hELLS_YEAH_(resized).png
warren-davis-1_7_(resized).jpg
Attach20845_20160211_211256_(resized).jpg
rick-big-picture.jpg
20150411_165544.jpg
pps-1.jpg
scroogemcduck.jpg
lucifer-1.jpg
There are 871 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 18.
#51 9 years ago

Months is days in pinball terms. Seems quick to me.

#52 9 years ago

Dennis is a member here. You could always ask him if he remembers!

#53 9 years ago

I'm befriended with him and talked to him on Facebook. I think he's rather busy with Alien right now

As promised:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2932654/Welcome%20To%20Wet%20Willys.wav

That's how it's supposed to sound. Thank you so much Warren Davis

#55 9 years ago

Since I have a whitewater and the sound is pretty good already, blows away my Lotr, I'd like to drop a contribution as well.

As for any kind of copyright infringement. There are ZERO damages to be awarded to anybody. Rock on

#56 9 years ago
Quoted from Endprodukt:

I'm befriended with him and talked to him on Facebook. I think he's rather busy with Alien right now
As promised:

That's really cool! Whitewater is one of my fav pin soundtracks. Really looking forward to hearing how your remastered version sounds.

#57 9 years ago

I have always wanted somebody to redo the audio on TAF. This has will have legal problems but take a look.
http://www.youtube.com/embed/N0Qz1yuAw3g?autoplay=1&rel=0

#58 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Since I have a whitewater and the sound is pretty good already, blows away my Lotr, I'd like to drop a contribution as well.
As for any kind of copyright infringement. There are ZERO damages to be awarded to anybody. Rock on

Will do!

Quoted from Rarehero:

That's really cool! Whitewater is one of my fav pin soundtracks. Really looking forward to hearing how your remastered version sounds.

Me too!

Quoted from futurepinhead:

I have always wanted somebody to redo the audio on TAF. This has will have legal problems but take a look.
http://www.youtube.com/embed/N0Qz1yuAw3g?autoplay=1&rel=0

TAF has been redone for the Pinsound Board! I don't see a reason for any lega problems as long as you're not making money on it or you're giving away whole tracks or something.

#59 9 years ago

So I'm assuming you'll make the sounds available for a free download since you cannot charge for them?

#60 9 years ago

All my sounds will be available for free, yes. I couldn't charge for them without getting serious trouble. I guess PPS has the rights on them. Donations are welcome though, we're talking about 200+ hours of work.

#61 9 years ago
Quoted from Endprodukt:

TAF has been redone for the Pinsound Board! I don't see a reason for any lega problems as long as you're not making money on it or you're giving away whole tracks or something.

Excellent, I need to check out your site then. Thanks.

#62 9 years ago

When I first saw the Pinsound concept many months ago, I listened to one of the re-orchestrations that was on their website and was a little disappointed as it sounded completely different (music-wise, not quality-wise) than the original. But these are fantastic and spot on! I will definitely be buying boards for White Water and IJ and look forward to other titles.

I would LOVE to see EATPM and SS redone, for obvious reasons. Maybe I could hire Cassandra to redo the voice work...

#63 9 years ago
Quoted from Endprodukt:

As promised:

Sounds fantastic!! I may have to add this to my game. Thank you for you dedication and hard work.

Thanks,
Alex

#64 9 years ago

This is killer! Looking forward to hearing the finished product.

#65 9 years ago
Quoted from boostedskex:

Sounds fantastic!! I may have to add this to my game. Thank you for you dedication and hard work.
Thanks,
Alex

Thanks man, it's very appreciated!

Quoted from adii:

This is killer! Looking forward to hearing the finished product.

Thank you, too! Can't wait to start really working on it

#66 9 years ago

I got 1/3 of the Wet Willy samples and they're spot on. Warren is very very cool to work with!

2 weeks later
#67 9 years ago

I got ALL the Wet Willy samples. All the backers might have the Speech Files if desired (I still need to cut them though). You could get your Pinsound Board allready and enjoy your White Water with 8-bit music and high quality speech, at least for Wet Willy. Still need to find someone to do the girl voices (anyone interested who has a good mic and a girlfriend that might do it?)

