choose for the Multiball Tune:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2932654/multibal__LEGACY__.wav

Please compare it to the Goldmine tune:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2932654/country___LEGACY__.wav

The instruments sound quite different, although they're in a similar style (Bluegrass/Country).

So for the Goldmine it was more obvious. Using Banjo, Violin for the lead, bathtube bass and a simple drumsetup. Now for the Multiball it doesn't seem as obvious.

It could be a Banjo (starting right from the beginning)... but the Lead that kicks in after a second or two... .it doesn't sound like a fiddel. Also the "Banjo" could be something else like a Guitar/Steelguitar. HELP!!!

#163 9 years ago

Thanks for posting, girl sounds really good! I have the idea that the original voice was pitched a bit higher but for the rest she sounds quite similar.

Can you post the original tracks of the meltable and goldmine as well? Then I can compare by playing the original and your version on my headphones.

#164 9 years ago

I always thought she said, "I've got a flashlight," in response to Wet Willy's question, "Anybody got a light?"

#165 9 years ago

Yep it's I've got a flashlight!

#166 9 years ago

lol, I've got flashlights

#167 9 years ago

God damn it. You're right. That's a problem as she isn't available for rerecordings any time soon. Damn.

#168 9 years ago

Well... she could have had more than one flashlight

#169 9 years ago

You can probably dub the recording if it's ok with her. Or I could give it a try. I can make it sound like "I've got a flashlight."

#170 9 years ago

I'll give it a try.

#171 9 years ago

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2932654/I%27ve%20Got%20A%20Flashlight.wav

Spending 3 Minutes on it. Still hope she'll rerecord this one.

#172 9 years ago

Sounds flawless to me bro. Keep it and call it done!

#173 9 years ago
Quoted from Endprodukt:

Musicians.... need your help deciding which instrument to choose for the Multiball Tune:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2932654/multibal__LEGACY__.wav
Please compare it to the Goldmine tune:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2932654/country___LEGACY__.wav
The instruments sound quite different, although they're in a similar style (Bluegrass/Country).
So for the Goldmine it was more obvious. Using Banjo, Violin for the lead, bathtube bass and a simple drumsetup. Now for the Multiball it doesn't seem as obvious.
It could be a Banjo (starting right from the beginning)... but the Lead that kicks in after a second or two... .it doesn't sound like a fiddel. Also the "Banjo" could be something else like a Guitar/Steelguitar. HELP!!!

I would definitely make the lead a fiddle sound. That's authentic to the style and IMO, what the original composer was shooting for.

#174 9 years ago
Quoted from seshpilot:

I would definitely make the lead a fiddle sound. That's authentic to the style and IMO, what the original composer was shooting for.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking but the actual fiddlesound (midi) in the Goldrush track sounds like a fiddle. The leadsound in the multiball music doesn't sound like a fiddle to me.

#175 9 years ago
Quoted from seshpilot:

Sounds flawless to me bro. Keep it and call it done!

No way.
You've come this far so might as well don't right.
That just sounds odd

#176 9 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

No way.
You've come this far so might as well don't right.
That just sounds odd

Yup, sounds fake. Won't go that route. BUT that's actually my smallest problem. Many tracks ahead that are so complicated it's not funny.

#177 9 years ago

Let me take a crack at it when I get home if you don't mind. I can improve upon that and probably make it sound 100% authentic.

#178 9 years ago

Cool. Give it a try. What do you use for it?

#179 9 years ago

Audacity mainly.

#180 9 years ago

Give it a go. Looking forward to your results.

#182 9 years ago

nice job, would you mind sending me screenshot of the project to see what you actually did?

#183 9 years ago

I didn't save the project but I will PM you to show you what I did.

#184 9 years ago

It seems to help to be a native speaker. Great job, thank you again!

#185 9 years ago

I actually made a better version just by getting a screenshot for you so I updated the link.

#186 9 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

I always thought she said, "I've got a flashlight," in response to Wet Willy's question, "Anybody got a light?"

I thought the guy said, "It's dark" and then she said, "here's a flashlight". Could be wrong.

#187 9 years ago

Good news. Not. PPS contacted me. You know what that means. I'll let you know if I can ever continue to work on this. Can't believe this.

#188 9 years ago

Oooh noooo, the party poopers again! Hopefully they work something out with you rather than kill the project.

#189 9 years ago

All the information I could gather in 30 minutes are good for us. I don't think they (PPS) have a basis to actually pull me down. I'm not selling anything.

#190 9 years ago

FUN POLICE, pfft!

#191 9 years ago

I hope PPS can see the value in these Pinsound projects for them. Increased interest in WMS titles drives more demand for those titles, which is good for PPS in every way. If I were PPS I would try to work with the Pinsound community to let projects like this flourish.

-Jay

#192 9 years ago

I believe covering music is generally considered to be fair use because the work is transformative in nature, and you are not selling the material you are producing. It's your own material entirely, produced by your studio.

#193 9 years ago

Sad that PPS is holding onto something that isn't even making $ for you

#194 9 years ago

Thanks guys. I really want to continue on this

#195 9 years ago
Quoted from jrobinso99:

I hope PPS can see the value in these Pinsound projects for them. Increased interest in WMS titles drives more demand for those titles, which is good for PPS in every way. If I were PPS I would try to work with the Pinsound community to let projects like this flourish.
-Jay

Here is the position. If people are creating NEW music or sounds for a game that are not based or recreations of WMS IP then we have absolutely no issue. IF you are just creating a copy of the voice or other sounds then it is copying and not 'new' - this is pretty basic, and that is our and WMS position. It is also enabling the selling of something for which people are making money, so certain people are making $ off this as well, which you don't get to do unless you create something of your own, that is why copyright exists.

To date, there is no relationship with pinsound and if there is then this may be the right path, but at this point, there is not.

thanks,
rick

#196 9 years ago

Noob question- what is PPS?

#197 9 years ago
Quoted from Elicash:

Noob question- what is PPS?

PPS = Planetary Pinball, who are the licensee of WMS (Williams/Bally) for Games, Parts, Merchandise, and other IP

#198 9 years ago

Hey guys,

you know what's funny? I've got thumbs up from Chris Granner (who actually wrote the music), Steve Ritchie (who used it), Dennis Nordmann (who also used it) and Warren Davis (who is the original voice of Wet Willy). I get PM's from all over the world. I couldn't feel better about my work.

I'll stop for NOW. We'll see where this is going.

Thanks for all the support.

#199 9 years ago

No reason to stop working. You can do this for yourself (as you've noted, that's the primary goal) all day long, zero issues.

The problems stem from distributing it. Maybe something can be worked out there, I don't know, there's plenty of time to figure that out. But in the meantime there's nothing in your way to continue your labor of love (because that's what this is) so you can enjoy it for yourself.

You don't have to keep your progress secret, you can talk about what you're doing all you like.

#200 9 years ago

Believe me... so much time spent on WH2O... haha... this is really really really sad and disturbing.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 12.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

12,610 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mapleton, UT
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Asheville, NC
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 871 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/white-water-reorchestration-for-pinsound-and-warren-davis/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.