Music will take a little longer and I couldn't start yet as IJ isn't done yet and I'm waiting for a software update for the Pinsound Studio. It will be done, but I promised myself I wont hurry.

#68 9 years ago

Hey Endprodukt!

Just wanted to let you know that I'm going to record the Bigfoot sounds this weekend.

#69 9 years ago

Just make sure to let your neighbors know who it is screaming "WRUUGH! AAAAOOOOWW! UGH-WWWHH UGH-WWWHH!"

#70 9 years ago

This is gonna be awesome, happy to contribute dollars for all the great work here!

#71 9 years ago

The bigfoot sounds are now recorded, now just up too Enproduct to work his magic with them, I even included some bonus phrases

#72 9 years ago

I might include 3 different versions - My own, one made by webdiddy and one by Warren Davis.

Indiana Jones needs to be finished first, though.

#73 9 years ago

I'm just coming up to speed on this, and it sounds awesome. I'm in!
Nice work gents!
--
Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
http://www.Team-EM.com
http://webpages.charter.net/chibler/Pinball/index.htm
http://www.PinWiki.com - The new place for pinball repair info

#74 9 years ago

I thought Warren Davis wasn't doing the Bigfoot sounds?

#75 9 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

I thought a Warren Davis wasn't doing the Bigfoot sounds?

They (Chris Granner, Warren Davis and Dennis Nordman) don't remember. Yes. It could have been any of them or maybe Steve Ritchie or ANYONE else at Williams. But having these made by Warren Davis (and he pretty much nailed it) is a nice feature.

BTW: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qeeemeq5m4b98sm/White%20Water%20%281%29.wav?dl=0

1 week later
#76 9 years ago
Quoted from Endprodukt:

At bootup you will hear some beeping. Right now the board takes around 15 seconds to boot (the Prototype took twice as long) and the booting time will be shorter in the future.

Ack, that boot time is disappointing.

GNR has an audio sample that plays within the first second of the machine being powered up, and you can start a game 5-6 seconds after power-up.

#77 9 years ago

Great work Endprodukt - Is there a way to hear the TAF version for the pinsound board? Also, if I have updated speakers in my machine (i.e pinball pro or flipper fidelity) what has to be done to make them compatible with the pinsound board? Thanks

#78 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

Ack, that boot time is disappointing.
GNR has an audio sample that plays within the first second of the machine being powered up, and you can start a game 5-6 seconds after power-up.

As I said they're working on booting time.

Quoted from gac:

Great work Endprodukt - Is there a way to hear the TAF version for the pinsound board? Also, if I have updated speakers in my machine (i.e pinball pro or flipper fidelity) what has to be done to make them compatible with the pinsound board? Thanks

I didn't make the TAF version but I know there are samples on the Pinsound site. Have a look on the blog.

You can start with your setup right away but it will be mono the way it's wired. For the full potential you'll have to rewire your speakers but it's not hard to do.

1 month later
#79 9 years ago

Wanted to let you know that I started working on the music.

#80 9 years ago

Nice! Very interested to see how this turns out. It sounds like a very time intensive project. What's your ETA on the music being done? Will you be sharing samples along the way? Thx and keep up the good work.

#81 9 years ago
Quoted from gac:

As said by Endprodukt, the best is to upgrade to stereo 2.1 with a new wiring harness (we'll sell it on our shop very soon).

Here is a preview of TAF 20th anniversary :

#82 9 years ago
Quoted from Pablito:

Nice! Very interested to see how this turns out. It sounds like a very time intensive project. What's your ETA on the music being done? Will you be sharing samples along the way? Thx and keep up the good work.

it is very time consuming and all I can say is that it's done when it's done. 3 month maybe. Big plus is that speech is done by Warren Davis. There are some very difficult music tracks with many many different instruments. I will post updates as I did for IJ and T2.

#83 9 years ago

I use pinsound board on IJ and my TAFG currently
i have 3 or 4 different sound package on each game in the usb key memory.
so when you start the game, you can choose easily what you want.
often sound can change completly the game or you can use original, as you want.

i need to check pinsound on MM , i like it
and my wh2o can't wait !

#84 9 years ago
Quoted from Endprodukt:

it is very time consuming and all I can say is that it's done when it's done. 3 month maybe. Big plus is that speech is done by Warren Davis. There are some very difficult music tracks with many many different instruments. I will post updates as I did for IJ and T2.

Yeah, this is a daunting project to say the least (many instruments, wave sound efx, etc.) I can't wait to hear what it sounds like when you finish.

I was thinking about this project the other day and it dawned on me that the VUK sound effect was probably intended to be a whistle

http://www.pond5.com/sound-effect/8910846/human-whistle-attention.html

On the game it comes out sounding more like this (FFW to the end)

#85 9 years ago

I still need a female voice. I'd prefer a native speaker. Can anyone help? You need access to a decent mic (no headphone mic) and an interface with preamp.

#86 9 years ago

Making some progress with the help of Chris Granner who pointed out some harmonies for me. Will post little clips pretty soon.

I've also cut and mixed all of the Wet Willy speech files.

#87 9 years ago

I may be able to help w female voice. What do you need?

#88 9 years ago

I need several female voice samples from the game. The person doing this should be able to voice act a little. She doesn't need to sound exactly like the girl from the game but should at least try to.

You need access to a decent mic, pop filter and interface.

#89 9 years ago

Price lowered to 339

#90 9 years ago

This is super cool! I am going to follow this thread and can't wait to hear some samples! I just might have to jump in on this one for my White Water...

1 week later
#91 9 years ago

Ok, this is very very very early but I wanted to let you know that things are happening and give you a very short preview of what you can expect... most SFX is not done (besides those that are obviously Stereo etc.)

Let me know what you think!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jhvjvb6e0ifgruk/White%20Water%20Preview%20WIP.mp3?dl=0

#92 9 years ago

Wow, drums sound great! Synth sounds right. Bass sounds great too. The guitar seems just a tad off to my ears. The notes and timing sound perfect but the overall sound comes off a little less agressive to me than the original. Maybe it needs distortion or overdrive or something (I'm totally talking out of my ass here). I don't know, it "feels" more laid back to me for some reason. I could be tripping. In any event this is awesome!

#93 9 years ago

Thanks man! Yes, actually you pointed something out that's on my list. I think the guitars need more overdrive - not much, we're not talking about high gain guitars - but yes, they could be a little more agressive!

Btw... Drums and Bass are programmed on this one.

#94 9 years ago

Wow.. Sounds amazeballs! Will go on my machine for sure, one day!

#95 9 years ago

Man, when the multi millions woman's voice comes in it's such a stark reminder of how terrible the stock sound is!

#96 9 years ago

Seriously sounds awesome bro. Congrats. I might encourage you to compress Warren's voice samples a bit so they punch and cut through. 4, med attack, Fast release, maybe 5-7dB of compression depending upon which one you use. Pumped for this to finish!!

#97 9 years ago

Well... the original sound wasn't terrible, it just had to be downsampled pretty hard, that's why everything sounds distorted. But... thanks for the compliment

#98 9 years ago

I love it!

#99 9 years ago

@seshpilot

These are compressed, heavily with an 1176 and an LA-3A. More compression would actually start introducing background noise as Warrens records were made at home.

The reason they don't cut through is that ducking isn't set in this mix (it's a feature that's now integrated into pinsound studio).

Thanks for the info!

#100 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Man, when the multi millions woman's voice comes in it's such a stark reminder of how terrible the stock sound is!

The multi-millions woman doesn't sound that bad that on my machine. Maybe it's the speakers rounding out the rough edges? Maybe it just sounds horrible in comparison to the crystal clear sounds Endprodukt is getting with nice stereo separation and whatnot. It does sound horrible compared to Endprodukt's mix though!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

17,250 (OBO)
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 12.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Indian Land, SC
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

Machine - For Sale
Sugarloaf, CO
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

There are 871 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/white-water-reorchestration-for-pinsound-and-warren-davis/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.